PDA

View Full Version : What year is it Mr President?

BrianW
05-25-2011, 05:04 AM
Hmm... not very impressive. No teleprompter for signing the guest book at Westminster Abbey...

http://i52.tinypic.com/afcznk.jpg

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/44/post/obama-signs-wrong-year-in-the-guestbook-at-westminster-abbey/2011/05/24/AFxUKbAH_blog.html

Wait for it....

Andrew Craig-Bennett
05-25-2011, 05:08 AM
It's jet lag...

BrianW
05-25-2011, 05:11 AM
http://youtu.be/7ZCsfyaOGdw

Try this, as the YouTube link doesn't appear to work...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ZCsfyaOGdw&feature=player_embedded

This guy is almost as good as Bush, goosing that German Chancellor, Angela Merkel.

The queen saved him though, by raising her glass after "God Save the Queen" finished.

Boy, posting video is hard! I'm using this post as practice, so it will be edited several times.

Captain Intrepid
05-25-2011, 05:19 AM
Can't blame the guy, just put down the date as 200011 a few days ago on a travel form. :p

BrianW
05-25-2011, 05:27 AM
It's jet lag...

Man. If that's the excuse we used when Bush screwed up... I'd like to apologize now. ;)

seanz
05-25-2011, 05:34 AM
He's obviously a total idiot and Americans should feel very embarassed..........again.

:)

Hot Air
05-25-2011, 05:34 AM
He has placed a lot of mental energy into giving Hamas a boost as of late. He can't be expected to remember what year it is as well. When one is this brilliant, date and time - and supporting the nation's best interest - become irrelevent. Please show respect and do not mock the man.

Andrew Craig-Bennett
05-25-2011, 05:48 AM
Actually, the nasty remarks on that Youtube clip really surprised me. This visit is a big sucess, here.

BrianW
05-25-2011, 06:23 AM
This visit is a big sucess, here.

That's good.

BrianW
05-25-2011, 06:56 AM
Wait for it....

*lol* I love how desperate some people are to find the most incredibly trivial fault with Obama, and then magnify it like it was front-page worthy...

First shoe down, waiting for the "other shoe to drop."

:D

Paul Pless
05-25-2011, 07:01 AM
It's jet lag...nah. . . . . . Guiness has been known to cause such as well . . .

Paul Pless
05-25-2011, 07:06 AM
Hmmm... did he drink the whole thing? Or just politely take a sip or two? :)you didn't see the video, he slammed the whole thing in like four swallows. . .

S.V. Airlie
05-25-2011, 07:12 AM
Most English pubs serve warm beer. An acquired taste..Most places count the ice cubes for hard liquor if you buy a snifter or more of that as well. After working there (UK) for several years, I hated the taste, aroma, and temp of the typical Yank beer.

BrianW
05-25-2011, 07:12 AM
you didn't see the video, he slammed the whole thing in like four swallows. . .

Stop it Paul! :D

From what I saw, he didn't drink at all, seemly taking a cue from the Queen. From what I've read, the Queen wasn't suppose to drink, as she was the subject of the toast. He was suppose to. Could be wrong. It's all fun stuff. ;)

Paul Pless
05-25-2011, 07:30 AM
Most English pubs serve warm beer. An acquired taste..It took me all of 'one' warm beer to acquire the taste.:D

Its not really warm, its just not cold.

S.V. Airlie
05-25-2011, 07:32 AM
Room temp..Paul..Not warm. I was wrong using the term...Not really accurate...

Garnett
05-25-2011, 07:38 AM
Gawdbless him. Let's see the Republicans argue now that he's not as "have-a-beer-with-able" as Bush?

Nicholas Scheuer
05-25-2011, 07:44 AM
Tell us Bran, how do you spell "p-o-t-a-t-o-e"

Moby Nick

Captain Intrepid
05-25-2011, 07:45 AM
Room temp..Paul..Not warm. I was wrong using the term...Not really accurate...

Technically it's cellar temperature. A little lower than room temp, but not taste numbing cold like most North Americans drink their beer. I dream of going to England to drink beer.

