PDA

View Full Version : Looking for Joseph Dobler Plans

Frank Spaulding
09-06-2000, 01:20 PM
I want to build a sailboat, and have fallen for "Nootka Sound" by Joseph Dobler. It's a Stitch and Tape 20' beach cruiser featured in Woodenboat No. 127. I understand that Mr Dobler has since passed away. Therefore I am uncomfortable sending to the address listed in the article. Does anyone know where else I can find these plans?

I have looked at many designs, trying to find a boat that I could Build, wouldn't bankrupt me and would provide reasonable camp type accomodations. (Off-centerboard, porto-pottie somewhat hidden, a little place to stretch out, no cramped little cuddy, looks nice. Any other designs out there that might fit that bill?

I would appreciate the help

Kermit
09-06-2000, 07:44 PM
An archive search revealed the following message:

"Pat Lown
posted 09-29-99 08:45 AM *** **** **

Last I heard Tom Setum, Joe's son in law, was the contact person for Joe's plans: Tom Setum, 22 Glorieta West, Irvine, CA 92620. Info is from 12/97."

You might try that one. Good luck.

Dave Carnell
09-08-2000, 08:13 AM
Setum's e-mail address is:

<tjset@ix.netcom.com

Frank Spaulding
09-08-2000, 08:37 AM
Thank you very much!

Frank Spaulding
10-06-2000, 02:34 PM
SUCCESS !!

I am in touch with Tom and will be receiving plans.

This forum is great!

It will be of great help when I start building.

Thanks again

SailRat
07-17-2017, 02:32 PM
Is there an updated email address for Tom Setum? I just tried the tjset@ix.netcom.com that was listed above - maybe I read it wrong.

tom151
07-17-2017, 06:35 PM
Hello sailrat
I've fairly recently bought a number of Dobler's plans from http://www.duckworksbbs.com/plans.htm

AFAIK, they were originally offered there as a result of agreements between Chuck Leinweber and Tom Setum.
More recently (the past few weeks) they are not listed as for sale any longer - but Chuck Leinweber has told me that they will again be available - but in the FREE plans section.

So, look for FREE PLANS (near the bottom of the plans page0 then look for Dobler plans there.
None are posted yet - be patient, keep checking back once a week. No sense in bothering Cuch for something he's going to provide for free as soon as he can get to it.

Hope that helps.
Tom Henry

Foster Price
07-18-2017, 05:59 AM
I have a set of plans for Nootka Sound that I purchased from Boatworks. I'm not going to use them, got them just to study . . . if you want a set PM me and lets discuss a good deal for both of us.

Cheers
Foster