PDA

View Full Version : Is your Christmas shopping done?

cs
12-21-2011, 02:20 PM
Mine is.

Over the last few years we have slimmed down a bit on who we have to buy for. With some of the older generation moving on and the kids getting older, our list of who to buy for and how much to get has gotten smaller and we managed to finish in good shape this year.

As the kids get older (mine and my niece) it is a bit tougher to find them stuff. We've moved pass the toy stage and they are pretty set up on all the gee whiz stuff, so that makes it a bit tougher. We ended up getting the niece some high end clothes and gift certificates to nice stores. My kid got some of the same plus some pictures she had picked out and some nice luggage that she wanted really bad. And of course all those little things I wanted to get her.

The wife is always difficult to buy for. She always puts tools on her list but me and the kid have a hard time getting her tools and besides we already have all of those in my shop. We picked her up some nice Bose earbuds (that she wanted) and then I went outside her wish list and bought her a zoom lens for the Canon. She does like to play around with photography. I then went even further outside the box and bought her a Air Gun. I'm tired of her complaining about the squirals eating her patio furniture. She is always saying she needs a BB gun to take care of that problem so I got her one. Now of course I don't really worry about the squiarl's safety, I really don't expect her to be able to hit the broadside of a barn. More worried about the neighbor's windows. LOL

But when it is all said and done, it is all said and done and I'm about ready to get it done and over with and start afresh with the new year.

Chad

Canoez
12-21-2011, 02:22 PM
Yup. Wrapped, too.

cs
12-21-2011, 02:28 PM
Yeah we have wrapped all but one or two things and it looks like, thanks to the cats, that we will have to re-wrap.

Chad

Y Bar Ranch
12-21-2011, 02:28 PM
Haven't started

Mrleft8
12-21-2011, 02:49 PM
Yes. And Chad..... If you slim down any more yer gonna disappear. ;)

cs
12-21-2011, 02:50 PM
Well you know the kid thinks I'm fat.

Chad

S.V. Airlie
12-21-2011, 02:51 PM
Christmas is Dec. 25th right?

Mrleft8
12-21-2011, 05:22 PM
If people wouldn't give me so much food, I could re-gift it all next year, and be done with shopping by dec. 26th......:D