S.V. Airlie
05-25-2011, 07:54 AM
Now you are nitpicking Captain...The point is, the beer is not cold...:)

LeeG
05-25-2011, 08:11 AM
You know, if John McCain was president with Sarah as VP we'd have a lot more fun than Obama and Biden.

halflin
05-25-2011, 08:27 AM
Hey Brian, you mean it's not 2008?

Cuyahoga Chuck
05-25-2011, 08:30 AM

Try this, as the YouTube link doesn't appear to work...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ZCsfyaOGdw&feature=player_embedded

This guy is almost as good as Bush, goosing that German Chancellor, Angela Merkel.

The queen saved him though, by raising her glass after "God Save the Queen" finished.

Boy, posting video is hard! I'm using this post as practice, so it will be edited several times.

Have your fun while you can. Youtube won't help you Righties one bit come 2012. You'd have to run God Almighty Himself to have a chance and it would only be a slight chance.

pefjr
05-25-2011, 08:31 AM
Oh... the trouble a lib has to laugh at themselves,:d I bet the Prez. is laughing

wardd
05-25-2011, 08:37 AM
isn't room temp 45f?

it was room temp of old french chateaus

S.V. Airlie
05-25-2011, 08:42 AM
Have your fun while you can. Youtube won't help you Righties one bit come 2012. You'd have to run God Almighty Himself to have a chance and it would only be a slight chance. We already have a "God" running or so it seems...

Gerarddm
05-25-2011, 08:43 AM
Brain fade. Jet lag? 51st state redux? :-)

wardd
05-25-2011, 08:54 AM
does this mean obama is responsible for the 2008 crash after all?

Phillip Allen
05-25-2011, 09:06 AM
Can't blame the guy, just put down the date as 200011 a few days ago on a travel form. :p

I don't care much for the guy but I certainly can forgive him his inconsequential mistakes better than our leftys can forgive a republican mistake

wardd
05-25-2011, 09:14 AM
I don't care much for the guy but I certainly can forgive him his inconsequential mistakes better than our leftys can forgive a republican mistake

like the mistake ryan made in his budget

i saw him on morning joe today saying it isn't a voucher program and that seniors will not be negotiating with insurance companies that the government will

bobbys
05-25-2011, 10:29 AM
*lol* I love how desperate some people are to find the most incredibly trivial fault with Obama, and then magnify it like it was front-page worthy. Even a Harvard education doesn't provide a person with the full details of English royalty protocol... perhaps it was a bad prep problem on the part of his staff, but the error was so inconsequential... BFD, so he didn't realize he had to wait until the anthem was over. As ACB said, the visit is a big success, and an English commentator on NPR this morning was attesting to the sincere warmth between the Obamas and the royal family.

Save the darts and arrows for something meaningful, why don't ya..

Thanks for the lecture from the guy that has been harping about a Mission Accomplished sign for years now and will not let it go.

Phillip Allen
05-25-2011, 10:32 AM

Thanks for the lecture from the guy that has been harping about a Mission Accomplished sign for years now and will not let it go.

thank you bobbys... however, double standards exposed are generally double standards intensified

Cuyahoga Chuck
05-25-2011, 10:38 AM

That may be your definition of trivial but I guarantee the cost of commendeering an aircraft carrier for a day to hold up that sign was a wee bit more than the ink that Obama used to sign that guest register.

Canoeyawl
05-25-2011, 10:44 AM
[QUOTE=BrianW;2997955]Man. If that's the excuse we used when Bush screwed up... QUOTE]

At least you are finally admitting it

pefjr
05-25-2011, 10:53 AM
the cost of commendeering an aircraft carrier for a day As compared to a visit to this president's Irish homeland.

Phillip Allen
05-25-2011, 10:56 AM
As compared to a visit to this president's Irish homeland.

Aw, leave him alone... you're not supposed to wake up sleep walkers

pefjr
05-25-2011, 11:13 AM
Aw, leave him alone... you're not supposed to wake up sleep walkersMore like a dead man walking, nothing yet has penetrated that parrot brain, not even the fact that his idol has turned Repub on him, in all except the label:d

Andrew Craig-Bennett
05-25-2011, 11:17 AM
Whilst folks here have been yakking President Obama has given an address to both Houses of Parliament in Westminster Hall; he's the fourth foreign visitor and the first POTUS to do so (two other POTUSs have addressed both Houses, but not in Westminster Hall...the oldest building (begun 1087, finished 1320 - amazing hammerbeam roof) in the Palace of Westminster.

http://onthetudortrail.com/Blog/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/Westminster-hall-300x225.jpg

It seems to have gone down OK.

pefjr
05-25-2011, 11:23 AM
It seems to have gone down OK.Because it cost you less? We are debating whether you black sheep relatives are worth the cost of our Irish Presidents visit. We await cuyahoga's vote, his adding machine may have broken down.

