PDA

View Full Version : what you get up to when the missus and kids aren't at home

Meli
01-08-2012, 07:07 AM
I've cranked up the old sterio
playing Doors, stones, bowie and blue oyster cult, assocciates and joy division and the jam, the clash and B 52's really loud on vinyl :D

Paul Pless
01-08-2012, 07:10 AM
Did you get the bong out too? or are you hesitant to post that cause your kids lurk here to see what mum is up to? ;):d

Meli
01-08-2012, 07:15 AM
er, no. havent had a bong in about 20 years.(pout)
but I'm playing air guitar, will that do ?:D

Baybeh baybeh baybeh, wont you get down on your knees
Enter air guitarwah wah waaayh
I been down so god damm long ......ect :D

Waddie
01-08-2012, 08:24 AM
When everyones out I don't crank up any stereo - I make my own music - people generously call it music at least - and play my favorite 4 note blues bars on my guitar. I've memorized dozens of them, with lots of bends and pumped through a classic tube amp.

Now you got me wishing for some time alone..... :)

regards,
Waddie

Michael D. Storey
01-08-2012, 10:50 AM
I've cranked up the old sterio
playing Doors, stones, bowie and blue oyster cult, assocciates and joy division and the jam, the clash and B 52's really loud on vinyl :D

Speaking of Bowie, google up the youtube of him and Mick singing 'dancin' in the Street'

Michael D. Storey
01-08-2012, 10:51 AM
When Judith is out and the kids are not around, I call the local one up and suggest that he come on over for some mischief

Ian McColgin
01-08-2012, 10:53 AM
I used to sing when far from shore but last time so many sea gulls fell dead from the sky that someone called the EPA on me.

MiddleAgesMan
01-08-2012, 11:21 AM
When Judith is out and the kids are not around, I call the local one up and suggest that he come on over for some mischief

"The local one?" Ezactly WHAT are you confessing to here? :)

I do the loud stereo blast, too, letting the players shuffle through a collection of old rock, alternative rock, Willie Nelson, Prince, Cream, Doors, Mickey Newberry, Wagner, Eric Satie, et al. There are even a couple of my own demos that will pop up on rare occasions.

The hard tile floors under the 24 foot ceiling turn my low-end Bose system into a concert hall, shaking the rafters as the sound reaches even the street. This is usually late at night but so far no one has called the law.

There was a time when I could call up someone for a little mischief but now that my adult son has moved back in there's little opportunity for that. :)

RichKrough
01-08-2012, 11:49 AM
My favorite music is Jugband which my wife hates, so when she is out and I'm home I'm usually cranking up Jim Kweskin, Memphis Jugband or my current fav Old Southern Jug Band.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q4Ky-VS8Lmw

Todd D
01-08-2012, 12:23 PM
I get work done without interruptions.

Michael D. Storey
01-08-2012, 12:36 PM
[QUOTE=MiddleAgesMan;3262071]"The local one?" Ezactly WHAT are you confessing to here? :)

I am confessing to having a son in Florida, another in Palo Alto and one 12 miles away.

Tobago
01-08-2012, 12:45 PM
I put my feet up on the couch.

leikec
01-08-2012, 12:54 PM
I surf this forum.

Jeff C

rogue
01-08-2012, 01:40 PM
If it is too cold to ride or sail, I do crank up the tunes while I get my chores done, otherwise I ride around the county with my pup in the sidecar, or head to the coast and out to the boat, or both...

Bob Adams
01-08-2012, 01:52 PM
When everyones out I don't crank up any stereo - I make my own music - people generously call it music at least - and play my favorite 4 note blues bars on my guitar. I've memorized dozens of them, with lots of bends and pumped through a classic tube amp.

Now you got me wishing for some time alone..... :)

regards,
Waddie

Same thing, I fire up the Hammond....I really need to install a headphone jack..

Chris Coose
01-08-2012, 06:15 PM
Came home and cranked Stop Making Sense late yesterday afternoon.
Didn't care who was home for at least a few minutes. I was aware I was having a teriffic day, all day because that album was running in my head.

I do about the same things when the girls are home except they tend to intrude on my slovenliness.

coelacanth2
01-08-2012, 11:24 PM
I'm with Tod D. I get a LOT done, esp. on "me" projects.