PDA

View Full Version : Herman Cain, yet another ignorant American MEM bigot Republican Candidate

Osborne Russell
07-18-2011, 01:39 PM
Plenty of executive experience (Chairman of Godfather's Pizza) and an idiot nonetheless.

Presidential candidate Herman Cain on Sunday defended his opposition to a new mosque in Tennessee, expressing concern about Shariah law and declaring Americans "have the right" to ban mosques in their communities.

Cain, who stirred controversy this year by saying he would be uncomfortable appointing a Muslim to his Cabinet if elected, first expressed concern Thursday about the controversial mosque in Murfreesboro, Tenn. That mosque has been the subject of demonstrations and legal challenges in the wake of the controversy over the so-called "Ground Zero mosque" in New York City.

Speaking on "Fox News Sunday," Cain said he came out against the Tennessee mosque after talking to members of that community. He said the site is "hallowed ground" to Murfreesboro residents and that they're concerned about "the intentions of trying to get Shariah law" -- the code governing conduct in Islamic societies.

"It's not just a mosque for religious purposes. This is what the people are objecting to," he said.

Asked whether any community should be able to prohibit a mosque, Cain said they should.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2011/07/17/cain-says-communities-have-right-to-ban-mosques/#ixzz1SU1U28uO

wardd
07-18-2011, 01:41 PM
can we ban republican too?

Osborne Russell
07-18-2011, 01:43 PM
can we ban republican too?

I suppose so, if, like Islam, it's not just a religion, but a set of laws.

Peerie Maa
07-18-2011, 01:47 PM
plenty of executive experience (chairman of godfather's pizza) and a bigot nonetheless.

ftfy

Phillip Allen
07-18-2011, 01:55 PM
what a bigoted thread title... no thanks

wardd
07-18-2011, 01:57 PM
what a bigoted thread title... no thanks

it's like calling hitler a nazi

Mrleft8
07-18-2011, 01:57 PM
Catchy name...... "Godfather's pizza" not dipping into any stereotypes there are we?

Dutch
07-18-2011, 02:08 PM
I live barely a quarter mile from a large mosque.... never noticed any Sharia law, just a lot of minivans delivering kids to the religious school :):)

do the menstrating girls sit in the back ?

http://forum.woodenboat.com/showthread.php?133969-Muslims-Invade-Toronto-Government-Schools&

wardd
07-18-2011, 02:26 PM
This parade of Republican contender dummies is relentlessly amusing.

Who's next?
Casey Anthony?

skeery too

Bobcat
07-18-2011, 04:04 PM
What a breathtaking comment. He would howl if anyone suggested that communities can ban Christian churches or Jewish temples.

(What's MEM?)

SMARTINSEN
07-18-2011, 04:23 PM
(What's MEM?)

Middle East Monotheism ie: Judeo-Christian-Islamic

That one was much harder to figure out than EBS.

Bobcat
07-18-2011, 04:27 PM
Thanks. I never would have guessed.

It's interesting that not one post supports Cain's position

BrianW
07-18-2011, 04:52 PM
I use the level of rhetoric in the subject title as a measuring tool to judge if I should read up on a possible candidate.

Also, if the attacks start immediately upon arrival of said person on the national scene, it's a good sign his opponents are very worried about him.

If, the dog-piling and feeding frenzy escalate, I know for sure its going to be a good one.

So far, this dude has all the right stuff.

:D

wardd
07-18-2011, 04:57 PM
I use the level of rhetoric in the subject title as a measuring tool to judge if I should read up on a possible candidate.

Also, if the attacks start immediately upon arrival of said person on the national scene, it's a good sign his opponents are very worried about him.

If, the dog-piling and feeding frenzy escalate, I know for sure its going to be a good one.

he has all the right stuff to be a republican

Bobcat
07-18-2011, 05:02 PM

Do you support his position that communities have the right to ban mosques?

Osborne Russell
07-18-2011, 05:16 PM
Thanks. I never would have guessed.

Sorry for any confusion.

As the originator of the term "MEM" no doubt I should have sought to capitalize on it. I've been using it here since the Chimp days. It's intended as a shorthand for the proposition that to an MEM adherent, the differences are enough for an eternity of war and divine intervention of every kind, up to and including eternal damnation and the end of the universe, whereas, to an outsider, the differences are about as relevant as as which breed of dog is currently peeing on the fence.

Bobcat
07-18-2011, 05:21 PM
'I don't know what you mean by "glory",' Alice said.
Humpty Dumpty smiled contemptuously. 'Of course you don't — till I tell you. I meant "there's a nice knock-down argument for you!"'
'But "glory" doesn't mean "a nice knock-down argument",' Alice objected.
'When I use a word,' Humpty Dumpty said, in rather a scornful tone, 'it means just what I choose it to mean — neither more nor less.'

Osborne Russell
07-18-2011, 05:25 PM
I use the level of rhetoric in the subject title as a measuring tool to judge if I should read up on a possible candidate . . . So far, this dude has all the right stuff.

If ignorant bigotry is your thrill, here's some more:
Some people have commented that they cannot support Mitt Romney because he is a Mormon. When they are pressed to explain why that is objectionable, they stutter. Still others are skeptical of Mitt Romney based solely on hearsay or lack of knowledge about Mormons . . . Christianity has several denominations with different practices. Misperceptions or lack of clarity about someone's religious beliefs can only distort one's reasoning in deciding who to vote for.

-- Herman Cain (emphasis added)
http://www.economicfreedomcoalition.com/news/press-opinion-102907.asp

He has stated that he was "uncomfortable" when he found that the surgeon operating on his liver and colon cancer was Muslim, later explaining "based upon the little knowledge that I have of the Muslim religion, you know, they have an objective to convert all infidels or kill them" . . . Following a number of such comments, he was asked in March 2011 if he would feel comfortable appointing a Muslim to his administration or as a Judge. Cain said "No, I will not ... There's this creeping attempt, there's this attempt, to gradually ease Shariah Law, and the Muslim faith into our government.

But remember, ignorant bigotry is junior in rank to cognitive dissonance. CogDiss is for the elite Special Forces of the Chimp Squad.

Osborne Russell
07-18-2011, 05:31 PM
'When I use a word,' Humpty Dumpty said, in rather a scornful tone, 'it means just what I choose it to mean — neither more nor less.'

What do other people mean by MEM?

Bobcat
07-18-2011, 05:37 PM
What do other people mean by MEM?

Kinda of my point: I don't think other people use this abbreviation. It was completely unintelligible to me.

Joe Dupere
07-18-2011, 08:20 PM

Based on the above, I take it you'll be supporting Barak Obama in the 2012 election, correct? :D

Joe, FFPoP

Gerarddm
07-18-2011, 11:20 PM
Clearly Herman Cain isn't a Constitutional scholar. Or, evidently, a reader either.

Dutch
07-18-2011, 11:25 PM
Clearly Herman Cain isn't a Constitutional scholar. Or, evidently, a reader either.

but smart enough to make a fortune from nothing with no help from government assistance and become chairman of the federal reserve bank of kansas

whats your excuse?

Ian McColgin
07-18-2011, 11:35 PM
Cain certainly made a series of fortunes from the top of the franchise ponzi-schemes of Burger King and Godfather's Pizza. That means that he is very shrewd about how to exploit people for his own profit. And how to teach others part of the art so that they can manage parts of the empire. It does not make him smart.

