This woman is a serious nutter.

Glen Longino
09-04-2011, 10:37 PM
This woman is a serious nutter.

Good eye, Sir!!:)

purri
09-04-2011, 11:20 PM
No kidding?

So is Connie Ferravanti-Wells or Sophie Mirabella channeling her (or both)?

Having met Connie in a professional capacity she is a truly devious bit of work.

seanz
09-04-2011, 11:23 PM
If you're a fan of HST, you'll realize that what you are seeing is actually "Gonzo" politics.

David G
09-05-2011, 12:45 AM
It just occurred to me --

Michelle Bachman --- Michael Beckman

Coincidence, or... maybe a politicians underhanded way to infiltrate the electorally critical Wooden Boat demographic?

WX
09-05-2011, 06:25 AM
http://unfollowingjesus.com/

PeterSibley
09-05-2011, 06:37 AM
http://pic40.picturetrail.com/VOL282/9443996/17245530/398355510.jpg

WX
09-05-2011, 06:44 AM
Ah yes the God is infallible but I don't like that bit he did routine.

SMARTINSEN
09-05-2011, 07:02 AM
It will not be Michelle, but perhaps Perry, and he is even worse! Obama was dealt a bad hand, but he has not played it well, either. At this point, I see no good alternative to voting for him again.

I never thought that I would say this, but perhaps Hillary should challenge him for the nomination.

Clinton/Cheney 2012.

Fernir
09-05-2011, 07:11 AM
perhaps Hillary should challenge him for the nomination.

Clinton/Cheney 2012.

I don't think he's quite as bad as Franklin Pierce (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Franklin_Pierce) just yet.

elf
09-05-2011, 07:47 AM
Mrs. Clinton has been clear that she has no interest in the job. Any more progressive Democrat who ran, even if s/he won, would encounter the same virulent resistance from both the Republicans and all the DINOs in the party, so it almost doesn't matter which Democrat tries for the job.

After all, between the DINOs and the absence of Mr. Kennedy and the other elderly southern Democrat who spent most of the first year in and out of hospitals(forgotten the name), Mr. Obama never had sufficient support to get through the program he started out thinking was the best way to proceed.

And then there is Mr. Obama's willingness to accomodate and unwillingness to put the bullies down.

Another Democrat less willing to accomodate may not exist in the country right now and the bullies have such an upper hand at this point that only the abject collapse of the economy will get the public to shut them down.

Fearful people do stupid things.

John Smith
09-05-2011, 07:56 AM
What I don't understand is with Bachmann and Palin saying so many stupid things is why we still have "blonde" jokes.

As to Hillary, she would have been a better choice in '08. I argued then that she had several advantages of Obama, although their expressed ideals were similar. It would have been very difficult to throw **** at Hillary that wouldn't be considered ancient history or made up. Certainly, no one would be demanding her birth certificate. She would have known going in that she'd get no republican support and would likely have made less compromise in her efforts to get it. At this point it's all speculation.

I also have to confess to knowing several people who voted for Obama because of Palin. Had McCain picked a different running mate, he may well have won the election.

Mrleft8
09-05-2011, 08:36 AM
Byrd.

SMARTINSEN
09-05-2011, 08:39 AM
I don't think he's quite as bad as Franklin Pierce (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Franklin_Pierce) just yet.
From the source in your link:

However, he has been criticized as timid and unable to cope with a changing America.
There are certain similarities.:( He has governed cautiously, which is a good thing, but is not what we need in face of the treason of the Republican party.

Back to the original topic, it simply boggles my mind that just about half of the country would vote for a fire breathing evangelical.

Fernir
09-05-2011, 09:33 AM
There are certain similarities.

Franklin Pierce, AFAIK, is the only sitting President to not be nominated by his own party to run for a second term.

I just can't wait for November to be over.

Oh, wait, it's not this November is it?

:(

elf
09-05-2011, 09:46 AM
Byrd.
Thanks.

TerryLL
09-05-2011, 09:48 AM
...I never thought that I would say this, but perhaps Hillary should challenge him for the nomination...