Andrew Craig-Bennett
05-25-2011, 11:28 AM
The Irish President's name is Mary McAleese. Do try to keep up, you backward colonial!

Paul Pless
05-25-2011, 11:33 AM
you backward colonial!Now that term may apply accurately to say, Canada or Australia, but come on Andrew, its been a long time since the head of any English Royal has been on our coins.:d

pefjr
05-25-2011, 11:34 AM
The Irish President's name is Mary McAleese. Do try to keep up, you backward colonial!Never heard of her, but probably related somehow.

Andrew Craig-Bennett
05-25-2011, 11:39 AM
Now that term may apply accurately to say, Canada or Australia, but come on Andrew, its been a long time since the head of any English Royal has been on our coins.:d

Exactly, you are 235 years out of touch! :d

Captain Intrepid
05-25-2011, 11:39 AM
As compared to a visit to this president's Irish homeland.

You do realize that international respect is worth a lot? I'll let you decide which of the two events generated international goodwill, and which one generated understandable international mockery.

Andrew Craig-Bennett
05-25-2011, 11:41 AM
You do realize that international respect is worth a lot? I'll let you decide which of the two events generated international goodwill, and which one generated understandable international mockery.

Clue: http://images.huffingtonpost.com/gen/58016/thumbs/s-BUSH-large.jpg

bobbys
05-25-2011, 11:42 AM
My point proven!

Captain Intrepid
05-25-2011, 11:54 AM
Your point that when one wishes to compare something to a moronic PR stunt, bringing up a recent high profile moronic PR stunt is common? I'd say that goes without saying.

LeeG
05-25-2011, 12:08 PM
You do realize that international respect is worth a lot?

We're experiencing a bit of paradigm shift. A disregard of other countries as a public sentiment reflected our exalted status as supreme empire of the third planet from the sun. To pull back from that vigorous self-regard can cause some dissonance.

pefjr
05-25-2011, 12:21 PM
You do realize that international respect is worth a lot? I'll let you decide which of the two events generated international goodwill, and which one generated understandable international mockery.Don't blame me for your BDS. I don't see a whole lot of difference. We could measure up the importance if you want. How important is a Queen to Canada? More than Ann Coulter for sure. How important is the Presidents Irish ancestry to a Canadian? How important was the US Military to Bush? It is all relative to time, circumstance, and hoop la. It makes very little difference to me, but .....big but,.... I don't have BDS.

Captain Intrepid
05-25-2011, 12:37 PM
I don't see a whole lot of difference.

I'll lay it out a little for you.

America over the last few years has done it's damnedest to alienate it's allies. That directly affects it's ability to to function in a world that actually involves other countries, from where I go to vacation to where a new factory is built, to wether or not a treaty beneficial to the USA is signed. Making goodwill trips to foreign countries is helping to repair that damage.

The photo op on the US carrier was an attempt at gaining public support of the Iraq mission by claiming that it was effectively over. This was done in an ostentatious and arrogant manner that was mocked as the whole premise of the event was not true. It embarrassed the President, and as it was a very high profile event and was about a conflict that involved quite a number of countries, it embarrassed the USA in general.

One of these events is thought to be positive by all but a small minority, and the other is thought to be negative by all but a small minority. A good international opinion of the US is a good thing and a bad one is bad. It's that simple.

pefjr
05-25-2011, 01:07 PM
I'll lay it out a little for you.

America over the last few years has done it's damnedest to alienate it's allies. That directly affects it's ability to to function in a world that actually involves other countries, from where I go to vacation to where a new factory is built, to wether or not a treaty beneficial to the USA is signed. Making goodwill trips to foreign countries is helping to repair that damage.