Blowtorch
07-19-2011, 01:43 AM
Has he forgot that a lot of these mooooooooooslims are citzens and entitled to worship as they please?

Osborne Russell
07-19-2011, 11:16 AM
Has he forgot that a lot of these mooooooooooslims are citzens and entitled to worship as they please?

He hasn't forgotten it, it's just that he's "with the people on this one" as he says. To them few things are more self-evident than the proposition that you can be a citizen and still not an American. They would do well to be cautious of reliance on that principle lest it be applied to themselves. Like this: they're not Americans, they're ignorant MEM'er bigots infesting America like maggots.

wardd
07-19-2011, 11:28 AM
there are more muslims in the usa than jews, should we deny jews permits to build synagogs?

LeeG
07-19-2011, 11:56 AM
I'd like more Basque restaurants

Tylerdurden
07-19-2011, 11:58 AM
I am just amazed at how many people buy into this dog and pony show on both sides. Well that's entertainment I guess.

LeeG
07-19-2011, 12:05 PM

Come on Brian, a candidates worth isn't is gauged by their negative responses. You may like the reaction Palin got from her detractors but does that make her a good candidate for president?

http://turcopolier.typepad.com/sic_semper_tyrannis/2011/07/stand-up-to-herman-cains-bigotry-eugene-robinson.html

There is an ongoing political and propaganda campaign in the United States with regard to Muslim Americans. Cain's "bigotry" is probably a result of the natural prejudice of the ignorant against "the other." He does not appear to be intelligent enough or well informed enough to have formed such opinions without "help."

A group of think tanks aligned with the overseas adversaries of various groups of Muslims is leading the effort to spread distrust and fear of American Muslims. Unfortunately, there are former and retired US government officials who have joined this effort. Their motivations appear to be variously ethnic or financial in that these think tanks have succeeded in obtaining government contracts for the training of local police for the purpose of safeguarding the populace against the American Muslim "menace."

-Pat Lang

perldog007
07-19-2011, 02:14 PM
Typical O.R. twaddle. Next?

perldog007
07-19-2011, 02:16 PM
I live barely a quarter mile from a large mosque.... never noticed any Sharia law, just a lot of minivans delivering kids to the religious school :):)

Check out the one in Farmville Va sometime :) :)

Bobcat
07-19-2011, 02:28 PM

What's O.R.?

pefjr
07-19-2011, 02:32 PM
What's O.R.?orangutan----chimp cousin

Bobcat
07-19-2011, 02:35 PM
Orangutan?

None of these comments make any sense

TANSTAF1
07-19-2011, 03:19 PM
Much as I really like and support Herman Cain I have to say he is wrong on this one. But no candidate is perfect. although, he comes close.

Anyway, I do think the people have a right to make it as difficult as possible to build a mosque not with local community funds but rather with Wahhabi foreign money and with the hidden real purpose of eventually overthrowing the constitution and imposing sharia law on all of us. Some other countries make it difficult to impossible for Christian churches or Jewish synagogues to be built. so, I'm Ok with them using snail dater tactics to stop it or make it more expensive by tying it up in legal and permitting processes.

Further, if or when built, I hope the locals have the foresight to buy up some land around it, make sure it is appropriately zoned, and then once it is in operation to start up and support pig farms/slaughter houses, hot dog stands/outdoor pork BBQ grills, bars, night clubs, topless and bottomless show clubs, liquor stores, NAMBLA meeting houses, etc. all right next door to it. It's a free country, right?

leikec
07-19-2011, 04:03 PM
Much as I really like and support Herman Cain I have to say he is wrong on this one. But no candidate is perfect. although, he comes close.

Anyway, I do think the people have a right to make it as difficult as possible to build a mosque not with local community funds but rather with Wahhabi foreign money and with the hidden real purpose of eventually overthrowing the constitution and imposing sharia law on all of us. Some other countries make it difficult to impossible for Christian churches or Jewish synagogues to be built. so, I'm Ok with them using snail dater tactics to stop it or make it more expensive by tying it up in legal and permitting processes.

Further, if or when built, I hope the locals have the foresight to buy up some land around it, make sure it is appropriately zoned, and then once it is in operation to start up and support pig farms/slaughter houses, hot dog stands/outdoor pork BBQ grills, bars, night clubs, topless and bottomless show clubs, liquor stores, NAMBLA meeting houses, etc. all right next door to it. It's a free country, right?

Yes, it is a free country. Anyone has the right to be an equine proctologist's area of expertise...so relax and post away....

Jeff C

Glen Longino
07-19-2011, 07:05 PM

You'll never be free!
You'll likely remain a prisoner of your own limited vision and warped mind!
Live with it!;)

TANSTAF1
07-19-2011, 07:43 PM
Typical lefty response to revert to ad hominem attacks when they have nothing coherent and compelling to say

SMARTINSEN
07-19-2011, 07:50 PM
Typical lefty response to revert to ad hominem attacks when they have nothing coherent and compelling to say

Like your post #37 is thoughtful and incisive commentary? Don't make me laugh.

Glen Longino
07-19-2011, 07:54 PM

It's a free country, right?;)
Besides, my comments were obviously coherent enough for you to understand...
and compelling enough to elicit an ad hominem attack("Typical lefty") response from you.:D

Reynard38
07-19-2011, 08:55 PM
Nobody can step on their collective shlongs better that the Republican party.
White folks won't vote Cain.
The religious right won't vote for Romney.
Moderates will stay away from Perry.
A little over a year to go.
Should be interesting.

ccmanuals
07-19-2011, 09:01 PM
Nobody can step on their collective shlongs better that the Republican party.
White folks won't vote Cain.
The religious right won't vote for Romney.
Moderates will stay away from Perry.
A little over a year to go.
Should be interesting.

where is the "like" button?

Osborne Russell
07-20-2011, 08:28 AM

Anyway, I do think the people have a right . . . to stop it or make it more expensive by tying it up in legal and permitting processes.

Why is the President wrong to advocate what the people, including you, want to do?

Then we go after the Jews, eh? Having perfected the methods.

pcford
07-20-2011, 08:36 AM
do the menstrating girls sit in the back ?

The original Dutch was sometimes clever...one had to give passing admiration...to his bs stories. This new Dutch, who ever he is, is just another Tea Partier. And what's worse...just boring.

TANSTAF1
07-20-2011, 09:23 AM
i love it when lefties just resort to personal attacks rather than trying to make on topic points. It means they acknowledge that I won and they have admitted defeat on the topic. And yes I am able to understand when they are attacking me personally.

LeeG
07-20-2011, 09:35 AM
Tanstaf1, I am not attacking you personally or find your arguments credible. But if that is some kind of reverse psychology where you find validation more power to you.

TANSTAF1
07-20-2011, 09:48 AM
LeeG, did I say you were attacking me personally? Those that did know who they are.

Anyone has the right to be an equine proctologist's area of expertise

You'll likely remain a prisoner of your own limited vision and warped mind!

However I will say that making a simple, unsupported statement that you do not find my arguments credible without saying why is as effective as my saying that I do not find Osborne Russell's (or anyone else's) statements credible. If that's all you're going to say, why bother?

Chris Coose
07-20-2011, 10:44 AM
It means they acknowledge that I won and they have admitted defeat on the topic.

