PDA

View Full Version : Where to sell used sliding seat w/oars????

dlandsberger
07-29-2011, 07:30 PM
Hi -- I'm new to rowing. I bought a used Little Rangley to use over here in the Assateague Bay. It came with a Piantedosi sliding seat and sculls as well as some Smith & Tenney oars. I love the boat and rowing, and have ordered some new Smith & Tenney oars with wider blades as it will suit my rowing style better (I think). I have tried and tried the sliding seat and just don't like it -- plus its impossible to get out of my narrow canal with oars that wide, and the sliding seat precludes using the regular oars! I have NO idea where to sell these --- I can't believe that eBay is the best place. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks
David

Bobcat
07-29-2011, 07:36 PM
I have seen them on my local craigslist and then get snapped up

Reynard38
07-29-2011, 07:43 PM
I tried to sell an almost new front rower on eBay and got nothing but lowball offers despite a low buy it now price.Considering your location I think craigslist would be a better venue.

ErikH
08-02-2011, 02:50 PM
Hi -- I'm new to rowing. I bought a used Little Rangley to use over here in the Assateague Bay. It came with a Piantedosi sliding seat and sculls as well as some Smith & Tenney oars. I love the boat and rowing, and have ordered some new Smith & Tenney oars with wider blades as it will suit my rowing style better (I think). I have tried and tried the sliding seat and just don't like it -- plus its impossible to get out of my narrow canal with oars that wide, and the sliding seat precludes using the regular oars! I have NO idea where to sell these --- I can't believe that eBay is the best place. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks
David

Is there a CLC forum? Many of the CLC boats (e.g. the annopolis wherry) are riggable for the drop in seat; I'd try there.

Thorne
08-04-2011, 07:05 PM
Try contacting your local rowing clubs, TSCA chapter, etc -- best chance of selling it to a real rower and you avoid dealing with CL hustlers. I'd keep the S&T oars until you try your new ones...

rvanvoris
08-10-2011, 12:38 PM
Try Row2k website they have a classified section for rowing gear. I have bought and sold oars and a rack for a double there.

dlandsberger
08-10-2011, 06:58 PM
Thanks for all your suggestions - have placed ads as suggested.
David

Carlsboats
08-21-2011, 05:43 PM
Try the row2k website. They have a classified adv service for all things connected to rowing. I think you can post with them for free.