Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DUNEBILLY
    • May 2010

Blow Boat Design Ideas Needed Here. work/cabin cruiser

Semi work boat,/ cabin cruiser. *No motor *She needs to be Rowable, *Ply wood construction, *Centerboard, *Seaworthy handling up to occasional 30knots and 4-8' seas -white caps, *Berth to fit two, *Sink net fishable (to hold about 50-100 yards hidden under thwart) hand pulled so this would require removing the tiller and leaving the rudder (snag free), *Ice-fridgerator stowage (could use a cooler under the bearth or w/e outside under thwart stowage), *Stove, *Toilet, *Shower opt., **ROWABLE,, I understand this boat will row like a hog being it will be around 25' but smaller is better.
    So, im guessing im going to see some Shaprie ideas, i was thinking of a cat boat would be cool, The Nowak is nice,, but i dont know about her holding net. The Princess 26 may be the one, http://www.bandbyachtdesigns.com/princess26.htm I may have to stand up to row her when needed with some strong long oars. What else is out there?!
    Thank YOU.
  • Paul Pless
    pinko commie tree hugger
    • Oct 2003

Re: Blow Boat Design Ideas Needed Here. work/cabin cruiser

You need this book. Its a survey and history of small sail and oar fishing boats in North America from colonial times to around 1930 or so.

What kinda fish are you hoping to catch with a hand net with no hydraulic winch? Have you looked into the legality of it in your area?

Simpler is better, except when complicated looks really cool.

Comment

• DUNEBILLY
      • May 2010

i have my commercial and capt. ill check out that book, thanks.

Comment

• JimD
        Senior Mumbler
        • Feb 2002

Originally posted by DUNEBILLY
        ... I understand this boat will row like a hog ....
        I doubt if it will row anything nearly as well as a hog, but good luck.
        There is no rational, logical, or physical description of how free will could exist. It therefore makes no sense to praise or condemn anyone on the grounds they are a free willed self that made one choice but could have chosen something else. There is no evidence that such a situation is possible in our Universe. Demonstrate otherwise and I will be thrilled.

Comment

• Paul Pless
          pinko commie tree hugger
          • Oct 2003

rofl
          Simpler is better, except when complicated looks really cool.

Comment

Working...