X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • skipper68
    Banned
    • May 2010

How no Heath Ins works.

We are lucky. The Capt.s a Veteran, and the VA is great- till 2 months ago. No scripts, good DR. tho. Me, I shot my finger half off.(Cuda sued-Na.)Went in, took my rings off. Put it back together with our F.A.K. Went back out. Tackled by 3 nurses. Demanding to get to the hospital. Had to wrap it back up. Again. I had a tetnus shot donated. Was broke again 2 times, from kids.3 months to heal, then BAM. Back to caring for it. Then-9 months later, I trained it to move. NOW my ankle..1 month. Like looking to our forfathers.You are on your own. Or Deadliest Catch- sew it up. My husband pulling his bad teeth out,with pliers This is how no insurance costs.... saving for teeth. He's the one they covered for life. Took it all away. Me, I make a great Chicken Soup. This country has children dying from no dentist. Shame on that. Tripled the SS crowd's scripts $$. Jumping off my whine wagon now. Anyone else just fix it? Get on?
  • Mrleft8
    Banned
    • Feb 2000

Re: How no Heath Ins works.

Huh?

Comment

• Dutch
      Banned
      • Nov 2000

maybe you could trade in the booze on some sort of low cost health care plan?

Comment

• Flying Orca
        Ruth, feck, and gorm
        • Jan 2007

Originally posted by Dutch
        Tactful to the end, eh, Dutch?

Given the post time, I hope the content is more reflective of a lack of caffiene...

What are you doing about it?

Comment

• David W Pratt
          • May 2005

So that is why they are called "the finger lakes."

Comment

• Chip-skiff
            Wolves Without Borders
            • Jan 2008

Not only tactful, but also compassionate.

Comment

• bobbys
              • Jun 2009

Originally posted by Mrleft8
              Huh?

She had me at a great chicken soup!

Comment

• skipper68
                Banned
                • May 2010

It's about always having to repair your own injury's- toughing it out, instead of going to the hospital or doctors office. Sadly, Chicken soup don't fix everything. Now I'm repairing a ankle I thought was sprained. ( Pretty sure some bones are broke in there now.)I cant get out in the cold, as my shoes don't fit with the store bought brace. Wondering how many here fix their injury's, without the $400.00 to see the Dr. Or how about the $2000.00 to hit the emergency room. I'm still paying for 2 days in the hospital 5 years ago. That was from a bad reaction in my heart, from a new script. I have a noticeable heart murmur from an infected tooth the dentist wouldn't touch without $500.00 cash. And DUTCH- You Pay the $200.00 a month for basic hospitalization they want for me,(After the large deductible) and the $175.00 a month with $50.00 deductible for Dr. visits, not including tests MRI's and Ex rays. We did save up for dental work. It took years. Seniors are going in to fill their scripts, and NYS on January 1st took away EPIC-so the $40.00 for one script jumped to $90.00. Add some using 6 or 8 scripts. They cant pay for them. ER's are filling up with the seniors not using the medications they need. That's what my ranting/WHINE was about.

Comment

• skipper68
                  Banned
                  • May 2010

It's about always having to repair your own injury's- toughing it out, instead of going to the hospital or doctors office. Sadly, Chicken soup don't fix everything. Now I'm repairing a ankle I thought was sprained. ( Pretty sure some bones are broke in there now.)I cant get out in the cold, as my shoes don't fit with the store bought brace. Wondering how many here fix their injury's, without the $400.00 to see the Dr. Or how about the $2000.00 to hit the emergency room. I'm still paying for 2 days in the hospital 5 years ago. That was from a bad reaction in my heart, from a new script. I have a noticeable heart murmur from an infected tooth the dentist wouldn't touch without $500.00 cash. And DUTCH- You Pay the $200.00 a month for basic hospitalization they want for me,(After the large deductible) and the $175.00 a month with $50.00 deductible for Dr. visits, not including tests MRI's and Ex rays. We did save up for dental work. It took years. Seniors are going in to fill their scripts, and NYS on January 1st took away EPIC-so the $40.00 for one script jumped to $90.00. Add some using 6 or 8 scripts. They cant pay for them. ER's are filling up with the seniors not using the medications they need. That's what my ranting/WHINE was about.
                  Tequila IS my health care plan!

Comment

• Dutch
                    Banned
                    • Nov 2000

Tequila IS my health care plan!
                    its all about choices shipmate. you made yours and that is fine. Im all about freedom. so now, please dont force me at the point of the governments weapons to subsidize yours.

Comment

• skipper68
                      Banned
                      • May 2010

Choices? A $30.00 bottle of Tequila will cover my health care? Sign me up. I see no choice, in being incapable of affording insurance in NY. I don't live off the public taxpayers, getting medicaid. It's all about the big insurance company's- INCLUDING NON PROFIT BC/BS ,while they hold billions in -NOT PROFIT$$_ sitting, gathering interest. All the while the CEO's earn hundreds of thousands a year. Every injury I have had to repair myself, could have been a lawsuit. I don't believe in suing though. Until I'm eligible for medicare,that I paid into, I'm S**T out of luck, as are hundreds of thousands of other people in this country.
                      please dont force me at the point of the governments weapons to subsidize yours.
                      All health care could be made affordable, with just the cost of wars the government makes you AND me pay for. I'm lucky, I wont lose my home, by being stupid enough to think my company's policy will cover me. Many made that mistake, while smugly looking at the uninsured or under insured. Then lost their homes to foreclosure from medical bills.
                      Bankruptcy_in_the_United_States
                      Although the individual causes of bankruptcy are complex and multifaceted, the majority of personal bankruptcies involve substantial medical bills. Personal ... View article on Wikipedia ยป
                      Most of these people were insured. Injured or sick, they lost the insurance they paid into. Then the spiral starts, and they are on the other side of the fence.

Comment

Working...