PDA

View Full Version : When You Die

botebum
02-03-2012, 05:06 PM
Beyond my family, and most especially, my children, I'd like to be remembered for the few things I've said that affected someone, somewhere.
I like the way I put things to others, although they might not.
I'd call it an "enjoyment".
That's my way of saying that I really like pissing you off.
My kids will remember me on separate grounds (NOYFB).
I'm interested in your opinion.

How will you remember me if I die tomorrow? No holds barred.
This place is where my friends are. I know that you'll be honest. The use of asterisks is encouraged but posts such as- ************ ******************** *********** are beyond comprehension. Try to make it intelligible. (yeah, right).

Just to let you all know- I have no intention to commit suicide. This is actually just a narcissistic plea to build my post count.

Doug

seanz
02-03-2012, 05:11 PM
"We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be."

You will be remembered as a unique little snowflake.
;)

botebum
02-03-2012, 05:12 PM
Being a snowflake could be cool. Thanks.

Doug

Joe Dupere
02-03-2012, 05:14 PM
Hallelujah, bye and bye,
You'll fly away...

I'll remember you as a pretty good framer.

Joe, FFPoP

L.W. Baxter
02-03-2012, 05:17 PM
I will think of you as a cautionary tale.

botebum
02-03-2012, 05:18 PM
I'll remember you as a pretty good framer.Wow, that kinda sucks. I was kinda hopin' for something brainy. My bad:rolleyes:

Doug

John of Phoenix
02-03-2012, 05:19 PM
I'll always remember that horrid little avatar of an elloquent imaginary friend with a delightful sense of humor.

botebum
02-03-2012, 05:20 PM
I will think of you as a cautionary tale.OK That could be cool.

Doug

botebum
02-03-2012, 05:22 PM
I'll always remember that horrid little avatar of an elloquent imaginary friend with a delightful sense of humor.Closer to what I was hoping for!

Doug

botebum
02-03-2012, 05:25 PM
The title of the thread was "When You Die.
I'm interested in what you guys have to say when I croak but what would you like said in your own WBF eulogy?

Doug

John of Phoenix
02-03-2012, 05:30 PM
The title of the thread was "When You Die.
Like Warren Buffet said when asked what he'd like to be in his eulogy - "He was so old."

The Bigfella
02-03-2012, 05:34 PM
I'll remember you as the guy full of unrequited manlove

Joe Dupere
02-03-2012, 05:38 PM
Wow, that kinda sucks. I was kinda hopin' for something brainy. My bad:rolleyes:

Doug

Okay, I'll remember you as a pretty good framer with a good application of the bon mot when apropos. A man whose words never fall as flat as he did when he fell off the beam. An artist who can deliver an incisive comment with the same skill as he wields the chisel on a mortise. A veritable da Vinci of the froe, a Rembrandt of the slick, a Gauguin of the gouge, and a Degas of the drawknife.

May you rest in peace.

Joe, FFPoP

botebum
02-03-2012, 05:45 PM
I'll remember you as the guy full of unrequited manloveOK, I'll remember you as the guy full or of unrequited 'tard.

Doug

botebum
02-03-2012, 05:47 PM
Okay, I'll remember you as a pretty good framer with a good application of the bon mot when apropos. A man whose words never fall as flat as he did when he fell off the beam. An artist who can deliver an incisive comment with the same skill as he wields the chisel on a mortise. A veritable da Vinci of the froe, a Rembrandt of the slick, a Gauguin of the gouge, and a Degas of the drawknife.

May you rest in peace.

Joe, FFPoPDude! You rock!
I sincerely hope you find someone that deserves that fine praise!

Doug

bobbys
02-03-2012, 05:49 PM
I Found you short in stature and given to Ill Temper and Drunkenness, Filled with bitterness and Gall that fouls the Souls of those around you. Your Impetuous, Haughty, Violent, Given over to Treachery, Smart but cunning A princely Hypocrite and a Traitor to the South and This band Of Brothers.

And Yet Much like Otis sitting in Andy and Barneys jail we find you a tragic figure yet we forgive your faults.

