PDA

View Full Version : Ian, your question deserves a response.

Milo Christensen
06-10-2011, 11:43 AM
I still don't get what Milo is wound up about. Santorum really did make a tasteless attempt to hijack DDay into a health finance reform and it's clear that Milo does not share that leap. If Milo actually agreed with Santorum he'd have offered a spirited defense. Somehow. Defending the indefensible is no challenge to the true believer. So by this test, we know Milo does not believe Santorum's rhetoric. We are left wondering, what's Milo's point?

It's not about Santorum. Santorum's clearly an idiot who convinced a majority of PA18 to elect him to the House twice and a majority of PA voters to elect him to the Senate twice. This is so obviously evidence that he's an idiot that I had no problem with the attack on Santorum. I mean it was only the first attack on Santorum here in the bilge since he announced on the 6th.

No, what I'm dead set opposed to is the several forumites who daily post c&p from Huffington Post. And the follow on posts dripping with derision of all things conservative and frequently positively venomous when mentioning a Republican office holder or the Republican Party.

You know by now that I consider myself a conservative, which means I have no real choice except to vote Republican, a long with the 58 million Americans who voted Republican the last time we took a national referendum.

I was doing sort of o.k. until the third c&p from huffpo was posted that day, all attacking republicans either individually or en masse.

Now, clearly, I and nearly all the other forumites here know about huffpo and can find it if we're interested in huffpo posts. I happen to be opposed to the philosophy of Huffington Post and the opportunity it gives to sneer at, deride, slander, etc etc all things conservative. That opportunity does not need to be carried over to the bilge.

I get a lot of abuse for deliberately and repeatedly abusing those who are deliberately and repeatedly abusing conservatives. Clearly I'm O.K. with that and clearly I will continue doing that until the huff po political hacks tone it way down or Scot says take-another-break.

Just as clearly there are a large number of bilge rats who find absolutely nothing wrong with the continuous abuse of all things conservative, including nearly all the conservatives who dare post here. But get p.o.ed at the one-sidedness and see what happens.

S.V. Airlie
06-10-2011, 11:51 AM
Milo..when the cards are against rep. on the forum, The few of us who inhabit the bilge just seem to have to put up with their BS and their rhetoric. You can argue for all your worth but any issue will be sidelined, considered immaterial and not worthy, is pooh poohed in general and spun.Is it right? No..is it obvious? Yes..Is it tiresome? Most assuredly...

wardd
06-10-2011, 11:53 AM
under liberals in charge most consertives have no problem living their lives as they wish the same can not be said of conserteves in charge as the right for a woman to choose to carry a baby to term is lost, religion is shoved down our throats and we get the joy of having our tax dollars used to do it

we get the privileg of being denied the vote and organizing for colective bargaining, decent public education denied children and they being sent off to corporate mills that are not accountable to anybody

we lose the right to a safe workplace will lose security in old age and more too numerious to list

but by damn we can have all the guns we want

S.V. Airlie
06-10-2011, 11:58 AM
Where does it say anything about rights Wardd? Does this mean that an employer should or doesn't need to be responsible for his actions if he is fired? Is he going to complain that it is his right to work there and not matter what the boss says, he can't fire me?

Milo Christensen
06-10-2011, 11:59 AM
that little rant of yours didnt change any minds and was given in an obscure internet forum about wooden boats in the section avoided by most of the 26,855 members

back on ignore with you

S.V. Airlie
06-10-2011, 12:01 PM
Who was ranting?

Milo Christensen
06-10-2011, 12:02 PM
if the shoe fits wear it

wardd
06-10-2011, 12:05 PM
Where does it say anything about rights Wardd? Does this mean that an employer should or doesn't need to be responsible for his actions if he is fired? Is he going to complain that it is his right to work there and not matter what the boss says, he can't fire me?

does not the janitor have as much right to work there as the ceo, both are employees of the same company?

in most large companies you are not promoted on merit but who likes you

there was a time that to form a corporation you had to show that it was for the common good

Ian McColgin
06-10-2011, 12:08 PM
Milo, I can see being torqued by the pointed prose to be found in the Huffington Post just as I can see others being torqued by the afactual Fox bits. Were you to expose liberal media errors with the same elan as Norm exposes Fox, people like myself could benefit. And you'd be happier making a point about truth rather than just venting frustration about a political cartoon.