Yes, you are a real winner. You have gone so far as to have kicked the bejesus out of Lefties in the bilge who didn't even read this thread!
Couldn't figure, for the life of me, what that overwhelming sense of defeat I felt yesterday was all about.

Amazing skill. Do you incorporate some kind of headpiece when you battle with lefties?

TANSTAF1
07-20-2011, 10:56 AM
Thanks!

TANSTAF1
07-20-2011, 11:28 AM
Lefties evil waves are usually not efficacious enough and certainly not coherent or compelling to require a tin foil hat:

---Quote (Originally by Chris Coose)---
l. Do you incorporate some kind of headpiece when you battle with lefties?
---End Quote---
Image: http://www.godlikeproductions.com/sm/custom/89f48df48b.jpg

leikec
07-20-2011, 12:59 PM
Lefties evil waves are usually not efficacious enough and certainly not coherent or compelling to require a tin foil hat:

You should float your poll tax idea to Herman Cain and see if he campaigns on it. Go with him door-to-door while he tries to sell the idea.

Or take a trip with me to Warren Avenue in East Dearborn, MI and talk up your ideas about Muslims.

I'll be happy to stand off to the side and watch you defend your point of view to the locals.

Jeff C

Chris Coose
07-20-2011, 04:49 PM
Tin foil is for collecting some of the higher wave frequencies. I was thinking more like this for you.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_SqhhJb_P3Kk/SgN8F5JLR2I/AAAAAAAAG6E/1MWHlGLzFBY/s400/arrow+through+head+911.jpg

Glen Longino
07-20-2011, 04:57 PM
Does anybody remember Tanbark Spanker?
TANSTAF1 must be one and the same!
A newbie one trick pony not worth anybody's response!
Let him wither on the vine!

SMARTINSEN
07-20-2011, 05:46 PM
Spankie was a conspiracy theorist--he was into PrisonPlanet replete with reptilian overlords--FatStan--110 posts, and all in the Bilge--is interested in right wing politics. Two different folks, I think.

Glen Longino
07-20-2011, 06:16 PM
Probably right, Steve. Thanks!

Flying Orca
07-20-2011, 06:29 PM
Yeah, the Spanker was weird enough to be entertaining at least.

SMARTINSEN
07-20-2011, 06:39 PM
To be fair, he is trying to help out Skipper with her wifi problems, good luck to him (he is going to need it :) ).

Flying Orca
07-20-2011, 06:59 PM
I do enough of that during the day that I'm steering way wide. Good of him to jump in though.

TANSTAF1
07-20-2011, 07:50 PM
Sorry, not into conspiracies. I do not want to be entertaining. Sorry again. I know my idea to reinstate the poll tax (which I think is an original) is not realistic, but we need to do something about more people being on the dole than paying taxes as they will eventually just vote themselves more bread and circuses. The idea about putting hot dog stands, etc. around the mosque is not an original. It was suggested in connection with the mosque at ground zero. I know they have the right but nothing says we have to make it easy or pleasant.

I thought about not responding and seeing how long you guys would continue to chase shadows, but then I said, this will be more fun.

Since I am new I did not even know skipper68 was female until Hwyl mentioned it, but it doesn't matter i would help even one of you.

Osborne Russell
07-21-2011, 12:31 PM

What's O.R.?

orangutan----chimp cousin

Orangutan?

None of these comments make any sense

Do you support his position that communities have the right to ban mosques?

The paradigmatic Chimp Squad thread.

Grandma Phillip Allen sees "bigotry" in the thread title, but nowhere else.

Only one substantive response in defense, by TANSTAF. He thinks Cain is "wrong on this one", as if this were an anomaly, not the "real" Herman Cain. Actually TANSTAF takes a more radical position than Cain. But he won't say why. Willing to practice bigotry, but careful not to admit it. Perhaps what he meant was that Cain was wrong tactically, not morally. All CS bigots eventually have to admit it's better tactics to deny your bigotry even as you energetically implement it.

Pef and Perldog have nothing but undiluted ad hominem to offer.

BrianW is happy to admit that he doesn't care if Herman Cain or any other Presidential candidate is a bigot, so long as the right people object to it.

Bobcat asks straight up, who defends Cain? No answer. The only possible conclusion is that these people simply have no intellectual conscience.

Flying Orca
07-21-2011, 12:51 PM
The idea about putting hot dog stands, etc. around the mosque is not an original. It was suggested in connection with the mosque at ground zero. I know they have the right but nothing says we have to make it easy or pleasant.

How about common decency and the Golden Rule?

pefjr
07-21-2011, 12:56 PM
Pef and Perldog have nothing but undiluted ad hominem to offer.

We are just throwing rotten tomatoes back at ya. You have been dismissed as "not worth reading". And it is the ad hominen garden you, yourself have planted. Do a little self study, go back and read your last 100 posts and then maybe you will see your garden is rotten and needs to be plowed under.

TANSTAF1
07-21-2011, 01:00 PM
Actually Cain is/was wrong on other things - supporting TARP for one. But as I think I said, no candidate is perfect. Of those officially in the run, I like Cain and Bachmann, but would prefer Palin or perhaps Perry or Christie if they decided to run. If allowing others to exercise their right to say, run hot dog stands or slaughter houses is bigotry then I guess I am a bigot and proud of it. I guess I am a bigot also for supporting the Muslims right to build a mosque, right? I am bigoted in favor the the US constitution. I swore an oath to uphold and defend it against all enemies foreign and domestic and to bear true faith and allegiance. So I am not denying that I am a bigot according to your definition of bigotry; but rather I am emphatically proclaiming it.

I am not sure how Cain is wrong. I think his position is unAmerican, but as for tactically or morally wrong, I don't know. Tactically if this gets him energetic supporters it may be right for that, but wrong nonetheless.

Glen Longino
07-21-2011, 01:14 PM
We are just throwing rotten tomatoes back at ya. You have been dismissed as "not worth reading". And it is the ad hominen garden you, yourself have planted. Do a little self study, go back and read your last 100 posts and then maybe you will see your garden is rotten and needs to be plowed under.

:DLMAO...look who's lecturing Osborne Russell on ad hominem gardening!
The master ad hominem gardener himself!:D Too funny!

TANSTAF1
07-21-2011, 01:14 PM
Yes, and how about common decency and the golden rule for the Muslims not building one near to ground zero? if they do that, they must secretly wish for a nearby hot dog stand.

BTW: I said that idea was not an original and specifically referenced it to the ground zero mosque.

Peerie Maa
07-21-2011, 02:05 PM
Yes, and how about common decency and the golden rule for the Muslims not building one near to ground zero? if they do that, they must secretly wish for a nearby hot dog stand.

BTW: I said that idea was not an original and specifically referenced it to the ground zero mosque.

Why do you have such a problem with this?

Park51 (originally named Cordoba House) is a planned 13-story Muslim community center (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Community_center) to be located two blocks from the World Trade Center site (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_Trade_Center_site)[5] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Park51#cite_note-nydailynews2-4)[6] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Park51#cite_note-nytimes2-5) in Lower Manhattan (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lower_Manhattan). The majority of the center will be open to the general public and its proponents have said the center will promote interfaith dialogue. It will contain a Muslim prayer space that has controversially[7] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Park51#cite_note-6)[8] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Park51#cite_note-7) been referred to as the "Ground Zero mosque", though numerous commentators noted that it was neither a mosque (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mosque) nor at Ground Zero.