Even though you got Snotty like Steve Martin in The Jerk when flush with money we also saw a comedic side to you.

Sill like Jack Palance in Shane we have a desire to shoot you down in the street and watch you flop in the mud.

However none of these things apply if you admit the Giants will prevail over the evil empire this Sunday.

Mrleft8
02-03-2012, 05:51 PM
I'll remember you as..........
Huh!..................
Ummmmmmmmmmmmm..........................
So, anyway.......... How bout them Patriots huh?! Gonna be a helluva game on Sunday!

Paul Pless
02-03-2012, 05:58 PM
Being a snowflake could be cool. Thanks.

Doug

fag http://i278.photobucket.com/albums/kk110/fredz859/WoodenBoat/forum/rolleyes.gif http://i278.photobucket.com/albums/kk110/fredz859/WoodenBoat/forum/tongue.gif

C. Ross
02-03-2012, 06:01 PM
fag

lol.

A guy who fishes from his pickup.

Peter Malcolm Jardine
02-03-2012, 06:07 PM
When I die, a few people will remember me for a relatively short period of time. I will be burned into ashes, scattered wherever, and in 50 years no one will remember me at all.

botebum
02-03-2012, 06:08 PM
When I finally do s**t the bed, I intend to have every one of these read out loud (by the authors, if possible).
Anyone, besides me, wanna see bobbys read that out loud, in a public forum? I'd probably die laughing if I wasn't already dead!:d

Doug

botebum
02-03-2012, 06:09 PM
When I die, a few people will remember me for a relatively short period of time. I will be burned into ashes, scattered wherever, and in 50 years no one will remember me at all.F.... Screw that!

Doug

Joe Dupere
02-03-2012, 06:11 PM
Dude! You rock!
I sincerely hope you find someone that deserves that fine praise!

Doug

Heck, I'm going to use it for you. You won't care. You'll be dead!! *

Joe, FFPoP

*May that day be long in coming...

botebum
02-03-2012, 06:12 PM
lol.

A guy who fishes from his pickup.Who?Me?

http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h92/botebum/Fishing/IMG_3207.jpg

Doug

C. Ross
02-03-2012, 06:23 PM
Who?Me?

Doug

Duuuuuuuude. That's a thing of beauty.

David G
02-03-2012, 06:33 PM
OK, guys... help me out. Which one was he, again? (ducking and running now)<G>

botebum
02-03-2012, 06:34 PM
Chris- I think so:D

Doug

seanz
02-03-2012, 06:37 PM
Today, the nation mourns as we bid a fond farewell to President Scooter's beloved father.

Tom Montgomery
02-03-2012, 06:45 PM
When I die I suspect my flesh will eventually degrade into molecules and atoms and finally into the star dust from which it came ("dust to dust").

People like SammyF consider this suspecion to be "gloomy" and "dispairing." I think such people are both silly and fearful.

botebum
02-03-2012, 06:46 PM
Today, the nation mourns as we bid a fond farewell to President Scooter's beloved father.Nailed it!Y>

Doug

Peter Malcolm Jardine
02-03-2012, 07:05 PM
He was a cruel man, but fair.

Peter Malcolm Jardine
02-03-2012, 07:06 PM
When I die I suspect my flesh will eventually degrade into molecules and atoms and finally into the star dust from which it came ("dust to dust").

People like SammyF consider this suspecion to be "gloomy" and "dispairing." I think such people are both silly and fearful.

I think it's more about ego.... We humans have to believe that we are something greater. Combine that with a fear of mortality, and we get religion.

botebum
02-03-2012, 07:13 PM
I think it's more about ego.... We humans have to believe that we are something greater. Dude! Tom thinks he's gonna turn into stardust!
Stardust? Are you friggin fer real?
Here I go walkin' down the street ... Oops, I just died.
Oh, wonder of wonders! I've turned into stardust!
Happy, Happy, Merry Me!
I'm a Stardust creature now!

Tom? Tom? Are you there?

Doug

Tom Montgomery
02-03-2012, 07:19 PM
Yep. Every element in your body originated in the dying super-nova of a star magnitudes larger than the sun.