I do understand getting irked by cartoons. The Cape Cod Times has an editorial cartoonist whose conservative bent makes Palin look like the soul of wit. There are great conservative humorists and satirists but they don't get much traction from todays righty populism.

S.V. Airlie
06-10-2011, 12:09 PM
A right to work but not a right to stay employed just because he is and isn't doing the work..It takes more hoops to fire someone than hire someone.. Wonder why?...

Osborne Russell
06-10-2011, 12:11 PM
I agree Milo, too much c&p from other political sources. Be your own political source. C&P from great literature is OK.

wardd
06-10-2011, 12:11 PM
A right to work but not a right to stay employed just because he is...

it's easier to fire the janitor that uses the wrong color paint in the washroom than it is to fire a ceo that looses millions for the company

SMARTINSEN
06-10-2011, 12:15 PM
It is nice to see that you can utilize punctuation and full sentences and carry on intelligent conversation when you so choose. Perhaps you could try to lead by example, after all, never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world.

TomF
Milo,

As I look at the current newsmakers in US politics, it looks less like conservatives vs progressives, and more like disparate views on how much actual thought influences policy, and how.

For me, the first allegiance is to careful, fact-based, public service directed thinking. Sometimes that emerges from pretty much anywhere on the spectrum.

In my world, such thinking trumps conservative or progressive, especially when the other choice for a party is being silly. Conservative vs progressive only enters it when both sides are being thoughtful, and there's the need to go one step further on the decision tree.

As a thinking guy yourself, I don't quite get why your decision process seems different enough to support the Santorums, Bachmans and Palins, just because though they're idiotic, they're also something like "conservative."

pefjr
WOW, if the one sidedness bothers you that much, I can understand why you lose it and get banned. You have come back with a sour attitude also. The bilge is liberal territory. They have to guard and protect their turf and that's the only way they can defend it. The libs use superior numbers and gang warfare tactics, because they don't have any other weapons. Their ideology can't be supported on level turf. The Dems outnumber the Repubs 7 to 5 registered voters, so how does a Repub get elected. The Repubs must draw from the Dem pool of voters to overcome the odds. Even with the odds in their favor the libs barely hold ground and the numbers in the bilge give the libs a much greater advantage than nationally, and still they lose most arguments. Quit complaining and dive in. You have the tools, and could be a contender with the right attitude.

oznabrag
06-10-2011, 12:19 PM
... the follow on posts dripping with derision of all things conservative and frequently positively venomous when mentioning a Republican office holder or the Republican Party.

You know by now that I consider myself a conservative, which means I have no real choice except to vote Republican, a ....

This is just so much whining BS, Milo, and as such, your assertion deserves a response!

Personally, I have nothing whatsoever against conservatives OR right-wing thinkers.

NOTHING.

In fact, I believe that this Ship of State runs best as a twin-screw! Call it binocular vision, with its attendant depth-perception, etc., but this country NEEDS both sides of the aisle to be rational, responsible adults who are committed to serving the best interests of the People of this Nation, NOT just the richest 5%. Otherwise, we're going down the tubes.

The problem is that YOU, Milo, have allowed the Republican Party to fall into the hands of howling lunatics and dangerous demagogues.

That's why I'm calling you on your BS.

YOU did this.

You and every other complacent, blinkered...what's that word you use so frequently???..."idiot", yes, that's it: "idiot"...

You and every other blinkered idiot who has allowed the 'conservative' voice in this country to become that of slobbering, howling, incoherent evil are the one's to blame, not those of us who are watching in horror as it happens.

Quit whining about your victimization, Milo, and take back the Republican Party from these fiends!