I've been saying for a while now that Obama is ripe for a primary challenge. That possibility seems more likely with every passing day. I'd vote for Clinton in a heartbeat.

Chris Coose
09-05-2011, 10:13 AM
The democrats are in a position to actually mold a real leadership Executive body but Dems are so like the Red Sox. They don't lose the lead, they throw it away.
The only good news is the republican batting order is sh!t and the fans believe they are at a football game.

Canoeyawl
09-05-2011, 10:59 AM
It is difficult to know that anyone could have done better with this economy. Knee-jerk reactions to a very complex problem will not solve it..
Obama was elected into a disaster not of his making and has (so far) kept it from becoming a full blown depression.

Anyone today that expects sweeping changes in either direction is dreaming. The corporate is too powerful.

I'm thankful that we haven't started another war, and will wait to see what congress looks like after the next election before I expect anything significant from the executive.

bobbys
09-05-2011, 12:21 PM
This woman is a serious nutter..

Looks like you got your information from a satirical anti religion site.

Is that where you reached your conclusion on some ones mental capacity.

Or are you practicing psychology without a lic and if you are do you realize its a crime to revel a patients records.

Or are you just ticked she expresses a religious view that differs with yours.

Do you have a record of each and every political leaders religious views you can mock helter skelter.

Or do you base some ones mental abilities on gaffes cherry picked?.

Or do you know you will get full agreement here and not be Questioned but applauded if you make inane observations against conservatives?.

Based on this i cannot retaliate On YOUR mental state but can determine you have a vindictive streak that trumps intelligence..

David G
09-05-2011, 12:30 PM
Uh, Oh!

Looks like bobbys has a new crush. Gone are the mamories of Grizzly Mama... there's a new Queen Bee buzzing in bobbys' kilt.

Seriously... she IS a nutter. Don't make me start dragging out quotes.

Canoeyawl
09-05-2011, 12:52 PM
http://s3-ak.buzzfed.com/static/enhanced/terminal01/2010/4/12/14/enhanced-buzz-6328-1271095591-8.jpg

WX
09-05-2011, 03:23 PM

Or are you practicing psychology without a lic and if you are do you realize its a crime to revel a patients records.

Do you have a record of each and every political leaders religious views you can mock helter skelter.

Or do you know you will get full agreement here and not be Questioned but applauded if you make inane observations against conservatives?.

Based on this i cannot retaliate On YOUR mental state but can determine you have a vindictive streak that trumps intelligence..
No I watched an interview with her and LISTENED to what she was saying. You may think things are bad in the US right now but if she or someone with the same thoughts gets in then right now will seem like a golden age.

Glen Longino
09-05-2011, 03:39 PM

Have you never listened to her in an interview, bobbys, or read her quoted comments?

Shang
09-05-2011, 03:54 PM
http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f93/shangboat/enhanced-buzz-6526-1271093915-7.jpg

Shang
09-05-2011, 03:55 PM
http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f93/shangboat/enhanced-buzz-6357-1271094029-6.jpg

Shang
09-05-2011, 03:56 PM
http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f93/shangboat/enhanced-buzz-6526-1271095612-9.jpg

WX
09-05-2011, 04:00 PM
http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f93/shangboat/enhanced-buzz-6526-1271093915-7.jpg

By that "logic" Roosevelt was responsible for the Second World War.

Shang
09-05-2011, 04:09 PM
''It is horrific to know that in the African American community, 50 percent of all African American pregnancies in the United States end in abortion, 50 percent. That is a genocide of African Americans of the United States. It should not be. There are Americans all across this country who would love to adopt African American babies, but they can't because 50 percent of all African American pregnancies today are ending in abortion.''

Shang
09-05-2011, 04:15 PM
Read her lips,
Bachmann is stupid, ignorant, and demonstrably crazy.

John Smith
09-05-2011, 04:18 PM
Read her lips,

Seems to be a good size market for those qualities.

Glen Longino
09-05-2011, 04:24 PM
Read her lips,

Yeah but how else can anybody hope to win the Trogl...er, I mean Republican nomination?