PDA

View Full Version : Hanna Carol Ketch

mick
09-17-2000, 10:20 PM
Hi; I'm rebuilding a Hanna Carol Ketch, big sister to the Tahiti. She was marconi rigged but the sticks were rotten so I'm rerigging her as a gaffer, the way she was designed. Unfortunately, all I have is a small profile drawing, no details and I'd REALLY like to get hold of a set of rigging plans for her so I don't have to reinvent the wheel so to speak. Soooo, if anyone out there knows where and how I can get a look at the rigging plans, I'd sure appreciate it. cheers, mike

Larch_Keilson
04-21-2004, 06:44 PM
I've been staying aboard a Carol that was built with a pilot house and a schooner rig. I have some keelson and ballast keel questions. I can't seem to find plans. I'll try to post some pictures, after I have them processed.

Thanks.

Aramas
04-21-2004, 11:42 PM
Hannah's designs were seriously under rigged, so you might want to consider redesigning from scratch unless you're happy with a motor sailer.

Alan D. Hyde
04-22-2004, 11:32 AM
Talk to Gerry Trobridge in Glenelg, MD. He's built and circumnavigated a "Carol," and is a resourceful and practical sailor who will be generous enough to talk and give you good advice.

His "Carol" was named "White Seal."

He's in the phone book. No youngster, but still sharp as a knife, last we talked...

Alan