PDA

View Full Version : 9th grade

Meli
12-26-2011, 06:03 PM
How horrible were you? :D

Little boys, throwing pencil cases out of the windows in after school detention.

"miss, peter threw my pencil case out the window"
"Oh go and get it then"
Exit half the class out the window :D

Or
In music. overture in Jesus Christ Superstar. 5 boys standing on desks in crucifix position spinning in circles.

I think we went through 2 music teachers and 2 maths teachers that year.:D

Garret
12-26-2011, 06:18 PM
I drove a school bus for 4 years. No one holds a candle to 7th & 8th grade. 9th is when they start becoming human again. I did say "start" & do not want to imply that there are no relapses....

Oh - I was a perfect little angel & never did a thing to get in trouble!

Meli
12-26-2011, 06:36 PM
Hmmm, yep, you're right, it was year eight:D

bobbys
12-26-2011, 06:36 PM
I got in trouble for lurking at the bottom of the stairwell and commenting on every girls underwear, Pretty soon every girl clung to the wall as they walked up.

Stopped when the Psy Ed teacher smacked me..

In those days one was not a pervert just Doing what boys do!

I miss the mini skirt days..

Other then that i sat in the back wit the dumb kids!

Rich Jones
12-26-2011, 07:53 PM
My high school was built in 1896. Sometime in the intervening years they put steel fire escapes on the outside. They were open grid stairs and easily seen through. During those mini-skirt years (girls were not allowed to wear pants to school) the girls were always first down the stairs during fire drills and the last to go back up. Rats!

As for behavior, I was always a hopeless goody-two shoes. Sigh...

Waddie
12-26-2011, 10:34 PM
I wasn't particularly good or bad in school. But I sure was a risk taker in those days. We used to hike out to a railroad bridge over a river - long drop - and hang underneath gripping the bottom of the railroad tracks while a train was passing over.

regards,
Waddie

skuthorp
12-26-2011, 10:41 PM
I didn't mind school, especially history and music but i disliked almost everyone I was at school with and left the place dead on time every day to do something else. I sat right down the front underneath the teachers gaze as they always looked at the disruptive element in the back row. Made for a peaceful life. Strangely rather like TD, I dealt with the school bully with a cricket bat, in the yard, in front of his peers. Got me detentions but solved the problem.

Garret
12-26-2011, 10:51 PM
I wasn't particularly good or bad in school. But I sure was a risk taker in those days. We used to hike out to a railroad bridge over a river - long drop - and hang underneath gripping the bottom of the railroad tracks while a train was passing over.

regards,
Waddie

Had a friend get his foot caught in between ties on a bridge with a train coming. 2 of us grabbed him & lifted him straight up, then ran to the end of the bridge & dove. The train (still doing 30mph+ even with brakes full on) missed us by 15-20 ft. I can still feel the terror & Craig's foot was bruised & cut like you wouldn't believe.

Luckily I never did anything like flush cherry bombs down the toilet (especially not synched with say 6 or so others), or light off tin cans of gas in the middle of the road with a car coming, or throw rotten apples at cop cars.

Robbie 2
12-27-2011, 03:47 AM
I was a loner at school..........always in the library reading etc and near the front of each class.
An under the radar sort of kid.........never really made that many friends and wouldn't have a clue what any of my classmates did when they left or are living or doing now.
Never been to a School reunion and no wish to.

skuthorp
12-27-2011, 06:06 AM
You and I are kindred spirits in that Robbie 2.

S.V. Airlie
12-27-2011, 10:54 AM
I drove a school bus for 4 years. No one holds a candle to 7th & 8th grade. 9th is when they start becoming human again. I did say "start" & do not want to imply that there are no relapses....

Oh - I was a perfect little angel & never did a thing to get in trouble!7thnot that bad Garret. And then they all got something in their stockings for Christmas..What a change! 9th grade, I agree. Heck I was working for Roger Tory Peterson and a Yale Graduate student. Didn't have time or desire to bullyanyone. Was bullied enough in previous years.