Sports Illustrated cover girl gets noticed dancing at a basketball game last year...

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RodB
    Banned
    • Apr 2003

Sports Illustrated cover girl gets noticed dancing at a basketball game last year...

Kate Upton dancing at a basketball game got filmed... she posted it online... and from there got to the cover of Sports Illustrated... just got announced for the cover last night...

Here is the SI cover...

She's got my vote for the cover...

RodB
    Last edited by RodB; 02-15-2012, 11:01 AM.
  • Gerarddm
    #RESIST
    • Feb 2010

Re: Sports Illustrated cover girl gets noticed dancing at a basketball game last yea

Yes, really airbrushed, eh?

She does nothing for me. Now, Elisa Benitez from a few years back.... O my.
    Gerard>
    Albuquerque, NM

Next election, vote against EVERY Republican, for EVERY office, at EVERY level. Be patriotic, save the country.

Comment

• LeeG
      • May 2002

Re: Sports Illustrated cover girl gets noticed dancing at a basketball game last yea

that's cute

Comment

• Soundbounder
        • Dec 2008

Originally posted by RodB
        http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...ail&FORM=VIRE1

Kate Upton dancing at a basketball game got filmed... she posted it online... and from there got to the cover of Sports Illustrated... just got announced for the cover last night...

She's got my vote for the cover...

RodB
        Not exactly.....
        She's been modeling since 2008 and appeared in numerous ads for Guess Jeans. She also appeared in the SI 2011 Swimsuit Issue.

The video is from April 2011, and while it certainly increased her name recognition with the general public, it can't be credited with the success of her modeling career before this video went viral.

From a CNBC interview in April 2011:

Kate: "I am the face of Guess. I work for numerous bathing suit and lingerie lines, and I have worked with Victoria's Secret. Hopefully, I will be in 2012 Sports Illustrated Swimsuit issue."

http://www.cnbc.com/id/42552715
        Last edited by Soundbounder; 02-15-2012, 03:06 AM.
        http://soundbounder.blogspot.com/

Comment

• purri
          • Sep 2009

Nodoze anyone?
          Xanthorrea

Comment

• skuthorp
            • Jan 2002

EEK!. A great deal of airbrushing indeed. I know, I used to do it for a living.

Comment

• JimD
              Senior Mumbler
              • Feb 2002

If I were 16 I'm sure I'd be drooling. Anyone here 16? Drooling?
              There is no rational, logical, or physical description of how free will could exist. It therefore makes no sense to praise or condemn anyone on the grounds they are a free willed self that made one choice but could have chosen something else. There is no evidence that such a situation is possible in our Universe. Demonstrate otherwise and I will be thrilled.

Comment

• Dan McCosh
                • Mar 2001

Another genius at promotion.

Comment

• RodB
                  Banned
                  • Apr 2003

The story I saw specifically said Kate personally posted the video of herself at the ball game which was a very smart marketing decision... and they said the video was seen by some of the decision makers for Sports Illustrated.

She also won the cover... over 19 other girls.. and the story said because personalilty was also considered in the decision for the cover.

She seemed pretty savy last night on Letterman. I'd say some pretty savy promotion on her part.

She certainly didn't need any airbrushing on the video...

RodB
                  Last edited by RodB; 02-15-2012, 11:06 AM.

Comment

• Keith Wilson
                    Trying to be reasonable
                    • Oct 1999

Way, way too much airbrush work on the cover. The video is cute; she really looks like she's having fun.
                    "For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations,
                    for nature cannot be fooled."

Richard Feynman

Comment

• coelacanth2
                      • Apr 2006

Sku, you were airbrushing SI models? Heckuva job, sir, heckuva job.

I just did yardwork
                      Brute force and ignorance, all in one bulky and unappealing package

Comment

• RodB
                        Banned
                        • Apr 2003

I doubt she needed much retouching from my experience in Photoshop... but magazines tend to airbrush with Photoshop to the nth degree....

Last edited by RodB; 02-16-2012, 05:56 PM.

Comment

Working...