PDA

View Full Version : Yachting and Boating World Forum - Over the top decisions!

Robittybob1
08-03-2011, 02:02 PM
Yachting and Boating World Forum - Over the top decisions!
Forum - Yachting and Boating World Forums

Can you really justify why I was permanently

This is the message I received last night "You have been banned for the following reason:
After receiving a number of complaints, the only option is to issue you with a permanent ban. I have investigated a number of posts you have made and feel that they are not appropriate for these forums. Publishing PMs is also not appreciated. (PMs is personal messages from the forum moderators.)

Date the ban will be lifted: Never"

Now that was a bit of a surprise. Can you give me any detail to your justification please?

Was it my religious views?
Was it my political views
Was it that I didn't react to the hatred I received?
Was it the friendly rugby international rivalry?

Come on show me how you people think. For it not deserve a banning in my opinion.

Robert de Boer

I reckon it was my audacity to publish the moderators PM to me that had nonsensical reasoning within it. They should not send PM that they would be embarrassed about if they went up on the forums in my view.

Paul Pless
08-03-2011, 02:17 PM
fart

tomlarkin
08-03-2011, 02:18 PM
You do realize that the WoodenBoat forums have absolutely nothing to do with that forum, right?

bobbys
08-03-2011, 02:23 PM
I think it was the rugby

Phillip Allen
08-03-2011, 02:28 PM
prolly gots bad arm pits
:)

Captain Intrepid
08-03-2011, 02:36 PM
A fair number of forums have an instant ban if you publish PMs without the permission of both parties rule. It's not uncommon at all.

Robittybob1
08-03-2011, 02:40 PM
I know it was the rugby. The English are now playing in black jerseys that are reserved for the All Blacks. How dare they!

Robittybob1
08-03-2011, 02:42 PM
It is not in their rules if that is the case. It should be clear in the forum rules if that is the case. Is it the same here?

bobbys
08-03-2011, 02:43 PM
Rugby almost cost me the BROTM election when i asked how come there is no rules and it made no sense sept beating the heck outta people.

Robittybob1
08-03-2011, 02:44 PM
Is this how they talk in Arkansas?

Robittybob1
08-03-2011, 02:46 PM
Rugby almost cost me the BROTM election when i asked how come there is no rules and it made no sense sept beating the heck outta people.American football seems a lot rougher to me. I don't play but I had heard the Rugby Rule Book is thicker than the Bible.

Robittybob1
08-03-2011, 02:49 PM
You do realize that the WoodenBoat forums have absolutely nothing to do with that forum, right?I'm really pleased to hear that.

Robittybob1
08-03-2011, 02:52 PM
fartSomething like that! Do you know what it feels like to read you have got another permanent ban to your name? I am now permanently banned from 3 forums, and don't deserve any of them.

Horace
08-03-2011, 03:01 PM
Something like that! Do you know what it feels like to read you have got another permanent ban to your name? I am now permanently banned from 3 forums, and don't deserve any of them.

Oh, my.

:d

Uncle Duke
08-03-2011, 03:01 PM
You sound like 90% of the guys I've been in jail with.
"I'm innocent! It's the man, I tell ya'! He's out to get me!"

C'mon dude:rolleyes:

Doug
As the famous lawyer once said:

All my clients are innocent.

Of something
:d

Robittybob1
08-03-2011, 03:03 PM

DougWhat happened to the other 10% What were they saying?

Flying Orca
08-03-2011, 03:06 PM
LMBFAO... yer such a bada$$, Doug!

Robittybob1
08-03-2011, 03:07 PM
As the famous lawyer once said:Rule 1: You can't win.
Rule 2: You can't break even, either.

:d But you can have a lot of fun trying. I don't mind the heat of the discussion. When you get a letter saying "we have received complaints", sure there are those that whinge about anything.

Robittybob1
08-03-2011, 03:09 PM
"Please, don't."
:D

DougAnd then what?

Robittybob1
08-03-2011, 03:11 PM
Oh, my.

:dI think I'll write to the mods, your comments are too brief.

Robittybob1
08-03-2011, 03:17 PM
Go back and read the last 2 sentences...That should tell you what you need to know ..I could have said "Something like that! Do you know what it feels like to read you have got another permanent ban to your name? I am now permanently banned from 3 forums, and don't deserve any of them (the bans that is).

