PDA

View Full Version : Surper Congress... Super Fascism.

Tylerdurden
08-02-2011, 03:52 AM
So far everything I read on this legislation gives the super congress far more power than originally what we were led to believe.
They can tackle any legislation as they are not restricted to budget concerns alone. I warned you this crisis was a staged managed event. You fools, that's the last straw.

Super Congress Getting Even More Super Powers In Debt Dealhttp://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/07/31/super-congress-debt-ceiling-deficit-deal_n_914272.html

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c350/mudhutwarrior/american-school-children-bellamy-salute.jpg

seanz
08-02-2011, 04:05 AM
So far everything I read on this legislation gives the super congress far more power than originally what we were led to believe.
They can tackle any legislation as they are not restricted to budget concerns alone. I warned you this crisis was a staged managed event. You fools, that's the last straw.

Super Congress Getting Even More Super Powers In Debt Dealhttp://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/07/31/super-congress-debt-ceiling-deficit-deal_n_914272.html

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c350/mudhutwarrior/american-school-children-bellamy-salute.jpg

I was going to give you grief for your spelling but that bit of melodrama just made me chuckle.

"Look-out, it's Surper congress!"

"Who?"

"Surper-congress!!"

"But I can't see him kids, where is he?"

"Behind you!"

In all seriousness......what crisis? The debt ceiling has been raised before, and anyway, the $US has been "funny-money" since WW2.

Tylerdurden
08-02-2011, 04:11 AM
Think about it. You have a six memeber panel who can run through any legislation without either body being able to stop it. I know you have no direct involvement in our internal matters but this is the last part of the enabling legislation bringing on a soft dictatorship. It's all over now.

seanz
08-02-2011, 04:36 AM
It's 12 members.

And, from the 3rd paragraph

Under the reported framework, legislation the new congressional committee writes would be fast-tracked through Congress and could not be filibustered or amended.

Which doesn't mean that it can't be voted against.

I won't say that it isn't the start of a soft dictatorship, I'll say that the soft dictatorship hasn't got any umm.....harder.....fluffybunnyrabbitsfluffybunnyra bbitsfluffybunnyrabbits

Nicholas Scheuer
08-02-2011, 04:47 AM
The real "fascism" starts when a majority of our f----d-up countrymen(people) succeed "throwing out the whole lot in Washington" and voting for the person who promises to "straighten out the mess in Washington, singlehanded".

Hey, Hitler did it in Berlin, and he was a nutcase. Think what a slightly saner man or woman might do? The sheep are always hungry for a herds(person).

Moby Nick

Joe Dupere
08-02-2011, 05:00 AM
Hey Mark, you didn't seem to care too much about it when it came up in this thread http://forum.woodenboat.com/showthread.php?134221-A-SuperCongress&highlight=Super+Congress
Why does it matter this week, when it didn't then?

Joe, FFPoP

Nicholas Scheuer
08-02-2011, 05:34 AM
The media has been intensly searching out "folks on the street" who will answer "let's throw all of them out, there's got to be a better way", when asked what they think. I don't know how many I've heard utter wotrds to that effect in recent days.

Moby Nick

Tylerdurden
08-02-2011, 05:37 AM
Your link is bad so I don't even know is I saw it. At that time it was only a proposal and word was it was only concerning the budget. Besides if you read my other comments you would see I thought the whole thing was a deception from the start.
Staged managed. Create a crisis,Get a reaction and offer a solution. It's the way Fascism goes.

RichKrough
08-02-2011, 06:20 AM
I see this so-called "super congress" as a patch for avoiding future hijacking of the legislative process by populist movements like the tea party. I see no negative here.

LeeG
08-02-2011, 06:33 AM
kicking the decision making on what to cut to 12 people that will be voted on by Congress is fascism?

Joe Dupere
08-02-2011, 06:54 AM
Your link is bad so I don't even know is I saw it. At that time it was only a proposal and word was it was only concerning the budget. Besides if you read my other comments you would see I thought the whole thing was a deception from the start.
Staged managed. Create a crisis,Get a reaction and offer a solution. It's the way Fascism goes.

Mark, I fixed the link, checked it, and it works now. You should take a look at it. You might find it interesting.

Joe, FFPoP

Tylerdurden
08-02-2011, 07:09 AM
Mark, I fixed the link, checked it, and it works now. You should take a look at it. You might find it interesting.

Joe, FFPoP

Your point?

Joe Dupere
08-02-2011, 04:02 PM
Your point?

I dunno Mark. I'm just asking. When Norman brought it up a few days back, you had nothing to say about the Super Congress, good or bad. Now you're starting a thread on the same thing, and based on what you wrote above, I'm guessing you think it's really bad. I'm just curious why you didn't say so then.

Joe, FFPoP

seanz
08-02-2011, 04:31 PM
Oh great, now Glen has me on ignore.