Or not. People like SammyF say "not."

Dust to dust.... the Bible is not wrong. It simply incorrectly interpreted by some people and institutions.

Peter Malcolm Jardine
02-03-2012, 07:20 PM
Ground control to Major Tom.... Can you hear me Major Tom? Can you hear me Major Tom?

Peter Malcolm Jardine
02-03-2012, 07:21 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=kDWQ8w829tY

McMike
02-03-2012, 07:22 PM
I think it's more about ego.... We humans have to believe that we are something greater. Combine that with a fear of mortality, and we get religion.

There's ego; people who think their poo don't stink and don't give a carp about what people think . . . and then there's ego: people who genuinely do their best for themselves and those around them, maybe all they need is a little recognition once in a while but that kind of manna goes a long way in fueling more good acts.

botebum
02-03-2012, 07:24 PM
Ground control to Major Tom.... Can you hear me Major Tom? Can you hear me Major Tom?Major Tom? This is Stardust. Do you copy?

Doug

L.W. Baxter
02-03-2012, 07:25 PM
Major Tom? This is Snowflake. Do you copy?

ftfy

Peter Malcolm Jardine
02-03-2012, 07:27 PM
Personally, I don't want to use the thought of some immortal reward as some enticement for being a decent person. Frankly, the idea that this is it should be more than enough motivation to be a force for good.

botebum
02-03-2012, 07:28 PM
There's ego; people who think their poo don't stink and don't give a carp about what people think . . . and then there's ego: people who genuinely do their best for themselves and those around them, maybe all they need is a little recognition once in a while but that kind of manna goes a long way in fueling more good acts.McMike! ... Carp and poo and stink?
Dude! We're all friends here! Let's try and ease up a bit.
Would you like to take a ride on Tom's rocket ship? Sing a song and you'll get a free ticket!

Doug

Peter Malcolm Jardine
02-03-2012, 07:30 PM
We're tossing chum out for SpamF. He will be along shortly to reduce your thread to dogma doo doo :D

botebum
02-03-2012, 07:30 PM
Personally, I don't want to use the thought of some immortal reward as some enticement for being a decent person. Frankly, the idea that this is it should be more than enough motivation to be a force for good.If your wife reads that I hope she leaves you ...
tard!

Doug

Tom Montgomery
02-03-2012, 07:31 PM
This is Major Tom to ground control: Kiss my ********.

Hugs and Kisses. :-)

botebum
02-03-2012, 07:32 PM
We're tossing chum out for SpamF. He will be along shortly to reduce your thread to dogma doo doo :DI have a special bait for Sam. I only use "Virgin Chunks"!

Doug

Peter Malcolm Jardine
02-03-2012, 07:34 PM
You're going to where the bad news bears are going...:D

McMike
02-03-2012, 07:35 PM
McMike! ... Carp and poo and stink?
Dude! We're all friends here! Let's try and ease up a bit.
Would you like to take a ride on Tom's rocket ship? Sing a song and you'll get a free ticket!

Doug

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lOQGWnxdHGE

Blues Traveler, Optimistic Thought

Music & lyrics: john popper

When she wakes it seems so shady
She remembers she's a lady
Ah but could it be that maybe
She was having lots of fun
She sees she's wearing leather
In her navel there's a feather
She just has to crack a smile
And close her eyes, her prayer begun

Life I embrace you
I shall honor and disgrace you
Please forgive if I replace you
You see I'm going through some pain
But now I see clearly
And the dawn is coming nearly
And though I'm human and it's early
I swear I'll never forget again

An explorer he went wandering
To satisfy his pondering
Basically meandering
Unsure of what he'd find
Braving any danger
But to his family he's a stranger
And from time to time he turns around
And this runs through his mind
[ Lyrics from: http://www.lyricsfreak.com/b/blues+traveler/optimistic+thought_20020859.html ]
Life I embrace you
But now I see clearly

There's a multitude of story
Some is clean and some is gory
But there is no need to worry
If you're sold or if you're bought
We're just spinning on some granite
That we like to call a planet
And if you need to contemplate
Well here's an optimistic thought

Life I embrace you
But now I see clearly

botebum
02-03-2012, 07:36 PM
If anyone's got a vid-cam I've got a great idea for a spoof commercial for "Virgin Chunks". I've got some great ideas for a bunch of other vids that will get me tossed into jail in more countries than Can'tada. (Can'tada's easy!)

