PDA

View Full Version : Help!! I think I'm being hit on!!

Meli
11-10-2011, 02:50 AM
l:d There's a crew of contractors (:D)working in the library at the moment. Building shelves and re arranging the collection.
Big job.

There's this big Fijian bloke always chatting to me when I'm working. About my age (52) ( I shelve the returned books)
It's fairly heavy work and he's always popping over to help me lift heavy stuff.

Yesterday at 1pm as he was knocking off for lunch and said, "come on, lets go have some lunch"
I said, "sorry, I don't finish till 2pm, then I have to get my kids from school"

Today, he was locked out of the underground car park (contractors don't get a swipe thing) I came in and swiped my card and let him in.
Later he came over and said "thanks, I was waiting for an angel" :eek: :D

Now I was married for 28 years and wouldn't recognise a chat up line if it came with red ribbons and silver bells.:D

He's kinda cute, but It's also kinda embarrassing

The Bigfella
11-10-2011, 03:30 AM
Make sure you check for security cameras if you want to act on it

Waddie
11-10-2011, 03:31 AM
You don't want help -- you're just braggin' !!! :)

regards,
Waddie

Meli
11-10-2011, 03:41 AM
No, seriously I'm not bragging.
I havent cold dated seriously for ever.

I don't do the one night/ casual date thing. Too old, too hurt, too scared.
And his pursuit and language while perfectly respectful, seems a tad over the top. "waiting for an Angel???" sheesh :D I'm hardly that :D

Maybe it's just a cultural difference? I'm too used to Aussie blokes reticence. :D

I wish Botebum was still here or any other islanders :D

skuthorp
11-10-2011, 04:17 AM
:dYou cute little thing you................ Run a mile!!r

Meli
11-10-2011, 04:24 AM
Yep, that's my inclination :D

But I suppose having lunch wouldn't hurt.
It's not like he's a perm Co worker.
I just wish he was a tad more discrete :ROFLMAO (well sort of :D) It's getting emarassing

PeterSibley
11-10-2011, 04:28 AM
Toss a coin .

skuthorp
11-10-2011, 04:29 AM
"But I suppose having lunch wouldn't hurt."
I think I'll file that for future reference. OTOH, he's an islander, maybe he can sail.

Meli
11-10-2011, 04:32 AM
Maybe I'll ask him :D
I could do with an adoring, well muscled bloke around my place :D......

To fix the roof and chimney :D

Paul Pless
11-10-2011, 05:46 AM
A librarian. . . . . .what a dream hookup.:D

Meli
11-10-2011, 05:55 AM
yer, thats what worries me. Men have strange ideas about librarians.
maybe someone could explain?:confused:

Soundbounder
11-10-2011, 06:05 AM
yer, thats what worries me. Men have strange ideas about librarians.
maybe someone could explain?:confused:There is an Odd Couple episode about this.

“Felix is dating a wholesome librarian who looks familiar to Murray. Then he remembers he busted her for indecent exposure – as an actress in a nude play!”

Meli
11-10-2011, 06:14 AM
There is an Odd Couple episode about this.

“Felix is dating a wholesome librarian who looks familiar to Murray. Then he remembers he busted her for indecent exposure – as an actress in a nude play!”

Ah, The old "virginial with hidden passion and intellect thrown in" bit ?
Oh Dear :D

McMike
11-10-2011, 06:15 AM
Yeah, he's making a go at you and if you're not quick you miss the opportunity. If he seems cool, go for it!!

Meli
11-10-2011, 06:23 AM
that's the problem, he's not cool, ..well lets just say , in front of my collegues and boss it's becoming a bit obvious.
All perfectly sweet and respectful but a bit ... I dunno.. not what one expects at work.

How do I explain? he doesnt exactly follow me around, but every time we cross paths, he stops work and greets me, or stops what he's doing to help me lift something or carry something. I'm not used to this sort of attention.

Paul Pless
11-10-2011, 06:26 AM
Ah, The old "virginial with hidden passion and intellect thrown in" bit ?
Oh Dear :DAyup, but, we'll give you a pass on the intellect part.;)

Meli
11-10-2011, 06:31 AM
Well thank you kind sir :D

Bit old for the other one:D

WX
11-10-2011, 06:36 AM
Do a coffee first, if it gets embarrassing then you don't have to sit though a whole meal.:)

The Bigfella
11-10-2011, 06:36 AM
Yeah.... its tough when you have to fight them off with a stick....

http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff112/igatenby/Bali%20and%20a%20bit%20of%20Gili%20T/017-1.jpg

Meli
11-10-2011, 06:38 AM
Crikey, is there one of you with a lampshade?

