PDA

View Full Version : Legibility of WoodenBoat iPad app

RFNK
03-13-2012, 03:58 AM
It's highly likely that this is my fault but ....... I just bought the WB iPad app and then bought a 1 year subscription to view on the iPad. Well, the print is so small I can't read it and the capacity to expand the print is veeeeery limited. Is there a solution? I've tried using the zoom function in Accessibility but it just throws images and text all over the place. Heeelp!

Rick

Scot
03-13-2012, 04:27 AM
Hi Rick:

Is the app in your "newsstand"? Just checking as the latest version should land there. If not, update the app.

When you're viewing, has the issue fully downloaded? You can tap the screen near the top to get the menu bar, and see % of download.

When you use your fingers to "pinch out", doesn't that make the type much bigger?

I don't find a problem in either orientation... two-up landscape, or one page portrait. Does that make a difference?

-Scot

RFNK
03-13-2012, 04:34 AM
Yes, it's in News Stand and all downloaded. The front page will sit in portrait orientation but then it flips around to landscape when I move to the inside. And won't go back. When I pinch out to make it bigger, it won't stay big enough - it reverts to only slightly bigger. Grrr. Happy to try any tips!

Rick

Scot
03-13-2012, 04:36 AM
Did you reboot?

RFNK
03-13-2012, 04:41 AM
Hmmm, I just tried going to portrait orientation and then opening WB and it would then stay in portrait while I scrolled through the pages. Then pinching out made the text stay bigger than before, so this is much better. I'd still like to be able to make it bigger again but it's pretty good as it is for me.

I do think it's great to be able to get WB on iPad by the way! Thanks for this!!

Rick

RFNK
03-13-2012, 04:42 AM
No, the boots I have are fine thanks! Only joking - how do you reboot an iPad?

Rick

Scot
03-13-2012, 04:45 AM
Just turn it off with the button on the top (side...). You'll get the "slide to power off" jobbie. Then turn it back on.

Scot
03-13-2012, 04:52 AM
Also... you might want to be sure you've done the latest updates. Settings icon ->General-> Software updates.

RFNK
03-13-2012, 04:54 AM
OK, thanks! I did that. Now, why did I do that?

It seems the same as before but that's fine really (as above). I'm happy - thanks Scot!

Rick

RFNK
03-13-2012, 04:54 AM
Yep, I'd update only a day or two ago.

Rick

mcdenny
03-17-2012, 11:41 AM
You probably got this from Apple and installed it already but an update to the operating system IOS 5.something just came out.