PDA

View Full Version : Buddy Roemer, republican for president

StevenBauer
01-06-2012, 01:22 PM
I just heard an interview with Buddy on the radio. I didn't even know he was running. He sounded so much better than the other republican candidates. What do you guys know about him?

Steven

Waddie
01-06-2012, 01:42 PM
Former governor of Louisiana. He most closely matches what I'm looking for in a candidate. I especially like that he realizes the need to re-write "Free" trade agreements. I also like his track record of reforms in Louisiana. But I don't see how he has much of a chance, unless he wrangles his way into the debates - then he would become the frontrunner.

I doubt, though, that he personally "looks" presidential enough, unless the Harry Truman look is back in style.

I never thought that I could back a trained economist ( I don't think much of economists in general - they got us in this trouble) or Harvard finance grad, but this guy makes sense on a lot of issues.

regards,
Waddie

SMARTINSEN
01-06-2012, 02:24 PM
Maybe the VP nod? I do not think that it will go to any other of the current candidates.

Dr. Arthur Trollingson
01-06-2012, 02:31 PM
He did an internet Q&A yesterday:
http://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/o4gxr/iama_2012_gop_presidential_candidate_i_believe_in/

Apparently he couldn't get into the debates without $x and y% in the polls. Once he reached $x (100 bucks at a time) and y%, he was told that he'd need $2x and 2y% to get in. And that's why you haven't heard about Buddy.

Gerarddm
01-06-2012, 04:27 PM
The only rational sounding Republican candidate out there. Strongly against income inequality.

ccmanuals
01-06-2012, 04:29 PM
have heard and watched him a couple of times. sensible and articulate. problem is he isn't "conservative enough"

Ted Hoppe
01-06-2012, 04:47 PM
America likes an outsider, dark horse. he will look like he is the Mr. Smith who comes from outside the beltway with the right southern pedigree to fix the government.

I think he is reserving his cash for an independent run as an American Elect candidate. He can't beat the the elephants in that room so he will take them on in the general election. ideally, he can gain some minor attention then demand for a three or four candidate debate if he can amass tens of millions in the election bucket, requests for matching funds and beat up the party which has forsaken him.

what will be interesting is how his protractors from the big parties will try to tear him down.