Do you feel that it would be disrespectful to the Muslims killed on September 11 to build such a facility?

TANSTAF1
07-21-2011, 02:19 PM
In the Muslim world's view, it's a victory mosque, plain and simple. Changing the name does not make it not so.

Flying Orca
07-21-2011, 02:24 PM
Yes, and how about common decency and the golden rule for the Muslims not building one near to ground zero?

How on earth does building a mosque in downtown NYC violate decency and reciprocity? Let's unpack this.

if they do that, they must secretly wish for a nearby hot dog stand.

Classic blame-the-victim language. Why am I not surprised?

Flying Orca
07-21-2011, 02:26 PM
In the Muslim world's view, it's a victory mosque, plain and simple. Changing the name does not make it not so.

Do you have any proof of this, or is it just unfounded speculation? 'Cause I think it's BS, and BS being used to justify acts of religious intolerance and hatred at that.

TANSTAF1
07-21-2011, 02:38 PM
Shamu,

Google is your friend.

Flying Orca
07-21-2011, 02:38 PM
No no, you don't dodge that easily. I want you to post proof or admit that you can't.

Glen Longino
07-21-2011, 02:45 PM
You're trying to re-invent sociology to suit your own prejudice and bigotry.
It won't work around here.

leikec
07-21-2011, 03:21 PM

You speak of the "Muslim world" as one entity--and that is proof positive that you don't have a grasp of the subject.

Jeff C

ThomNC
07-21-2011, 03:45 PM
How many years have you studied the Muslim World to arrive at this deep understanding?

thom

pefjr
07-21-2011, 04:19 PM
How many years have you studied the Muslim World to arrive at this deep understanding?

thom:D..

pefjr
07-21-2011, 07:27 PM
You should contract with OR. He has a green thumb for ad hominey and you have the BS, should work out well for the both of you.

wardd
07-21-2011, 07:33 PM
You should contract with OR. He has a green thumb for ad hominey and you have the BS, should work out well for the both of you.

and this is what?

Sam F
07-21-2011, 07:35 PM
Plenty of executive experience (Chairman of Godfather's Pizza) and an idiot nonetheless.

Presidential candidate Herman Cain on Sunday defended his opposition to a new mosque in Tennessee, expressing concern about Shariah law and declaring Americans "have the right" to ban mosques in their communities.

Canada paves the way!
http://patdollard.com/2011/07/toronto-public-school-allows-cafeteria-to-be-used-as-mosque-yet-lords-prayer-still-banned/

http://patdollard.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/Public-School-prayer-500x333.jpg

The photo depicts a row of girls sitting in the cafeteria of Valley Park Middle School in Toronto. The row is segregated behind a mass of students who are participating in an Islamic prayer service. The reason the girls in the back are not praying is because -wait for it -they have their periods...This regulation respects the 1988 Ontario Court of Appeal ruling in the case of Zylberberg v. Sudbury Board of Education. The court held that the Lord’s Prayer could no longer be spoken in public schools, on the grounds that it discriminated against students from other faiths, or who had no religion at all...

Humm... can anyone say Sharia?

wardd
07-21-2011, 07:37 PM
Canada paves the way!
http://patdollard.com/2011/07/toronto-public-school-allows-cafeteria-to-be-used-as-mosque-yet-lords-prayer-still-banned/

http://patdollard.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/Public-School-prayer-500x333.jpg

Humm... can anyone say Sharia?

looks like a prayer service not a court

last i heard it was legal to worship as you please, even in canada

pefjr
07-21-2011, 07:40 PM
and this is what?truth? You could beat Tex to the draw and contract first, but I doubt OR could handle both of your loads.

stevebaby
07-21-2011, 07:41 PM
Canada paves the way!

Humm... can anyone say Sharia?How many women priests does the Catholic Church have?

wardd
07-21-2011, 07:47 PM
truth? You could beat Tex to the draw and contract first, but I doubt OR could handle both of your loads.

still at it?

TANSTAF1
07-21-2011, 07:47 PM
Sorry I have better things to do than waste my time doing research about things you should know already if you listened, watched or read anything besides the lamestream media.. Just Google "victory mosque"

wardd
07-21-2011, 07:53 PM
Westboro Baptist Church

World Church of the Creator

Aryan Nations

i could find more

Sam F
07-21-2011, 07:55 PM
How many women priests does the Catholic Church have?

Not a single one.
How many male nuns did you ever see?

stevebaby
07-21-2011, 07:57 PM
Sorry I have better things to do than waste my time doing research about things you should know already if you listened, watched or read anything besides the lamestream media.. Just Google "victory mosque" I did just that, and this is what I found...http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/2010/aug/23/charlie-brooker-ground-zero-mosque.
I could just as easily have googled "American child murderers" and for sure I'd get thousands of hits...but I certainly wouldn't assume that all Americans murder children on that basis.

wardd
07-21-2011, 07:57 PM
Not a single one.
How many male nuns did you ever see?

so nuns are on an equal footing with the male clergy?

stevebaby
07-21-2011, 07:59 PM
Not a single one.
How many male nuns did you ever see?Dunno Sam. It's hard to tell what sex they are under the burqua. :D

botebum
07-21-2011, 07:59 PM
How many women priests does the Catholic Church have?Excellent Point!
Well Sammy?
How many?

Doug

stevebaby
07-21-2011, 08:07 PM
Not a single one.
How many male nuns did you ever see?http://i.min.us/jbVxSc.jpg (http://min.us/lbVxSc)

TANSTAF1
07-21-2011, 08:13 PM
Try Googling on victory mosque, not ground zero mosque. Also post a screen dump of what page you found your result on.

stevebaby
07-21-2011, 08:16 PM
Try Googling on victory mosque, not ground zero mosque. Also post a screen dump of what page you found your result on.Fourth from the top.
http://www.google.com.au/search?q=victory+mosque&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-GB:official&client=firefox-a
As Charlie Brooker points out, it's not a mosque nor is it at Ground Zero. I've worked with Muslims who prayed in the office. That didn't make my office a mosque.

wardd
07-21-2011, 08:18 PM
christianity is a false religion renders About 2,890,000 results

TANSTAF1
07-21-2011, 08:23 PM
Regarding the school sponsored Muslim worship service, the point is not that many religions (christian, Jewish, Muslim, Hindu, etc.) have many bigoted ways, but that the state's public school is helping to impose them and treating females as second or third class citizens. If a religion does that in their own facilities or their adherents do it at home, that is their business. Canada's codes are supposed to prohibit discrimination in public places such as a school.

wardd
07-21-2011, 08:28 PM
Regarding the school sponsored Muslim worship service, the point is not that many religions (christian, Jewish, Muslim, Hindu, etc.) have many bigoted ways, but that the state's public school is helping to impose them and treating females as second or third class citizens. If a religion does that in their own facilities or their adherents do it at home, that is their business. Canada's codes are supposed to prohibit discrimination in public places such as a school.

drive up to canada and protest

while your there drive to quebec and protest french being spoken

stevebaby
07-21-2011, 08:28 PM
It's not a mosque nor is it at Ground Zero, is it?