Doug

Tom Montgomery
02-03-2012, 07:39 PM
"Heaven for the climate. Hell for the company."

botebum
02-03-2012, 07:45 PM
"Heaven for the climate. Hell for the company." I was drifting the thread and you totally headed back to the intent of the OP.
Can you please keep up with what's going on?

Doug

Dutch
02-03-2012, 07:47 PM
neighbors of yours dougy? :) this guys almost as dumb as this thread and the participants in it :rolleyes:

1:50

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W9lwh8J33pw&amp;feature=related

buy buy

John Smith
02-03-2012, 07:58 PM
I'd like to think whatever influence I've had on the lives of anyone else was more positive than negative, but as to being remembered, I have no desire. I hope they will all forget me as quickly as possible. Dispose of my remains the cheapest way possible, and get on with their lives.

If they must, have a party, not a wake.

botebum
02-03-2012, 08:05 PM
I'd like to think whatever influence I've had on the lives of anyone else was more positive than negative, but as to being remembered, I have no desire. I hope they will all forget me as quickly as possible. Dispose of my remains the cheapest way possible, and get on with their lives.

If they must, have a party, not a wake.Consider yourself forgotten.

That sucks, doesn't it? That's really not what you want. Me either.

Doug

Shang
02-03-2012, 08:20 PM
Whoo...!
Jest a damned moment here...

"...How will you remember me if I die tomorrow? No holds barred..."

Weren't you the guy who was taking that parking space where I was pulling in the other day?
No...?
Well, neck... then you can pull up here next to me.
Ain't none of us gonna to spill up parking places beyond our own.
So don't worry about it, okay?

Shang
02-03-2012, 08:23 PM
double post

Joe Dupere
02-03-2012, 08:26 PM
neighbors of yours dougy? :) this guys almost as dumb as this thread and the participants in it :rolleyes:

buy buy

Well Dutcheroonie, by posting to this thread, I reckon you're considering yourself a regular dummy!! :D

Joe, FFPoP

botebum
02-03-2012, 08:34 PM
At least when I post troll threads I don't pretend it's anything but an opportunity for guys to get together and have a few laughs.
Thanks for playing, Dutch.

Doug

Hollingsworth
02-03-2012, 09:09 PM
I'll remember you as just another teenage girl posing as an adult male on the Internet.

skipper68
02-03-2012, 09:10 PM
He was funny, and extremely clean. He carried an outhouse in his boat. He took it with him to OZ. :D

Joe Dupere
02-03-2012, 09:20 PM
Doug, ah Doug. A bum who couldn't spell 'boat', or maybe it was 'vote'. Probably both.

Joe, FFPoP

Dave Wright
02-03-2012, 09:20 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kn9hi9fAwUQ

botebum
02-03-2012, 09:38 PM
I'll remember you as just another teenage girl posing as an adult male on the Internet.How'd I miss this? Nice post!

He was funny, and extremely clean. He carried an outhouse in his boat. He took it with him to OZ. :DShaddup, wench! (I can't find that damn picture or I'd put it up for you.)

Doug

Durnik
02-03-2012, 10:11 PM
http://forum.woodenboat.com/images/misc/quote_icon.png Originally Posted by C. Ross http://forum.woodenboat.com/images/buttons/viewpost-right.png (http://forum.woodenboat.com/showthread.php?p=3293474#post3293474)

lol.

A guy who fishes from his pickup.

Who?Me?

