PDA

View Full Version : BROTM of November...

Spin_Drift
10-31-2011, 01:37 PM
It's time to elect a new BROTM.

Please give your nominations here and then we can have a voting poll.

http://i202.photobucket.com/albums/aa111/Spin_Drift/Animals/VoteNowBROTM.jpg

I'd like to nominate

BobbyT....for his good work at the pub and fir keeping other people taken care of there

Bigfella...for his excellent thread on his 3000 kilometer motorcycle trip...Super

As others pop to mind they'll get listed here....

McMike
10-31-2011, 04:19 PM
I nominate Paul Pless (ner) for being Paul Pless (ner)!

McMike
10-31-2011, 04:42 PM
i nominate jamie so that amy will think he's all that and a bag of chips and he can finally lose his virginity:d

doug

rotfl!

S.V. Airlie
10-31-2011, 04:46 PM
Sad doug but,I'm not surprised at your post. I have not been married as many times as you afterall..May be the next time around, you will get something right regarding your relationships..

wizbang 13
10-31-2011, 04:52 PM
I nominate, assuming I am worthy of a vote, Amy C.

Bobby of Tulsa
10-31-2011, 05:58 PM
Come on Guys Glen Longino. Who else keeps the Pub stocked with Tequila and Lone Stars? Also he give Nanoose somethin to pray about.:):)

Nanoose
10-31-2011, 06:05 PM
I nominate, assuming I am worthy of a vote, Amy C.

What?! Are you freakin' kiddin' me?! BROTM when they joined up 2 days ago? No way. They gotta pay their dues, put in the time. How dare you try to sully the BROTM award!!!!!!@#$%^&*()??

Bob Adams
10-31-2011, 06:33 PM
Most of the good canidates are banned or dead.

Spin_Drift
10-31-2011, 06:35 PM
What?! Are you freakin' kiddin' me?! BROTM when they joined up 2 days ago? No way. They gotta pay their dues, put in the time. How dare you try to sully the BROTM award!!!!!!@#$%^&*()??

+1...too funny.....LOL.... You have to earn the coveted tittle of BROTM and that doesn't happen overnight.......and we will not give polling time or space for someone who is currently banned....

wizbang 13
10-31-2011, 06:36 PM
Ting is, between "her" 2 threads, "she" has , so far, over 2000 views in under 2 days. talk about tripping over yer package!
It is not November yet.

Keith Wilson
10-31-2011, 06:36 PM
If we elect Down The Creek, will she come back? That would be good.

Spin_Drift
10-31-2011, 06:40 PM
Gentlemen, gentlemen, no fouling up this thread please.... No personal attacks or snide remarks either way...let's leave this thread for it's purpose...BROTM NOMINATIONS only.....

Phillip Allen
10-31-2011, 07:55 PM
beware the ides of november

Paul Pless
10-31-2011, 07:59 PM
What?! Are you ******* kiddin' me?! BROTM when they joined up 2 ******* days ago? No *******way. They gotta pay their *******dues, put in the time. How dare you try to sully the ******* BROTM award!!!!!!@#$%^&*()??ftfy

jack grebe
10-31-2011, 08:15 PM

Aww Hell...............I nominate Nanner on this post alone:d

leikec
10-31-2011, 08:20 PM
I nominate Tom F. The good guys should win once in a while.

Jeff C

Keith Wilson
10-31-2011, 08:24 PM
Yes indeed! TomF!! Y>

Uncle Duke
10-31-2011, 08:28 PM
I nominate Paul Pless (ner) for being Paul Pless (ner)!
OK. As much as I like the quip about Jamie's virginity (such as it is or may be), as much as I really appreciate being witness to so much humor, I'd vote Paul.
Look - nobody else manages to remain in the middle ground - neither attracting fan-boys nor creating enemies. On it's own, that should be enough.
But - totally as a bonus!!! - he gives us careful glimpses into Katherines life also, and his life with her, and (mostly) does it without pissing her off (as far as we know).
Tender balance, very tender. Points should be given, laurels should be placed.
Just my opinion....

leikec
10-31-2011, 08:33 PM
OK. As much as I like the quip about Jamie's virginity (such as it is or may be), as much as I really appreciate being witness to so much humor, I'd vote Paul.
Look - nobody else manages to remain in the middle ground - neither attracting fan-boys nor creating enemies. On it's own, that should be enough.
But - totally as a bonus!!! - he gives us careful glimpses into Katherines life also, and his life with her, and (mostly) does it without pissing her off (as far as we know).
Tender balance, very tender. Points should be given, laurels should be placed.
Just my opinion....

Quote --"...he gives us careful glimpses into Katherines life also, and his life with her, and (mostly) does it without pissing her off (as far as we know)."

