X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Gerarddm
    #RESIST
    • Feb 2010

Obama's Jobs Speech

Feisty bugger, wasn't he? Swingin' for the fences. Let's see if the ball gets any lift.

BTW, remember: next election, vote against every Republican, for every office, at every level. Be patriotic.
    Gerard>
    Albuquerque, NM

Next election, vote against EVERY Republican, for EVERY office, at EVERY level. Be patriotic, save the country.
  • RonW
    Banned
    • Aug 2003

Re: Obama's Jobs Speech

I don't know what you watched, but I watched a failed president plea for reelection..and that's all..

Comment

• stevebla
      • Apr 2011

SSDD

Comment

• Glen Longino
        • Jun 2008

Originally posted by RonW
        I don't know what you watched, but I watched a failed president plea for reelection..and that's all..
        That's merely because you're a cynical Regressive Negativist Conservative.
        So what's new?

Comment

• ccmanuals
          Son of a Guineaman
          • Dec 2001

Originally posted by RonW
          I'm pretty sure he's gonna get elected without your measly vote.
          Tom

"Leave the gun, take the cannolis"

Comment

• Ray Frechette Jr
            Great Falls Boat Works
            • Jun 2002

I watched a couple of episodes of the Waltons on DVD.

However news reports I have read so far on internet look to be interesting.

Looks like President Obama and the dems are baiting the Republicans to not act in the face of a lot of tax cuts on the table for the middle class and likely it will be at the expense of revenue increases on the wealthier.

One could argue it is redistribution of wealth, or one could argue it is redistribution of the cost of government .

In any event it will be interesting to see what the House does with it.
            www.greatfallsboatworks.com

Comment

• Ray Frechette Jr
              Great Falls Boat Works
              • Jun 2002

Originally posted by ccmanuals
              I'm pretty sure he's gonna get elected without your measly vote.
              14 months out is close to an eternity in political presidential elections.

However I think it only fair to say that clearly president OPbama is going to have substantial headwinds to deal with. I would most certainly not claim he is going to lose, but given tit is highly unlikely for the employment picture to brighten significantly in the next 14 months it will be incumbent on the Republicans to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory to see him reelected.

The rep;ublicans do seem to have a knack for doing that too.

I have to say I like Democratic presidents a whole lot more when they are dealing with republican majorities in Congress.

Both Presidents Obama and Clinton Moderated their policies and rhetoric significantly once Republicans gained control of Congress.

And I must also say I find myself less impressed with the Republicans when they are in power than when they are in minority.
              www.greatfallsboatworks.com

Comment

• ccmanuals
                Son of a Guineaman
                • Dec 2001

I think he laid out a good plan but sadly, I don't believe it's going anywhere. Boehner, McConnell and Cantor are more interested in 2012 and making sure Obama does not have anything that resembles a success. Unfortunately, for us, this tactic will hurt the country and do nothing to solve our problems. Then you have the tparty in the house who are opposed to everything that smacks of gov't initiative. I think the obstacles are too great.
                Tom

"Leave the gun, take the cannolis"

Comment

• skipper68
                  Banned
                  • May 2010

I sent him, to the whitehouse.gov, an email to grow some. I don't remember who posted it here, but I passed it on.
                  FDR said it, And so should Obama""For twelve years our Nation was afflicted with hear-nothing, see-nothing, do-nothing Government. The Nation looked to that Government but that Government looked away. Nine mocking years with the golden calf and three long years of the scourge! Nine crazy years at the ticker and three long years in the breadlines! Nine mad years of mirage and three long years of despair! Powerful influences strive today to restore that kind of government with its doctrine that that Government is best which is most indifferent to mankind.

For nearly four years now you have had an administration which instead of twirling its thumbs has rolled up its sleeves. And I can assure you that we will keep our sleeves rolled up.

We had to struggle with the old enemies of peace: business and financial monopoly, speculation, reckless banking, class antagonism, sectionalism, war profiteering. They had begun to consider the Government of the United States as a mere appendage to their own affairs. And we know now that government by organized money is just as dangerous as government by organized mob.

