PDA

View Full Version : Republicans & Tax

emma55
12-22-2011, 10:10 AM
I thought the republicans hated Taxes What happened ?

stevebla
12-22-2011, 10:15 AM
Nothing better than a 60 day tax cut.

wardd
12-22-2011, 10:17 AM
I thought the republicans hated Taxes What happened ?

they hate the middle class even more

emma55
12-22-2011, 10:21 AM
Or was that Texas I can't keep up with this stuff

Mrleft8
12-22-2011, 10:22 AM
What happened was that democrats made a concession to the republicans in order to try to actually get something constructive accomplished. This so enraged the republicans, that they are cutting off their own nose to spite their face.
I hope they bleed to death. (Metaphorically)

Mrleft8
12-22-2011, 10:24 AM
Republicans do not hate Texas. Texas is where their nest is.

emma55
12-22-2011, 10:26 AM
they hate the middle class even more If I come into a big pile of money. And become " RICH" I hope I will not become a republican !!!! We can put men on the moon ! . Why can't someone find a cure for this ?

wardd
12-22-2011, 10:29 AM
If I come into a big pile of money. And become " RICH" I hope I will not become a republican !!!! We can put men on the moon ! . Why can't someone find a cure for this ?

it would be fun to be a rich republican then you could laugh at all the right wing drones that want you to have humongus tax cuts

emma55
12-22-2011, 10:35 AM
Nothing better than a 60 day tax cut. Well let us see $ 320.00 Better then no $320.00

wardd
12-22-2011, 10:40 AM
Hmm, let me see here. The house passes a bill that had what Obama wanted in it. The bill get's ammended by the senate and sent back to the house. Nomally in that case a conference is called for so the bill can be hashed out but, Harry and Co split town and The house is left holding the bag the senate crapped in and, we get to listen to Obama smear it all over the walls........sneaky move.....Im impressed.......

except bohner told mcdonal to thrash out the bill and didn't join the negotiations with reid and mcdonald when asked

but hey, you're supposed to follow what you are last told not what happened previously

Mrleft8
Hmm, let me see here. The house passes a bill that had what Obama wanted in it. The bill get's ammended by the senate and sent back to the house. Nomally in that case a conference is called for so the bill can be hashed out but, Harry and Co split town and The house is left holding the bag the senate crapped in and, we get to listen to Obama smear it all over the walls........sneaky move.....Im impressed....... The democrats borrowed it straight from the republican play book..... You'd think those geniuses would have seen their own tactic coming a mile away.

stevebla
Social security can afford it. No troubles with social security.

Mrleft8
12-22-2011, 10:41 AM
McConnell I think

wardd
12-22-2011, 10:42 AM
McConnell I think

him too

but about now he must be feeling like ol mcdonald the farmer

wardd
12-22-2011, 10:51 AM
The SS payroll tax cut was the worst idea they've had yet. Totally irresponsible.

along with the bush tax cuts

S.V. Airlie
12-22-2011, 10:55 AM
Which Obama renewed.

wardd
12-22-2011, 11:04 AM
Do you support a repeal of the Bush tax cuts?

I do.

yes

wardd
12-22-2011, 11:05 AM
Which Obama renewed.

still riding that dead horse?

it's been explained to you many times, you really should take notes if you're that forgetful

S.V. Airlie
12-22-2011, 11:07 AM
Hey you wanted facts, I gave you one dead horse or not Wardd.You can say what you want you can give Obama excuses all you want Obama renewed them.

wardd
12-22-2011, 11:08 AM
Hey you wanted facts, I gave you one dead horse or not Wardd.You can say what you want you can give Obama excuses all you want Obama renewed them.

you're just full of incomplete facts

now tell the rest of the story on why he did

S.V. Airlie
12-22-2011, 11:10 AM
Oh and you read huffy and listen to Norman all of whom only give complete facts as you call them. LOL.Bottom line is he signed renewed them.Period!And you brought up tax cuts made by Bush.So you were beating te dead horse before anyone else.

Reynard38
12-22-2011, 11:12 AM
So which party likes the middle class?
And what is considered middle class?
Trying to figure out who my friends are up in DC....

S.V. Airlie
12-22-2011, 11:15 AM
So which party likes the middle class?
And what is considered middle class?
Trying to figure out who my friends are up in DC....Your friends from DC will be knocking on your door right before their next election.:)

wardd
12-22-2011, 11:16 AM
Oh and you read huffy and listen to Norman all of whom only give complete facts as you call them. LOL.Bottom line is he signed renewed them.Period!And you brought up tax cuts made by Bush.So you were beating te dead horse before anyone else.

so if someone holds a gun to your head you're not going to give them your money?

S.V. Airlie
12-22-2011, 11:17 AM
Only in your neighborhood.Probably where you bought the gun. .Exactly what the dems want.

wardd
12-22-2011, 11:22 AM
willful ignorance in the face of facts is not admirable, jamie

do try to change

S.V. Airlie
12-22-2011, 11:22 AM
From a pro. Love it.

wardd
12-22-2011, 11:39 AM
Some recent thinking on this issue:

to say those idiots wont let it happen may be shortsighted

maybe the way they look at it is they need a crash to hold against the democrats for the next battle, to show what lengths they are willing to go

Bob V
12-22-2011, 08:25 PM
It's not actually a tax but rather a "payroll surcharge". I know this because the republicans tell me that 51% of Americans pay no tax. They couldn't say that on tv if it weren't true.

wardd
12-22-2011, 08:48 PM
It's not actually a tax but rather a "payroll surcharge". I know this because the republicans tell me that 51% of Americans pay no tax. They couldn't say that on tv if it weren't true.

because the lamestream media would call them on it

Roger Cumming
12-22-2011, 09:16 PM
Norman's #21 is an accurate recapitulation of what happened.