Er no forget I asked :D

Meli
11-10-2011, 06:43 AM
Do a coffee first, if it gets embarrassing then you don't have to sit though a whole meal.:)

Hmm. i'd still have to see him at work.
I think I'll just be my usual smiley self ( he says he likes my always smiley face:rolleyes:) till he's finished the contract (:p) in a few weeks, then if he's really interested..maybe coffee.

Paul Pless
11-10-2011, 06:46 AM
Yeah.... its tough when you have to fight them off with a stick....

http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff112/igatenby/Bali%20and%20a%20bit%20of%20Gili%20T/017-1.jpg

Located in the heart o night life and entertainment complex in kuta, we proudly present Bounty Discotheque to you. Bounty Discotheque is designe as one stop entertainment centre where you can play or hear any kind of entertainment needs. A real discotheque with great atmosphere and unique decoration of old legendary ship of HMS Bounty …. Best describe as unique combination of discotheque, restaurant, fashion show venue, foam party venue, sexy dancer performance, DJ battle merged into one. It’s the only major discotheque in Bali, and the only discotheque committed to featuring integrated entertainment in one place …We present wide variety of entertainment such as Live Percussion, Foam party, Free Drinking Competition, Pool table, Fashion Show and Moda, Go Go Dancers, Muscle Show, Drag Queen, Live Music and Karaoke and Live DJ performance spinning Funky Progressive Modern House, Electro House, Hip Hop and RnB. Bounty Discotheque provides three main bars for you: Taveren Bar, Captain Bar and Harbour Bar. It also presents the Kuta’s Largest and loudest sound-system, ahuge dance floor and hundreads head shaking guest every night of the week, its the most perfect place to party in Bali. Bounty Discotheque is extremely Bali’s most sophisticated discotheque in Kuta. Music is our inspiration. Fuel your adrenaline …DANCE HARD and PARTY HARD at Bounty Discotheque.

Foam Party and Drag Queens?

The Bigfella
11-10-2011, 06:50 AM
Harsh mate, harsh.

ChaseKenyon
11-10-2011, 07:52 AM
No, seriously I'm not bragging.
I havent cold dated seriously for ever.

I don't do the one night/ casual date thing. Too old, too hurt, too scared.
And his pursuit and language while perfectly respectful, seems a tad over the top. "waiting for an Angel???" sheesh :D I'm hardly that :D

Maybe it's just a cultural difference? I'm too used to Aussie blokes reticence. :D

I wish Botebum was still here or any other islanders :D

It sounds like he naturally uses forms that are of respect and endearment in conversation.
THere are still some of us who consider any woman "a Lady" until proven otherwise.
Sweetheart, Angel, My Lady, me love or my love here in the states are all words that can be taken three ways.

1 as an insult implying they are less as a person in the circumstances (like felling giant trees with a chainsaw professionally as a job, or giving them the easy horse 'cause they are female.

2 they can be taken as false lines used as a come on by prowlers of the male population. They are imitating number 3 (next one) thinking it will work for them.

3 It can just be a re-assurance that a bloke has no less than honorable intentions towards you and respects you fully as a person and woman. I have found over the years that I get phone numbers and more with out asking, just for being a respectful person who obviously finds said woman interesting or beautiful or just nice to talk with. So the group 2 guys keep trying to imitate what blokes like me say. They don't understand that If the words are intended to deceive and or are not a personal old fashioned way of talk and actions using my words will never get them the p;hon numbers and go out for coffee and dinner and so on.

So deep six the first group and never trust the second group.

The third group is up to you single person by person. I would suggest that someones up bringing and their culture be kept in mind.

In my case I was raised strictly as an "officer and gentleman" from the time I learned to walk. I was given my own Zippo at age five to take to weddings and other formal or even semi formal events as an Off. and Gent. is always prepared to lite a lady's cigarette even if he does not smoke.

Dad was a very high ranking Naval Officer when I was born, and ended up going all the way to O7 before final retirement from the NAVY reserve.

