PDA

View Full Version : Thinking of all you guys in the path of Irene

Duncan Gibbs
08-27-2011, 05:07 AM
I really hope the storm dies in the glutus maximus before it makes landfall. Good luck, prepare well and check in after. 'Kay?

Bruce Hooke
08-27-2011, 06:59 AM
Thanks. I'm 80 miles or so from the coast but I am still worried about how much damage the wind might do, and flooding could also be a big issue. I am on a hill and so at lower risk from flooding (but higher risk from wind) than the folks nearby down on the valleys but 5 to 10 inches or rain could still be a mess.

David W Pratt
08-27-2011, 12:32 PM
Thanks for your concern.
Here in Wickford, RI we pulled the dinghys off the docks and pulled the ramps into the parking lot at the YC.
The big boat got hauled Wed. the tender and my wife's pram came home yesterday.
We are planning to have a birthday tonight.

Woxbox
08-27-2011, 01:20 PM
I was out at Block Island Wednesday. Scooted back up into the bay Thursday and got the boat out. But I was surprised to see a very limited amount of activity -- apparently many owners are going to leave their boats on moorings and hope for the best. Seems pretty chancy to me.

ishmael
08-27-2011, 07:49 PM
Thank you, Duncan. I'm not much worried here. I don't have a boat in the water, and the rest of the kit is pretty well secured. I do need to fill the water jugs and maybe buy some more food.