PDA

View Full Version : Help Save a Crosby Striper from Being Destroyed

CrosbyStriper
12-13-2011, 05:17 PM
This is the eleventh hour to help rescue a classic Crosby Striper from being reduced to a pile of firewood. This boat is in serious threat of being destroyed, and will be reduced to nothing in a very short period of time! She lays languishing in a boat yard here on cape, and is being offered as FREE! Somebody needs to move her soon, or else she will be destroyed! She has lots of potential, and has a rich history, all of which has taken place on Cape Cod.
She started life as the "Monomoy" being built originally for the famed Steere family of Harwichport, and used as a tender for their many Wianno Seniors. "Monomoy" was built with many special and unique features, including an opening windshield, the only wooden Striper to ever have this feature! She was sold in the late 1970's and renamed "Squanto". After switching hands a few times, she has been abandoned, languishing at a local yard, awaiting a new owner. "Squanto" needs a new owner who will move her soon, or she will be destroyed!
Thanks,
Email me, and I will pas along the person to contact.
slawrence1994(at)gmail.com

CrosbyStriper
01-04-2012, 08:06 PM
"Squanto" has found a home, and will be moving later this week, Congrats to the new owner for grabbing such a great boat!

CrosbyStriper
01-08-2012, 05:38 PM
I am sorry to say, as it brings me to tears every time, Squanto was vandilized last week rather severly. So much so, there way nothing left of value to save. (What kind of sick individual could vandalize a boat with so much potential and history...?)

Squanto was destroyed this afternoon, about three o'clock. I am so sorry, I know lots of you were very supportive in helping to save her

Thank you for all your support.