TANSTAF1
07-21-2011, 08:33 PM
Ok, seventh from the top for me, but you all are saying I know nothing about Muslims. The view I expressed is well represented. I follow the writings of Fouad Ajami, Brigite Gabriel, and Bernard Lewis - although I differ with some of Lewis' views on Iraq.

TANSTAF1
07-21-2011, 08:46 PM
I find it strange that this discriminatory service is facilitated by a public school, while the Lord's Prayer is banned.

wardd
07-21-2011, 08:51 PM
I find it strange that this discriminatory service is facilitated by a public school, while the Lord's Prayer is banned.

if i were you, i'd jump in my car immediately, drive up to canada and protest

don't forget your passport

Sam F
07-21-2011, 09:07 PM
http://i.min.us/jbVxSc.jpg (http://min.us/lbVxSc)

It's a movie.

Returning to reality, Catholic priests & nuns have been part of Western Civilization for roughly 2000 years.
Sharia Law is another thing entirely.
Here's one way it works out in Canada:
Calgary mom who killed daughter gets probation
"Showing mercy does not mean we approve of the act. It simply means sometimes a particular situation may demand a slightly different solution."
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calgary/story/2010/07/15/calgary-magomadova-sentence-strangled-daughter.html

wardd
07-21-2011, 09:10 PM
It's a movie.

Returning to reality, Catholic priests & nuns have been part of Western Civilization for roughly 2000 years.
"Showing mercy does not mean we approve of the act. It simply means sometimes a particular situation may demand a slightly different solution."
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calgary/story/2010/07/15/calgary-magomadova-sentence-strangled-daughter.html

in canada you say?

do you really want to delve into the history of the church, it's less than godly you know?

Whidbey_One
07-21-2011, 09:25 PM
What a breathtaking comment. He would howl if anyone suggested that communities can ban Christian churches or Jewish temples.

(What's MEM?)

Of course, both Christian churches and Jewish temples are banned in many middle eastern countries (not to say that two wrongs, etc.) Just saying...

wardd
07-21-2011, 09:31 PM
Of course, both Christian churches and Jewish temples are banned in many middle eastern countries (not to say that two wrongs, etc.) Just saying...

what are you saying?

Flying Orca
07-21-2011, 10:12 PM
Sorry I have better things to do than waste my time doing research about things you should know already if you listened, watched or read anything besides the lamestream media.. Just Google "victory mosque"

Heh. FYI, I don't watch television or partake of any mainstream broadcast media other than Canadian and British public radio. I read about one book a day, roughly an even split between nonfiction and fiction, and I dare say that the odds are good I'm as well read as you if not moreso. Your glaring inability to cite a reliable source for your ludicrous "victory mosque" claim speaks for itself; if you'd like to discuss "lamestream" media, we could begin with Rush Limbaugh, who appears to have originated or at least widely disseminated the notion.

But I doubt you have the guts.

stevebaby
07-21-2011, 11:14 PM
It's a movie.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calgary/story/2010/07/15/calgary-magomadova-sentence-strangled-daughter.htmlSharia law? there's absolutely nothing in the quoted article which mentions sharia law.
Maybe you should read the Judge's 25 page decision as to why he imposed the sentence. Until you do so, you have no idea about the sentence.

TANSTAF1
07-22-2011, 06:43 AM
Rather than jump in my redneck truck and head for Canada, I think I'd rather invest my life savings into buying some land next to the new mosque they are constructing and build a combined gay and straight show club specializing in hot dogs and BBQ spare ribs with hourly room rentals out back. I'd have to have enough land to raise my own pigs and for a slaughter house though. I might lose all my money but it would be worth it to do God's work, doncha think? I mean after all the founding fathers pledged their lives and scared honor along with their fortunes.

I wouldn't need a passport for this, right?

stevebaby
07-22-2011, 06:56 AM
Rather than jump in my redneck truck and head for Canada, I think I'd rather invest my life savings into buying some land next to the new mosque they are constructing and build a combined gay and straight show club specializing in hot dogs and BBQ spare ribs with hourly room rentals out back. I'd have to have enough land to raise my own pigs and for a slaughter house though. I might lose all my money but it would be worth it to do God's work, doncha think? I mean after all the founding fathers pledged their lives and scared honor along with their fortunes.

I wouldn't need a passport for this, right?"Scared honour(sic)". An obvious typo, but how appropriate.
It's your money. Go ahead with your investment, but I doubt you'll find many customers. Market research is key.

Flying Orca
07-22-2011, 06:58 AM
Don't forget a garbage can for your decency, common sense, and reciprocity. Way to live down to a stereotype!

Kevin T
07-22-2011, 07:17 AM

I wouldn't need a passport for this, right?

How is the section above the "bolded part" of your statement "God's work"?

Sam F
07-22-2011, 07:26 AM
Sharia law? there's absolutely nothing in the quoted article which mentions sharia law.

Right. Maybe you should not be quite so literal though. Ask yourself why girls in a secular setting are segregated and maybe you'll get the answer. Generally speaking it is obvious enough to not have to be stated explicitly.
But here's a hint: Muslim Sharia law specifies all aspects of life - including where the unclean must sit.
Got it?

Maybe you should read the Judge's 25 page decision as to why he imposed the sentence. Until you do so, you have no idea about the sentence.

Haven't seen it yet. But really how hard is this to figure out? A few Canadian sources have. Here's another one:

A Calgary mother won’t spend a day in jail for killing her teenage daughter with a head scarf — a decision that has prompted outrage.

A national victims’ group, based in Toronto, is stunned by the suspended sentence given to Aset Magomadova by Court of Queen’s Bench Justice Sal LoVecchio on Thursday.

“I really strongly disagree. It sends a massively huge message to the rest of the country and the world that her daughter’s life was valueless,” said Joe Wamback, co-founder and chairman of the Canadian Crime Victims Foundation.

“Even though this girl may have been a handful and trouble, that’s not the issue. The issue is human life. Sentencing is not just about the criminal, but has to speak for the victim and to denunciation.”

In October, LoVecchio acquitted Magomadova, 40, of second-degree murder and found her guilty of manslaughter in the death of Aminat, 14. He placed her on probation for three years with several conditions, including taking counselling for grief, depression and anger management.

The judge rejected an argument by Crown prosecutors Mac Vomberg and Sarah Bhola for a 12-year prison term, instead accepting the position of defence lawyer Alain Hepner, saying a suspended sentence can still meet the demands of justice.

“At first blush (a suspended sentence) may sound like a get-out-of-jail-free card. It is not,” said LoVecchio.

“The court has said the act in question does not merit a period of incarceration. What the court has done is reserved or, to use the word of the statute, suspended judgment on that point for a period of time on conditions. If the conditions are satisfied, then the individual will not be sentenced. If they are breached, the individual will be brought back to the court to be dealt with further.”

Magomadova was charged after the deadly incident at their home the morning of Feb. 26, 2007, after Aminat refused to go to court to be sentenced for assaulting a female teacher at her school.

The devout Muslim mother claimed Aminat came at her with a knife in her sewing room, where she prayed several times a day. She said she reacted by wrapping the scarf around her daughter’s neck and twice told the girl to put the knife down before the teen lost consciousness.

A knife was found in the room, but the daughter’s fingerprints were not on it.