You owe it to your country, and you owe it to your self respect.

Yewawttagitupoffayerass and DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT!!!!

NOW, GIT!!!

Osborne Russell
06-10-2011, 12:36 PM
Well said, Cicero! I told them not to let the snake handlers in.

If they could get that together, looking down the road, I sometimes wonder if it wouldn't be easier to teach the Republicans to care for the environment than to teach the Democrats to grow balls. Man, I'd drop the Democrats like a bad habit.

S.V. Airlie
06-10-2011, 12:38 PM
Geez..I'm a republican who majored in wildlife management at college and worked for 15 yrs as a director of several Environmental organizations .And I did a lot of research in the field for the USFW department and the USGS while at college.....Oh dear!

oznabrag
06-10-2011, 12:44 PM
Well said, Cicero! I told them not to let the snake handlers in.

If they could get that together, looking down the road, I sometimes wonder if it wouldn't be easier to teach the Republicans to care for the environment than to teach the Democrats to grow balls. Man, I'd drop the Democrats like a bad habit.

Thank you, sir.

As to Republicans caring for the environment, they used to be the LEADERS in that direction!

Think Teddy Roosevelt and John Muir and the National Park System.

Think Richard Nixon and the EPA.

These idiots don't need to be 'taught' about caring for the environment, they need to be 'reminded'!

S.V. Airlie
06-10-2011, 12:50 PM
Someone will respond that for better or worse, that land wasn't worth anything anyway.Let's make it a park! Couldn't develop it, couldn' build on it. What good was it to the masses back then? Just so you know, I am being sarcastic but there is some truth in what I wrote. If some need a comparison it is Indian land. How much was given to the native Americans because no one considered it worthy of exploitation?

TomF
06-10-2011, 12:50 PM
"Conservatives" used to be about maintaining, stewarding things of value, of which one was economic growth. The focus has narrowed, certainly here. I'd welcome an old-style conservative in Canadian politics too, even if I'd likely still vote elsewhere.

S.V. Airlie
06-10-2011, 12:54 PM
What bothers me is the blanket condemnation of "all" republicans out of hand....

pefjr
06-10-2011, 01:07 PM
Geez..I'm a republican who majored in wildlife management at college and worked for 15 yrs as a director of several Environmental organizations .And I did a lot of research in the field for the USFW department and the USGS while at college.....Oh dear!Only those that have worked in the Environmental Ecology field know the frustrations of being on the bottom of the budget priority totem pole while the military is on the top. Night and Day difference, no matter what political party is in the White house. In this country, the MIC has robbed the environment for those same 65 years that this country has worshiped war. In you could trade war for a solid National Health Care Plan, and solid World Wide enforceable Environmental laws would you do it? Congress did not.

S.V. Airlie
06-10-2011, 01:19 PM
I would in a heart beat as long as the funds did not have strings attached..I grew up on my father's knee when the state offered big bucks to Mystic Seaport with the stipulation that they (the state) could dictate how the funds were spent. He refused the money.
Pef..regarding healthcare.. as it has not been implimented yet, I stay away from it until 2014 because I really do not know what to expect.

S.V. Airlie
06-10-2011, 01:30 PM
So..if I did one it was only in response from the left..You accuse us, we accuse you...But you start it with your hourly posts. Go check CC's posts as a very good example. But as expected, you would never see it, acknowledge it, or accept it.I'd be surprised if you did.Just look at your threads...

pefjr
06-10-2011, 01:42 PM
So..if I did one it was only in response from the left..You accuse us, we accuse you...But you start it with your hourly posts. Go check CC's posts as a very good example. But as expected, you would never see it, acknowledge it, or accept it.I'd be surprised if you did.Just look at your threads...Territorial instinct Jamie, that how they react. You know how those Ospreys protect that nest. Yak, yak, yak,yak, until you leave.

S.V. Airlie
06-10-2011, 01:43 PM
"But MA, HE did it first!"

