PDA

View Full Version : "Last Issue Selected"

Fitz
02-15-2012, 08:11 PM
Huh?

So, like most things I do, I have waited until the last minute to renew my subscription to WoodenBoat. I did, just now, in fact renew. However, I had to check my account status (had to find my account number - which is tricky to do around here in the landfill I call home and because the address sticker goes to the waste to energy facility with the plastic sleeve), but I digress.

So, upon checking my account, it indicates that my "Last Issue Selected" is 3/1/2012. Rather odd way of putting it...selected??? Should I expect March/April 2012 issue 225 in my mailbox, despite my tardiness? I'm assuming I "selected" the March/April issue..

Wouldn't terms like "Last Issue Mailed Was..and that's it" clarify things a bit? Or maybe, "last issue mailed - bonehead, time to pay up again".

Please let me know, because I think March/April has a article on Rangeley Boats, so I am looking forward to it. I might be able to pirate the article using my I-gizmo, but who knows..:arg:)

PS. Actually, reading the article now on my I-thingy. The boat in question is apparently a Arnburg Rangeley. The son of the builder, (Clayton) was a barber in town (he did help his father in the boat shop as a kid too) and he cut my hair when I was a kid. I remember he had a buffalo nickel glued to the floor of the barber shop just for laughs. He also had a small collection of buffalo nickels that he passed on to one of his kid clients - me. I still have it.

Amazing people.

Scot
02-16-2012, 05:03 AM
Fitz:

You will get the March/April issue as your last issue with the "old" subcription. And, THANKS for renewing. You'll not skip a beat (or miss an issue).

-Scot

ps: if you've not used the on-line magazine index, here's a link. It's already updated for the March/April issue: http://www.woodenboat.com/wbmag/idx/

rbgarr
02-16-2012, 06:10 AM
Fitz,

I found that line on my account status page confusing also. I'm guessing it merely has a meaning to the subscription service and not the subscriber. The lines above it which show 'Expire Date' and 'Number of Issues Remaining' are the ones us subscribers need to rely on:

Account #
WWxxxxxx

Name (First & Last):
Dxxxx xxxx

Status
Active

Expire Date
9/1/2013

Number of Issues Remaining

Last Issue Selected
3/1/2012

Initial Start Date
9/1/1998

Current Promotion Code
KE80D0A

Account Type
Paid

Client Cust No

Carl Cramer
02-16-2012, 07:35 AM
Thank you, Fitz and RB.

I have asked our subscription department to make it less confusing. (We just moved to a new -- to us -- service. Please call it "moving pains.") I'm sorry for the confusion.

Carl

Garret
02-16-2012, 08:16 AM
Dave -

Where does one access that info? I'd love to be able to see it as I live in fairly constant confusion as to when my subscription ends. I start getting renewal letters within a month or so of renewing but don't get them when it's almost done. I've missed some issues that way.

Thanks!

rbgarr
02-16-2012, 02:15 PM
Garret-

When I got WB Issue 225 the paper address/renewal info sheet in the plastic bag had my account number on it, as well as the month through which my current subscription runs (9/13).

When you go to the WB online subscription page and check your account status (using your WWxxxxxx.... account number) you'll see that grid I posted with your data.

I wrote myself an e-mail with my account number for my password/account file

Garret
02-16-2012, 10:50 PM
Thanks!