Soundbounder
11-10-2011, 10:16 AM
Be sure to write everything down, just in case he runs for President someday.

brad9798
11-10-2011, 10:26 AM
You are 52? WOW! WOW! I thought you were in your early 30s ... at the oldest ...

Mrleft8
11-10-2011, 10:37 AM
We all like to know that someone thinks us attractive, even if we have no inclination to act on impulse.
Some people are just genuinely gracious. I learned a long time ago that being flirtaciously polite to people you have no romantic interest in makes them feel better, and doesn't hurt you at all.

SchoonerRat
11-10-2011, 10:40 AM
Weather you act on it or not, enjoy it!

Somebody finds you attractive! That's gotta make you feel ...good.

He's being respectful and helpful. Is this bad?

You're in control. The poor schmuck can do nothing but hope. You don't need help - he does!

signed

Been There Done That

ishmael
11-10-2011, 10:44 AM
Getting back into the dating scene after a hiatus can be a bit daunting. If he seems like a nice guy, go out with him! I like the idea of a casual lunch or coffee at first, so you can chat and get to know each other better.

Life is short, and not getting any longer.

B_B
11-10-2011, 10:48 AM
...every time we cross paths, he stops work and greets me, or stops what he's doing to help me lift something or carry something...
Rat bastid.

Paul Pless
11-10-2011, 10:49 AM
I wish Botebum was still here or any other islanders :DI have his phone number if you want it.:D

Yeadon
11-10-2011, 10:51 AM
I married a librarian. We have lots of books.

Mrleft8
11-10-2011, 10:54 AM
Getting back into the dating scene after a hiatus can be a bit daunting. If he seems like a nice guy, go out with him! I like the idea of a casual lunch or coffee at first, so you can chat and get to know each other better.

Life is short, and not getting any longer.
Sounds like a personal problem.... ;)

bobbys
11-10-2011, 11:28 AM
Put your hair up in a granny bun and put on thick eye glass's, Wear a business suit and ask him to stay after work to help you organize the science books, Have a bottle of rum just in case he needs to loosen up, Tawk all smart like wit big words then tell him what a handsome lad he is, Then get close i mean real close,,,

Hey wait a second this is my fantasy how did you get in it!.

Why you Tart!.

http://www.sitcomsonline.com/photopost/data/749/BevH_048.jpg

Phillip Allen
11-10-2011, 11:41 AM
tell him you just want to be "friends" and see what happens :)

Syed
11-10-2011, 11:44 AM
Photos needed for expert opinions. :cool:

Hwyl
11-10-2011, 11:46 AM
Go for it

Paul Pless
11-10-2011, 11:46 AM
Photos needed for expert opinions. :cool:of Meli, in her librarian getup (don't forget the glasses); not the big Fijian guy. . .

switters
11-10-2011, 12:14 PM
Jane Hathaway, Televisions first cougar. Go bobbys!

Meli
11-10-2011, 03:17 PM
put your hair up in a granny bun and put on thick eye glass's, wear a business suit and ask him to stay after work to help you organize the science books, have a bottle of rum just in case he needs to loosen up, tawk all smart like wit big words then tell him what a handsome lad he is, then get close i mean real close,,,

hey wait a second this is my fantasy how did you get in it!.

Why you tart!.

http://www.sitcomsonline.com/photopost/data/749/bevh_048.jpg

roflmao

:d

ChaseKenyon
11-10-2011, 03:44 PM
We all like to know that someone thinks us attractive, even if we have no inclination to act on impulse.
Some people are just genuinely gracious. I learned a long time ago that being flirtaciously polite to people you have no romantic interest in makes them feel better, and doesn't hurt you at all.

Well said my friend.

a nice simple description of most of what I was attempting to convey.

It does though still apply when it is someone you might develop a romantic interest in.

:D:d;)

johnw
11-10-2011, 05:30 PM
Have lunch with him, where's the harm in that? If you wait till the job's done, he might think you keep putting him off because you're not interested.

As to why men are attracted to librarians, having dated one in college, may I suggest it's the large frontal lobes? On the brain, I mean, get your mind out of the gutter. Some fellas really like to talk to a woman who is smart.