*ROFLMAO*
Heck you do it at every chance you get..To heck with being first Norman.Lets see what does CC calls republicans? Isnt'it "repugnats"

pefjr
06-10-2011, 01:44 PM
"But MA, HE did it first!"

*ROFLMAO*Hey Norm, I'll make a deal with you right now. I will never mention politics if you don't. First one pays the other $100 dollars.

S.V. Airlie
06-10-2011, 01:44 PM
Territorial instinct Jamie, that how they react. You know how those Ospreys protect that nest. Yak, yak, yak,yak, until you leave. Yup I've got scars to prove it an a few ripped shirts.Those talons are something else. At least I don't have to deal wit a toothless lion.

Waddie
06-10-2011, 01:46 PM
For all the attacking and counter-attacking, truth be told there isn't a lot of difference between the two political party's. Both take money from the same special interests for the most part. Both carry on warlike policies. Neither is really committed to the environment. Both have voted to limit personal rights and property rights. Both believe in "free trade". They do differ on several social issues, but on the major issues they are separated by matters of degrees. Democrats do lean toward the masses while Republicans lean toward business. What we usually end up with is a compromise between the two, which often isn't effective.

A real Democrat position on health care would have been a single payer system like Canada, but this gained little traction even from Democratic leaders.
A real Democrat position would have opposed involvement in yet more conflicts, a stop to drone attacks, and immediate withdraw from Iraq and Afghanistan, and real military reductions. Yet President Obama has carried on, and even expanded on Republican policies.
A real Democrat position would have opposed the Patriot Act and the SC ruling on eminent domain, but instead Democrat leaders approved of both, and even expanded on the Patriot Act.
Of course, neither party has any kind of jobs nor energy policy, though there is a lot of talk.

The Republicans stick much closer to their core beliefs; the role of the responsible individual, pro-business and anti union. They also want big government, just along different lines and on different issues than Democrats.

despite the campaign rhetoric, both sides govern in much the same way once elected. Therefore, the great disappointment in Barack Obama. His campaign promise of "change" ended up being, for the most part, more of the same once in power.

I think our two party system has outlived it's effectiveness. In a society as demographically, socially, and economically diverse as this nation has become we would be better served by a parliamentary system, so more groups would be able to share power and decision making by building coalitions. I don't think even our Founders expected the Constitution to be the document that guided us forever.

regards,
Waddie

S.V. Airlie
06-10-2011, 01:49 PM
Waddie logic plays no role in the bilge..Stop being so logical!

Milo Christensen
06-10-2011, 02:11 PM
Hmmmm... you never made a blanket condemnation of liberals, here in the bilge? Don't make me do a search! :):)

I think it would be a good idea for many here to do just exactly that. As long as you do an exhaustive search covering say, a month, and report total number of blanket negatives of Republicans and Democrats.

oznabrag
06-10-2011, 02:16 PM
I think it would be a good idea for many here to do just exactly that. As long as you do an exhaustive search covering say, a month, and report total number of blanket negatives of Republicans and Democrats.

I've got as many blanket condemnations of the Republican Party as you care to read.

But you don't care.

You'd rather whine.

Milo Christensen
06-10-2011, 02:18 PM
thats 1

S.V. Airlie
06-10-2011, 02:20 PM
Why don't some here realize that a party is made up of individuals and not all of the individuals are the same?

TomF
06-10-2011, 02:22 PM
I think it would be a good idea for many here to do just exactly that. As long as you do an exhaustive search covering say, a month, and report total number of blanket negatives of Republicans and Democrats.It would be interesting to pair it with a search over the same time period for partisans explicitly stating that the other side needs to be represented to create a balanced polity, and calling on them to be responsible.

oznabrag
06-10-2011, 02:24 PM
Why don't some here realize that a party is made up of individuals and not all of the individuals are the same?

You are correct. A party is made up of individuals.

Apparently, the Republican Party is made up of individuals who relish being represented by slobbering, anti-American toadies to money.