Robittybob1
08-03-2011, 03:26 PM
I just looked at that forum and couldn't find an "Off Topic" area.
Could that be why you got tossed?

DougIt started with the moderators telling me my thread should have been in the "Lounge" part of their forum rather than in the "Scuttlebutt" section. Well that was being rather pendantic to begin with for who uses such bizarre words in the first place!
Then they tell me my thread was "moved" to the "restricted" or something. So I reminded them if they can move a thread how about moving it to the right section instead of blocking it.

Robittybob1
08-03-2011, 03:36 PM
Please tell us" What are the other forums you are banned from ?
Have you heard of Trade Me Message boards (main forum in NZ)? (2 times life ban)
Classic Yacht forum (temporary ban)
Crew.Org.NZ forum (permanent ban)
and now Yachting and Boating World forum. (permanent ban)

Larks
08-03-2011, 03:44 PM
Have you heard of Trade Me Message boards (main forum in NZ)? (2 times life ban)
Classic Yacht forum (temporary ban)
Crew.Org.NZ forum (permanent ban)
and now Yachting and Boating World forum. (permanent ban)

Isn't that telling you something?

When you get banned from NZ don't come over to Oz and start whinging about it!!

How do you get a 2 times life ban???

Robittybob1
08-03-2011, 03:45 PM
I wonder how long you'll last here.

Let's have a pool.
I've got Sept. 11th.
It's a Sunday and Scot tends to clean house on Sundays.

DougWell that will be just about my usual life span on these forums. I have subscribed to 2 threads on here for a while but seemed quite. All I'm trying to do is look for the boat Raukawa, since it has been named as present at a scene of a crime.

Robittybob1
08-03-2011, 03:47 PM
Isn't that telling you something?

When you get banned from NZ don't come over to Oz and start whinging about it!!

How do you get a 2 times life ban???Is that how you spell whinging. Thanks. Is this forum Australian? Seemed to be a lot of Americans on it as well.

Robittybob1
08-03-2011, 03:51 PM
Isn't that telling you something?<br>
<br>
When you get banned from NZ don't come over to Oz and start whinging about it!!<br>
<br>
How do you get a 2 times life ban???Is that how you spell whinging. Thanks. Is this forum Australian? Seemed to be a lot of Americans on it as well.
A two time life ban is when after a year or so you plead mercy and they give you another chance.

Kevin T
08-03-2011, 03:51 PM
[QUOTE=botebum;3075751]I wonder how long you'll last here.

Let's have a pool.
I've got Sept. 11th.

Okay Doug, I'll take some of that action. Mark me down for this Sunday or sooner.

Now Robbitybob1, tell us exactly, word for word what you wrote on all of these other forums that got you banned, and please do not spare any of the details in a desire to be PC or anything. I understand they're pretty tolerant around here.:rolleyes:

Robittybob1
08-03-2011, 03:54 PM
How long has it been since the lobotomy??Can't you remember! Now that shows it has worked.

Kevin T
08-03-2011, 03:56 PM
Fixing the game is unsportsmanlike, Kevin.
Let's try and be gentlemen.

Doug

Hey, it was worth a shot!

Robittybob1
08-03-2011, 03:58 PM

Let's have a pool.
I've got Sept. 11th.

Okay Doug, I'll take some of that action. Mark me down for this Sunday or sooner.

Now Robbitybob1, tell us exactly, word for word what you wrote on all of these other forums that got you banned, and please do not spare any of the details in a desire to be PC or anything. I understand they're pretty tolerant around here.:rolleyes:Now that would be a mission. 10 full pages of Google when you google Robittybob1. How big is your server?

john welsford
08-03-2011, 04:24 PM
It pays to remember that you are a guest of the forum owner/moderators. They will have views on what is acceptable to them and their membership, and in general are not interested in making an argument of it. I have a forum with a pretty decent membership and have been known to be a bit blunt when someone is not toeing my line, I dont have the time or inclination to make a long winded discussion of any issue so if someone does step out of line I give them a warning, and if its not heeded, out comes the axe.
In short, you dont have any rights on an on line forum, and there is no reason why anyone, including me on this forum should have. Moderator Scot is paid by WoodenBoat to run this one, and they graciously see this forum, free to users and free of advertising, as part of their service to the boating community. We none of us should abuse that.
As for Raukawa, I think that you'd be much better off asking around on some of the cruising notice boards or forums.