Mrleft8
11-10-2011, 06:10 PM
Librarians are "smart"?..... Then why do they keep voting for Ron Paul? :D

purri
11-10-2011, 06:14 PM
Maybe he wants you for your wardrobe.... (Fa'afines and all that)

Chris Coose
11-10-2011, 06:27 PM
Read the whole thread and I can't find what kind of boat's he got?

johnw
11-10-2011, 06:39 PM
Librarians are "smart"?..... Then why do they keep voting for Ron Paul? :D

You're thinking of libertines.

http://www.artoftheprint.com/jpegimages/hogarth_william_arakesprogress_3.jpg

Mrleft8
11-10-2011, 08:12 PM
Libertines are good with peanut butter and strawberry jam. Gotta have Orange Koolaid too.....

Meli
11-10-2011, 09:23 PM
Hmm.
Gorn off him a bit. He came over to help me move a mobile shelf and said " I'll move it, Ladies shouldn't lift more than 5kg " :eek: :D

Cant see myself with floppy hat and flower trug pruning roses somehow so I told him "thats OK , I used to do the van run ":D

skuthorp
11-10-2011, 09:31 PM
He's keen. I wonder what his passport status is, or am I being overly cynical. Maybe he thinks your beautiful, or maybe he thinks that single ladies 'of a certain age' are easy marks.

Meli
11-10-2011, 09:39 PM
Thanks a lot !!:rolleyes: :D

The Bigfella
11-10-2011, 09:41 PM
Checked his partner status yet?

Meli
11-10-2011, 09:53 PM
I regularly go around asking blokes that talk to me at work about their missus and kids:rolleyes:. He hasn't mentioned either in general conversation when my kids come up so I'll assume he has neither .......or praps not :D

Nah, forget it. These overly "gentlemanly" types can be a PITA :D

McMike
11-10-2011, 09:56 PM
I regularly go around asking blokes that talk to me at work about their missus and kids:rolleyes:. He hasn't mentioned either in general conversation when my kids come up so I'll assume he has neither .......or praps not :D

Nah, forget it. These overly "gentlemanly" types can be a PITA :D

You're such a wimp. :p. You brought it up because you're interested. Maybe you were hoping someone would talk you out of it but you're curious. GO FOR IT! :)

Meli
11-10-2011, 10:06 PM
yep I'm a wimp:D

Nah, he's trying too hard. Travelling came up today. Later he was telling me how people who travel and read books have a different outlook on life than other people.:rolleyes:

Glad I didn't mention the boat :D

wharf rat
11-10-2011, 10:31 PM
Uh, is there a possibility that maybe he's just homesick and he's missing his mum? He can't be there to take care of her and he feels guilty. He sees you doing things and he tries to help. It assuages his conscience.

Maybe what he really wants is a good home cooked meal and a little fussing over. After all, he is a stranger in a strange land.

Maybe he was raised to respect women and...

WHAT AM I SAYING???!!!

HE'S EVIL! WATCH OUT!!

Unless he has a really neat boat then it's ok. :D

Meli
11-10-2011, 10:44 PM
ROFLMAO

first brad is stunned that I'm 52
Then Scully recons he's just after a visa OR thinks it's because I'm 52 :D

Now you come and tell me I remind him of his MUM!!! :D

Bastards :D

Now that's a good idea:D I'll just drop a book on my foot and let fly with a genteel crow call. In dulcet tones of course

brad9798
11-10-2011, 11:41 PM
Oh my ... you are really 52? Good on you, Meli! Good on you. :)

The Bigfella
11-10-2011, 11:47 PM

... and still thinking about sex. Amazing eh?

brad9798
11-10-2011, 11:51 PM
AMEN, Bigfella!!!!!

Mrleft8
11-11-2011, 12:33 AM
He's prolly an axe murderer.

purri
11-11-2011, 01:14 AM
... and still thinking about sex. Amazing eh?

No so much, depends what's on "offer".

Meli
11-11-2011, 01:31 AM
Who said anything about sex?

He looked like a dab hand with a power drill er.... screwdriver? er hammer?....... OH damm :D

The Bigfella
11-11-2011, 01:32 AM
I do believe he's planning on getting on'er and off'er

Meli
11-11-2011, 01:38 AM
^Australian male suavity in action :rolleyes:

An I'm not planning to onner an offer so too bad :p:

Meli
11-11-2011, 01:47 AM
He's prolly an axe murderer.

nah, prolly just a born again christian with 8 kids and a missus back home.

