PDA

View Full Version : Sad Cities

David G
12-02-2011, 01:51 PM
This article from Men's Health discusses how happy the residents of various cities are. I know, I know... these articles are a bit silly. But, they are also a bit of fun... and might even be a bit illuminating. In the spirit of fairness... I have to note that that Portland, ME can stake a claim to being a happier place than Portland, OR. :rolleyes:

http://www.menshealth.com/best-life/frown-towns?cm_mmc=Yahoo_Health-_-America%E2%80%99s%20Saddest%20Cities-_-Slideshow-_-Frown%20Towns

switters
12-02-2011, 01:58 PM
interesting, Honolulu would be one of the last places on the list I would live. Probably just me though, when I lived in Hawaii I found I was susceptible to island fever. It is like cabin fever but instead of the walls I kept feeling the pacific ocean closing in and no place to go for solitude.

Curtism
12-02-2011, 02:16 PM
Pretty funny . . . our local fishwrap, The St Petersburg Times, ran an article this week disputing the claims by Mens Health Mag and debunking the methods that are used to compile such stats . . . which I also found humorous.

It's all fine and dandy when the results are favorable, eh? But let Florida get three major cities in the top ten of something like this and the fireworks commence. :d