LoVecchio, who rejected a defence of self-defence, deemed the woman did not intend to kill the teen, even though medical examiner Dr. Sam Andrews testified that death as a result of such an act would have taken at least 2 1/2 minutes.

Jennifer Koshan, an associate professor at the University of Calgary’s faculty of law who researches family violence, said the vast majority of fatal family violence cases involve husbands killing their wives.

“It’s relatively unusual to see a mother killing a child, especially an older child,” said Koshan. “So it’s rare for the court to be faced with this situation. Maybe that influenced the judge in his decision.”

Marilyn Millions, one of Magomadova’s sponsors with St. James Anglican Church, said outside court she was relieved “at the compassion and mercy that has been shown” by the court.

“There were lots of tears and emotion,” she said. “If you’ve lived through it and you’ve gotten to know these people, it’s all in the context. It’s a lot different than reading a little bit about it. It’s a very different situation.”

Millions also said it was the wish of the family that “people would know mental-health services for young people and help for their families will be improved, and changes made to the system, so that others who have to go through similar situations do not fall through the cracks.”

Hepner said his client was crying after she learned she’d be free to go home and agreed it was an appropriate sentence.

“The judge considered all the factors and it was a very lengthy decision,” said Hepner, who had sought either a conditional jail sentence to be served in the community or the suspended sentence. “He considered the background, psychological and psychiatric background. What else can a judge do in arriving at a proper decision?”

LoVecchio said he wrestled with the dynamics of the family in reaching his conclusions.

He noted that the woman came to Canada for a better life for herself and her children from Chechnya, where her husband had been killed by Russian invaders and she had part of her foot blown off.

“This was a family in crisis with events spiralling out of control,” he said, alluding to the friction between Aset and Aminat leading up to the deadly confrontation that morning.

“It cannot be reduced to simply a case of mom choosing to kill her daughter as a form of discipline because she misbehaved. Quite simply, the events of that morning cannot be seen as a single isolated event.”

The Crown appealed the conviction long ago and is almost certain to take the sentence to the Alberta Court of Appeal, but Vomberg said he could not comment about such a possible situation at this time.

Both sides are allowed under law to have 30 days to file a notice of appeal.

Calgary Herald http://www.canada.com/news/Outrage+over+ruling+that+strangled+daughter+jailed/3284086/story.html

But all that is just par for the Sharia course. Don't believe me?

Theft ...The Koran says:

5:38 Cut off the hands of thieves, whether they are male or female, as punishment for what they have done—a deterrent from God: God is almighty and wise.

Adultery... The Koran says:

24:2 The fornicatress and the fornicator, flog each of them with a hundred stripes. Let not pity withhold you in their case, in a punishment prescribed by Allah, if you believe in Allah and the Last Day. And let a party of the believers witness their punishment. [This punishment is for unmarried persons guilty of the above crime (illegal sex), but if married persons commit it (illegal sex), the punishment is to stone them to death, according to Allah's law]. (Hilali and Khan).] http://www.canadianlawsite.ca/sharia-law-canada.htm

The fact that people on the forum would attack 2K old features of Western Civilization reflexively and in so doing deny the alien aspects of Sharia is not exactly the brightest thing a person could do. ;)

TANSTAF1
07-22-2011, 07:36 AM
But, but, but - it's OK to kill disobedient 14 year old Muslim girls or to make them sit in the back of the bus.

Peerie Maa
07-22-2011, 07:39 AM
How is the section above the "bolded part" of your statement "God's work"?

Bacchus, Priapus, one of those gods?

Kevin T
07-22-2011, 07:47 AM
Bacchus, Priapus, one of those gods?

:d Got it!

We lift a glass to Bacchus nightly, some nights we lift several.

Now that's a god I can get onboard with.

stevebaby
07-22-2011, 07:50 AM
Right. Maybe you should not be quite so literal though. Ask yourself why girls in a secular setting are segregated and maybe you'll get the answer. Generally speaking it is obvious enough to not have to be stated explicitly.
But here's a hint: Muslim Sharia law specifies all aspects of life - including where the unclean must sit.
Got it?

Haven't seen it yet. But really how hard is this to figure out? A few Canadian sources have. Here's another one:

But all that is just par for the Sharia course. Don't believe me?

The fact that people on the forum would attack 2K old features of Western Civilization reflexively and in so doing deny the alien aspects of Sharia is not exactly the brightest thing a person could do. ;)I'm quite bewildered by your last quote. Was there some question that the mother was either stealing from or fornicating with her daughter? If not, your quote has no relevance whatsoever. If so, do you have corroboration?
In any case, she was tried under Canadian law, not sharia law.
What's your problem Sam? Is it that her sentence was based on a few thousands of years of the Western legal tradition which predates your religion, or that she should have been tried under the sharia system and likely received a harsher sentence?

TANSTAF1
07-22-2011, 07:51 AM
As someone else would say:

Persecute the wicked. Celebrate the right. Desecrate the ghastly. Learn from the wise. Prize the priceless. Bless the times in which we live.

Priapus is not bad either. We could raise something else to him.

Flying Orca
07-22-2011, 08:04 AM
But, but, but - it's OK to kill disobedient 14 year old Muslim girls or to make them sit in the back of the bus.

You see anyone standing up for that besides yourself, Binky?

TANSTAF1
07-22-2011, 08:16 AM
Huh? The Calgary judge said it was OK to kill her and the Toronto public school system said it was Ok to force them to sit in back, so yes others are standing up for this.

- Binky.

And, many here seem to think it is OK also.

Osborne Russell
07-22-2011, 08:32 AM
it takes dedication

A national effort, what's the word . . . crusade.

Since I am an optimist by nature I like to point out that some have at least the decency for overt bigotry.

TANSTAF1
07-22-2011, 08:34 AM
A crusade is a great idea. But would I have to dress up in chain mail for it? It's kinda hot if you haven't noticed.

stevebaby
07-22-2011, 08:39 AM
Huh? The Calgary judge said it was OK to kill her and the Toronto public school system said it was Ok to force them to sit in back, so yes others are standing up for this.

- Binky.

And, many here seem to think it is OK also.Where did the Judge say it was OK? In the 25 page verdict which you haven't read?
Where?

wardd
07-22-2011, 08:39 AM
who here doesn't believe the old testament isn't the basis for religious law?

Osborne Russell
07-22-2011, 08:42 AM
If allowing others to exercise their right to say, run hot dog stands or slaughter houses is bigotry then I guess I am a bigot and proud of it. I guess I am a bigot also for supporting the Muslims right to build a mosque, right? I am bigoted in favor the the US constitution. I swore an oath to uphold and defend it against all enemies foreign and domestic and to bear true faith and allegiance. So I am not denying that I am a bigot according to your definition of bigotry; but rather I am emphatically proclaiming it.

You're using your own definition of bigotry. If you open a hot dog stand you're not a bigot. If you open a hot dog stand in front of a mosque in order to inhibit people from exercising their religion, then you're a bigot. If you support a candidate who uses his platform as a candidate to inhibit people from exercising their religion, then he is unqualified and you're not an American. It all comes down to your intent.

Sam F
07-22-2011, 08:52 AM
I'm quite bewildered by your last quote. Was there some question that the mother was either stealing from or fornicating with her daughter? If not, your quote has no relevance whatsoever...