Stop it :D he's prolly just tangle footed, shy, and out of his depth being surrounded with all those bespectacled bun wearing besuited intellectual librarians all day every day.:D

Meli
11-11-2011, 01:55 AM

Yes brad, I really am 52. If I was late thirties I would have been married at about 8 or 9. :D

At 52, I'm 15 years ahead :D

Meli
11-11-2011, 02:35 AM
Actually, I'm thinking of excuses not to date anyone really.
I dont get a creepy feeling from this bloke, maybe he's trying a bit too hard and I find that weird.
His car is clean, he's always well presented in clean jeans and t shirt, no smell or signs of alcohol and he listens and laughs at my conversation.
After a 28 year marriage and the person turning into (or prolly always was) a vindictive, selfish,Bully, uncaring of his kids and totally alian.

I suspect my judgement

johnw
11-11-2011, 03:45 AM
At 58, I always suspect my judgement, as well. Sometimes, you have to leave it to the other person. Keep in mind, at our age, anyone trying seems a bit weird. I can tell you enough about that, mostly women who thought I had more money than I did, but hey, not everyone is a vindictive, selfish bully, and at our age, it's easy to forget that, too. It's entirely possible that someone quite nice could like you. Would you want to miss out on that?

I'm an old bachelor, a silverback with a taste for screwball comedies, but you can't expect me to be so cynical as to give up on the possibility of someone our age finding love. Has your library a copy of Miss Pettigrew Lives for a Day? Read that, and tell me love dies off at 30.

Meli
11-11-2011, 03:54 AM
Thanks John, I'm also a bit suspicious that good men are not single at 50.
Of cause thats just nonsense as good women are single at 50.:D

I just feel that the nice ones are snapped up by the 35+ brigade :D

ishmael
11-11-2011, 04:00 AM
So, have you gone out with him yet? A nice part of being in your fifties, at least in my experience, is that you can take your time and actually get to know someone, without the flurry of hormones that dominate our twenties and thirties.

My current love interest just turned 53. Our romance is over the phone at the moment, yet we've known each other since we were children, without having seen each other in twenty years, and have always been in love with each other, through all the joys and tribulations that lay in between.

Um, if you like this guy, get to know him better. By all means, set some boundaries. Spending time together could be good, or you could run screaming the other direction. Impossible to know without more time spent together.

Soundbounder
11-11-2011, 04:03 AM
His car is cleanThis is a tell-tale sign?

And if you're not really interested in him, what were you doing inspecting his car?

Meli
11-11-2011, 04:18 AM
So, have you gone out with him yet? A nice part of being in your fifties, at least in my experience, is that you can take your time and actually get to know someone, without the flurry of hormones that dominate our twenties and thirties.

Hah, :D

My current love interest just turned 53. Our romance is over the phone at the moment, yet we've known each other since we were children, without having seen each other in twenty years, and have always been in love with each other, through all the joys and tribulations that lay in between.

Um, if you like this guy, get to know him better. By all means, set some boundaries. Spending time together could be good, or you could run screaming the other direction. Impossible to know without more time spent together.

Yeah, I'll see what eventuates.

I have had about 10 RSVP (internet dates) in the second year of my singledom. 50% nice 50% tossers. no sparks.
I gave up on that.

I dont mind being on my own with the kids, enjoying freedom ect, but 30 years of it seems a bit grim.
Neither am I willing to take a chance on the first bloke that shows a keen interest a naturally occurring meeting.

Oh Bugger, I'll see how things develop

There's big differences here, social, cultural... maybe that's why I'm kinda interested and kinda scared.
Seems like he tries to change his approach every time he learns a bit more about me.
Since I told him I restore furniture and do heavy work, I've stopped being a delicate flower and now he says I'm a strong woman.
I'm accshully a little bit, 5'7 and 60 kg

Gaaah

My dad was a tradie, so it's not that.

skuthorp
11-11-2011, 04:22 AM
Actually, I'm thinking of excuses not to date anyone really.
I dont get a creepy feeling from this bloke, maybe he's trying a bit too hard and I find that weird.
His car is clean, he's always well presented in clean jeans and t shirt, no smell or signs of alcohol and he listens and laughs at my conversation.
After a 28 year marriage and the person turning into (or prolly always was) a vindictive, selfish,Bully, uncaring of his kids and totally alien.