The photo op on the US carrier was an attempt at gaining public support of the Iraq mission by claiming that it was effectively over. This was done in an ostentatious and arrogant manner that was mocked as the whole premise of the event was not true. It embarrassed the President, and as it was a very high profile event and was about a conflict that involved quite a number of countries, it embarrassed the USA in general.

One of these events is thought to be positive by all but a small minority, and the other is thought to be negative by all but a small minority. A good international opinion of the US is a good thing and a bad one is bad. It's that simple.You might be better served to lay out your BDS to a Psychiatrist. I saw it different and it was an admitted mistake, an underestimation of the problem at hand in Iraq, a jumping of the gun, so to speak. Mistakes were made by many, but Bush is not my scapegoat, he is yours, and the problem is yours. I am not afflicted with BDS, so your drift over to your bashing Bush is not interesting to me. I was throwing a little humor at cuyahoga's faulty worry about the cost of a AC Carrier being dedicated to Bush. I know that excites those afflicted, but in reality the AC carrier spends the money every day anyway, whether Bush was there or not and it does not even come close to the expense of a President and entourage visiting the black sheep in the family in Ireland. So.....

bobbys
05-25-2011, 01:26 PM
Norm does not even cite any particular reason to mock SP/MB on his threads then the libs here are outraged if its about President Obama..

Remember how the libs here howled when SP wrote on her hand and mis pronounced a word, SNL went wild, Wonder how many Skits will be about this Fox Paw

#1 Norman Bernstein (http://forum.woodenboat.com/member.php?9217-Norman-Bernstein)
http://forum.woodenboat.com/images/statusicon/user-online.png gadfly

Join DateNov 2004LocationSharon, MAPosts28,733

http://forum.woodenboat.com/images/icons/icon1.png The first bumper sticker of the 2012 election season

Gotta love it:

http://politicalirony.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/aGdH4-800x266.jpg

S.V. Airlie
05-25-2011, 01:33 PM
I'm just surprised that President Obama appears to be starting his 2012 campaign in Europe..:)

LeeG
05-25-2011, 01:33 PM
I saw it different and it was an admitted mistake, an underestimation of the problem at hand in Iraq, a jumping of the gun, so to speak. Mistakes were made by many ...

admitted? an underestimation? so to speak? Mistakes were made..

oops, sorry I screwed your pooch, your kids, your wife and your pension, mistakes were made.

What a flaming construct "mistakes were made"

http://languagelog.ldc.upenn.edu/myl/Mistakes2.jpg

Phillip Allen
05-25-2011, 01:35 PM

oops, sorry I screwed your pooch, your kids, your wife and your pension, mistakes were made.

http://languagelog.ldc.upenn.edu/myl/Mistakes2.jpg

you DO realize that you're quoting Bill Clinton don't you?

LeeG
05-25-2011, 01:39 PM
why no I don't Phillip, what I provided is a cartoon validating Pefjrs views. Wolfowitz and Rumsfeld made similar comments regarding the lack of rational planning for post invasion of Iraq. Is there something Clinton said that's on a similar scale of tragedy?

pefjr
05-25-2011, 01:43 PM

Yep, now, do you have BDS? if so, then Bush is to blame, and you can focus on the AC Carrier. If not, then mistakes were made by who? and how many, and what's gonna be done about any of them? And, the past is past, where as the present and the future can be guided, change, and improved. More mistakes are made every time a drone flies, do I hear any complaint from LeeG? That a big NO. Do I hear any complaint from Captain Intrepid? I only crickets, where are you on these mistakes?

Garnett
05-25-2011, 02:01 PM
You do realize that international respect is worth a lot? I'll let you decide which of the two events generated international goodwill, and which one generated understandable international mockery.I wouldn't worry too much - Obama is still highly respected here:

"The 2003 poll suggested that 75 per cent polled had little or no confidence in President Bush. Today 72 per cent have a great deal or fair mount of confidence in President Obama. In today’s poll, 81 per cent think President Obama is highly intelligent, back in 2003 17 per cent thought the US had got itself an highly intelligent president. You get the picture." (http://blogs.channel4.com/gary-gibbon-on-politics/obama-mania-brits-back-the-us-president/15386)

Captain Intrepid
05-25-2011, 02:40 PM
You might be better served to lay out your BDS to a Psychiatrist. I saw it different and it was an admitted mistake, an underestimation of the problem at hand in Iraq, a jumping of the gun, so to speak.