Doug

That's twice & I'm laughing so hard I can barely see thru the tears!

but you made Scooter fold up her chair _before_ she took your pic? You _are_ a horrid little man! however, the extra cab 4x4 Ford is worth a few points.. if it's a stick.. ;-)

enjoy
bobby

botebum
02-03-2012, 10:17 PM
if it's a stick.. No stick. Pushing 290k and the only major was a new trans around 260 or 270.
Wish I could find that pic for skipper! Can't locate it:(

Doug

Durnik
02-03-2012, 10:36 PM
No stick. Pushing 290k and the only major was a new trans around 260 or 270.
Wish I could find that pic for skipper! Can't locate it:(

Doug

Ah, well.. can't have everything.. but looks like another 200k coming.. 300-6 or 351? Surely you're not unlucky enough to have the 400 or a big block!

& sure do wish you could find that pic!

enjoy
bobby

botebum
02-03-2012, 10:42 PM
I actually managed to change out the heater core all by my self last week. I'm a total loser when it comes to mechanikin (someone's gonna have a lot of fun snippin that last remark, wonder who?). It was pretty easy, looking back on it. At the time it was a major PITA.

Doug

Durnik
02-03-2012, 10:45 PM
I actually managed to change out the heater core all by my self last week. I'm a total loser when it comes to mechanikin (someone's gonna have a lot of fun snippin that last remark, wonder who?). It was pretty easy, looking back on it. At the time it was a major PITA.

Doug

302.. nice motor.. what year is that truck? and heater cores are.. fun.. tight against the wheel well _and_ the firewall.. not my choice of a fun project - but when the weather's cold, ya got incentive!

enjoy
bobby

dld
02-03-2012, 10:47 PM
How will you remember me if I die tomorrow? No holds barred.

Doug

who says you would be remembered at all

sorry the devil made me do it : )

botebum
02-03-2012, 10:52 PM
who says you would be remembered at all

sorry the devil made me do it : )I have no idea who you are but I applaud your response!
Well done sir!

Doug

botebum
02-03-2012, 10:55 PM
Could you tell us a bit about yourself? 89 posts since '02? You are a quiet one, aren't you?

Well, introduce yourself or not, welcome! And thanks for jumping in!

Doug

Peter Malcolm Jardine
02-03-2012, 10:56 PM
No need for introductions....;)

botebum
02-03-2012, 10:59 PM
302.. nice motor.. what year is that truck? and heater cores are.. fun.. tight against the wheel well _and_ the firewall.. not my choice of a fun project - but when the weather's cold, ya got incentive!

enjoy
bobby'93 truck
Heater core was as easy as changing an alternator. Maybe easier except it's the first one I've ever done. Pull the glove box, move some stuff out of the way and badda-bing! (OK- it totally sucked and I hated getting grease under my nails but I did it).

Doug

botebum
02-03-2012, 11:00 PM
No need for introductions....;)Nah. Not acidic enough.

Doug

Garret
02-03-2012, 11:11 PM
I'm gonna miss that wisea$$ SOB.

Where's the beer?

botebum
02-03-2012, 11:14 PM
Where's the beer?One left and ... well sorry ... you can have all my beer ... except the last one.

Doug

ChaseKenyon
02-03-2012, 11:14 PM
Doug, we may not agree on politics, or many things, but that is OK. I told you before we have 3 unused bedrooms and you are always welcome. Here all dinner and after and other times discussions are just that, a sharing of ideas and knowledge never a debate that has to be won. I think on that note you'd fit in fine...I still have a couple to finish rebuilding to better than new but you'd have the use of a fully equipped wood and solid surface counter, cabinet shop. 2 scroll saws lathe, $1k + solid counter cove back splash router, and four other routers , sanders and 11 inch random orbit sander and several table saws, band saw and so on. Fairly complete auto shop with tools, compressor,brake stuff, body shop equipment. OBD II scaner recorder and graphing unit, tubing double flare tools and jacks and even welding equipment. There is not much one can not build here on these premises. So don't wait till it's on your bucket list, give us a call and come on up for spring break for a week or so. (spring and garden planting are not here usually till memorial day but we have nice warm days but cold nights from April 1st. )

Chase

PS

Always four star restaurant level food, you'll eat well, and usually some home made Scottish Imperial Ale (12 %) and some double IPA (about 8.2%). Have single malt and Scotch glasses and Scotch rocks if you need them. DiluTing good single malt with water or ice OR ANYTHING ELSE, IS NOT ALLOWED ON THE PREMISES IN HONOR OF MY LATE FATHER.

