PDA

View Full Version : Black Friday Fun at Wal Mart!

Dutch
11-25-2011, 02:38 PM
they always draw a classy crowd - what a way to spend a holiday weekend! :ycool:

Early signs point to bigger crowds at the nation's malls and stores as retailers like Target and Macy's opened their doors at midnight on the most anticipated shopping day of the year and a few others opened on Thanksgiving Day. Shoppers were mostly peaceful across the country, but a few violent incidents broke out as millions of shoppers rushed into stores and tensions flared.
It started on Thanksgiving, when Los Angeles authorities say 20 people at a local Walmart store suffered minor injuries when a woman used pepper spray to gain a "competitive" shopping advantage shortly after the store opened.
Then, early Friday in Fayetteville, N.C., gunfire erupted at Cross Creek Mall and police say they're looking for the two suspects involved. Separately, police say two women have been injured and a man charged after a fight broke out at an upstate New York Walmart. And a central Florida man is behind bars after a fight broke out at a jewelry counter in Walmart in Kissimmee, Fla.
Later Friday morning, a Phoenix television station KSAZ reported that witnesses say police slammed a grandfather in a Walmart in Buckeye, Ariz., to the ground after he allegedly put a game in his waistband so that he could lift his grandson out of the crowd.
The incidents are the result of two converging trends on Black Friday. The crowds continue to get bigger as retailers offer more incentives and longer hours. At the same time, shoppers are competing for a small group of products, instead of years past when there were several hot items from which they could choose.
"The more the people, the more the occurrences," says Marshal Cohen, chief industry analyst with market research firm The NPD Group.

rbgarr
11-25-2011, 03:27 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if the pepper spray and guns were prior purchases from Walmart. Or maybe the gunplay was just a couple of guys at the counter trying out their new purchases.

'Hey! Hold my beer. Watch this!'

http://www.peopleofwalmart.com/photos/top-rated

RichKrough
11-25-2011, 04:00 PM
All calm at my Walmart last night SWMBO and I were in the 2 hr queue for the XBox 360 deal. The queue was setup in the house wares section so I was standing watch for any trouble that might arise, I felt safest when we were on the knife aisle, anybody who dared cut line there would have been dressed out like a deer. I was a bit worried on the linen isle though, best I would been able to do is strangle someone with a set of Spiderman sheets.

One asian lady was real suspicious, she cut through the line saying she was only seeking the $6 toaster. We all kept a close watch on her. You know them slanty eyed people can get pretty sneaky! ( I saw "Midway!" on TV) I was prepared to remind her that Remington .270s were on sale over in sportings goods for $275 and I wasn't afraid to stand in that line and buy one if the need to exercise my second amendment rights arose. Lucky for her she took her toaster and left!

It's great to be an American, G-Dammit!

RonW
11-25-2011, 04:19 PM
When will the pictures be out ?

Dutch
11-25-2011, 05:32 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tNqogT_96tU

Dutch
11-25-2011, 05:42 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ohxbmdIP1oA&feature=player_embedded

Dutch
11-25-2011, 05:44 PM
story on the above video

BUCKEYE, Ariz. - Black Friday kicked off Thursday night at about 9 p.m.
Toys “R” Us was the first store to open its doors, but it was the Walmart in Buckeye that ended up getting police involved.
Some witnesses told Fox 10 that the actions taken by a police officer during a fight at that Walmart were wrong, but Buckeye police have a different story.
Witnesses told Fox 10 Friday morning that a grandfather was with his grandson and wife looking at video games. They said that people were tearing the box of games apart, trying to get to the videos, and a woman ended up getting punched.
Then the grandson was trampled on in all the mayhem -- even cutting his lip. His grandpa put the game in his waistband so that he could lift the boy out of the crowd, according to some witnesses.
Witnesses said that's when a police officer grabbed the man and slammed him to the ground – possibly thinking he was stealing the game.
On a cell phone video taken at the Walmart, blood can be seen streaming from the grandfather's face. But witnesses said police didn't believe anything was wrong until they turned the man over.
One man said he saw the whole thing and that it was uncalled for.
“You would have thought there was a cure for cancer in this box,” said shopper Skyler Stone. “I mean people were literally going insane.
“They grabbed the guy, body planted him into the ground -- face shatters on concrete. That's a hard concrete floor inside Walmart.
“All of a sudden, you see this little boy run up and wailing and yelling, ‘Grandpa, Grandpa,’ and crying his eyes out,” Stone said.
Witnesses said the man had about $600 worth of electronics that he was purchasing and wasn't trying to steal anything. They said he was just trying to get his grandson out of harm's way.

But on Friday afternoon, Buckeye police told Fox 10 a vastly different story.
The Buckeye police chief said the officer’s actions were justified and that the cell phone video of the fight showed only the very end of it. They said the Walmart's surveillance cameras did not capture the beginning of the fight.
Buckeye police have arrested the grandpa, 54-year-old Jerald Newman, after he was treated at a local hospital. He faces charges of resisting arrest and shoplifting.
Police said when the officer asked Newman about the video game he put in his waistband, he began flailing his arms.
A leg sweep was used on Newman, who hit his head when he fell and began bleeding, police said.
Because force was used in the arrest, the incident is under investigation. The officer involved is still on the job.