I'm quite comfortable to be able to base my opinions on logic, thankee very much. And the declaration of victory back then was an underestimation of the problem at hand in Iraq on the same level as calling the north pole "a tad nippy." Look back and you'll find a multitude of warnings that Iraq would become a quagmire. Even a casual student of history would understand the practical impossibility of fighting a guerilla war against an unwilling populace. Wasn't Vietnam's 2 to 4 MILLION examples enough?

pefjr
05-25-2011, 03:09 PM
Look back and you'll find a multitude of warnings that Iraq would become a quagmire. Even a casual student of history would understand the practical impossibility of fighting a guerilla war against an unwilling populace. Wasn't Vietnam's 2 to 4 MILLION examples enough?Yeah, look back with 20/20 hindsight and it's clear as a bell. We can both see it. I imagine W can see now too. A most important guestion arises: Why can't Obama see it now? Why can't LeeG see it? Is he hypnotized by the MIC?, The mystique of holding the reins to awesome power? Like we all were when Congress voted to give the power to our Military to invade Iraq and get rid of saddam? Why can't you see that there is similar problems in fighting a war in Afghanistan? Capture your hindsight on Iraq and apply it to the Now. Before we waste another 80/90 Billion a year, and umpteen lives. Before we kill more innocents with Drones. Are you hypnotized along with Obama and Congress? Where is that logic that you are comfortable with when dealing with the present and future?

Canoeyawl
05-25-2011, 03:22 PM
Just having a president that can speak in complete sentences will surely give us back a bit of credibility.

Somehow I can't imagine w addressing both Houses of Parliament, but maybe I misunderestimate.

wardd
05-25-2011, 03:23 PM
Yeah, look back with 20/20 hindsight and it's clear as a bell. We can both see it. I imagine W can see now too. A most important guestion arises: Why can't Obama see it now? Why can't LeeG see it? Is he hypnotized by the MIC?, The mystique of holding the reins to awesome power? Like we all were when Congress voted to give the power to our Military to invade Iraq and get rid of saddam? Why can't you see that there is similar problems in fighting a war in Afghanistan? Capture your hindsight on Iraq and apply it to the Now. Before we waste another 80/90 Billion a year, and umpteen lives. Before we kill more innocents with Drones. Are you hypnotized along with Obama and Congress? Where is that logic that you are comfortable with when dealing with the present and future?

shouldn't his gut have told him not to invade iraq?

Waddie
05-25-2011, 03:35 PM
Come on now---let's be fair. Bush took his share of shots for looking stupid. Now it's Obama's turn. And turnabout is fair play. Be magnanimous liberals, you have a chance to look like the better people on this tempest in a teapot. Don't lose your cool and get all defensive. Let the conservatives have their fun.....:)

regards,
Waddie

pefjr
05-25-2011, 03:59 PM
It's the reason he is the President, and you're not. The problem of disengaging from a 10 year war in Afghanistan is just a wee bit more complex that simply saying, 'ooops, we made a mistake, everybody pack up, we'll fly you all home'.....

....but naturally, the people not in the 'know' are nearly ALWAYS capable of reducing a difficult problem down to a childlike level. Too bad the world really isn't like that. Can you apply this logic to the Bush era and our mistakes, or it this just your partisan excuse for Obama today, cause I have heard this BS before and I an't buying it anymore. Can't disengage, so escalate, I see. Yeah, naturally. Too bad

pefjr
05-25-2011, 04:02 PM
Just having a president that can speak in complete sentences will surely give us back a bit of credibility.

Somehow I can't imagine w addressing both Houses of Parliament, but maybe I misunderestimate.Maybe it is your biased partisan ear wax. Use a q tip

Canoeyawl
05-25-2011, 04:13 PM
You know pef jr, If I insult you personally you can feel free to insult me, but until then you should be courteous.

pefjr
05-25-2011, 04:38 PM
You know pef jr, If I insult you personally you can feel free to insult me, but until then you should be courteous.That was not an insult, just good advice. And it was free. Here's more ....also free...quit listening to the Bush propaganda machine. Our President has more speaking problems than Bush did, it's just you and others are so in love, you have become hard of hearing. Listen to Obama's uh's next time.