From down there in tide land you bring me the fresh, salty NC or Virgina Beach or DelMarVa hard shell crabs and I'll make stuffed artichokes with garlic creme sherry sauce for you. Goes real good with my special grilled asparagus and slivered almonds with a light Romano touch of honey glaze, or even with same artichoke sauce.

Durnik
02-03-2012, 11:16 PM
'93 truck
Heater core was as easy as changing an alternator. Maybe easier except it's the first one I've ever done. Pull the glove box, move some stuff out of the way and badda-bing! (OK- it totally sucked and I hated getting grease under my nails but I did it).

Doug

I've done way more than a few alternators & a similar number of heater cores.. Best I remember is alternators don't have any leaking fluids to deal with. 1..3 wires & 2..3 bolts. Everything 'right out in front' (can you tell I only work on older vehicles? ;-)).. Dina get much easier!

Didn't realize they were still doing the 302 in '93'. A quick check on Wiki shows they went thru '96'.. Cool.

enjoy
bobby

Garret
02-03-2012, 11:17 PM
One left and ... well sorry ... you can have all my beer ... except the last one.

Doug

A dead guy's gonna stop me? Or just haunt me for the rest of my days if I do?

botebum
02-03-2012, 11:21 PM
Sorry Chase, I got about a third of the way down on your post and my eyes started to blur.

Can I make a suggestion about paragraphing and breaks? ....

Use paragraphing and breaks.

I'd probably read a lot more of your stuff if you'd follow that one simple suggestion.
Sorry for being brutally honest. I'm a bit "uninhibited" tonight;)

Doug

Durnik
02-03-2012, 11:22 PM
Doug, we may not agree on politics, or many things, but that is OK. I told you before we have 3 unused bedrooms and you are always welcome. Here all dinner and after and other times discussions are just that, a sharing of ideas and knowledge never a debate that has to be won. I think on that note you'd fit in fine...I still have a couple to finish rebuilding to better than new but you'd have the use of a fully equipped wood and solid surface counter, cabinet shop. 2 scroll saws lathe, $1k + solid counter cove back splash router, and four other routers , sanders and 11 inch random orbit sander and several table saws, band saw and so on. Fairly complete auto shop with tools, compressor,brake stuff, body shop equipment. OBD II scaner recorder and graphing unit, tubing double flare tools and jacks and even welding equipment. There is not much one can not build here on these premises. So don't wait till it's on your bucket list, give us a call and come on up for spring break for a week or so. (spring and garden planting are not here usually till memorial day but we have nice warm days but cold nights from April 1st. )

Chase.

I am soo envious! As a traveling man, my tool collection is far short of that list! Tho I can rebuild an engine (better than 'not running'.. ;-)) out of the back of my pickup.. & the shop table & band saws (ok, big compressor, either ;-)) are all I can't carry with me.. Damn, and they are so versatile! ;-)

enjoy
bobby

botebum
02-03-2012, 11:23 PM
You guys need to start at the beginning of the thread.
No one is killing themselves (that I know of).

Doug

Garret
02-03-2012, 11:32 PM
I'm a bit "uninhibited" tonight;)

Doug

Is that code for "got a buzz on"? :p

botebum
02-03-2012, 11:39 PM
Is that code for "got a buzz on"? :pThat's code for "I'm still under the radar, right?"

Doug

ChaseKenyon
02-03-2012, 11:40 PM
Sorry Chase, I got about a third of the way down on your post and my eyes started to blur.

Can I make a suggestion about paragraphing and breaks? ....

Use paragraphing and breaks.

I'd probably read a lot more of your stuff if you'd follow that one simple suggestion.
Sorry for being brutally honest. I'm a bit "uninhibited" tonight;)

Doug

Doug, we may not agree on politics, or many things, but that is OK. I told you before we have 3 unused bedrooms and you are always welcome.

Here all dinner and after and other times discussions are just that, a sharing of ideas and knowledge never a debate that has to be won. I think on that note you'd fit in fine.

