01-19-2012, 09:51 AM
Snot 'is toe, it's 'is heal.

How's yer eyeball this morning?

Mrleft8
01-19-2012, 09:53 AM
'is 'eel?

Paul Pless
01-19-2012, 10:14 AM
So when I stubbed my toe, which was a beauty of a stubbing mind you - so bad that a few days later the entire end of my big toe including toe nail just fell off. . .

So when I stubbed my toe the pain caused me to walk funny for a few days, which ended up with me breaking off the tip of a bone spur in my heal which apparently, according to the doctor at least, I've had for years. So that little broken piece of bone spur then led to plantars fascitis, which is a real son of bitch mind you.

This was of course diagnosed the afternoon that I did the demolition on the bathroom. That diagnosis was accompanied with the admonition to stay off my feet for four to six weeks. I also get cortisone shots into the bottom of my foot once a week and I have this ****** up brace that I'm supposed to wear at night.

Tylerdurden
01-19-2012, 10:21 AM
No hiking for you!

Mrleft8
01-19-2012, 10:27 AM
The end of your toe fell off?...... And the Dr. told you to stay off your feet for a month? Did your Dr. by any chance also mention, just in passing, that you might have diabetes?

John of Phoenix
01-19-2012, 10:31 AM
You left out the "running naked through the house" part. That was my favorite.

Paul Pless
01-19-2012, 10:32 AM
The end of your toe fell off?...... From the injury when I stubbed it. Not just the toe but the entire toenail. I think I have it around here somewhere, which you like to see a picture of it???:d

Paul Pless
01-19-2012, 10:33 AM
You left out the "running naked through the house" part. That was my favorite.

Yup, this all happened while running through the house naked. Woohoo!

Jim Mahan
01-19-2012, 10:34 AM
...and I have this ****** up brace that I'm supposed to wear at night

keeps you from snoring

Tylerdurden
01-19-2012, 10:41 AM
I was lucky I crushed my toes when I was fifteen. Motor fell off the tail gate. Had to wear stupid shoes for a couple of months and it hurt like hell on the rudder pedals in a crosswind. I had to lie my arse off to get in the military after as its an auto disqualify. I feel for you man.

Paul Pless
01-19-2012, 10:45 AM
Thanks for the commiserations, but if this heals up in a few weeks I have very little to complain about really.

LeeG
01-19-2012, 10:45 AM
damn, we have a new Lucille Ball. Plantar fascitis is awful. I had it for 6months as it went from one foot to another then disappeared.

Paul Pless
01-19-2012, 10:48 AM
Plantar fascitis is awful. Maybe Steven Bauer could be encouraged to post his cortisone shots anecdote.:D

Phillip Allen
01-19-2012, 11:56 AM
Paul gets no respect :)

switters
01-19-2012, 12:02 PM
well that sucks, get well soon, those bathrooms don't remodel themselves.

Phillip Allen
01-19-2012, 12:06 PM
I guess he'll have to re learn how to toe the line

Paul Pless
01-19-2012, 12:10 PM
Paul gets no respect :)

those bathrooms don't remodel themselves.

Katherine has been threatening to take over the renovation. . .

Katherine
01-19-2012, 12:57 PM
I just want MY bathroom back. If I have to do plumbing and hang drywall myself I will!, lol

Paul Pless
01-19-2012, 01:09 PM
Actually the biggest issue with my foot with regards to the bathroom is that its given us too much time to contemplate taking out the wall between the bathroom and laundry room and thus expanding the small bath. . .

David G
01-19-2012, 01:15 PM
Uhhhhh.... that can be a double-edged sword, Kat.... a blow to hubby's pride can lead to.... emasculation? :):)

Naaaahhh... Paul is, I'm sure, secure enough that no such minor setback will effect his virilitudes. You go, Katherine! I remember when we lived in New Hampshire, and I injured myself one time. My wife took over all the shoveling duties - with a 2 month-old baby in a backpack! Maybe a 40' driveway + the sidewalks. Didn't hurt her. Didn't hurt me. Didn't hurt the relationship. She impressed herself - and me. She enjoyed it so much that the following winter I asked if I should fake an injury so she'd get to enjoy the experience all over again. She declined. But she hesitated <G>

P.I. Stazzer-Newt
01-19-2012, 01:49 PM
Actually the biggest issue with my foot with regards to the bathroom is that its given us too much time to contemplate taking out the wall between the bathroom and laundry room and thus expanding the small bath. . .

There's something to be said for having the washing machine real close to the source of dirty clothing.

Mrleft8
01-19-2012, 02:09 PM
Taking the Sara Cynthia Sylvia Stout school of house cleaning to a whole new level, Paul Peter Pillsbury Plessner decided that instead of cleaning the bathroom, he would merely throw it out, and start over..... :D

Paul Pless
01-19-2012, 02:14 PM
Taking the Sara Cynthia Sylvia Stout school of house cleaning to a whole new level, Paul Peter Pillsbury Plessner decided that instead of cleaning the bathroom, he would merely throw it out, and start over..... :DYou may remember canoeyawl's suggestion to me long ago to plumb an airline from the compressor in the shop to the house for dusting purposes. Brilliant!

Jim Ledger
01-19-2012, 02:22 PM
It'll take care of any inflating needs as well, should the need arise.

J P
01-19-2012, 02:42 PM
What, no wheelchair access yet? ;)

seanz
01-19-2012, 04:06 PM
There's something to be said for having the washing machine real close to the source of dirty clothing.

Wow. Hey look at this, somebody on the internet says it's OK to combine the bathroom and the laundry room.......so, can we do it too?

Might work........

TomF
01-19-2012, 04:27 PM
There are much more comfortable ways to lay back on doing a renovation. I'm just sayin'.

jack grebe
01-19-2012, 04:32 PM
Paul, this is brilliant...........just brilliant.

Kat will never bother you again to remodel

Why didn't I think of that

ccmanuals
01-19-2012, 05:10 PM
There must be some wbf'ers here close to Hell that could come by to give you a hand. ;)

Peter Malcolm Jardine
01-19-2012, 05:17 PM
I just want MY bathroom back. If I have to do plumbing and hang drywall myself I will!, lol

He isn't done yet????? What in hell has he been doing?????

:D

switters
01-19-2012, 06:50 PM

Now he has you right where he wants you, next thing you know he will have a hang nail when it comes time to clean out the gutters.

course you may do a better job, so....