They're just examples of Sharia law. It's part of the Muslim package. If you think they're acceptable, then say so. If not, then maybe Mr. Cain was not quite so ignorant about Muslim acceptance and Sharia law as some would like to believe. Besides, Western Civilization is just as bad as Sharia - isn't that so? Male priests = honor killing, right?

In any case, she was tried under Canadian law, not sharia law.
What's your problem Sam? Is it that her sentence was based on a few thousands of years of the Western legal tradition which predates your religion, or that she should have been tried under the sharia system and likely received a harsher sentence?

Ummm... it's not really my problem. However some Canadians were, as the Liberals love to say "troubled" by the decision:
This item is from http://www.iwf.org/inkwell/show/23236.html
Justice Goes Multicultural
Aset Magomadova, who strangled her 14-year-old daughter to death with a scarf, has been given a suspended sentence (probation)... in Canada. An activist responded:

Marilyn Millions, one of Magomadova's sponsors with St. James Anglican Church, said outside court she was relieved "at the compassion and mercy that has been shown" by the court.

The light sentence doled out to this Muslim mommie dearest is no doubt equally welcome to parents who regard honor killing as the right way to deal with girls who want to become westernized.
In his 25-page decision, the judge said that "Showing mercy does not mean we approve of the act. It simply means sometimes a particular situation may demand a slightly different solution." [emphasis in the original]....

Canadian columnist Barbara Kay was appalled:

"This LoVecchio judgment was simply outrageous. In an earlier musing, the judge opined that Aset Magomadova was not a danger to society. Well, she was a danger to an individual who was helpless to escape her rage - her very own daughter. And what message does his "sentence" of probation send to other parents from other countries, war-torn or not, who believe that they have the power of life and death over their children?

Western jurisprudence is being set aside in the name of "compassion" but this is really something else: extreme multiculturalism, a rejection of blindfolded justice, our ideal in the West. Why on earth should Aset Magomadova's travails allow her to get away with murder?

But you aren't appalled, are you?

wardd
07-22-2011, 08:57 AM
They're just examples of Sharia law. It's part of the Muslim package. If you think they're acceptable, then say so. If not, then maybe Mr. Cain was not quite so ignorant about Muslim acceptance and Sharia law as some would like to believe. Besides, Western Civilization is just as bad as Sharia - isn't that so? Male priests = honor killing, right?

Ummm... it's not really my problem. However some Canadians were, as the Liberals love to say "troubled" by the decision:

But you aren't appalled, are you?

some are always troubled by any decision

TANSTAF1
07-22-2011, 08:58 AM
The judge didn't say do literally. He in effect said it was OK by the light sentence he imposed. Do you think you would get such a light sentence if you or I strangled our 14 year old daughter to death? I didn't think so.

The old testament is the basis for some religious law, but as for secular law we are now beyond and eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth in most cases.

And if I open a hot dog stand to exercise my right as an American to do so where ever it's Ok per the law and ordnances, am I a bigot?

Sam F
07-22-2011, 09:00 AM
As to relevance I guess I have to remind ya'll that according to the Koran:
24:2 The fornicatress and the fornicator, flog each of them with a hundred stripes. Let not pity withhold you in their case, in a punishment prescribed by Allah, if you believe in Allah and the Last Day. And let a party of the believers witness their punishment. [This punishment is for unmarried persons guilty of the above crime (illegal sex), but if married persons commit it (illegal sex), the punishment is to stone them to death, according to Allah's law]
... and that "...[p]utting a Calgary mom who strangled her promiscuous 14-year-old daughter in jail would smack of vengeance, a judge said Thursday, in handing her probation instead."

Relevant? NO WAY! :D

TANSTAF1
07-22-2011, 09:01 AM
Yes, Wardd some are troubled by any decision, but answer the question. forget other people. Some are, some are not. Are you personally troubled by this one?

wardd
07-22-2011, 09:01 AM
The judge didn't say do literally. He in effect said it was OK by the light sentence he imposed. Do you think you would get such a light sentence if you or I strangled our 14 year old daughter to death? I didn't think so.

The old testament is the basis for some religious law, but as for secular law we are now beyond and eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth in most cases.

And if I open a hot dog stand to exercise my right as an American to do so where ever it's Ok per the law and ordnances, am I a bigot?

then why is the mantra from the right that this is a christian country based on christian ideals?

if your motive is to be a bigot then yes

stevebaby
07-22-2011, 09:03 AM

But you aren't appalled, are you?You still haven't answered the question. I didn't expect you would and I don't expect you ever will. But I'll give you one last chance to redeem yourself and you won't even have to nail yourself up...are you outraged because she received a lenient sentence under a system which predates your ideology, or are you outraged because she didn't get a more severe sentence as she may have in a few countries subject to the most extreme interpretation of sharia?
From your rather hysterical posts, it appears to be the latter.

ccmanuals
07-22-2011, 09:06 AM
literal translation of the Torah is "The Law". Think about it.

Peerie Maa
07-22-2011, 09:10 AM

According to your stated motives, yes you most certainly are, and a total arse to boot.

stevebaby
07-22-2011, 09:18 AM
According to your stated motives, yes you most certainly are, and a total arse to boot.Exactly.

TANSTAF1
07-22-2011, 09:26 AM
I'm bending over, kick some more.

Sam F
07-22-2011, 09:31 AM
Are you appalled?
No answer, naturally. But we do have this:

You still haven't answered the question. I didn't expect you would and I don't expect you ever will. But I'll give you one last chance to redeem yourself and you won't even have to nail yourself up...
No questions so far...
I'm not sure if these were asked already but...

are you outraged because she received a lenient sentence under a system which predates your ideology,

Nope I am not outraged for that reason. Nor can I understand how a Canadian judge can "predate" the ideology I don't have. But that's a function of your stereopyping.

or are you outraged because she didn't get a more severe sentence...

More than a few Canadians are outraged. As for me I simply used the case to illustrate how Sharia law can exert it's influence on liberal and secular legal systems. The point is proved.

...as she may have in a few countries subject to the most extreme interpretation of sharia?

I quoted the Koran. The adultery passage was obviously relevant. Presumably Muslims are bound by the Koran. Since honor killing is widespread even in relatively secular places like Turkey and Jordan it would appear that that particular Koranic interpretation is not an "extreme interpretation"

From your rather hysterical posts, it appears to be the latter.

It appears that your hysteria has prevented you from perceiving the obvious.
Really Stevebaby - you surely can do better.

Now back to the alleged bigotry of Mr. Cain...
Are you prepared to accept the influence of Sharia law on secular systems?
If not, how do you propose to stop it?
By ridiculing sharia's opponents? That doesn't seem a particularly effective approach, does it?

Sam F
07-22-2011, 09:32 AM
As always, I answer any questions that aren't of a personal nature.
How about you Stevebaby?
Are you appalled or not?

TANSTAF1
07-22-2011, 09:37 AM
For anyone with even a slightly open mind (excludes many here), I can't to highly recommend that you read "Infidel" by Ayaan Hirsi Ali. It is just outstanding.

