PDA

View Full Version : Lefties sure do get worked up over the politiking of the Repubs

pefjr
01-04-2012, 11:35 AM
They say Obama can't lose to any of these dummies, yet look at the worry threads. Oh well, without this humor, the bilge would be like upstairs, sorta boring and uncured. Didn't you boys write off this Ricky what'shisname fellow long ago, where is he coming from? He must not have read Norm threads.

I heard a good one: Romney wasn't bragging too much about his victory, but he did say he won by more votes than Perry can count.

Garret
01-04-2012, 11:46 AM
Gotta love a campaign where - even this early - the frontrunner accuses his fellow party member of not being able to count to 8.

My opinion of Romney drops another notch.

While I'm prolly more center-left - I don't see the left leaning commentaries in the Rep. process as worrying about Obama losing, I see it more as worrying about the state of the US where such idjuts can actually gain prominence.

Even long-term Republicans have to be really disappointed in their top 2 right now.

Tylerdurden
01-04-2012, 12:01 PM
Well I was called out last night and got home at 7 this morning. Seems Ron got the same number of delegates even after the relentless smear campaign and and Israeli defense contractor counting the votes.

I did get this in an e-mail...

At around 2:00 into the video:

CNN: What's the total for Clinton County, Romney, Santorum, Paul?}

CC: Ohh. Are they correct? I haven't [double or done them]. I added them up. I ADDED THEM UP, UHH, A COUPLE TIMES. Ohh man.

CC: I show Romney coming up with a total of 437 votes for Clinton County. Santorum had 354.

CNN: This is what's missing and we need the state's central committiee to clear this up. But, the numbers we're receiving for the state do not match the numbers we just received from the chair-woman, right here in Clinton County. If these are the final numbers...

CC: What do you mean the numbers don't match?

http://www.cnn.com/video/?/video/politics/2012/01/04/natpkg-iowa-caucus-night.cnn#/video/politics/2012/01/04/natpkg-iowa-caucus-night.cnn

pefjr
01-04-2012, 12:41 PM
My opinion of Romney drops another notch.

That was a joke Garret. Don't let a joke influence your opinion of any of these jokers!:d

Garret
01-04-2012, 12:49 PM
That was a joke Garret. Don't let a joke influence your opinion of any of these jokers!:d

Missed the joke part - sorry. Problem is that in modern politics, it's often hard to tell the real statements from jokes!

pefjr
01-04-2012, 12:58 PM
Missed the joke part - sorry. Problem is that in modern politics, it's often hard to tell the real statements from jokes!Well, let put some probable truth up then. Perry has not been confused about the number of states in the US like .....our current resident in the WH, and I doubt he would slum up a nice Tennis court into a basketball court, although he might use it for a temporary revival tent site.

S.V. Airlie
01-04-2012, 01:01 PM
Time for a White House beer run.

Cuyahoga Chuck
01-04-2012, 01:13 PM
Iowa has been the only game in town as of late. Any port in a storm.

thedutchtouch
01-04-2012, 06:36 PM
shaking your own tree as usual i see

Vince Brennan
01-04-2012, 07:00 PM
Well, Bachman has withdrawn, but Santorum is still in it (for the moment). What scares me about these loonies is NOT the possibility of their defeating Obama in '12 (not happening... sorry guys!) but the fact that they are so completely sure that their view is the ONLY view and has been Ordained By God to them, personally. Having one of them as President would be analogous to having SamF as President... a vision that leaves me sick to my stomach.

Romney is a staunch, God-fearing man, but he admits of other viewpoints being viable and possible... neither Santorum nor Bachman can admit of ANY other possibility other than their own and would do all possible to coerce everyone to adopt their belief system.

Bachman has been discounted as a "fool" and a "flake"... so was another person in the '20's who wound up causing a LOT of anguish in the world. Santorum reminds me of no-one so much as Savaronola... read some of his writings and then some of Savaranola's sermons, make allowance for archaisims and you'll find essentially the same persona: inflexible, immoderate and insane.

Feckin' scary t'is.

Glen Longino
01-04-2012, 07:41 PM
..."...inflexible, immoderate and insane."

Santorum is crazy as a sack full of ferrets. But then, so are his supporters.
Guess who our forum member jbelow favors as the nominee? With Newt as VP.
Yep, Santorum!
I think it will be interesting to see just how much clout the Regressive Fundamentalist Troglodytic Tea Party branch of the Republican Party actually has.
Santorum is ther man!