PDA

View Full Version : Why I like Bank of America

RichKrough
11-30-2011, 01:14 PM
Last night I got a call ( a text and email also) about 6:30 pm from BOA customer service. Someone had gotten a hold of my payroll account number and was attempting to cash counterfeit payroll checks in the Rochester NY area at several supermarkets. BOA's fraud detection immediately caught it and froze my account. A 10 minute phone conversation last night and by this morning all funds had been restored with a new account number. No charge ,no hassle. (I do have to pay for new checks through my supplier.)

BOA has done a lot of things to deserve criticism. but they sure did right by me this time. Y>

Ted Hoppe
11-30-2011, 01:24 PM
would you like them at 4.00 a share?

http://www.google.com/finance/historical?q=NYSE:BAC

RichKrough
11-30-2011, 01:33 PM
would you like them at 4.00 a share?

http://www.google.com/finance/historical?q=NYSE:BAC

Irrelevant to my business .......

Someone asked me that same question when Ford dipped below $3 back in October of 2008. I sold it in April of this year.

skipper68
11-30-2011, 01:47 PM
Glad they have treated someone well.They could have drawn this out for at least 45 days. Make sure YOU change any auto payments, also. They have my (to me)Dad as being behind on a credit card he never had-still cant remove it from his credit report. He paid my (deceased)moms bill with a check from his separate account. They are using this info to try and attach his account. He wasn't even a authorized user. Same with Citi Bank and Sears. He had nothing to do with her accounts. Lesson-don't pay someones card bill with your personal checking account-get a money order. Fun Link:http://www.bing.com/search?q=bank+of+america+ruined+my+credit&qs=AS&sk=AS4&pq=bank%2520of%2520america%2520ru&sp=5&sc=8-18&form=QBLH

John of Phoenix
11-30-2011, 02:05 PM
Banks have changed their attitude about fraud. It used to be a cost that was just passed along to consumers until it got into the billions of dollars. After having my credit card number stolen last year (and running up almost $2000 in fradulent charges in two days) I had AXP set up an alert that triggers an email to me every time the card is used. The alert comes through on my phone while I'm standing at the register. Pretty slick.

I've had a number of calls from my company's fraud alert dept on suspicious client charges - an 80 yo client charging at a tattoo parlor, two cell phones purchased at the same time, charges in Italy when the client was in Hawaii, etc.

Glad they caught yours. That could have been very expensive.

Tylerdurden
11-30-2011, 02:12 PM
Shameful promotion of a most evil organization. I Love BOA because they take care of my business, who cares if they practiced mortgage fraud, market manipulation and working people get illegally forced out of their homes"

http://bankofamericasucks.com/

RichKrough
11-30-2011, 02:13 PM
Glad they have treated someone well.They could have drawn this out for at least 45 days. Make sure YOU change any auto payments, also. They have my (to me)Dad as being behind on a credit card he never had-still cant remove it from his credit report. He paid my (deceased)moms bill with a check from his separate account. They are using this info to try and attach his account. He wasn't even a authorized user. Same with Citi Bank and Sears. He had nothing to do with her accounts. Lesson-don't pay someones card bill with your personal checking account-get a money order.]

I have heard some pretty bad things about BOA's credit card division. I haven't had any issues with them yet. I had a problem with Citibank when I closed an account and they tried to debit me for closing an Apple charge account.( I only used the account to get a $100 off a laptop and never used the card again)

BTW Is your father in NY state? If so he cannot be held legally responsible for his wife's account if they were not joint accounts.Nor can he be held personally responsible if he is executor of her estate. I went through that with an relative, I had a collection agency harassing me over her Sears card 15 years after she was dead. It costs me about $250 for my lawyer to fix it .

RichKrough
11-30-2011, 02:17 PM
Shameful promotion of a most evil organization. I Love BOA because they take care of my business, who cares if they practiced mortgage fraud, market manipulation and working people get illegally forced out of their homes"

I still say Darth Vader was misunderstood.