PDA

View Full Version : Univ of Texas

ccmanuals
02-18-2012, 10:45 AM
Started this past week a program at the University of Texas, McCombs School of Business, the Executive Leadership Program.
http://www.mccombs.utexas.edu/ExecED/Executive-Development-Certificates/Institute-Managerial-Leadership

Great program to say the least. One of the most interesting aspects is the various industries that the participants in the program come from. For example this past week we had a VP from USAA, executives from both Microsoft and Apple, a VP from Raven Industries, a couple of executives from VM Ware and Rackspace plus others. I sat next to the Keystone project manager from Trans Canada Pipelines out of Houston.

This is a nationally recognized program for executives in leadership positions that I highly recommend.

George Jung
02-18-2012, 11:43 AM
So.... you've got the inside scoop on Keystone, eh? Ask that fella for me, will ya - what the heck are you guys doing?

More seriously, congrats on getting into this program. Looks great.

ccmanuals
02-18-2012, 12:38 PM
I tried to engage him a bit on the controversary and he wouldn't bite. All he basically said was it's not a matter of if but more a case of when.

Oh, and thanks to you (the taxpayer) for providing me this great opportunity. :)

David G
02-18-2012, 01:21 PM
cc,

I did my graduate school at UT. I loved Austin as a town. The climate was an absolute killer for this Oregon Coast boy. The heat & humidity was debilitating... but that won't be an issue for you. I had a horrific experience with politics within a department in turmoil... but it sounds like you found a great program. Knock 'em dead!