PDA

View Full Version : "I weigh too much because I eat too much," he said. "And I eat some bad things too."

Paul Pless
07-29-2011, 09:28 AM
Was there a liberal over-reaction yesterday? I mean come-on dude had an asthma attack . . .

Phillip Allen
07-29-2011, 09:30 AM
who?

Canoez
07-29-2011, 09:31 AM
Was thinking you might be self-identifying a bit, Slim.

Paul Pless
07-29-2011, 09:39 AM
Was thinking you might be self-identifying a bit, Slim.Hey, that's lefty's line for me.

Cuyahoga Chuck
07-29-2011, 09:39 AM
Was there a liberal over-reaction yesterday? I mean come-on dude had an asthma attack . . .

Confused? It was speculation yesterday but today seems to be true.
A fatman as president? Dream on.

Canoez
07-29-2011, 09:44 AM
Hey, that's lefty's line for me.

I was just worried he might not notice it! :D

Chris Coose
07-29-2011, 09:54 AM
"You are what you eat" anon
"You dig your grave with your teeth." My Irish Grandmother.
"Chew more. Sing a happy song." My wife

S.V. Airlie
07-29-2011, 10:00 AM
"Have some more potatoes"..My Irish grandmother
" Chew more, it begins to taste better if you do."My wife..

Corrected this for you Chris.:)

Concordia 33
07-29-2011, 10:03 AM
Definitely an over-reaction. I think a lot of Obama supporters think that those wanting a better alternative to our current president would wring their hands over his sudden illness and weight.

I don't care if he weighs 800 pounds if he can resolve our financial problems, maintain our national security and provide adequately for our citizens. He is no worse of a healthy living role-model than our current president who (during the primaries stated he had quit smoking and tasked the press to hold him accountable to this) but now smokes in private. You will never see him smoke even though he admits that he does.

I never liked President Bush 43, but I know a Marine that was detailed with him. When the President would go to Crawford (which was too often in my opinion) he would take one or two of the Marines on a run with him. I was told that you had to bring your A game when you went running with him - he was very healthy.

S.V. Airlie
07-29-2011, 10:09 AM
Illness.Heck we re elected FDR for a fourth term. If anyone was sick, he was. And he was thin in relation to Taft. He died within four months of his last election. Wilson was thin..So much for a stroke. It is not just weight. It is a lot of different factors that have to be taken into account.

BA.Barcolounger
07-29-2011, 11:20 AM
Obesity is an aggravating factor with Asthma.

S.V. Airlie
07-29-2011, 11:25 AM
So is Heart disease but it doesn't have to the major factor.. Just a contributing one. It's better to be thinner. I will grant you that.

ccmanuals
07-29-2011, 11:27 AM
I think most Obama supporters could care less about the gov of NJ. (with the exception of course of NJ residents, they might care).

Waddie
07-29-2011, 11:28 AM
Am I witnessing discrimination against the obese here? Is it still politically correct to take verbal shots at fat people? I sure hope so, they're about the last group I am allowed to make fun of......please don't take that away......:)

regards,
Waddie

Concordia 33
07-29-2011, 11:35 AM
I think most Obama supporters could care less about the gov of NJ. (with the exception of course of NJ residents, they might care).

Then why did the most prominent WBF Obama Ideologue post and comment on the news that Christie was brought to the hospital, and that this would end any presidential aspirations?

I imagine that these days, a grossly overweight guy has little chance, as a Presidential candidate. Not all contenders are perfectly healthy, but there's a certain image required, here in the 21st century, that wasn't necessary 100 years ago.
http://forum.woodenboat.com/showthread.php?134435-Chris-Christie-hospitalized

Mrleft8
07-29-2011, 11:47 AM
Hey, that's lefty's line for me.

I'm willing to share! :D
(Slim!) :D

S.V. Airlie
07-29-2011, 12:09 PM
I think most Obama supporters could care less about the gov of NJ. (with the exception of course of NJ residents, they might care). If it is like many supporters, I would be surprised if a majority knew who the Gov.of NJ was.:)

BA.Barcolounger
07-29-2011, 02:07 PM
If it is like many supporters, I would be surprised if a majority knew who the Gov.of NJ was.:)

He's the guy that took the state police helicopter to a little league game.

Paul Pless
07-29-2011, 02:08 PM
Am I witnessing discrimination against the obese here? Is it still politically correct to take verbal shots at fat people? I sure hope so, they're about the last group I am allowed to make fun of......please don't take that away......:)

regards,
Waddielaugh it up