Keith Wilson
12-22-2011, 10:44 PM
I thought the Republicans hated taxes. What happened? You misunderstand. Republicans only really get upset about taxes on the rich. Taxes on anyone else are OK.

Glen Longino
12-22-2011, 11:43 PM

Read Norman's post #21 and tell us if you can understand it or not.
Or don't read it, and remain ignorant and loud, as you wish.

emma55
12-23-2011, 07:50 AM
You misunderstand. Republicans only really get upset about taxes on the rich. Taxes on anyone else are OK. Nice !

John Smith
12-23-2011, 08:11 AM
Hmm, let me see here. The house passes a bill that had what Obama wanted in it. The bill get's ammended by the senate and sent back to the house. Nomally in that case a conference is called for so the bill can be hashed out but, Harry and Co split town and The house is left holding the bag the senate crapped in and, we get to listen to Obama smear it all over the walls........sneaky move.....Im impressed.......

You're getting your info from Fox, no?

What happened is they all wanted to go home for the holidays. A year long extention was the White House choice. How to pay for it was a problem, so they agreed to a 2 month extension and to re address the issue when they return. If there is something interesting here, it is found in the Republicans saw no need to pay for the Bush tax cuts that mostly benefited the wealthy, but they see a need to pay for these cuts that mostly benefit the middle class.

They wish to pay for tax cuts to the poorer income people by taking services from the poorer income people. They would rather not let the Bush tax cuts expire on schedule, although that, I believe, would pay for this tax cut indefinitely.

There is little in all of this that has anything to do with an ideololgical position on taxes, but much more to do with which of the public they are inclined to speak for, and it becomes increasingly clear they represent the wealthier Americans regardless of whether or not those people are in their district.

Some saner voices rang loud and clear, so last night it, I believe passed, and the 2 month extension will happen.

Anyone who can set parties aside must realize that giving people in the lower classes more money to spend will improve our total economy, as they will spend it and consume products and services. One example Obama cited was from a guy who said that $40 heats his home for 3 days.

The bigger issue is the Republicans want to hold this tax cut hostage for other things written into the bill. Obama did not blink this time, I suspect he's in a position where his blinking is done, and the democrats will all be on board with him.

Everyone agrees, I think, that we need to rebuild our infrastructure and that doing so with all domesticly provided materials will generate a lot of jobs. It must be paid for, but do you pay for it by cutting services to the poor and middle class or do you increase the taxes on multi millionaires? I would remind everyone that this country was doing extremely well when the upper tax rates were 70%.

John Smith
12-23-2011, 08:16 AM
Which Obama renewed.

Bet he won't renew them again.

At the time he did that, it pissed me off. Now I see it was part of a long term strategy, which we are now seeing play out.

This is a very smart dude. He showed that in the way he handled Libya. He showed that, and his courage, in the way he got Bin Laden. It would have been easy to drop a bomb, but then we wouldn't have gotten all the information.

John Smith
12-23-2011, 08:17 AM
Do you support a repeal of the Bush tax cuts?

I do.

Moot point. they are scheduled to expire soon. I don't support renewing them, and I don't think this time they will be renewed.

wardd
12-23-2011, 10:04 AM
You're getting your info from Fox, no?

What happened is they all wanted to go home for the holidays. A year long extention was the White House choice. How to pay for it was a problem, so they agreed to a 2 month extension and to re address the issue when they return. If there is something interesting here, it is found in the Republicans saw no need to pay for the Bush tax cuts that mostly benefited the wealthy, but they see a need to pay for these cuts that mostly benefit the middle class.

They wish to pay for tax cuts to the poorer income people by taking services from the poorer income people. They would rather not let the Bush tax cuts expire on schedule, although that, I believe, would pay for this tax cut indefinitely.

There is little in all of this that has anything to do with an ideololgical position on taxes, but much more to do with which of the public they are inclined to speak for, and it becomes increasingly clear they represent the wealthier Americans regardless of whether or not those people are in their district.

Some saner voices rang loud and clear, so last night it, I believe passed, and the 2 month extension will happen.

Anyone who can set parties aside must realize that giving people in the lower classes more money to spend will improve our total economy, as they will spend it and consume products and services. One example Obama cited was from a guy who said that $40 heats his home for 3 days.

The bigger issue is the Republicans want to hold this tax cut hostage for other things written into the bill. Obama did not blink this time, I suspect he's in a position where his blinking is done, and the democrats will all be on board with him.

Everyone agrees, I think, that we need to rebuild our infrastructure and that doing so with all domesticly provided materials will generate a lot of jobs. It must be paid for, but do you pay for it by cutting services to the poor and middle class or do you increase the taxes on multi millionaires? I would remind everyone that this country was doing extremely well when the upper tax rates were 70%.

don't tax cuts pay for themselves?