View Full Version : I've been mildly sick all night

Phillip Allen
01-05-2012, 07:21 AM
tried to go to bed at around midnight
up again at 0130...... belches from hell... die-a-reaha
every time I lay down again it hits me...so I have stayed up most of the night
tolite paper has turned into sand paper
still the ugly belches

I don't feel particularly bad but wonder if mild food poisoning would account for my troubles

Jim Ledger
01-05-2012, 07:26 AM
This some high quality thread material, Phillip, real old-guy stuff.

Sounds like something you et.

Phillip Allen
01-05-2012, 07:28 AM
yeah, I know it's not a good topic but I'm too tired to be nice right now... maybe I should delete it

Jim Ledger
01-05-2012, 07:30 AM
Mebbe post some pictures, more like.

Phillip Allen
01-05-2012, 07:35 AM
Mebbe post some pictures, more like.

okay, okay... I'll try to clean it up

skuthorp
01-05-2012, 07:35 AM
Sounds very like the brush I had with food poisoning last week. Dodgy chicken. A diet of soda water and dry biscuits, and very few of them too, and a couple of days saw me right. It can be however very serious including break down of some organs in more serious cases so keep a weather eye on it.
Could also be a bout of gastroenteritis. whichever one keep an eye on your fluid intake and electrolytes, dehydration can be a problem.
Best of luck

Phillip Allen
01-05-2012, 07:38 AM
Sounds very like the brush I had with food poisoning last week. Dodgy chicken. A diet of soda water and dry biscuits, and very few of them too, and a couple of days saw me right. It can be however very serious including break down of some organs in more serious cases so keep a weather eye on it. Best of luck.

I must have et at the same place... no biscuits though
diet soda and chicken (just one piece from a deli which I threw half of out the truck window to kill off a few possums)

Mrleft8
01-05-2012, 07:41 AM
"Dry crackers" and ginger beer...... I agree, but one quick question..... Does anyone purposefully eat damp crackers?

skuthorp
01-05-2012, 07:44 AM
From my canoe racing days a sure fire tummy settler, Port wine and Brandy, just a small one. The red cross never officially approved but it worked.

stevebaby
01-06-2012, 07:34 PM
From my canoe racing days a sure fire tummy settler, Port wine and Brandy, just a small one. The red cross never officially approved but it worked.Somebody did an experiment once, to see if alcohol kills tummy bugs, and found that half a bottle of whisky works just as well as antibiotics. I've tried using whiskey as a preventative measure and in my experience I have never had a tummy bug...apart from the cancer of course.
Honey kills most bugs too.

PeterSibley
01-06-2012, 07:38 PM
Keep your fluids up Phil . Mix a few glasses of water with a bit of salt and sugar mixed in, it sounds horrible by will replace electrolytes .

The Bigfella
01-06-2012, 07:42 PM
Hmmm.... I reckon my Bali Belly tops my list of tummy bugs. Both ends firing at the same time.... 30 seconds after I met a couple who'd invited me to dinner. "Hi, I'm Ian, I need your bathroom, quick" They had to leave the house.... and when I finally emerged, they were at the farthest corner of their block. Someone said that when it hits like that, it tends to be parasites. Dunno... eventually cleared up though.... one pill for each end helped get me home (ha, ha... both taken orally). My daughter copped it too.... needed two injections at the hospital so she could fly back to Oz.... then had to get the taxi driver in Sydney to stop on her way home.

PeterSibley
01-06-2012, 07:56 PM
India for me ....10 days before I had the strength to walk down the stairs. Lost 10 pound in 3 days .The perfect weight loss program.

BrianW
01-06-2012, 08:05 PM
Nothing like visiting a foreign country to soften things up.

Cheese is a binder, or so they say. ;)

bobbys
01-06-2012, 08:11 PM

You want war stories?.

I had a Hot dawg at Costco today.

Feel a bit woozy but will Man up and not cry about it!.

Glenn and Mr Left wooda been laying on the floor crying for their Momma's!.

Ok i teared up a bit .

htom
01-06-2012, 09:07 PM
Still have your appendix?

McMike
01-06-2012, 09:25 PM
Hope you're feeling better Phillip.

The Bigfella
01-06-2012, 09:35 PM
Hmmm... I think I'm going to be mildly sick soon.

We were just sitting out the back and my wife said "I think I can smell that dead chook".... which we'd found in the neighbours place while they were away.

Nope.... but I did find a swarm of flies around a dead possum. It's not going to be an easy removal.

Bugger.

Nanoose
01-06-2012, 09:41 PM
I seem to recall some recounting heart issues starting as nausea, etc.
Are you ok?

LeeG
01-06-2012, 10:00 PM
I had fries cooked in duck fat two days ago, ooof, the next day.

PeterSibley
01-06-2012, 10:58 PM
Hmmm... I think I'm going to be mildly sick soon.

We were just sitting out the back and my wife said "I think I can smell that dead chook".... which we'd found in the neighbours place while they were away.

Nope.... but I did find a swarm of flies around a dead possum. It's not going to be an easy removal.

Bugger.

I never bait rats these days ...well ever since a 6 foot carpet snake ate a baited rat and died in the ceiling .I had to remove 4 sheets of tin to get to him .:( I was slightly more than mildly nauseous doing that job .

I wonder if Phil's reading this ?:o Sorry Phil .

The Bigfella
01-06-2012, 11:12 PM
Yum..... anyone need any maggots? Should I save the left over ones?

Job's done. I got all woosey and wore a latex glove to pick it up. Must be getting old.

PeterSibley
01-07-2012, 12:00 AM
Put the maggots in a bottle with some bran, open the bottle in a weeks time in a enemy's house or a lawyers office .

johnw
01-07-2012, 12:55 AM
Put the maggots in a bottle with some brain, open the bottle in a weeks time in a enemy's house or a lawyers office .Fixed that for you.

Phillip Allen
01-07-2012, 01:23 AM
I finaly got over it... think it must have a reaction to some iffy food... don't want any chicken for a while

Meli
01-07-2012, 04:36 AM
Just a quick point. If you every have a tummy bug with Diarrhoea and or vomiting.

DO NOT EAT OR DRINK ANY Ginger beer, flat lemonade or anything else with sugar in it like honey.(it's an old wives tale).
Bacteria (bugs) just love sugar. Adults will cope probably, but small children and frail elderly can die from dehydration exacerbated by this "cure"

Tummy bug?? NO SUGAR. dry toast, crackers and water, and a rehydrant if you can get it like gastrolite.