PDA

View Full Version : Let me try that

troutman
08-01-2011, 03:14 PM
Ronald Reagan raised the debt ceiling 18 times. So if we ever stumble into another reep president and he needs to raise the ceiling suppose the dems say no way until you pass our gun control bill or our same sex marriage bill or until you fund a million new teachers. I'm hearing people who should know better crediting the tea party with focusing the agenda. Simple, they broke the rules holding the debt ceiling hostage. You think it was cleaver? Don't gripe next time someone kicks your car window in and steals your camera.

Phillip Allen
08-01-2011, 03:16 PM
you seem a little bothered... breathe slowly... relax, comrad

Waddie
08-01-2011, 03:24 PM
Ronald Reagan raised the debt ceiling 18 times. So if we ever stumble into another reep president and he needs to raise the ceiling suppose the dems say no way until you pass our gun control bill or our same sex marriage bill or until you fund a million new teachers. I'm hearing people who should know better crediting the tea party with focusing the agenda. Simple, they broke the rules holding the debt ceiling hostage. You think it was cleaver? Don't gripe next time someone kicks your car window in and steals your camera.

cleaver Talk about your Freudian slip................:)

regards,
Waddie

troutman
08-01-2011, 03:31 PM
Philip, bothered? I'm relaxing on the porch rattling your chain and having some dweeb spell check me. Got any ideas.

bobbys
08-01-2011, 06:46 PM
I put rat traps under my seat so let them break in ,.

If successful or not its up to the Gods if RR is to blame

ccmanuals
08-01-2011, 07:09 PM

i like it. sounds like a plan.

Arizona Bay
08-01-2011, 07:11 PM

I see it as domestic economic terrorism.
If another country had originated it, we'd be calling for meetings at the UN, and doing target planning.

bobbys
08-01-2011, 07:25 PM
If another country had originated it, we'd be calling for meetings at the UN, and doing target planning..

terrorism is asking to live within ones means?

I knew my wife was a terrorist!

Glen Longino
08-01-2011, 07:29 PM
If another country had originated it, we'd be calling for meetings at the UN, and doing target planning.

Bingo!
If another country had done this dirty deed to us the Tea Party voters would be screaming like stuck hogs at the perfidy.

wardd
08-01-2011, 07:32 PM
Bingo!
If another country had done this dirty deed to us the Tea Party voters would be screaming like stuck hogs at the perfidy.

i wonder if they will be screaming when the affects sink in on them

Peter Malcolm Jardine
08-01-2011, 07:37 PM
Don't gripe next time someone kicks your car window in and steals your camera.

I don't even take the keys out of my ignition when I park my car in the driveway.

Keith Wilson
08-01-2011, 07:43 PM
terrorism is asking to live within ones means?Y'know, this gets repeated over and over like it actually made some sense, sometimes even by people who really should know better. For a person who is already making as much money as he reasonably can, "living within one's means" is a useful concept. The government is different. It can decide how much money it takes in by setting tax rates. It can borrow on spectacularly favorable terms, The US can even, within limits, create money out of thin air. In addition, the government is so large a portion of the nation's economy that what it does has a strong feedback effect. When a government borrows more money and hires more people or pays for more projects, it puts money into the economy and creates demand, and thereby increases tax revenue. Adopting austerity measures, laying people off, cancelling projects, stopping spending, takes money out of the economy and reduces demand, and tends to reduce tax revenue. These effects can be quite large.

Now reasonable people can differ about whether the government should do any particular thing, about how high taxes should be, and about how much money the government should borrow. But reducing a very complicated problem to a fatuous little childish catchphrase like "live with one's means" is a mark of either propaganda, ignorance, or idiocy.

The Republicans created an artificial crisis by threatening to terribly damage the US economy. They did this to extract policy concessions that they had nowhere near the votes to get otherwise. This is equivalent to hostage taking. In the long run, it does't bode well for American government.

Arizona Bay
08-01-2011, 07:46 PM
i wonder if they will be screaming when the affects sink in on them Yep, but they'll blame O'bama.
It would be too complex a thought process for them to get further than that.
However the ones manipulating the Teabaggers with emotional drama, know exactly what they are doing.

I only take my keys out because the doors want to lock themselves on their own accord.

LeeG
08-01-2011, 07:50 PM
But reducing a very complicated problem to a fatuous little childish catchphrase like "live with one's means" is a mark of either propaganda, ignorance, or idiocy.

used to be willful ignorance, it's matured to idiocy.

Glen Longino
08-01-2011, 07:52 PM
..."propaganda, ignorance, or idiocy"...

In this instance, all three!

Rich Jones
08-01-2011, 09:54 PM
Well said, Keith!

McMike
08-02-2011, 05:18 AM
Here, here, Keith!

Tylerdurden
08-02-2011, 05:43 AM
Idiocy is thinking any economy can be saved by creating more debt when unemployment is at 23% and interest rates are in the toilet. The day rates rise its over.
Simple math and it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure that out.

stevebaby
08-02-2011, 06:06 AM
So how do you fix your economy and get people back to work?

Phillip Allen
08-02-2011, 06:10 AM
So how do you fix your economy and get people back to work?

traditionally... WAR

Wavewacker
08-02-2011, 06:16 AM
I thought that the goal of bankrupting the government and choking the economy was Bin Laden's goal, my mistake.

stevebaby
08-02-2011, 06:34 AM
traditionally... WARBeen tried twice now and it hasn't worked, has it?

stevebaby
08-02-2011, 06:36 AM
I thought that the goal of bankrupting the government and choking the economy was Bin Laden's goal, my mistake.
Bin Laden: 2
USA:0
He couldn't have planned this better himself. The irony is that the American people are willingly carrying out his mission for him.

troutman
08-02-2011, 09:17 AM
Philip, turn off the cap lock and calm down, take a deep breath, chill out you'll blow a gasket.

Phillip Allen
08-02-2011, 10:44 AM
Been tried twice now and it hasn't worked, has it?

it just worries me... surely we won't do even more (sigh)

Phillip Allen
08-02-2011, 10:46 AM
Bin Laden: 2
USA:0
He couldn't have planned this better himself. The irony is that the American people are willingly carrying out his mission for him.

I agree but peolple won't listen... and no one's leading with a better way... cowards I think or perhap only opportuinists without a conscience