Here's the Amazon blurb on it:

fixated on controlling women" had generated much controversy. In this suspenseful account of her life and her internal struggle with her Muslim faith, she discusses how these views were shaped by her experiences amid the political chaos of Somalia and other African nations, where she was subjected to genital mutilation and later forced into an unwanted marriage. While in transit to her husband in Canada, she decided to seek asylum in the Netherlands, where she marveled at the polite policemen and government bureaucrats. Ali is up-front about having lied about her background in order to obtain her citizenship, which led to further controversy in early 2006, when an immigration official sought to deport her and triggered the collapse of the Dutch coalition government. Apart from feelings of guilt over van Gogh's death, her voice is forceful and unbowed—like Irshad Manji, she delivers a powerful feminist critique of Islam informed by a genuine understanding of the religion]

Peerie Maa
07-22-2011, 09:38 AM
I'm bending over, kick some more.

No need, just take a leaf out of Christ's teaching and practice some love and tolerance.

Sam F
07-22-2011, 09:39 AM
Canada: Honor killing victim Aqsa Parvez's father and brother sentenced to life of prison dawah.
http://www.jihadwatch.org/2010/06/canada-honor-killing-victim-aqsa-parvezs-father-and-brother-sentenced-to-life-of-prison-dawah.html

Honour killings in Canada: even worse than we believe
http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/politics/honour-killings-in-canada-even-worse-than-we-believe/article1650228/

wardd
07-22-2011, 09:40 AM
Are you appalled?
No answer, naturally. But we do have this:

No questions so far...
I'm not sure if these were asked already but...

Nope I am not outraged for that reason. Nor can I understand how a Canadian judge can "predate" the ideology I don't have. But that's a function of your stereopyping.

More than a few Canadians are outraged. As for me I simply used the case to illustrate how Sharia law can exert it's influence on liberal and secular legal systems. The point is proved.

I quoted the Koran. The adultery passage was obviously relevant. Presumably Muslims are bound by the Koran. Since honor killing is widespread even in relatively secular places like Turkey and Jordan it would appear that that particular Koranic interpretation is not an "extreme interpretation"

It appears that your hysteria has prevented you from perceiving the obvious.
Really Stevebaby - you surely can do better.

Now back to the alleged bigotry of Mr. Cain...
Are you prepared to accept the influence of Sharia law on secular systems?
If not, how do you propose to stop it?
By ridiculing sharia's opponents? That doesn't seem a particularly effective approach, does it?

nothing extreme about any of this

But if this thing be true, and the tokens of virginity be not found for the damsel: 21 (http://bible.cc/deuteronomy/22-21.htm)Then they shall bring out the damsel to the door of her father's house, and the men of her city shall stone her with stones that she die: because she hath wrought folly in Israel, to play the whore in her father's house: so shalt thou put evil away from among you.22 (http://bible.cc/deuteronomy/22-22.htm)If a man be found lying with a woman married to an husband, then they shall both of them die, both the man that lay with the woman, and the woman: so shalt thou put away evil from Israel.
23 (http://bible.cc/deuteronomy/22-23.htm)If a damsel that is a virgin be betrothed unto an husband, and a man find her in the city, and lie with her; 24 (http://bible.cc/deuteronomy/22-24.htm)Then ye shall bring them both out unto the gate of that city, and ye shall stone them with stones that they die; the damsel, because she cried not, being in the city; and the man, because he hath humbled his neighbour's wife: so thou shalt put away evil from among you.
25 (http://bible.cc/deuteronomy/22-25.htm)But if a man find a betrothed damsel in the field, and the man force her, and lie with her: then the man only that lay with her shall die:

Sam F
07-22-2011, 09:40 AM
Apparently it takes Stevebaby a long time to decide whether he is appalled or not.
Or maybe he just doesn't like answering simple questions, eh?

Sam F
07-22-2011, 09:42 AM

nothing extreme about any of this

Is honor killing present in Muslim dominated societies or not?

Answer please.

wardd
07-22-2011, 09:44 AM

Is honor killing present in Muslim dominated societies or not?

Answer please.

and it's not in christian dominated countries?

only we call them crimes of passion

TANSTAF1
07-22-2011, 09:47 AM
At least Wardd answered (in effect). He's not appalled as it's not extreme enough to appall him. I wonder what could be more extreme than stoning to death that would appall him? Water boarding maybe?

wardd
07-22-2011, 09:52 AM
At least Wardd answered (in effect). He's not appalled as it's not extreme enough to appall him. I wonder what could be more extreme than stoning to death that would appall him? Water boarding maybe?

i just pointed out it's not unique to islam

i think all religions are equally as silly and dangerous

Sam F
07-22-2011, 09:57 AM
and it's not in christian dominated countries?

only we call them crimes of passion

And typically, nobody does jail time for a crime of passion in christian dominated countries.
Isn't that right?
Answer please.

Sam F
07-22-2011, 09:59 AM

Of course honor killing, with little or no punishment, is equal to a crime of passion that results in a lethal injection.
Any fool knows that Christian dominated societies = Muslim societies.
Can't anybody see that?

stevebaby
07-22-2011, 10:02 AM
Apparently it takes Stevebaby a long time to decide whether he is appalled or not.
Or maybe he just doesn't like answering simple questions, eh?You still haven't said what I'm supposed to be appalled about Sam. You still won't answer a simple question... am I supposed to be appalled about the sentence that she received under a Western legal system, or appalled that she didn't get a more severe sentence under a different legal system which never at any time was applicable?
Why won't you answer Sam? Why do you keep throwing in irrelevant nonsense?Chicken?

TANSTAF1
07-22-2011, 10:03 AM
Ok, I take it back. Wardd can't answer a simple question either.

wardd
07-22-2011, 10:06 AM
And typically, nobody does jail time for a crime of passion in christian dominated countries.
Isn't that right?
Answer please.

i'm sure some get off, especially before liberal life hating judges

stevebaby
07-22-2011, 10:13 AM
Isn't that right?
Answer please.What? Got any evidence of that all? Of course you don't.

As an ex-cop I can assure you that I have never witnessed or heard of such a thing. You're just making stuff up again Sam. You're still refusing to answer the question that I have posted several times now.
You can't answer Sam, and that's now a fact.The suggestion that crimes of passion are not punished in Western societies is utterly risible. It is, however a common and often successful defence in countries largely populated by Catholics. Why's that?
The drivel that you post though is very funny. Keep it up! :D

TANSTAF1
07-22-2011, 10:37 AM
stevebaby,

Try to keep up will ya? Perhaps you and, who's that other Aussie need to take some English courses to help you to better identify sarcasm and tongue in cheek remarks.

TANSTAF1
07-22-2011, 10:39 AM
No need, just take a leaf out of Christ's teaching and practice some love and tolerance.

I am basking in your Christian love and tolerance.

isla
07-22-2011, 11:00 AM
I think I'd rather invest my life savings into buying some land next to the new mosque they are constructing and build a combined gay and straight show club specializing in hot dogs and BBQ spare ribs with hourly room rentals out back. I'd have to have enough land to raise my own pigs and for a slaughter house though.

Sounds like Hog Heaven, i.e. the sort of redneck paradise that would suit you down to the ground. Which bit of the straight/gay club would you frequent? Oh, and don't forget to ask Walmart to build a place nearby too. :D

Just in case you don't understand the sarcasm, I'm in favour of the mosque being built.

TANSTAF1
07-22-2011, 12:38 PM
Thanks for the tip about Walmart. I was kinda thnkin' that I might need more customers besides the Muslims leaving the mosque services.