John Welsford

Yachting and Boating World Forum - Over the top decisions!
Forum - Yachting and Boating World Forums

Can you really justify why I was permanently

This is the message I received last night "You have been banned for the following reason:
After receiving a number of complaints, the only option is to issue you with a permanent ban. I have investigated a number of posts you have made and feel that they are not appropriate for these forums. Publishing PMs is also not appreciated. (PMs is personal messages from the forum moderators.)

Now that was a bit of a surprise. Can you give me any detail to your justification please?

Was it my religious views?
Was it my political views
Was it that I didn't react to the hatred I received?
Was it the friendly rugby international rivalry?

Come on show me how you people think. For it not deserve a banning in my opinion.

Robert de Boer

I reckon it was my audacity to publish the moderators PM to me that had nonsensical reasoning within it. They should not send PM that they would be embarrassed about if they went up on the forums in my view.

Robittybob1
08-03-2011, 05:44 PM
It pays to remember that you are a guest of the forum owner/moderators. They will have views on what is acceptable to them and their membership, and in general are not interested in making an argument of it. I have a forum with a pretty decent membership and have been known to be a bit blunt when someone is not toeing my line, I dont have the time or inclination to make a long winded discussion of any issue so if someone does step out of line I give them a warning, and if its not heeded, out comes the axe.
In short, you dont have any rights on an on line forum, and there is no reason why anyone, including me on this forum should have. Moderator Scot is paid by WoodenBoat to run this one, and they graciously see this forum, free to users and free of advertising, as part of their service to the boating community. We none of us should abuse that.
As for Raukawa, I think that you'd be much better off asking around on some of the cruising notice boards or forums.

John WelsfordI have no wish to create trouble or have an argument with anyone. If someone complains do you look into it, or do you just say "I'm sick of complaints ban the poster" or "he is banned from so many other sites might as well ban him from here too".
I am waiting for my privileges to return to the Classic Yachts forum mid August.
The guys on here seem pretty hard case, so I wouldn't stick out too much.
Thanks for allowing me the use of your forum John.

Dutch
08-03-2011, 06:06 PM
Is this how they talk in Arkansas?

only the ones that know how to talk :)

Dutch
08-03-2011, 06:09 PM
What happened to the other 10% What were they saying?

complimenting dougy on his " pretty mouth" :)

skuthorp
08-03-2011, 06:17 PM
Yawn............. Based on self-admitted form and the few words posted here I reckon Scot should just cut to the chase straight away.

rbgarr
08-03-2011, 07:19 PM
Publishing PMs is also not appreciated. (PMs is personal messages from the forum moderators.)

Just so you know, 'PM' on this forum is an abbreviation for Private Messages (see it there above?) and posting any you get here shows a lack of judgment that is likewise suspect.

Robittybob1
08-03-2011, 07:25 PM
Yawn............. Based on self-admitted form and the few words posted here I reckon Scot should just cut to the chase straight away.You say "Based on self-admitted form" I should get banned again. Now isn't that the problem, a bit like sharks in feeding frenzy.
"Self admitted form" is just telling the truth. That is the state of the play, but I also say that all those bans are undeserved.
You don't seem to be so quick to quote me on that. Then you would like to see my score card get even worse for no real reason at all.

Vince Brennan
08-03-2011, 07:28 PM

Let's have a pool.
I've got Sept. 11th.

DougIt's me birf's'day! I can haz a pressunt on my birf's'day??? DOOODIE!

Now: I'm sure that you have a good reason for bending our ears about a personal slight that was perpetrated upon you by the moderators of a forum which has absolutely no connexion with this one other than publicizing the existence of said forum and hopefully getting a few more persons to subscribe to it.

I and the rest of the WBF await with bated breath your answer to that one.

Would you like us to take sail for New Zealand and invade, find the perpetrators, hang them and so restore you to your supposed status of Respected Poster? Would Nuclear weapons be appropriate?