I suspect my judgement

How big is he?

Meli
11-11-2011, 04:36 AM
This is a tell-tale sign?

And if you're not really interested in him, what were you doing inspecting his car?

I let him into the car park remember? :D
My car is a unwashed mess, full of tools, boat bits, and kids clothes.:D

How big is he?

Bout 6' muscled with a little extra. my Ex was only about 2" taller than me. not physically violent (well mildly,only a few times till I called the cops)

Soundbounder
11-11-2011, 04:43 AM
My car is a unwashed mess, full of tools, boat bits, and kids clothes.:D

Let's hope he is not on another forum right now discussing this. :p

skuthorp
11-11-2011, 04:50 AM

:D:D

Meli
11-11-2011, 05:01 AM

I can see it now.:D
Theres this woman at work I'm kinda interested in.
she's cute, about my age, always smiley
But...
She heaves bookshelves about and restores furniture as a hobby :eek:.
Do you think she might be gay??
her car is a filthy mess,

Andrew Craig-Bennett
11-11-2011, 05:54 AM
Thanks John, I'm also a bit suspicious that good men are not single at 50.
Of cause thats just nonsense as good women are single at 50.:D

I just feel that the nice ones are snapped up by the 35+ brigade :D

I reckon I am a good man - steady job, don't hit people, don't drink, good parent, not bad looking, even a good cook - and I found myself single at 57 because my wife found a bloke she liked better. Yes, I've since been snapped up, but I was so "out of practice" that when she who has now snapped me up first looked at me, my oldest and best friend had to say, "Don't stand there like a stunned mullet - get her phone number!" |:)

skuthorp
11-11-2011, 06:01 AM
It's interesting what baggage people bring to their relationships that after the first flush of enthusiasm becomes a burden for both.
If anything happened to my partner I don't think I'd want to be 'snapped up' again.

(Now that looks weird in print! The two remarks are actually separate and about two different people!)

Meli
11-11-2011, 06:11 AM
Funny you should say that. It never ceases to amaze me how quickly some men replace a wife/partner after a bereavement. I've come to the conclusion they just get lonely faster.

Baggage comes with a second marriage, it's how well you pack with the heavy stuff at the bottom that counts:D

skuthorp
11-11-2011, 06:15 AM
Nah Meli, they just can't look after themselves. They really want a servant but a partner isn't subject to industrial regulations and regular hours with overtime and holidays and weekends off.

Meli
11-11-2011, 06:23 AM
harsh :)

but then I'm a tad naive :)

The Bigfella
11-11-2011, 06:29 AM

Can we quote you?

skuthorp
11-11-2011, 06:29 AM
Meli that's the only reason many of them got married in the first place, a cook, washerwoman, housekeeper etc with, they fondly imagine, cheap sex laid on as well.

ChrisBen
11-11-2011, 06:40 AM

Can we quote you?Umm... Ya jest did. http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r133/loki59/razz.gif

http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r133/loki59/28.gif

Andrew Craig-Bennett
11-11-2011, 06:41 AM
Meli that's the only reason many of them got married in the first place, a cook, washerwoman, housekeeper etc with, they fondly imagine, cheap sex laid on as well.

This is a wooden boat forum, so everyone here must surely know, "If it floats flies or f.... it's cheaper by the hour!"

Meli
11-11-2011, 06:43 AM
Can we quote you?

yep, It gives you an easy out :D

There's an old bloke down the road. At least 80 whos wife died a few years back. she was a strict catholic and a bit hard.
Old beau hooked up with an old friend within months.
They are so sweet, live separately (and the old bloke is very independant) but they wander down the road hand in hand.

I think you are being hard, Some blokes just cant cope on there own.

I know a couple of younger blokes too. Wives died. one of these men nursed his wife through a year of incredible pain and publicly grieved.
He found a new love within 18 months, he still mentions his first and no 2 is cool with it. he just got so lonely and depressed. new wife is good (came with two teenage daughters) saving of him.

Andrew Craig-Bennett
11-11-2011, 06:48 AM
I agree with Meli.