Never before in all our history have these forces been so united against one candidate as they stand today. They are unanimous in their hate for me, and I welcome their hatred." "When there is an accumulation of money and power into fewer and fewer hands, people with the mentality of gangsters come to the fore. Power tends to corrupt, and absolute power corrupts absolutely" -- Lord Acton .
                  Then I explained to him how disappointing he is, surrounded by Wall Street thieves and non taxpaying CEO's, running policy for our country. He keeps texting and emailing me...stalker...

Comment

• Cuyahoga Chuck
                    # 7727
                    • Dec 2003

Originally posted by stevebla
                    SSDD
                    Congradulations. You made it to my "IGNORE" list, booger.

Comment

• Waddie
                      • Aug 2009

Originally posted by ccmanuals
                      I think he laid out a good plan but sadly, I don't believe it's going anywhere. Boehner, McConnell and Cantor are more interested in 2012 and making sure Obama does not have anything that resembles a success. Unfortunately, for us, this tactic will hurt the country and do nothing to solve our problems. Then you have the tparty in the house who are opposed to everything that smacks of gov't initiative. I think the obstacles are too great.
                      Yep, you're right. How does it feel??? The Republicans are just doing the same thing the Democrats do when they're the opposition.....throwing bombs, getttin' in the way, disruptin' things. BOTH sides play the same game. All that changes is who holds which office. If we had a Republican President, almost every Democrat would have voted against raising the debt ceiling. Senator Obama sure did.....

regards,
                      Waddie
                      I started with nothing and I still have most of it....

Comment

• bobbys
                        • Jun 2009

He never mentioned Bush so that's a plus

Comment

• perldog007
                          Banned
                          • Sep 2009

The speech was not that great. It's over and I still don't have a job. BUT! It wasn't a total failure. American Chris Lytle in his farewell fight just knocked the digested matter out of Brit Dan Hardy then choked the funny talking orange mohawk having non-'murican. So President Obama has to get credit for letting Chris Lytle retire on a win. Well done Mr. President.

Oh I almost forgot. Now that I know who I have to sleep with to get on a certain ignore list

God Bless America, and good night.

Comment

• Keith Wilson
                            Trying to be reasonable
                            • Oct 1999

BOTH sides play the same game. All that changes is who holds which office. If we had a Republican President, almost every Democrat would have voted against raising the debt ceiling. Senator Obama sure did.....
                            This is demonstrably nonsense. There is no symmetry anymore, not as the Republicans have gotten more and more extreme over the past few years. The debt ceiling has been raised 106 times since 1940, and not ONCE did the opposition party seriously threaten to send the US into default to get concessions they didn't have the votes to get otherwise Obama voted against raising the debt ceiling as a symbolic protest because there was absolutely no way it was not going to pass, and in fact it passed easily

Sorry, but "they both do it" is simply no longer true. This is not Ronald Reagan's Republican party any more, not even close.
                            "For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations,
                            for nature cannot be fooled."

Richard Feynman

Comment

• Cuyahoga Chuck
                              # 7727
                              • Dec 2003

Originally posted by Waddie
                              Yep, you're right. How does it feel??? The Republicans are just doing the same thing the Democrats do when they're the opposition.....throwing bombs, getttin' in the way, disruptin' things. BOTH sides play the same game. All that changes is who holds which office. If we had a Republican President, almost every Democrat would have voted against raising the debt ceiling. Senator Obama sure did.....

regards,
                              Waddie
                              I wish you were right, Waddie. Then the Democratrats would have stopped Bush from instituting two ,very long, wars which were not paid for and the massive tax cut he engineered would never have become law and our treasury would be full instead of empty. There were other neat things on Bush's bucket list the Democrats could have stopped too, but, unfortunately, they didn't.
                              But thanks for making things up. It shows you are good at bluffing.
                              Last edited by Cuyahoga Chuck; 09-08-2011, 09:33 PM.

Comment

Working...