PDA

View Full Version : Trump to moderate Republican debate (!)

Gerarddm
12-03-2011, 09:49 AM
You need to look no further than the announcment that Donald Trump will be the sole moderator of an upcoming Republican presidential debate to realize that the clown-car essence of the GOP field is now terminally ratified.

Huntsman had the good graces to be the first to decline the invitation, and disparingingly so. Let's see if anybody else wants to participate; will they all wear Trump wigs? ;-)

SMARTINSEN
12-03-2011, 10:17 AM
This only furthers the notion that, sadly, the GOP debates are more about entertainment than anything else. Sort of a morbid and perverse black comedy, if you will.

RonW
12-03-2011, 10:23 AM
And which debate shall this be ? For those that don't know, good old donald is playing both sides of the fence
for his personal gains..

Keith Wilson
12-03-2011, 10:32 AM
Oy! What's next, the Kardashian sisters? Reporters from The National Enquirer? Naked mud wrestling?

Osborne Russell
12-03-2011, 11:48 AM
More of an entertainment conglomerate than a political party.

RichKrough
12-03-2011, 11:49 AM
Trump may be on to something. Maybe have all the candidates come on "The Apprentice" then make them do more stupid and embarrassing sheot for our entertainment and in the end let Donald choose the nominee.

wardd
12-03-2011, 11:50 AM
half got in to bolster their personal business fortunes

Nicholas Scheuer
12-03-2011, 12:20 PM
Today's Britt cartoon in our local newspaper shows a band of GOP Carollers seranading the Romney home to the tune of Jingle Bells with words as follows:

"Dashing toward ol' Newt

Bachmann fades away

Cain's a naughty elf

Perry's dense as clay

You've got the bes hair

It's a true delight

But we will not support you

On this or any night

Oh, Jingle Bells

Romney smells "

Louder SV Airlie, we can't hear you!

Chris Coose
12-03-2011, 12:25 PM
Oh my. This is worse than if Steven King wrote a script for a Republican debate, because they will pass this clown parade off as legitimate..... All laughing, back slapping and ****.
This is a reality show on crack.

bobbys
12-03-2011, 12:34 PM
http://mrkatzoff.org/wp-content/uploads/peanut-gallery.jpg

BETTY-B
12-03-2011, 12:54 PM
http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d10/Bridgedeck/misc/debategop.jpg

Chris Coose
12-03-2011, 01:00 PM
Trump: Describe for us 4 or 5 personal attributes that would make you the best of the contestants to taking a Booty Call at 2 AM?

Chris Coose
12-03-2011, 01:03 PM
Trump: Which of you really knew the American Embassy in Teheran was closed 30 years ago?
Be honest now.
I mean it, try to be honest.
I can tell if you are fibbing.
(Michelle put your hand down please)
There's one of you! Now Rick, bonus points for the best answer as to why that happened.

bobbys
12-03-2011, 01:24 PM
I hope DT brings this up, In Fact i hope the Libs read this here as they have blindfolds over their eyes and are busy harping about Hair and putting red noses on people.

New Fast and Furious Memo Backs Up Whistleblower Testimony M Catharine Evans

All ends are splitting up in the 10-month gun walking investigation. Fox News has obtained another piece of Fast and Furious evidence supporting the sworn testimony of several ATF whistleblowers. One thing for sure--this one's not going away despite big media's silent complicity in the cover-up.
A February 3, 2011 memo (http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2011/12/02/memo-whistleblower-fast-and-furious/) from ATF Agent Gary Styers addressed to top ATF personnel shores up statements made by his fellow agents to members of Congress. The memo also contradicts Assistant Attorney General Ron Weich's February 4 letter to Congress in which he asserts agents in charge had not "sanctioned or otherwise knowingly allowed the sale of assault weapons." Weich called allegations made by agents like John Dodson "false."
And two days day before Styer's memo surfaced Fox News reported (http://nation.foxnews.com/fast-and-furious/2011/11/30/whistleblowers-punished-over-fast-and-furious) on the courageous whistleblowers who continue to live in "a kind of purgatory."

