PDA

View Full Version : Large crowds rally for Ron Paul in Gorham

Chris Coose
01-28-2012, 03:36 PM
And I was on I-295 for a brief stretch and saw a white panel truck with Ron Paul banners all over it.
And I've been wondering where Tdurden has been.
After this rally weekend in Maine I think we are about to get hit with a liberty avalanche.

RonW
01-28-2012, 04:17 PM
Well here is your chance coose to attend a ron paul rally and learn what liberty, freedom and the constitution is all about..

oh if you go do say hi to tyler, as I am sure he is there........

Chris Coose
01-28-2012, 06:06 PM
I'm thinking that was his koolaid van I saw on the highway.

Garret
01-28-2012, 06:12 PM
Why can't politicians be like old Chinese restaurants - you know - the ones where you could bet this from column A & that from column B?

I'd certainly grab Pauls' anti-war stance, but I'd want it seasoned with a lot from other folks....

Rich Jones
01-28-2012, 07:17 PM
I just spent two days skiing with a liberatian friend of mine. On countless rides up the lift, I was battered with Ron Paul this, Ron Paul that. He's sent this candidate hundreds of dollars. For what? Paul's got zero chance of winning and his ideas are too radical for anyone to take seriously. Come election day, my friend will once again throw his vote away by writing in Ron Paul's name. Then spend the next four years ranting about whoever's in the White House.

Mrleft8
01-28-2012, 09:09 PM
I don't believe there are any millionaires....Billionaires.... Whatever they are.... That need any of my money.
And ya know who makes all this money by putting out the political ads?..... Not the candidate.... different millionaires.... The millionaire who owns the ad agency. And the millionaires that run the TV stations..... I guess the camera guy makes a few bucks, and the production crew..... But basically all this money is just going to fatten some pig's wallet.
Political campaigns should be limited to a flat amount so that the playing field is equalized. No spending your own money. No private funding of outside ads. Every candidate gets X amount to spend on travel, and X amount of air time all funded with tax dollars. Everyone gets X amount of print space. Spend it where you want, but once it's gone, it's gone.
(sorry.... Rant over....)

Peter Malcolm Jardine
01-28-2012, 09:13 PM
I'm not sure I understand how someone that does not vote has a lot of interest in a political candidate. I'm sure there are many non voting wagon hoppers out there however.

Cuyahoga Chuck
01-28-2012, 09:33 PM
Well here is your chance coose to attend a ron paul rally and learn what liberty, freedom and the constitution is all about..

oh if you go do say hi to tyler, as I am sure he is there........

I've seen that show on the TV. It's all about this old man who keeps larding his comments with the words, "liberty", freedom", and "the constitution doesn't say that". I think he is a smart old man 'cause he never gets any more specific than that. At least his listeners suck it up cause they cheer a lot like they found Jesus, or something.

purri
01-28-2012, 09:48 PM
I just spent two days skiing with a liberatian friend of mine. On countless rides up the lift, I was battered with Ron Paul this, Ron Paul that. .

"Liberatian" sounds about right to me...

Rich Jones
01-28-2012, 10:25 PM
"Liberatian" sounds about right to me...

Never could spell that damn word right....

Gerarddm
01-28-2012, 11:32 PM
LL Bean's granddaughter just endorsed Ron Paul, FWIW. That should be good for some Maine votes, ehyup.

elf
01-28-2012, 11:35 PM
The Beans are big into lumbering and paper. Have donated to the most regressive of Republicans for many years.

Chris Coose
01-28-2012, 11:38 PM
Tell me Ron, what makes you so special? What makes you think others are unable to experience true liberty and freedom without the aid of some political ideology yanking them around?

Garret
01-28-2012, 11:38 PM
Plus she hasn't made a ton of friends in (I think) Port Clyde....

Chris Coose
01-28-2012, 11:41 PM
The Beans are big into lumbering and paper. Have donated to the most regressive of Republicans for many years.

That would probably be Linda. She makes Ron W seem quite moderate.

purri
01-29-2012, 12:33 AM
Never could spell that damn word right....
So it's a Freudian slip then...

Willin'
01-29-2012, 07:49 AM
That would probably be Linda. She makes Ron W seem quite moderate.

Actually she makes Ron Paul seem moderate.

Try looking up her opinion of Canadian politics sometime, it's as if Canada were Karl Marx's vacation hideaway.

Mrleft8
01-29-2012, 10:21 AM
I'm just guessing here, but..... The "L.L. Beans" aren't from Egypt, Maine, are they?

Blowtorch
01-29-2012, 02:01 PM
There are like three dozen people there. QUite a turnout!

Tylerdurden
01-29-2012, 04:13 PM
Nervous is a good state for the torries to be in. I like it. :)

Mad Scientist
01-29-2012, 04:50 PM
...it's as if Canada were Karl Marx's vacation hideaway.

No, but Leon Trotsky spent a few days in Halifax during WWI. He probably didn't enjoy it much, because he was being 'detained' while the Brits decided whether or not to send him to Russia.

Tom