PDA

View Full Version : Taleisin patterns are now settled and ready for use - extra patterns added

lin pardey
09-27-2011, 11:15 AM
It has taken a bit of too-ing and fro-ing (I hope those are real words) to find a foundry that has the right mix of good craftsmanship, fair prices, good safe storage and a staff that is well versed in loose molding. But now all of the patterns we have entrusted to the long term custodianship of Spaulding Wooden Boat Center have found a nest at the Mystic River Foundry. In fact in the first two weeks they were there, orders for several pieces came in. You can see photos of the patterns at Spaulding site. You can contact Sher at mrf@riconnect.com or go to her website at www.mysticriverfoundry.com.

Ken Minor, who is building a stunning duplicate of Taleisin, has also agreed to send the patterns for all the bronze floor timbers to be included with the set of patterns for the deck hardware. There is no charge for the use of the patterns, only the cost of having the foundry make the parts. Ken agrees, it's nice to see something we built intending to use them only one time, then go on and help someone else with their project. The patterns definitely won't do anyone any good sitting in some dusty workshop.

Drew Cathell has made up a complete photo catalogue of the patterns. I will attempt to put them on our website at www.landlpardey.com as soon as we return home after this book launch tour (Bull Canyon, a Boatbuilder, a writer and other Wildlife.) That should be early November.

StevenBauer
09-27-2011, 04:32 PM
Good news, Lin. I've heard good things about Mystic River Foundry.

Steven

Mrleft8
09-27-2011, 08:14 PM
I've seen their work. Very very nice. And reasonably priced too.

emma55
10-06-2011, 06:08 PM
Oh Yeah Sweet That is the Boat