Styers explained that Fast and Furious "divided and isolated agents," and the agent in charge called off surveillance. He detailed one instance in which agents monitoring a firearms transaction at a gas station were told they were too close to the scene -- while they repositioned, the buyer left the area without agents following.
"It is unheard of to have an active wiretap investigation without full time dedicated surveillance units on the ground," he wrote.
Styers wrote that his advice, and the advice of other agents, was "widely disregarded."
When asked about the new memo a DOJ spokesperson referred a Fox reporter (http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2011/12/02/memo-whistleblower-fast-and-furious/) to AG Holder's November testimony.

AG has been clear in his testimony and letters about when he learned and how he learned about the inappropriate tactics.
In November Holder said he learned of the operation a "couple of months" before the May 3 hearing where he testified he "heard about Fast and Furious over the last few weeks."
All of this 'clarity' is getting on Senator Charles Grassley's (http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2011/12/02/memo-whistleblower-fast-and-furious/) nerves. He wanted to know who in the DOJ okayed the Weich letter despite the fact it contained "inaccuracies" later admitted to by Holder.

It's clear that multiple highly placed officials in multiple agencies knew almost immediately of the connection between Operation Fast and Furious and Agent Terry's death," Grassley said. "Yet a month and a half after Agent Terry's death, Attorney General Holder was allegedly ignorant of the Fast and Furious connection."
Grassley said "documents that have come to light in my investigation" that suggest to him both Holder and Homeland Security (http://www.foxnews.com/topics/politics/national-security.htm#r_src=ramp) Secretary Janet Napolitano (http://www.foxnews.com/topics/politics/obama-administration/janet-napolitano.htm#r_src=ramp) were not truthful when they told Congress they didn't know Fast and Furious guns were used kill Terry.
After Grassley spoke out on Thursday, the Department of Justice responded with an apology for the "hard tone" of the February 4 letter and a Friday night document dump (http://news.yahoo.com/justice-dept-details-got-statements-wrong-215322145.html).

The department turned over 1,364 pages of material after concluding "that we will make a rare exception to the department's recognized protocols and provide you with information related to how the inaccurate information came to be included in the letter," Deputy Attorney General James Cole wrote Grassley and Rep. Darrell Issa, R-Calif., chairman of the House Oversight and Government Reform Committee, which is looking into the Obama administration's handling of Operation Fast and Furious.
The dump comes at the end of a long week for Holder. On Tuesday the AG became agitated when a Daily Caller (http://dailycaller.com/2011/12/01/media-watchdogs-ignore-holders-demands-for-media-silence/) reporter asked him about the congressmen demanding his resignation. He accused the online site of being "behind" the call for him to step down.
The timing of the dump just before Eric Holder's scheduled appearance at the House Judiciary Committee on December 8 suggests the attorney general may be entering a bargaining phase.
Read more M. Catharine Evans at Potter Williams Report (http://www.potterwilliamsreport.com/)

BETTY-B
12-03-2011, 01:43 PM
I hope DT brings this up, In Fact i hope the Libs read this here as they have blindfolds over their eyes and are busy harping about Hair and putting red noses on people.

Clown noses. They're clown noses, bobbys. Get it? The party of the rich has put forth nothing but clowns for candidates. And now their clown leader is moderating their clown show. Get it? No? Didn't think so.

Chris Coose
12-03-2011, 02:01 PM
Bobbys thought that was a Rudolph thing, you know? The reindeer?

bobbys
12-03-2011, 02:13 PM
Clown noses. They're clown noses, bobbys. Get it? The party of the rich has put forth nothing but clowns for candidates. And now their clown leader is moderating their clown show. Get it? No? Didn't think so..

I notice the Circus shows up on Fridays and gives up the Jesters so the critics cannot respond till Monday.

rbgarr
12-03-2011, 02:34 PM
Trump and moderate are two words I never thought I'd see in the same sentence.

BETTY-B
12-03-2011, 02:53 PM
Rudolph, the clown nosed reindeer

Had a very corrupt and ignorant nose.

And if you ever saw it,

You would even say it grows!

Rich Jones
12-03-2011, 08:58 PM
I simply can't believe some of these guys are even CONSIDERING being in this "debate". They still won't get my vote, but a little bit of respect goes to any GOP candidate with enough grit to stand up to that buffoon. "The Donald". What a total joke of a man.

John Smith
12-03-2011, 09:25 PM
Quiet everyone..Trump is gong to be interviewing candidates...Very important. Give him a chance..He is gathering resumes right now.

Wonder if he'll ask for their birth certificates?

