Status Check - 16 June 02, Just when you think...

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ed Harrow
    Retro Member #1235
    • Mar 2000

Status Check - 16 June 02, Just when you think...

Well no picture again. The hard drive is in the process of crashing, I've saved (I think) all of the website, but for reasons known only to MS, I can't open the file now that I've copied it into our other computer...

So, no picture of Finbar in his handsome, blue, Elizabethan collar. No picture of the dumpster Skill 825 now that it's all cleaned up. No picture of my rescued-from-the-trash new workbench. No picture of the progress that I actually did make...

I now have two bits of threaded rod thru keel and gripe (one actually thru a floor as well), with pieces of angle iron to spread the load, and I am begining to take up the gap between the keel and gripe.

This leads to a question: There are several bolts which have resisted all reasonable attempts to remove them. There seem to be two choices. One is to go with another custom-made hole saw, the other is to take the Sawzall, cut the bolts thru the joint, and then drill some new holes and use threaded rod there. Simply tightening the threaded rod does not seem an option as the existing bolts are keeping the surfaces apart.

This may be overkill, but it seems to me that getting this joint tight will help hold things together when the boat gets wiggled and jiggled in the process of removing the ballast.

I'm on the road this week, so be good while I'm away.

[ 06-16-2002, 08:55 PM: Message edited by: Ed Harrow ]
    "Congress doesn't regulate Wall Street, Wall Street regulates Congress."

MAKE WAY! MAKE WAY! "I have heard of some kind of men that put quarrels purposely on others."

As a general rule, the better it felt when you said it, the more trouble it's going to get you into.

International Financial Conspirator, Collaborator, Gun Runner, Ace Philosopher-King and all-around smartie pants
  • Ed Harrow
    Retro Member #1235
    • Mar 2000

Any thoughts on this, or am I on my own...
    "Congress doesn't regulate Wall Street, Wall Street regulates Congress."

MAKE WAY! MAKE WAY! "I have heard of some kind of men that put quarrels purposely on others."

As a general rule, the better it felt when you said it, the more trouble it's going to get you into.

International Financial Conspirator, Collaborator, Gun Runner, Ace Philosopher-King and all-around smartie pants

Comment

• Dave Fleming
      Old Geezer #577
      • Sep 1999

Look in harrow.org e-mail.
      "Lord, grant that I may always desire more than I can accomplish"
      Michelangelo

Comment

• MR. KNOW IT ALL
        • Nov 2001

ED.....When the weather turns nice here on the north coast, it's the only time we get anything done outside. My usual 2 or 3 hours a day on the internet has been greatly reduced because....... "it's really nice outside" and SWMBO says I need a tan. I blinded the neighbors by wearing shorts while cutting the grass yesterday. That coupled with the fact that I have no Idea what you are talking about still won't keep me from posting a reply. You're never on your own in here pal.

Peace----> Kevin in Ohio

Comment

Working...