• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Paul Girouard
    Banned
    • May 2005

Etsy

Anyone here using it to sell products?

Shop Smith & Vallee Woodworks by smithandvallee located in Bow, Washington.

A local cabinet shop / furniture builder around my area just started using it. Looks interesting, anyone have any intel on how it works / used it / looked into using it? Pitfalls?
  • David G
    • Dec 2003

Re: Etsy

Paul,

I have a fellow who rents a bit of shop space to do fulfillment for his line up yuppy cat furniture. I know he looked into Etsy... but don't know if he's using them. Want me to ask?

And - your friend the woodworker - needs to correct his lead foto. Not that I'm one to talk when it comes to sloppy websites - that the glaringly uneven reveals on those two edge-banded cvg fir doors screams Shoddy! His work actually looks fine, but that's not the image I'd want to lead off with.
    David G
    Harbor Woodworks
    https://www.facebook.com/HarborWoodworks/

"It was a Sunday morning and Goddard gave thanks that there were still places where one could worship in temples not made by human hands." -- L. F. Herreshoff (The Compleat Cruiser)

Comment

• Paul Girouard
      Banned
      • May 2005

Re: Etsy

Originally posted by David G
      Paul,

I have a fellow who rents a bit of shop space to do fulfillment for his line up yuppy cat furniture. I know he looked into Etsy... but don't know if he's using them. Want me to ask?

And - your friend the woodworker - needs to correct his lead foto. Not that I'm one to talk when it comes to sloppy websites - that the glaringly uneven reveals on those two edge-banded cvg fir doors screams Shoddy! His work actually looks fine, but that's not the image I'd want to lead off with.

Ya check with him.

I noticed that as well , maybe I'll send them a PM on F/B about the door alignment. I'm pretty sure the gal they have running the gallery does all the social media stuff, at least that's what she told me when I was in the gallery with some clients a few months ago.

For the record , I've haven't met the two guys who own the shop , I met the kid who " runs" the shop once , on the same visit I talked with the gallery gal. The shop , the gallery and another wood supply place are all on the same block in the sleepily little town of Edsen, Wa.

These guys are doing something right, or so it seems to me, using F/B and other ways , their gallery they run art shows , the art varies , but their stuff is always there in the gallery. The town itself is grouping together with theme things , a recent "Bird festival" comes to mind , so they are working all the angles they can to promote the shop and their produces.

The wood place:

Comment

Working...