If you don't like it, work to take the Grand Old Party back from these ungodly cretins!

This country is in need of cogent, responsible conservative voices, and all the Republican Party offers is garbage.

Get to work!

S.V. Airlie
06-10-2011, 02:28 PM
All I can do that has any effect, is vote..And in this state, it is democratic.

S.V. Airlie
06-10-2011, 02:35 PM
wardd... you are a vet..You can go to any health clinic that is run by the Vet Administration. Half of what you need to worry about has no meaning to you...You are safe..you have what you want...You don't have to worry..
Don't sit here and act like you care.

All I can say is hypocrite.

Milo Christensen
06-10-2011, 02:44 PM
It would be interesting to pair it with a search over the same time period for partisans explicitly stating that the other side needs to be represented to create a balanced polity, and calling on them to be responsible.

that would be good too go for it

TomF
06-10-2011, 02:50 PM
that would be good too go for it2:0 in this thread so far.

bobbys
06-10-2011, 02:59 PM
I had asked for people to stop bringing the Huff Poo here but if they felt they HAD to at least cite where one is getting stuff from.

I was shouted down.

OK i asked hey at least give a thought in your own words or at least a commentary of your own that makes sense.

I was shouted down.

When i disagree with a Article brought over here i was told Take up my arguments with the Author...

So if one has a good point as in a rebuttal the person that brings it here dodges it by this tactic.

If i brought 2 to 8 Articles here every day from Conservative sources i will be booted, They will report me or I'm just in fact a Azz .

Some can get away with doing this and have cover and play it to full advantage..

To bad they do not feel they have the Intellectual capacity to speak for themselves.

S.V. Airlie
06-10-2011, 03:03 PM
That is funny. Not sure why I'm laughing though bobbys.

wardd
06-10-2011, 03:07 PM
wardd... you are a vet..You can go to any health clinic that is run by the Vet Administration. Half of what you need to worry about has no meaning to you...You are safe..you have what you want...You don't have to worry..
Don't sit here and act like you care.

All I can say is hypocrite.

actually i do care about others

when i see someone mistreat others i think i could be in their place

no matter how nice you may be to me, mistreat others and i have no use for you

S.V. Airlie
06-10-2011, 03:09 PM
So you can talk about healthcare and not have interest in it, personally, at all as you already have it...? Must be nice! Its always easier when you have healtcare and others don't ...What a flaming hypocrite.

wardd
06-10-2011, 03:11 PM
So you can talk about healthcare and not have interest in it at all as you already have it...? Must be nice!

have you no feelings for others, or is that only a liberal disease?

S.V. Airlie
06-10-2011, 03:14 PM
Well I do but as you have everything you need,it is a lot easier for you to do so.. No skin off your back you got it regardless....
As I said..HYPOCRITE!!!

wardd
06-10-2011, 03:21 PM
Well I do but as you have everything you need,it is a lot easier for you to do so.. No skin off your back you got it regardless....
As I said..HYPOCRITE!!!

because what i have i want others to have too?

and my views are the same today as they were 20 years ago

S.V. Airlie
06-10-2011, 03:55 PM
No you have what you want and you really seriously don't care about what others want as long as it does not effect you personally. I suspect that if the tables were turned. Oh never mind...wardd. It's so easy to give money away and you don't have to pay for it yourself....As long as it comes out of someone's else's pocket you are happy.. If it comes out of yours, watch out...

oznabrag
06-10-2011, 04:48 PM
No you have what you want and you really seriously don't care about what others want as long as it does not effect you personally. I suspect that if the tables were turned. Oh never mind...wardd. It's so easy to give money away and you don't have to pay for it yourself....As long as it comes out of someone's else's pocket you are happy.. If it comes out of yours, watch out...

News of the Weird: (http://artvoice.com/issues/v10n22/news_of_the_weird)

Marilyn Michose, 46, was referred for medical evaluation in May after she was spotted roaming the lobby of the Waldorf-Astoria Hotel in New York City wearing neon pink panties on top of her street clothes, with a .25-caliber Beretta visible in her jacket pocket, and speaking gibberish. According to Michose’s mother, Marilyn had overmedicated for her Lyme disease.