Canoeyawl
05-25-2011, 04:44 PM
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/6/6f/Piehigh22.jpg/435px-Piehigh22.jpg

Bob Adams
05-25-2011, 04:49 PM
Same old stuff, a member of party A has a brain cramp. To members of party A, it's just a slip up, to party B members it is an indication of incompatance which should never be forgotten of forgiven.

Move along, nothing to see here.

pefjr
05-25-2011, 05:22 PM
The problem of disengaging from a 10 year war in Afghanistan is just a wee bit more complex that simply saying, 'ooops, we made a mistake, everybody pack up, we'll fly you all home'.....Norman All that is needed to end an unnecessary war is a leader.

Cuyahoga Chuck
05-25-2011, 05:23 PM
Come on now---let's be fair. Bush took his share of shots for looking stupid. Now it's Obama's turn. And turnabout is fair play. Be magnanimous liberals, you have a chance to look like the better people on this tempest in a teapot. Don't lose your cool and get all defensive. Let the conservatives have their fun.....:)

regards,
Waddie

But Obama is obviously not stupid. He's a magna cum laude grad of Harvard Law School. And he did it with nothing more than his native intelligence and grit.
No presidential papa. No legacy admission.
Obama is bound to be a historic figure for what he is and maybe for what he will accomplish. And now that it is prooven he has Irish ancestors the jokesters better watch out. Hibernians are a nasty lot.

Phillip Allen
05-25-2011, 05:25 PM
why no I don't Phillip, what I provided is a cartoon validating Pefjrs views. Wolfowitz and Rumsfeld made similar comments regarding the lack of rational planning for post invasion of Iraq. Is there something Clinton said that's on a similar scale of tragedy?

yes... "Mistakes were made"

wardd
05-25-2011, 05:27 PM
All that is needed to end an unnecessary war is a leader.

was bush a leader?

Phillip Allen
05-25-2011, 05:27 PM
look at all the vitriol coming from a beleaguered man's confusion when writing a date on a guest book...much ado from a bunch of nothings and nobodies

Captain Intrepid
05-25-2011, 05:45 PM
Yeah, look back with 20/20 hindsight and it's clear as a bell. We can both see it. I imagine W can see now too. A most important guestion arises: Why can't Obama see it now? Why can't LeeG see it? Is he hypnotized by the MIC?, The mystique of holding the reins to awesome power? Like we all were when Congress voted to give the power to our Military to invade Iraq and get rid of saddam? Why can't you see that there is similar problems in fighting a war in Afghanistan? Capture your hindsight on Iraq and apply it to the Now. Before we waste another 80/90 Billion a year, and umpteen lives. Before we kill more innocents with Drones. Are you hypnotized along with Obama and Congress? Where is that logic that you are comfortable with when dealing with the present and future?

Firstly it was clear back when the war was started that Iraq would be a disaster, and even more clear when Bush announced the war won. The problem was it was only clear to those who didn't let their gut overpower their brain. Perhaps that's why you only see it with hindsight?

Secondly there is a phenomenal difference between starting a war and attempting to withdraw from that war in as little a destabilizing way as possible. If it's so simple to pull out of Iraq with minimal harm, why don't you just jot down some instructions and mail em over to Obama. I'm sure all of the world will be thankful, maybe they'll buy you some anti-partisan q-tips of your very own.

pefjr
05-25-2011, 06:13 PM
Secondly there is a phenomenal difference between starting a war and attempting to withdraw from that war in as little a destabilizing way as possible. I can tell you and Norman that the way to end a war is not to escalate the war to 5 times the number of soldiers, keep fighting, and claim you are fighting a "Good War". Are you justifying the Afghanistan war, with an excuse that we cannot withdraw for destabilization reasons?:d

Canoeyawl
05-25-2011, 06:17 PM
I'm sure all of the world will be thankful, maybe they'll buy you some anti-partisan q-tips of your very own.

It will take a lot more than q-tips to clean out that mess.

In Paris they have a large wooden ball they run down through the sewers to clear them, maybe they have a junior size...

