PDA

View Full Version : Well, it's been a cracker of a day.........

skuthorp
03-14-2012, 05:24 AM
Last night early the stars were spectacular and later the moonlight was brilliant. This morning a red cross brunch with a string quartette accompanying. Then an hour or two i the surf ending with a long ride into the mouth of a river where the kayak was waiting. Water was deliciously cold, like swimming in champagne. It was a very high tide, the river so full that it flooded out over the banks, whereas normally we paddle in the ditch. Back to the mouth of the river on the turn of the tide and another swim and some fun in the river runout to the sea. A few beers at the pub watching the sunset over the sea with spectacular cloud formations. Fresh grilled whiting to round out a great day.:D

Meli
03-14-2012, 05:39 AM
Which river, the Powlett?

I'll get up (down?) there sometime before winter :)

skuthorp
03-14-2012, 05:51 AM
Yup, and the Killy pub.
The water was right up to the Powlet car park, about 30cms deep against the grass bank.

The Bigfella
03-14-2012, 07:22 AM
Good stuff. Had a top day myself. Planning on taking in a nice restaurant to top it off

BrianW
03-14-2012, 10:52 AM
Nice!

I take it you don't have problems with Great White sharks in the river mouths like they do in South Africa?

purri
03-15-2012, 04:07 AM
^ not always, just in Port Jackson (Sydney Harbour to you). A Navy Clearance Diver (SEAL) became a double amputee.

shark lotto...