S.V. Airlie
06-10-2011, 04:55 PM
Nice try Oz...Typical that Wardd can't stand on his own two feet and requires help. He has signaled very adequately where he stands...Bottom line is he is a hypocrite.. Case closed I'll give you a shovel for your efforts though. May be both of you can coordinate paddling up stream.. I made my case long ago..Be pleased for yourself in the usual spin.

oznabrag
06-10-2011, 05:10 PM
Nice try Oz...Typical that Wardd can't stand on his own two feet and requires help. He has signaled very adequately where he stands...Bottom line is he is a hypocrite.. Case closed I'll give you a shovel for your efforts though. May be both of you can coordinate paddling up stream.. I made my case long ago..Be pleased for yourself in the usual spin.

Wardd can't withstand the pyroclastic flow of incoherent gibberish flowing from your keyboard. Neither can I.

You have insulted him groundlessly in an attempt to force his position into the mold of that despicable, selfish, ideological 'other people's money' garbage you and your ilk love so much, and it appears that he's given up trying to communicate with you at all. I think that's pretty smart of him, actually, because your ability to comprehend, much less form, coherent, declarative sentences is woefully under par.

Furthermore, it seems that the 'you want to spend other people's money' crowd almost universally supports subsidies for the oil industry and bigger Pentagon budgets to be funneled into the pockets of the few. As long as the recipient of 'other people's money' is already rich beyond measure, that crowd is fine with it. Steal from the poor, and give to the rich. That's what made this country great, by God!

ljb5
06-10-2011, 05:14 PM
Milo, if you have a valid complaint about any specific item from the HuffPo, I think you should be able to challenge it with some evidence or counter-argument.

The tone of your initial post kinda makes it seem like you're not interested in addressing the issue... you just want to bury your head in the sand and not hear about it.

S.V. Airlie
06-10-2011, 05:15 PM
that is you're issue especially if you have problems with comprehension..So your post is no surprise If I was surprised. It is only because you are a fool from Texas Then again, why should I be surprised by your post. and by your location?.... Give wardd a kiss for me.. He owes you big time for supporting him.

oznabrag
06-10-2011, 05:16 PM
Yup, he'd rather whine than work to restore sanity to the Republican Party.

oznabrag
06-10-2011, 05:18 PM
that is youe issue..Not some so me one else's Nit surprised you do not have the intellect to respond.... Give wardd a kiss for me.. He owes you big time for supporting him..

Anybody got a Startled Varmint decoder ring?

Ah, the heck with it.

Get back to me, Jamie, when you discover how to write a coherent sentence.

Milo Christensen
06-10-2011, 05:20 PM
Milo, if you have a valid complaint about any specific item from the HuffPo, I think you should be able to challenge it with some evidence or counter-argument.

The tone of your initial post kinda makes it seem like you're not interested in addressing the issue... you just want to bury your head in the sand and not hear about it.

what a remarkable demonstration of an extremely intelligent person completely missing the point

but i just read that huffpo now gets more hits than the grey lady so whats a conservative to do thats what i want to no

oznabrag
06-10-2011, 05:25 PM
what a remarkable demonstration of an extremely intelligent person completely missing the point

but i just read that huffpo now gets more hits than the grey lady so whats a conservative to do thats what i want to no

Get offa yer duff and go to work shaping the howling bedlam that the Republican Party has become into something sane, that's what.

ljb5
06-10-2011, 05:27 PM
... so whats a conservative to do thats what i want to no

If your ideologiy is incompatible with the facts, you have but three choices: change your ideology, ignore the facts, or live with the torment of cognitive dissonance.