Just why do you feel it necessary to open your guts about this HERE?

Go away and bother the little kids.

Robittybob1
08-03-2011, 07:35 PM
Just so you know, 'PM' on this forum is an abbreviation for Private Messages (see it there above?) and posting any you get here shows a lack of judgement that is likewise suspect.Personal messages or private messages are about the same. Well that was my point is it considered OK to abuse someone through a PM? Is it OK to introduce new rules through the PMs. Why not post the rules clearly to be read when you register.

Robittybob1
08-03-2011, 07:36 PM
It's me birf's'day! I can haz a pressunt on my birf's'day??? DOOODIE!

I is wunnerin' jus' how long it gonna be before we pullza plug!More sharks! Happy birthday Vincie!

Vince Brennan
08-03-2011, 07:38 PM
More sharks! Happy birthday Vincie! Chomp! See above.

Tylerdurden
08-03-2011, 07:38 PM

Doug

You know what's funny. You and Coose making reference to me being arrested for dissident actions as a smear which never resulted in a conviction of any sort and then seeing you bragging about being in jail later. The hypocrisy meter is fully pegged now.

Vince Brennan
08-03-2011, 07:42 PM
Oh, goody... birds of a feather, and all that...

http://i198.photobucket.com/albums/aa295/frayedknots/Mail%20Attachments/FlaminAsshole.gif

Tylerdurden
08-03-2011, 07:47 PM

http://i198.photobucket.com/albums/aa295/frayedknots/Mail%20Attachments/FlaminAsshole.gif

Birds of a feather? I was thinking of a particular Captain whose fetish was collecting Barbed wire. He ran his ship right into a collision including loss of the ship and life. Knots seem pretty featherly all of a sudden.

rbgarr
08-03-2011, 08:32 PM
Personal messages or private messages are about the same. Well that was my point is it considered OK to abuse someone through a PM? Is it OK to introduce new rules through the PMs. Why not post the rules clearly to be read when you register.

The operative word is 'private'. Meant for your eyes only.

You can enable/disable the function at any time if your feelings get hurt.

Robittybob1
08-03-2011, 09:24 PM
The operative word is 'private'. Meant for your eyes only.

You can enable/disable the function at any time if your feelings get hurt.These are quite complex forum programs. True there are lots of functions that I see others are using that I have yet to learn. If I'm allowed to stay I might practice some of them. One that fascinates me is the button on the bottom left hand side "Close this thread" see that is a new one for me where the OP has the ability to pull the whole thread at any time, or at least that is what I think it might do.

Robittybob1
08-03-2011, 09:34 PM

http://i198.photobucket.com/albums/aa295/frayedknots/Mail%20Attachments/FlaminAsshole.gifYou having a bad day Vince?

Robittybob1
08-04-2011, 12:57 AM
It's me birf's'day! I can haz a pressunt on my birf's'day??? DOOODIE!

Now: I'm sure that you have a good reason for bending our ears about a personal slight that was perpetrated upon you by the moderators of a forum which has absolutely no connexion with this one other than publicizing the existence of said forum and hopefully getting a few more persons to subscribe to it.

I and the rest of the WBF await with bated breath your answer to that one.

Would you like us to take sail for New Zealand and invade, find the perpetrators, hang them and so restore you to your supposed status of Respected Poster? Would Nuclear weapons be appropriate?

Just why do you feel it necessary to open your guts about this HERE?

Go away and bother the little kids.I would have replied to your post except that in the end you turned it into a particularly sick taunt.

Waddie
08-04-2011, 01:31 AM

Let's have a pool.
I've got Sept. 11th.

Now Robbitybob1, tell us exactly, word for word what you wrote on all of these other forums that got you banned, and please do not spare any of the details in a desire to be PC or anything. I understand they're pretty tolerant around here.:rolleyes:

Now, Kevin, you do know that inciting another to commit a crime makes you an accomplice ?

regards,
Waddie

ramillett
08-04-2011, 01:51 AM
I'll take Aug. 7

Let's have a pool.
I've got Sept. 11th.

