PDA

View Full Version : Kava and making of a better bilge....

Ted Hoppe
10-11-2011, 12:59 PM
On the Internet there are many Kava-Kava products, making several claims about the therapeutic uses of Kava-Kava root. These claims include the following, ranging form the most prevalent and emphasized assertion involving stress and anxiety relief to improvement of social life and emotional well-being:

*Point of use pertaining to the posting in the bilge

Relieve stress and anxiety

Without the unwanted side effects of sedation, addiction, and impairment of alertness

* "Keep the mind alert while the body relaxes"
*Muscle relaxation (particularly the lower GI)
*Calmed nerves
*Enhance mental awareness, alertness, acuity, concentration
*Provide a restful night's sleep to insomniacs
*Relieve headaches (particularly tension headaches)
*Relieve PMS symptoms
*Alleviate muscle cramps and aches from long periods on a chair or stool.

*While most sites claim muscle relaxation, calmed nerves, and relief from anxiety and tension, some extend their claims to include an overall greater sense of well-being and alleged life-quality improvement and emotional state alterations:
- Improve its user's social life by reducing social anxiety
- Increase sociability, friendliness, and affability
- Provide overall greater sense of well-being
- Elevate users'emotional state due to sensations of peacefulness and contentment

Can you imagine a Bilge where people agreed to disagree and worked for better understanding?

on second thought go back to your coffee and beer - just keep in mind there is another way...

George.
10-11-2011, 01:17 PM
I like the Bilge just the way it is: it's useful for understanding the diversity of human stupidity.

LeeG
10-11-2011, 03:00 PM
I find that going for a bike ride relieve my pms symptoms.

AnalogKid
10-11-2011, 04:09 PM
I drank from the kava bowl at the junior rugby club quiz night fundraiser earlier in the year - it made my face numb but I can't say I was more relaxed.

I saw one of the ready to drink kava brands advertising itself as an 'anti-energy' drink.

Peter Malcolm Jardine
10-11-2011, 04:17 PM
Is there an application where you can pelt someone with Kava root to reduce stress? That would be useful

Arizona Bay
10-11-2011, 04:30 PM
Bula!

Gotta have the ceremony too.

We drank from the bowl for most of the evening, while sitting in the grass and swatting mosquitoes outside an old house in Fiji.
It started with buying the roots at the local market, then putting them into a wide metal pipe with a concrete plug in one end,and pounding them with a thick stick. Then you soak the bits in water for a while, and strain it through a piece of pantyhose into a big bowl. The guest gets the first half coconut full, and you need to chug it and clap your hands!

Tastes a little like dishwater. Numbing and relaxing after 3 or 4 :D

Made manovering between the hundreds of giant cane toads covering the lawn, very interesting on the way home...

The Bigfella
10-11-2011, 07:42 PM
I threw out a couple of packets of Kava that I brought back from Vanuatu about 8 years ago.... it didn't seem the same having it in an Oz setting.

I'm told that one of the bars on Gili T. (the party island) where I am meeting my daughter on 16th, serves food with "special" funghi. I never ate the magic mushies as a young-un, so don't think I'll start now.