I consider myself a liberal not because I've chosen this ideology ab initio , but because I find it to be supported by the facts of reality.

pefjr
06-10-2011, 05:43 PM
I consider myself a liberal not because I've chosen this ideology ab initio , but because I find it to be supported by the facts of reality.Would you care for some Grey Poupon and a little Liquid Wrench?

ljb5
06-10-2011, 10:37 PM
Would you care for some Grey Poupon and a little Liquid Wrench?

I don't know where you're going with this "Liquid Wrench" gag, but after three or four attempts, it's pretty obvious it's not catching on.

How about you give it a rest until you have something topical and interesting to say?

Gerarddm
06-10-2011, 11:22 PM
the libs barely hold ground and the numbers in the bilge give the libs a much greater advantage than nationally, and still they lose most arguments.

Lose most arguments where? On Fox? Sure. Here? Not so much.

The right-wing viewpoint can be summed by one of O'Reilly's favorite exclamations, SHUT UP. I used to post on a Bilge-type forum on the Model Warships board which was moderated by a crypto-facist who once told me that if I sourced an article one more time from the NYTimes, he'd ban me. So much for fair and balanced. I laughed. I still do. To paraphrase Lady Thatcher, poor dears, they have nothing between their ears.

bobbys
06-10-2011, 11:54 PM
Lose most arguments where? On Fox? Sure. Here? Not so much.

The right-wing viewpoint can be summed by one of O'Reilly's favorite exclamations, SHUT UP. I used to post on a Bilge-type forum on the Model Warships board which was moderated by a crypto-facist who once told me that if I sourced an article one more time from the NYTimes, he'd ban me. So much for fair and balanced. I laughed. I still do. To paraphrase Lady Thatcher, poor dears, they have nothing between their ears..

I just got my azz kicked in the Bush is Chimp is SP is Silvio is Italian chimp squad is Psycho-Dwarf is Joe the Plumber is neo-klepto-fascism Chimpabation thread. Was just outmatched is all.

S.V. Airlie
06-11-2011, 07:52 AM
Oz. As usual, you missed the point. Is that clear enough for you? Let me see if I can help you. Firstly, I respect all vets especially those who were in combat. As vets, they deserve to have benefits such as the VA admin..Wardd and others do not have to get health insurance privately as they already have some form of insurance. Those who not have the VA as backup, are going to have to have healthcare or face penalties..That is the current law. AS a vet already has the coverage, it is so easy for one or two individuals here to push for the Act as they do not have to comply and therefore, it is no skin off of their backs...
That is the point I was attempting to make it. If you have an issue, fine. If you do, it is no skin off my back..

wardd
06-11-2011, 08:57 AM
Oz. As usual, you missed the point. Is that clear enough for you? Let me see if I can help you. Firstly, I respect all vets especially those who were in combat. As vets, they deserve to have benefits such as the VA admin..Wardd and others do not have to get health insurance privately as they already have some form of insurance. Those who not have the VA as backup, are going to have to have healthcare or face penalties..That is the current law. AS a vet already has the coverage, it is so easy for one or two individuals here to push for the Act as they do not have to comply and therefore, it is no skin off of their backs...
That is the point I was attempting to make it. If you have an issue, fine. If you do, it is no skin off my back..

what are you talking about?

S.V. Airlie
06-11-2011, 08:58 AM
Go back and read oz's post...Actually, read all of them for kicks.

Milo Christensen
06-11-2011, 09:00 AM

I just got my azz kicked in the Bush is Chimp is SP is Silvio is Italian chimp squad is Psycho-Dwarf is Joe the Plumber is neo-klepto-fascism Chimpabation thread. Was just outmatched is all.

i for one am here for you my bro

oznabrag
06-11-2011, 09:06 AM

Well!

It's so refreshing to see that yo actually DO understand spelling and punctuation! You do, however, understand that everyone will expect this level of clarity from you, now?

As to the two parts of your post that I highlighted, above, you may do well to consider that there are a great many veterans who have had the skin off their backs quite literally.

Perhaps it would read better as 'no further skin off their backs'.

Furthermore, you might want to consider that, in general, people are not nearly so venal as you seem to assume.