Doug

Robittybob1
08-04-2011, 01:53 AM
Robittybob1 (http://forum.woodenboat.com/member.php?34371-Robittybob1)
All you have to do is go to the rules page where you first signed up and read the rules...No need to make this a week long "look at me parade"
If you really want attention that badly then take a walk in traffic in your birthday suit...
Nothing to see here ...just move along ..I will re-read the rules that you speak of. Surely some others may need to refresh the rules as well, for I am sure some of the comments I have received today would not be compliant.
It is a look at yourself parade actually.

Robittybob1
08-04-2011, 02:00 AM
BASIC FORUM ETIQUETTE: PLAY NICE
Reminder... by signing up to post on this Forum, you've agreed to make nice, and to comply pages and pages of rules the lawyers wrote. It all comes down to:
Don't be rude. I have not done this

Don't sell stuff or services. I have not done this

Don't post inappropriate pictures. I have not done this

Don't whine at the Admin. He hates that. I have not done this

Don't create a new user to come back in if you were temporarily or permanently banned. It's bad Karma. I have not done this.

So far so good!

I could not find the link to the Rules as such. Does any one have the link?

ramillett
08-04-2011, 02:38 AM
Robittybob1 (http://forum.woodenboat.com/member.php?34371-Robittybob1) do you have a wood boat ?

Robittybob1
08-04-2011, 03:01 AM
Robittybob1 (http://forum.woodenboat.com/member.php?34371-Robittybob1) do you have a wood boat ?No I don't, but I am looking for one.

ramillett
08-04-2011, 03:07 AM
That's a good sign :)

Robittybob1
08-04-2011, 03:11 AM
That's a good sign :)What about yourself? Boat owner?

john welsford
08-04-2011, 03:13 AM
Just to be clear, this is not MY forum, it belongs to WoodenBoat magazine. Mine is a yahoo group.
John Welsford

I have no wish to create trouble or have an argument with anyone. If someone complains do you look into it, or do you just say "I'm sick of complaints ban the poster" or "he is banned from so many other sites might as well ban him from here too".
I am waiting for my privileges to return to the Classic Yachts forum mid August.
The guys on here seem pretty hard case, so I wouldn't stick out too much.
Thanks for allowing me the use of your forum John.

ramillett
08-04-2011, 03:17 AM
What about yourself? Boat owner?

Yes , one owns me :)

doorstop
08-04-2011, 03:24 AM
Who cares.... I got a life ban from a forum which actually encouraged bad language and insults.... for being foulmouthed and insulting. Its a site for dills called The Blokey Shed"

Spin_Drift
08-04-2011, 03:34 AM
Robittybob1, I see you have posted on a boat thread also. You haven't done anything wrong here. I hope you learn the rules and play by them. if you keep your self out of trouble, you will be able to stay. It must be a bad feeling, to have been banned on the other forums. I don't know what you did there to bring it on to yourself. You have an opportunity for a fresh start here. Play nice and people will come around and like you. No need for negative assertions. They open the door for more of the same from others. I for one wish you well. Let's see what you're made of. Like I said, you have a fresh opportunity for fun and good communication and to make friends. It might behoove you to close this thread, and start fresh with something positive. Welcome to the WBF, I hope you will make a lot of friends here. :)

Robittybob1
08-04-2011, 03:52 AM
Who cares.... I got a life ban from a forum which actually encouraged bad language and insults.... for being foulmouthed and insulting. Its a site for dills called The Blokey Shed"Yes I can understand that but there aren't that many boating forums as far as I can tell from Google. OK that might just mean I'm not searching correctly, so I need to be able to work the forums, for this project I'm working on. The forum moderators of Classic Yachts were in contact with Crew.org.nz (so they banned me) and they in turn closed my thread down on Cruisers and Sailing forum. Then the guys on Yachting and Boating used all this to pick on me again. It was a chain reaction that I had no way of stopping it.
I put it down to upsetting someone with major influence in NZ high society on the Classic Yachts forum (OK it is just a suspicion). I've been here on Wooden boats forums for weeks and got no aggravation, but after last night's frustration on the Yachting and Boating, I thought I would vent my frustration using the few remaining forums I knew off.
OK it may not be the right thing to do, but what I wanted to get across, is the element of fairness. Please don't judge me here by what has happened elsewhere.

ramillett
08-04-2011, 04:02 AM
lesion to splin-dift . loose the thread . start fresh without the vent :)

Spin_Drift
08-04-2011, 04:16 AM
[B]••lesion••[B] to splin-dift . loose the thread . start fresh without the vent :)••••••Sorry, what is that word?