I also wonder if he's got a favorite and will it show.

bobbys
12-03-2011, 09:34 PM
The Libs here are not going to watch anyway, They will look at the Huff Post or Media Matters to find out if there are any Gaffes to bring back here to label them with name calling. DT needs to be mocked as its doubtful he will mine the creek for a "Gotcha" Q like a liberal moderator would.

Chip-skiff
12-04-2011, 12:08 AM
The Apprentice, revisited. What a concept!

BETTY-B
12-04-2011, 03:24 AM

As the audience honks their horns!

skuthorp
12-04-2011, 06:39 AM
There is obviously no sense of irony in the GOP these days.

Rich Jones
12-04-2011, 08:28 AM
The Libs here are not going to watch anyway, They will look at the Huff Post or Media Matters to find out if there are any Gaffes to bring back here to label them with name calling. DT needs to be mocked as its doubtful he will mine the creek for a "Gotcha" Q like a liberal moderator would.

Actually, this will be the ONLY Republican debate I'll watch. It's going to be SO much fun!!

Tylerdurden
12-04-2011, 08:34 AM
Ron Paul skipping Trump debate
ANKENY, Iowa, Dec. 3 (UPI) -- Ron Paul (http://www.upi.com/topic/Ron_Paul/) will skip a Republican debate in Iowa because having Donald Trump (http://www.upi.com/topic/Donald_Trump/) as moderator would be "wildly inappropriate," a Paul spokesman said Saturday.
The Texas congressman is the second GOP presidential aspirant to say he won't be part of the Dec. 27 debate. Former Utah Gov. Jon Huntsman (http://www.upi.com/topic/Jon_Huntsman/) also has declined, with his spokesman saying the Republican Party "deserves a serious discussion of the issues."
In a statement release on Paul's campaign Web site, Paul campaign Chairman Jesse Benton said the campaign committee "rejects" the selection of Trump as moderator.
"The selection of a reality television personality to host a presidential debate that voters nationwide will be watching is beneath the office of the presidency and flies in the face of that office's history and dignity," Benton's statement said. "Mr. Trump's participation as moderator will distract from questions and answers concerning important issues such as the national economy, crushing federal government debt, the role of the federal government, foreign policy, and the like.
"To be sure, Mr. Trump's participation will contribute to an unwanted circus-like atmosphere.
"Mr. Trump's selection is also wildly inappropriate because of his record of toying with the serious decision of whether to compete for our nation's highest office, a decision he appeared to make frivolously."
Benton also castigated Trump for leaving Iowa Republicans "holding the bag" by pulling out at the last minute as the keynote speaker for the state party's annual Reagan fundraising dinner.
"Our candidate will not even consider participating in the late-December debate until Mr. Trump publicly apologizes to Iowa party leaders and rectifies in full the situation," Benton said.
Christopher Ruddy, chief executive of the conservative news organization Newsmax Media that is sponsoring the Des Moines debate, told The New York Times Friday Trump was selected because people "really love" him and see him as not "owned by the Washington establishment [or] the media establishment."
Trump, a wealthy real estate developer, told MSNBC he decided to take on the role of debate moderator for "a little change of pace" and thinks he has "a lot of good questions to ask."
The debate will be broadcast on ION Television, a week before the Iowa caucuses Jan. 3.

Read more: http://www.upi.com/Top_News/US/2011/12/03/Ron-Paul-skipping-Trump-debate/UPI-99021322959775/#ixzz1fZdXDGn4

Tylerdurden
12-04-2011, 08:35 AM
Of all the Candidates on the right who acts more presidential?

John Smith
12-04-2011, 08:55 AM
The libs may the the only ones who watch it. I wouldn't miss it. If I can't watch it live, I will record it.

John Smith
12-04-2011, 08:56 AM

Maybe he'll fire someone. That would be fun

John Smith
12-04-2011, 08:59 AM
Of all the Candidates on the right who acts more presidential?

Sadly, and with great sincerety, none of the above.

Huntsman seems to be the most presidential, but even he, when one digs a bit he doesn't pass muster either.

I don't think anyone who answers to Grover Norquist looks presidential.

bobbys
12-04-2011, 02:04 PM
Actually, this will be the ONLY Republican debate I'll watch. It's going to be SO much fun!!.

