PDA

View Full Version : Gingrich won the women and Independent vote in SC.

genglandoh
01-23-2012, 01:33 PM
I thought the experts said Gingrich could not win these voters.

Gingrich looks good in these two groups that Obama needs to get re-elected.

Women Vote
Gingrich 38%
Romney 29%
Santorum 20%
Paul 12%

Independent Vote
Gingrich 31%
Romney 25%
Paul 23%
Santorum 17%
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/elections/2012/south-carolina-primary-jan-21/exit-polls

LeeG
01-23-2012, 02:10 PM
where's the question!

Captain Intrepid
01-23-2012, 02:25 PM
He won the women/independent vote within the Republican party. That's not going to necessarily translate into regular voters.

LeeG
01-23-2012, 02:34 PM
oh sure, American women are all behind a philanderer who wants to outlaw abortion, it's a winning platform!

Canoeyawl
01-23-2012, 02:38 PM
He won the women/independent vote within the Republican party. That's not going to necessarily translate into regular voters.
And, he only won that vote from the republicans that voted in this primary. Most people don't even waste their time with a primary, it's a sham at best.

His baggage is big...

wardd
01-23-2012, 02:48 PM
And, he only won that vote from the republicans that voted in this primary. Most people don't even waste their time with a primary, it's a sham at best.

His baggage is big...

it's a mandate

genglandoh
01-23-2012, 02:54 PM
oh sure, American women are all behind a philanderer who wants to outlaw abortion, it's a winning platform!

That is what the experts said about the Women in SC but they were wrong.

Nicholas Scheuer
01-23-2012, 03:07 PM
Id say Illinois women are nothing like S Carolina women. Just ask my wife about Gingrich.

Mrleft8
01-23-2012, 03:32 PM
Consider the source.... Let us never forget that just because they are women, or independents, they are still Palmetto Staters.... They hold an "Okra Stomp" in Irmo every year, for christ's sake!.... Do you really think that's representative of women and or independents anywhere else (Aside from Mississippi, Georgia, Alabama.....)?

genglandoh
01-23-2012, 04:05 PM
Consider the source.... Let us never forget that just because they are women, or independents, they are still Palmetto Staters.... They hold an "Okra Stomp" in Irmo every year, for christ's sake!.... Do you really think that's representative of women and or independents anywhere else (Aside from Mississippi, Georgia, Alabama.....)?

I do not think insulting the women and independents of SC is the way to win an election.

I think this shows the main issue for SC was the economy and personal issues where overlooked.

Mrleft8
01-23-2012, 04:15 PM
Other than insulting their intelligence, how did Gingrich insult the women, and independents of SC?
Or are you saying that his implications that the economy will get better in SC if he's elected isn't an insult to their intelligence?

genglandoh
01-23-2012, 04:25 PM
Other than insulting their intelligence, how did Gingrich insult the women, and independents of SC?
Or are you saying that his implications that the economy will get better in SC if he's elected isn't an insult to their intelligence?

Gingrich treated the voters of SC with respect by stating clearly his position and he was rewarded with their votes.

You on the other hand decided to explain away his win by insulting the voters of SC.
I thought the Democratic Party was a big tent but I guess that does not include SC, MS, GA and AL.

LeeG
01-23-2012, 04:27 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Newt_Gingrich#Political_positions

In 2007, Gingrich authored a book, Rediscovering God in America, arguing that the Founding Fathers actively intended the new republic to not only allow, but encourage, religious expression in the public square. Following publication of the book, he was invited by Jerry Falwell to be the speaker for the second time at Liberty University's graduation, on May 19, 2007, due to Gingrich having, "dedicated much of his time to calling America back to our Christian heritage".[135]

Mrleft8
01-23-2012, 04:35 PM
I wouldn't know about the democratic party tent. I'm not a democrat.
Gingrich is a hypocritical glad hander, who'll say whatever needs to be said to any given audience in order to gain their vote.
He has cheated on his wives repeatedly, has switched his religious affiliation when politically expedient, and was run out of office in disgrace in the wake of ethics violations. Is this the sort of man that the republican women, and independent voters in SC really want, or is he the one they think can beat Obama?

genglandoh
01-23-2012, 05:11 PM
I wouldn't know about the democratic party tent. I'm not a democrat.
Gingrich is a hypocritical glad hander, who'll say whatever needs to be said to any given audience in order to gain their vote.
He has cheated on his wives repeatedly, has switched his religious affiliation when politically expedient, and was run out of office in disgrace in the wake of ethics violations. Is this the sort of man that the republican women, and independent voters in SC really want, or is he the one they think can beat Obama?

Yes they wanted Gingrich all you have to do is count the vote.

Mrleft8
01-23-2012, 06:26 PM
If Chris Christie, or Jeb Bush were on the ballot, would Gingrich have won?

wardd
01-23-2012, 06:29 PM
If Chris Christie, or Jeb Bush were on the ballot, would Gingrich have won?

who cares, i'm glad he won

botebum
01-23-2012, 07:58 PM
It's pretty common knowledge that the broa ... er ... women in SC are kinda easy.
Whenever I need to "empty my ballot box" I head for Myrtle Beach:D

Doug

Dan McCosh
01-23-2012, 08:33 PM
oh sure, American women are all behind a philanderer who wants to outlaw abortion, it's a winning platform! If women don't like you, it's kind of tough to be a philanderer.

Gerarddm
01-23-2012, 08:36 PM
O, b-a-l-o-n-e-y. Gingrich did not treat SC voters with respect. He pandered to their regressive natures, and since they are by and large a regressive electorate, he got their votes. No big deal. If it was, he would have killed in Iowa and New Hampshire.

wardd
01-23-2012, 08:40 PM
it's a case of a bunch of angry folks that want an angry candidate