Fully equipped barn and counter/cabinet shop, and violin and guitar shop..I still have a couple stationary tools to finish rebuilding to better than new.

You'd have the use of a fully equipped wood and solid surface counter, cabinet shop. 2 scroll saws lathe, $1k + solid counter cove back splash router, and four other routers , sanders and 11 inch random orbit sander and several table saws, band saw and so on.

Fairly complete auto shop with tools, compressor,brake stuff, body shop equipment. OBD II scaner recorder and graphing unit, tubing double flare tools and jacks and even welding equipment.

There is not much one can not build here on these premises.

So don't wait till it's on your bucket list, give us a call and come on up for spring break for a week or so. (spring and garden planting are not here usually till memorial day but we have nice warm days but cold nights from April 1st. )

Chase.

ChaseKenyon
02-03-2012, 11:42 PM
Doug,

PS

Always four star restaurant level food, you'll eat well, and usually some home made Scottish Imperial Ale (12 %) and some double IPA (about 8.2%). Y>Y>

Have single malt and Scotch glasses and Scotch rocks if you need them. Diluting good single malt with water or ice OR ANYTHING ELSE, IS NOT ALLOWED ON THE PREMISES IN HONOR OF MY LATE FATHER.:eek:

From down there in tide land you bring me the fresh, salty NC or Virgina Beach or DelMarVa hard shell crabs and I'll make stuffed artichokes with garlic creme sherry sauce for you.

Goes real good with my special grilled asparagus and slivered almonds with a light Romano touch of honey glaze, or even with same artichoke sauce.:d:d:d

botebum
02-04-2012, 12:07 AM
I made it through two of Chase's posts in a row and read every word. If my reading comprehension hasn't failed me, I may be visiting a friend in New Hampshire!

In all seriousness- It sounds really good, Chase, and I will definitely make an effort to visit. Your offer comes from the heart. From my heart, I thank you.
Very Nice!

Doug

P.I. Stazzer-Newt
02-04-2012, 08:13 AM
Hey everybody,
Let's have some fun
You only live but once
And when you're dead you're done
So let the good times roll,
I said let the good times roll,
I don't care if you're young or old,
You oughtta get together and let the good times roll
Don't sit there mumbling
Talkin' trash
If you want to have a ball,
You got to go out and spend some cash
And let the good times roll now,
I'm talkin' 'bout the good times,
Well it makes no difference whether you're young or old,
All you got to do is get together and let the good times roll

Paul Pless
02-04-2012, 08:49 AM
doug is like the happy excited dog that gets teased to chase a ball.....tongue lolling out the side of the mouth, running around in cirlces yapping and barking...tail wagging furiously all over the place....you have to be real careful about not getting him too worked up and excited otherwise he might...fart...!

R.I.P.

Syed
02-04-2012, 09:47 AM
A very outspoken, honest and caring Horrid Little Man.

Bob Adams
02-04-2012, 10:39 AM
http://forum.woodenboat.com/images/misc/quote_icon.png Originally Posted by Bernadette http://forum.woodenboat.com/images/buttons/viewpost-right.png (http://forum.woodenboat.com/showthread.php?p=3294058#post3294058)
doug is like the happy excited dog that gets teased to chase a ball.....tongue lolling out the side of the mouth, running around in cirlces yapping and barking...tail wagging furiously all over the place....you have to be real careful about not getting him too worked up and excited otherwise he might...fart...!

Or hump your leg:D

Garret
02-04-2012, 11:57 AM
http://forum.woodenboat.com/images/misc/quote_icon.png Originally Posted by Bernadette http://forum.woodenboat.com/images/buttons/viewpost-right.png (http://forum.woodenboat.com/showthread.php?p=3294058#post3294058)

Or hump your leg:D

As in "I'd hit it"? :p

Shang
02-04-2012, 12:04 PM
“Who would have thought that a rich guy that old would be shot clean by a rightly jealous husband as he vaulted an eight-foot backyard fence!”

switters
02-04-2012, 12:53 PM
President Scooters....and his brother made the best fly rods.