Then Having the Donald make libs watch will be proven to be a successful idea

Rich Jones
12-04-2011, 09:14 PM

Then Having the Donald make libs watch will be proven to be a successful idea

Yes, but we'll be watching for the amusement value. Plus, we want to see how far the GOP candidates will demean themselves by prostrating themselves at The Donald's feet.

Gerarddm
12-04-2011, 11:31 PM
Let me reverse this: has anybody formally accepted?

Meli
12-05-2011, 12:47 AM
I still don't understand WHY?:confused:
Why deliberately expose the flaws, idiocy or ignorance of your own presidential candidates, whether Dem or Lib.

RonW
12-07-2011, 11:00 AM
And besides Ron Paul and john Huntsman saying this is not proper and respectful of the position of a presidential candidate.

It is now official that Mitt Romney has also decided to not bow and kiss the ring of the trump..

RonW
12-07-2011, 11:39 AM
.he's finally agreed to do a Sunday show... his first, on 20 months. Needless to say.....

....it will be on Fox

Really.. I would have thought for sure it would be on MSNBC with Rachael Maddow, Larry Odonnel, Ed Schultz,
or maybe Al Sharpton..that would be much closer to his political positions..

leikec
12-07-2011, 11:43 AM
That's a hoot. He made his Trump announcement yesterday afternoon, on Neil Cavuto's TV show.

So much for hiding from the press.

He's hiding from the press he doesn't like--nothing new there. President Obama is as guilty as anyone in that regard.

Jeff C

RonW
12-07-2011, 11:48 AM
He's hiding from the press he doesn't like--nothing new there. President Obama is as guilty as anyone in that regard.

Uhh, Uhh , well, oh gee..I don't want to defend barry, but we need to be honest about these things...uhh..

I have seen more golf course and vacation photos in the last 3 years then I ever thought was possible......

RonW
12-07-2011, 11:54 AM
I hope michelle and santorium have enough sense to not enter the circus..

A debate between the newt and perry would be a blast....perry could ask newt for the answers to what he forgot..

pefjr
12-07-2011, 11:55 AM
will they all wear Trump wigs? ;-):D:DSat. Night Live should do that one.

SMARTINSEN
12-07-2011, 12:00 PM
Last I heard crazy Shelly was undecided, so that leaves Perry and Santorum unaccounted for. Maybe Trump can get Buddy Roemer and Gary Johnson to fill in the extra spaces.

You may just be right, Donn, and I would not even be surprised to see the whole thing cancelled, but any publicity is good publicity for the Donald.

BA.Barcolounger
12-07-2011, 12:03 PM

A debate between the newt and perry would be a blast....perry could ask newt for the answers to what he forgot..

Santorum accepted the invite.

Bachmann and Perry have not responded.

And Mitt's refusal was wishy washy. He didn't say he's not doing the debate because it would be un-presidential, he declined because of scheduling conflicts.

Last month, when he went to visit the donald, he snuck in through the back door so no press could get any pictures of him arriving for his ass kissing session.

S.V. Airlie
12-07-2011, 12:08 PM
If he declined how is that wishy washy? Secondly how do you know that it was not Trump who asked him for a meeting to get Romney to change his mind about not attending.*

S.V. Airlie
12-07-2011, 12:29 PM
OBama comes from Chicago and yet heads everywhere else but Chicago. You would think he would take a vacation there and not Nantucket and Hawaii.I mean Bush headed to Crawland, Reagan went to Ca., Not sure about Clinton and how he split his vacations. I sense going home was not fun for him.

BA.Barcolounger
12-07-2011, 01:08 PM
If he declined how is that wishy washy?

Because he weaseled out of saying that participating in a debate hosted by a Reality TV host is demeaning to the office of the president.

Secondly how do you know that it was not Trump who asked him for a meeting to get Romney to change his mind about not attending.*

The meeting was in October, before this debate thing was even planned.

Throughout the fall of this year, all of the GOP candidates besides Paul and Huntsman have visited Trump. Of the ones that did visit, all of them got their picture taken there - except Romney.

S.V. Airlie
12-07-2011, 01:20 PM
And you wouldn't decline BC. A bloody reality show. A farce. Go back to watching Martha Stewart or some other show. May be Cops..You apparently would love to be one one of those.Hey try that new show about designing clothing and a runway to push your wares.

G.Sherman
12-07-2011, 01:24 PM
Reality Show Candidates moderated by Reality Show Host- Great for TV ratings and publicity for Trump, bad for the nation.

