PDA

View Full Version : Burmingham Alabama

Meli
02-24-2012, 01:56 AM
I can't post the new's links cos my internets too slow.

But if you want to get rid of your new bride. Take her diving in Australia and get tried in Alabama.
Ijit Queenslanders.:rolleyes:

purri
02-24-2012, 01:59 AM
US doctrine of extra-territoriality as usual. Old, old.

Meli
02-24-2012, 02:06 AM
But his poor wife was 'Murrican. Surely that judge wouldn't let him off just to cock a snoot at Australia insisting no death penalty if we let him be extradited?

Well maybe Alabama cant afford to keep prisoners in for life. If ya cant kill em, let em go.

Sheesh.

Wheres PCford when you need him?

One thing is sure, thats the last time we'll let US cit home for a "fair" trial.

Paul Pless
02-24-2012, 02:54 AM
Its Birmingham, with an 'i'

Meli, what's up? This story has been played out over here for better than five years, but all of a sudden its your new obsession. . .

Paul Pless
02-24-2012, 02:55 AM
Well maybe Alabama cant afford to keep prisoners in for life.Its more expensive to execute a prisoner than to keep them for life.

Larks
02-24-2012, 03:09 AM
Alabama judge was a Queenslander? Who'd have thunk it??

The Bigfella
02-24-2012, 03:16 AM
Trolling again.....

Meli
02-24-2012, 04:08 AM
Its Birmingham, with an 'i'

Meli, what's up? This story has been played out over here for better than five years, but all of a sudden its your new obsession. . .

Well they only just let him off. Judge wouldn't even put it to a jury.
Can someone please explain?

P.I. Stazzer-Newt
02-24-2012, 04:13 AM
Can someone please explain?

Somebody's dingo got eaten by a blue ringed octopus and the european court on human rights is preventing the extradition to the USA on the grounds of religious freedom?

No effin clue.

Larks
02-24-2012, 04:15 AM
If he was found not guilty because of insufficient evidence at trial he couldn't be tried again, I assume that by the judge not allowing it to go to trial as it stands he could be retried if the prosecuters can provide sufficient reason for a retrial.

But I don't know US law so perhaps someone in the US could confirm that???

Meli
02-24-2012, 04:50 AM
Not according to the prosicutor. I'ts finished with.
Maybe we could extradite him back ?

seanz
02-24-2012, 05:06 AM
prosecutor?
It's?

You could appeal.
:)

Meli
02-24-2012, 05:19 AM
Well it's hot here :p

seanz
02-24-2012, 05:23 AM
Uz ut?

Eets kewl hair.
:p

m2c1Iw
02-24-2012, 06:00 AM
Don't know about the case but reackon Birmingham Alabama is the coolest name and a place I always wanted to go.

Paul Pless
02-24-2012, 06:00 AM
If he was found not guilty because of insufficient evidence at trial he couldn't be tried again

Well the judge simply dismissed the case for lack of evidence. There was no trial and there will be no trial pending the introduction of new evidence. The prosecutor ain't much interested in the case either.

Sounds like Australia might be a good place to off your spouse in an insurance scam. Not only did y'all treat a murderer pretty lightly, y'all protected him from courts in other nations that probably would have served justice. Some people should die, That's just unconscious knowledge. . .

Paul Pless
02-24-2012, 06:06 AM
Don't know about the case but reackon Birmingham Alabama is the coolest name and a place I always wanted to go.Its hot, they have exceptionally poor traffic planning, and there ain't much to look at other than pine trees, with one notable exception. It is home to the most astounding collection of vintage motorcycles in private hands anywhere in the world, all housed in a gorgeous museum overlooking an FIA spec road course. (http://barbermotorsports.com/general/vintage-museum.php)link (https://www.google.com/search?q=barber+motorsports+park&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a)

bamamick
02-24-2012, 07:54 AM
Hey, now. They also have the Vulcan, right? :)

Mickey Lake

The Gentleman Sawyer
02-24-2012, 08:45 AM
And it resides in a bankrupt County.

