PDA

View Full Version : Atkin Design

lundy
09-20-2000, 05:19 PM
I'm a newbie to the forum, love reading everyone's post. I'm somewhere between a has been and a wanna be. I has been a sailor for some time, now I wanna be a boat builder. For several months I have been trying to find a design. So far I have learned I like the Atkin designs, thus my question. On page 108 of the current months WoodenBoat Magazine is a Atkin design for sale, does anyone know which design this is? I've tried the broker, but yet to find out. Also, does anyone know where a picture of boat taken from the Tern and Wild Duck designs are? I have the Atkin plans catalog but there's really not a good picture of either. Thanks for any assistance.

lundy

Jamie Hascall
09-20-2000, 08:27 PM
A guy here in the Seattle area has a Tern. It's a beautiful boat and he sails it well enough to do very well in the races around here. I don't have a good picture of it, but on there are races happening both the next two weekends that he might be in, so I'll try to get a picture for you. There are also four nice Atkins listed with Mahina Yachts outside of Seattle (www.mahinayachts.com). One is listed as a B. Cunningham Bristol Channel Cutter and is well worth a look. The 32 footer is a new listing and really looks like a great boat. Without a doubt you've got good taste.

Jamie

lundy
10-08-2000, 10:28 PM
Thanks Jamie, any photos would be great. Just in case anyone else was interested, the name of the design was Captain Cicero. The catalog describes it as Marconi Knockabout with a length of 29' 10" beam of 8'9". Has anyone seen one of these or have any pictures? There's no sketch in the catalog. BTW Pat Atkin from Atkin Boat Plans answered my question regarding the unknown design. She was very helpful, many thanks.

lundy