Are you reading the same forum as the rest of us? :D

Jeff C

seanz
10-31-2011, 08:41 PM

Ooooooohhhhhhh......swear bear.
:D

I nominate Nanoose.
:)

I also type too slow.......I second Nanoose's nomination.

Glen Longino
10-31-2011, 08:50 PM
It should always be doogie ... (oh, wait ... do NOT call him doogie ...) as he is usually ... oh, nevermind!!!!! :D

You can call him Doug or you can call him botebum, but you doesn't have to call him doogie or Leroy!;)

Glen Longino
10-31-2011, 09:19 PM
Sir?
Fat chance!
Have you looked at that Avatar of yours lately?:D
No disrespect intended. You'll always be Sir to me!

Glen Longino
10-31-2011, 09:28 PM
Why am I not surprised!:D

Meli
10-31-2011, 09:43 PM
I nominate Skipper.
Good for a chuckle, always kind never (well seldom) a cross word.

Nanoose
10-31-2011, 10:03 PM
I'd second the nomination for Pless......he's been doing a good job of starting/contributing a LOT lately. Well done, Paul. Hear! Hear! (...or is that, here, here?...) Keep up the good work! :)

I'd normally second TomF, but he's been busy with work of late. I'd say let's wait until he's able to be around a bit more...down the road a bit.

Uncle Duke
11-01-2011, 09:16 AM
Quote --"...he gives us careful glimpses into Katherines life also, and his life with her, and (mostly) does it without pissing her off (as far as we know)."
Are you reading the same forum as the rest of us? :D
Jeff C
Oh, we know that he pisses her off - that's not in doubt. But I don't recall any postings of his pissing her off, just what he does when he's not here on the forum. :D

Paul Pless
11-01-2011, 09:19 AM
:d ...

ChaseKenyon
11-01-2011, 10:17 AM
If I get to be BROTM am I allowed to forgo my personal ethics rules and

AD HOM anyone I feel like just to pull legs and let them argue with Maestro about their "rights"?

If so I can only guarantee this place will get livened up by this old hippy party animal. :D:dY>:arg

Started with Woodstock only a few hours drive from home in CT IIRC. (Colorado Ft Col, and Boulder, and Raymond and Gunnison and Montrose and Pagosa and Red Feather lakes in CO, and Sedona and Flagstaff and Ash Creek and Parker and Santa Claus near Dolan Spring in AZ, Needles and Glamis and Santee when it was four bldgs in the desert and SanDiego and Coronado and Imperial Beach and LaJolla and backyard BBQs in Seal Beach with Seals and Crofts in CF)

American hippy staying in Europe to distance from the draft was always a good cover in 72 3 & 4 Especially in Belgium, Italy and Spain.:d

P.I. Stazzer-Newt
11-01-2011, 01:50 PM
DavidG.

Whose behaviour has been, in recent days and as far as we are able to know, impeccable.

Or Katherine - for tolerance above and beyond etc.

Paul Pless
11-01-2011, 02:21 PM
DavidG.

Whose behaviour has been, in recent days and as far as we are able to know, impeccable.Ha ha!

bob winter
11-01-2011, 02:27 PM
I fail to see why a detail like being banned should preclude a member from being nominated. Or dead for that matter.

bob winter
11-01-2011, 02:31 PM
I know that, Doug. Seems the rules are in flux.

ccmanuals
11-01-2011, 02:36 PM
TomF great choice but I have to give a "tip of the hat" to BigFella. He has given us some great photos with narrative on his bikeabout in the far east. I don't know how he really finds the time to post as much as he has already. So, my vote, BigFella

TomF
11-01-2011, 02:50 PM
I fail to see why a detail like being banned should preclude a member from being nominated. Or dead for that matter.I'm neither, which should probably disqualify me. :)

Grateful for the nomination ... though as I can't really vote for myself ... chalk another up for Bigfella.

Spin_Drift
11-02-2011, 01:15 PM
Hey gents, please go to the polling thread and personally cast your votes there. They'll add up on polls so we can see who the winner is.

Thanks.

Peter Malcolm Jardine
11-02-2011, 01:20 PM
Most of the good canidates are banned or dead.

.... and you and I are still here... and not even nominated. Should we try harder?:D

Bob Adams
11-02-2011, 03:27 PM
.... and you and I are still here... and not even nominated. Should we try harder?:D

I guess we are not "colorful" enough.;)

Mrleft8
11-02-2011, 03:48 PM
I fail to see why a detail like being banned should preclude a member from being nominated. Or dead for that matter. I don't think being banned precludes one from being dead.....

Peter Kalshoven
11-02-2011, 05:53 PM
I know that, Doug. Seems the rules are in flux.

Rules? Rules?!? RULES?!?!?! Why are we screwing up a fine tradition like Bilge Rat of the Month with *$&^#%$ RULES?!?!?!

:)