I was coping on my own with two boys. I am acquiring a bonus smaller boy with the package. Huge saving in clothes and Lego!:d

skuthorp
11-11-2011, 06:53 AM
I just remember some of the hopeless drongos I knew in my teens, and see their equivalent about still but I suppose their mothers never bothered to teach them self sufficiency. Mine did.

Meli
11-11-2011, 06:54 AM
No you weren't :D
never stopped whinging.

sorry, thats for ACB :D

Andrew Craig-Bennett
11-11-2011, 07:10 AM
Pxxx off! Last night after work I made scones, a Dundee cake, French onion soup and a shepherd's pie left in the fridge for their mother to feed them when she calls to see them today; I also did some washing and ironing. In fact I reckon, and indeed I am told, that I am a blxxxy good catch! :D

Paul Pless
11-11-2011, 07:12 AM
Nah Meli, they just can't look after themselves. They really want a servant but a partner isn't subject to industrial regulations and regular hours with overtime and holidays and weekends off.I really wish katherine had gotten up before this morning and stoked the woodstoves and made pancakes for breakfast. As it is, I'm sitting in a cold house drinking black coffee. . .

Meli
11-11-2011, 07:15 AM
Pxxx off! Last night after work I made scones, a Dundee cake, French onion soup and a shepherd's pie left in the fridge for their mother to feed them when she calls to see them today; I also did some washing and ironing. In fact I reckon, and indeed I am told, that I am a blxxxy good catch! :D

ironing??? well you'd drive me bonkers :D

Andrew Craig-Bennett
11-11-2011, 07:18 AM
I sub contract the car cleaning in exchange for pocket money...:d

Syed
11-11-2011, 10:26 AM
Andrew, you are lucky to have very noble contractors around. :)

Andrew Craig-Bennett
11-11-2011, 10:29 AM
Syed - they are lucky to have a good regular customer living in the same house! Besides I think they make most of the mess inside the car!

Mrleft8
11-11-2011, 10:36 AM
Ironing?...... Didn't that go out of vogue with starching the undergarments?....:D

Tylerdurden
11-11-2011, 10:46 AM
Some women cannot tell when they are being hit on. Then you get the ones where they think every dude is hitting on them. I tend not to waste time on either as there is generally nothing of interest there. If I am looking for a well used car it better be either damn reliable or rare. Not many of those around.

The Bigfella
11-11-2011, 05:23 PM
Some women cannot tell when they are being hit on. Then you get the ones where they think every dude is hitting on them. I tend not to waste time on either as there is generally nothing of interest there. If I am looking for a well used car it better be either damn reliable or rare. Not many of those around.

Well there's an insight. Equating women with inanimate objects. Yeah, figures.

Ron Williamson
11-12-2011, 01:10 PM
I think TD dropped the ball so I'm just going to spill it.
This guy is a mole ,working for the People's Front of Fijia ,and is trying to ruin Australia by bringing down the library system.
It's pretty obvious to me that he is chatting you up so that he can get illicit access to the returns trolley.
IMHO, he is either changing the Dewey Decimal numbers or returning his own late books on your trolley.
Have you noticed either a label-maker/sticky-tape shaped or book/rolled up magazine shaped bulge anywhere on his person?
If so,you should report him immediately!
R

Meli
11-12-2011, 03:09 PM
i think td dropped the ball so i'm just going to spill it.
This guy is a mole ,working for the people's front of fijia ,and is trying to ruin australia by bringing down the library system.
It's pretty obvious to me that he is chatting you up so that he can get illicit access to the returns trolley.
Imho, he is either changing the dewey decimal numbers or returning his own late books on your trolley.
Have you noticed either a label-maker/sticky-tape shaped or book/rolled up magazine shaped bulge anywhere on his person?
if so,you should report him immediately!
R

:d :d:d

Soundbounder
11-25-2011, 05:44 AM
Any updates?

We need details ;)

Meli
11-25-2011, 05:48 AM
nosey parker :D

skuthorp
11-25-2011, 06:01 AM
nosey parker :D
Does that mean you've had a cuppa? Did you find out if he could sail, or better still had a boat?

Meli
11-25-2011, 06:14 AM
mind yo beeswax :D
na, achshully I was on sick leave the last week of his contract wiv my toof.
his contract's finished :D

skuthorp
11-25-2011, 06:17 AM
|:)piker

Bobby of Tulsa
11-25-2011, 09:18 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jhdPDI9OeY8