BA.Barcolounger
12-07-2011, 02:16 PM
And you wouldn't decline BC. A bloody reality show. A farce. Go back to watching Martha Stewart or some other show. May be Cops..You apparently would love to be one one of those.Hey try that new show about designing clothing and a runway to push your wares.
http://www.myfacewhen.net/uploads/647-lol-wut.png

Gerarddm
12-07-2011, 02:53 PM
If true, RonW, then perhaps you shouldn't be spending so much time vacationing at golf courses, then.

Waddie
12-07-2011, 03:06 PM
Oy! What's next, the Kardashian sisters? Reporters from The National Enquirer? Naked mud wrestling?

ALL good ideas that would improve the political environment immensely. More fiction stories from Obama would also be nice.....

regards,
Waddie

S.V. Airlie
12-07-2011, 03:16 PM
http://www.myfacewhen.net/uploads/647-lol-wut.pngBest you can do? Not surprsed..

S.V. Airlie
12-07-2011, 03:17 PM
ALL good ideas that would improve the political environment immensely. More fiction stories from Obama would also be nice.....

regards,
WaddieOn the forum> You have to be kidding..LOL

BA.Barcolounger
12-07-2011, 03:20 PM
Best you can do? Not surprsed..

Just looking for a SVAirlie to English Translation, because this...

...makes no sense.

S.V. Airlie
12-07-2011, 03:23 PM
Do you forget your one post so quickly?*

wardd
12-07-2011, 05:55 PM

and newt would make stuff up

Gerarddm
12-08-2011, 08:56 PM
A flicker of sense from Perry.

RonW
12-09-2011, 07:27 AM
This is cool...Paul, huntsman, Romney, Bachmann, and now even Perry...

So the newt and Santorum wants the Presidency bad enough that they will kiss donald's ring and bow to the power....

elf
12-09-2011, 07:41 AM
So Perry and Bachman are chicken, eh?

Just another example of the herd mentality of Regressives.

RonW
12-09-2011, 07:46 AM
Elf ..
So Perry and Bachman are chicken, eh?

Just another example of the herd mentality of Regressives.

And the way us regressives see it, that you progressives don't, is called a respect for the office.

But then the great progressive (Billy) didn't have much respect for the office either, literally..

John Smith
12-09-2011, 07:59 AM
Elf ..

And the way us regressives see it, that you progressives don't, is called a respect for the office.

But then the great progressive (Billy) didn't have much respect for the office either, literally..

I don't think conservatives have shown all that much respect for the office, but that's not what this is about.

This is about too much respect for Trump who has put himself into the middle of this campaign and ought not be humored. I'm hoping the whole event fizzles away.

Tom Montgomery
12-09-2011, 08:47 AM
Romney, Perry, Huntsman, Bachmannn and Paul are all out.

I hear they have to attend a funeral.

http://images.cheezburger.com/completestore/2009/7/31/128935260903607212.jpg

SMARTINSEN
12-09-2011, 12:22 PM
Trump might scrub his GOP presidential debate (http://old.news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20111209/ap_on_el_pr/us_trump_republicans)

Lew Barrett
12-10-2011, 01:10 PM
Trump might scrub his GOP presidential debate (http://old.news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20111209/ap_on_el_pr/us_trump_republicans)

Interesting read. Trump is one of those people that one wishes might, one day, wake up and think: "Oh my God, I am so embarrassed." But in the real world, you sense that deep down he's such an egoist he'd never get to that place.

"She came up to see me four times. She would call me and ask me for advice," Trump said. "She said if she wins, she would like to think about me for the vice presidency. Most importantly, I did a two-hour phone call for her with her people. ... And after all that, she announced she was not going to do the debate. It's called loyalty. How do you do that? It's amazing to me." (Speaking of Bachmann)

John Smith
12-14-2011, 07:49 AM
Trump is one strange Dude. The fact that he gets so much coverage says something very uncomplimentary about our system.

He's also a liar. He knows damned well the "equal time" rules don't apply until he actually does run.

Nicholas Scheuer
12-14-2011, 10:51 AM
Another Repub flame-out.

He'd've very likely appointed Irvanna to a Cabinet Post. "She's HUGE, HUGE! When I attended the Wharton School, we learned that sex sells."