Robittybob1
08-04-2011, 04:16 AM
Robittybob1, I see you have posted on a boat thread also. You haven't done anything wrong here. I hope you learn the rules and play by them. if you keep your self out of trouble, you will be able to stay. It must be a bad feeling, to have been banned on the other forums. I don't know what you did there to bring it on to yourself. You have an opportunity for a fresh start here. Play nice and people will come around and like you. No need for negative assertions. They open the door for more of the same from others. I for one wish you well. Let's see what you're made of. Like I said, you have a fresh opportunity for fun and good communication and to make friends. It might behoove you to close this thread, and start fresh with something positive. Welcome to the WBF, I hope you will make a lot of friends here. :)Had a quick look through your website, I could see you have a heart of gold. Tomorrow is Friday and I will delete this thread.
"behoove" I have not seen that word used for a long time :-)

Spin_Drift
08-04-2011, 04:25 AM
Why wait till tomorrow to remove it? This is your personal "dirty laundry ". No reason to air it so publicily. No need to leave it here as it will do you more harm than good. You have vented. It's done. Let's create something positive. ••••Thank you for your kind words. :)

Robittybob1
08-04-2011, 04:41 AM
Why wait till tomorrow to remove it? This is your personal "dirty laundry ". No reason to air it so publicily. No need to leave it here as it will do you more harm than good. You have vented. It's done. Let's create something positive. ••••Thank you for your kind words. :)It is not long till Friday for me! only 1 hour to go.
It is just horror of getting one of those permanent ban messages. To me it felt like Judgement Day or the day in court where the Judge issues you with your death sentence. It is horrible especially when it comes out of the blue. Must be like having a sudden heart attack. The terror of it all. And you are left shut out. The door is shut, you are condemned.

"You have been banned for the following reason:
After receiving a number of complaints, the only option is to issue you with a permanent ban. I have investigated a number of posts you have made and feel that they are not appropriate for these forums. Publishing PMs is also not appreciated.

Larks
08-04-2011, 04:48 AM
Sunshine, why the hell would you post a thread that you will delete tomorrow anyway? If it's such that you think it needs deleting you should never have started it in the first place. I just don't get jokers like you........is it just an unhealthy infatuation with having an audience or what? Very weird.....

Robittybob1
08-04-2011, 05:07 AM
Sunshine, why the hell would you post a thread that you will delete tomorrow anyway? If it's such that you think it needs deleting you should never have started it in the first place. I just don't get jokers like you........is it just an unhealthy infatuation with having an audience or what? Very weird.....I wasn't going to delete it. But I have been convinced by Spin Drift to delete it. It is just a matter of when.

Larks
08-04-2011, 05:49 AM
I wasn't going to delete it. But I have been convinced by Spin Drift to delete it. It is just a matter of when.

Fair enough then, but why wait? If not for the audience??

BTW, if you do understand my signature line, which I take from your PM that you like (thankyou) it means that you'd never bother deleting what you write. Those of us who are bothered by what you write don't matter a jot, that is if you really are being yourself.

Andrew Craig-Bennett
08-04-2011, 05:55 AM
I do sometimes drop in on the ybw forum's equivalent of the Bilge - called the Lounge - definitely a rougher atmosphere than here.

Robittybob1
08-04-2011, 05:58 AM
Fair enough then, by why wait? If not for the audience??

BTW, if you do understand my signature line, which I take from your PM that you like (thankyou) it means that you'd never bother deleting what you write. Those of us who are bothered by what you write don't matter a jot, that is if you really are being yourself.I could that too, but I would end up being banned from Wooden Boats as well so in my case those that are bothered by what I write do matter. If I didn't need the Forum I could be myself.

Dutch
08-04-2011, 06:00 AM
If I didn't need the Forum I could be myself

took the words right out of my mouth

sort of

Robittybob1
08-04-2011, 06:12 AM
The End