PDA

View Full Version : As much as I hate to say it, I find myself agreeing with Chinese state media more oft

Ray Frechette Jr
11-22-2011, 10:33 AM
Than not these days.

Well, maybe that isa bit much. Let's edit that to say a lot more than I ever did before...

http://news.yahoo.com/chinese-state-media-says-u-ignoring-debt-bomb-113846931.html

John Smith
11-22-2011, 10:43 AM
I'm not sure I'd assign China all that much credibility, considering their artificially low currency, low wages, and aperiodic 'dumping' of goods to buy market share.

I tried the link and got a blank page, and had to restart my computer.

Ray Frechette Jr
11-22-2011, 10:54 AM
I'm not sure I'd assign China all that much credibility, considering their artificially low currency, low wages, and aperiodic 'dumping' of goods to buy market share.

I agree with their complaint of us. That doesn't mean I think they are clean and white as the wind driven snow Norm.

But that is the thing we can see our partners faults and shortcomings more than our own.

Andrew Craig-Bennett
11-22-2011, 11:06 AM
I agree with Ray. The Chinese english-language media are interesting; I have been told they are primarily intended as a learning resource for Chinese citizens studying English, and not as a simple "propaganda device". The system was set up by Soong ChingLing, a lady for whom the Chinese feel much as Americans feel about George Washington . Unless there is a particular issue where the Party has a view of what should and what should not be said, the media are pretty much free to report "straight" (they are not however free to editorialise as they like!). So if a Chinese leader makes a speech on international affairs, the chances are that it will be reported "straight".