Ken

Paul Pless
02-24-2012, 08:50 AM
Hey, now. They also have the Vulcan, right? :)

Mickey Lake

A giant naked steel dude, that drug dealers and homosexuals gather round at night. :eek:

http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3646/3451977049_e09202f20f_b.jpg

stevebaby
02-24-2012, 09:57 AM
Well the judge simply dismissed the case for lack of evidence. There was no trial and there will be no trial pending the introduction of new evidence. The prosecutor ain't much interested in the case either.

Sounds like Australia might be a good place to off your spouse in an insurance scam. Not only did y'all treat a murderer pretty lightly, y'all protected him from courts in other nations that probably would have served justice. Some people should die, That's just unconscious knowledge. . .It was always going to be a difficult case to prove. No witnesses, no scientific evidence etc. I was surprised he pleaded guilty here until I thought about it a bit. He's obviously pleaded guilty to a charge that I think he could have beaten in an Australian court, knowing that in an American court his lawyers would invoke double jeopardy and he'd walk.
At least we got him for something, which is poor consolation to the victim's family, but it's better than what the American court was able to do.

pefjr
02-24-2012, 10:05 AM
Another PP contest. My country tis of thee.

MiddleAgesMan
02-24-2012, 10:32 AM
When the prosecution presents what it has over two weeks then rests its case that sounds like a trial to me. The defense attorney then moved to have the case dismissed for lack of evidence. The judge granted the motion.

Half a trial?

bamamick
02-24-2012, 10:46 AM
A giant naked steel dude, that drug dealers and homosexuals gather round at night. :eek:

http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3646/3451977049_e09202f20f_b.jpg

And one of our most important state landmarks!

Is Jefferson County bankrupt? I thought it was just the city? Some of the priciest suburbs in the state are in Jeff Cty. I hadn't heard the county was in trouble, but even if it is it certainly doesn't make it unique in this country does it?

Mickey Lake

Dan McCosh
02-24-2012, 10:51 AM
And one of our most important state landmarks!

Is Jefferson County bankrupt? I thought it was just the city? Some of the priciest suburbs in the state are in Jeff Cty. I hadn't heard the county was in trouble, but even if it is it certainly doesn't make it unique in this country does it?

Mickey Lake Actually, it is kind of unique. Only a half-dozen counties/cities in the U.S. have ever filed for actual bankruptcy, and Jefferson County is one of those.

Paul Pless
02-24-2012, 10:52 AM
And one of our most important state landmarks! I agree, and its actually a very cool monument.

Paul Pless
02-24-2012, 10:54 AM
Actually, it is kind of unique. Only a half-dozen counties/cities in the U.S. have ever filed for actual bankruptcy, and Jefferson County is one of those.

Will the next three be Flint, Pontiac, and Detroit?

RichKrough
02-24-2012, 10:56 AM
They all just a bunch of dumb azzes down in Alabama.Why go 1/2 way around the world just to get rid of your wife?. Back home in Georgia all you needed was your skiff a rope and a couple cinder blocks for a "Lake Lanier divorce".

Dan McCosh
02-24-2012, 11:35 AM
Will the next three be Flint, Pontiac, and Detroit? Doesn't seem likely, neither does NYC. Lots of municipalities, school districts, etc. have gone broke, but very few have filed for Chapter 9. I think Cleveland attempted this in the 1970s. Most of the bankruptcies have been in California--notably Orange County, FWIW.

switters
02-24-2012, 01:27 PM
I'm sure Lindy Chamberlain would be the first person to tell you that Australian justice trumps Alabama, eh?

Dan McCosh
02-24-2012, 01:35 PM
Correction--more than quarter of all the municipal bankruptcies ever filed have been in Alabama, the worst record in the U.S.

The Bigfella
02-24-2012, 03:50 PM
He was the victim of a lynch mob.

Plod totally stuffed up with their examination of half the dive computer... and came to the wrong conclusion. Gabe and his dead bride rejected a salesman trying to push a much bigger insurance load at them just before they came here... the beneficiary of her insurance that she did have was her father, not Gabe. No motive.

How much more do you want?

edit... it was the examination of the dive computer that plod stuffed up, not the regulator.