L.W. Baxter
05-25-2011, 07:54 PM
If I were President of the United States of America in 2011, I would date my signature 1971, because that was the year I spent curled up in the fetal position.

pefjr
05-25-2011, 09:13 PM
maybe they'll buy you some anti-partisan q-tips of your very own.Anti-partisan? Is that a bad thing? I am proud of that. I have no line to walk. I would not want to be tied in and shackled by the party. I am free to uh... what was that you said in #63
"I'm quite comfortable to be able to base my opinions on logic, thankee very much." BTW, I was one of the few to object to the invasion of Iraq, both with H. and with W. so you can't blame that war on me. You could fault me if you want for wanting to rid the world of Saddam and sons, Kim and sons, G-daffi, Assad, Mubarack, and the religious nut case ayatollahs in Iran. I was also against the escalation and Obama's war. I voted for Obama and would again today, I just do not worship him, and believe it or not he does have several faults.

Glen Longino
05-25-2011, 10:06 PM
You might be better served to lay out your BDS to a Psychiatrist. I saw it different and it was an admitted mistake, an underestimation of the problem at hand in Iraq, a jumping of the gun, so to speak. Mistakes were made by many, but Bush is not my scapegoat, he is yours, and the problem is yours. I am not afflicted with BDS, so your drift over to your bashing Bush is not interesting to me. I was throwing a little humor at cuyahoga's faulty worry about the cost of a AC Carrier being dedicated to Bush. I know that excites those afflicted, but in reality the AC carrier spends the money every day anyway, whether Bush was there or not and it does not even come close to the expense of a President and entourage visiting the black sheep in the family in Ireland. So.....

This is the stupidest post you've ever made, IMO!
It makes you look as goldanged ignert as Hank Rearden, eventhough I know you ain't.

Nanoose
05-25-2011, 10:33 PM
Hmm... not very impressive. No teleprompter for signing the guest book at Westminster Abbey...

Ya, because of your perfection, that's something you've never ever done yourself, eh Brian?

I mean, c'mon...signing the wrong date makes one an idiot, right?

How do you ever manage to live with your own perfection.... :rolleyes:

Glen Longino
05-25-2011, 10:50 PM
Anti-partisan? Is that a bad thing? I am proud of that. I have no line to walk. I would not want to be tied in and shackled by the party. I am free to uh... what was that you said in #63
"I'm quite comfortable to be able to base my opinions on logic, thankee very much." BTW, I was one of the few to object to the invasion of Iraq, both with H. and with W. so you can't blame that war on me. You could fault me if you want for wanting to rid the world of Saddam and sons, Kim and sons, G-daffi, Assad, Mubarack, and the religious nut case ayatollahs in Iran. I was also against the escalation and Obama's war. I voted for Obama and would again today, I just do not worship him, and believe it or not he does have several faults.

..."I have no line to walk."...

The hell you don't!
Just look at your incessant grousing against EVERYTHING!
You're an all-purpose Partisan, pissed off about EVERYTHING!

The Bigfella
05-25-2011, 10:52 PM
Gee you're a cheery mob.

Blowtorch
05-26-2011, 01:41 AM
All that is needed to end an unnecessary war is a leader.
this might be the Stupidest thing I have ever read on the Internets. But its good you Recognize the war as Unnecessary, so Thank You for the Apology.

OK BobbyS I have got 3 posts in a row with all my Speeling Correct so do I get a Gold star?

Phillip Allen
05-26-2011, 02:23 AM
kain't we all just get along? :(

it's not important that he got the date wrong

ChaseKenyon
05-26-2011, 04:23 AM
I wouldn't worry too much - Obama is still highly respected here:

"The 2003 poll suggested that 75 per cent polled had little or no confidence in President Bush. Today 72 per cent have a great deal or fair mount of confidence in President Obama. In today’s poll, 81 per cent think President Obama is highly intelligent, back in 2003 17 per cent thought the US had got itself an highly intelligent president. You get the picture." (http://blogs.channel4.com/gary-gibbon-on-politics/obama-mania-brits-back-the-us-president/15386)

well I am a regular voter on you gov. so ....

http://blogs.channel4.com/gary-gibbon-on-politics/files/2011/05/BushObama2505.jpg

ChaseKenyon
05-26-2011, 04:28 AM
Same old stuff, a member of party A has a brain cramp. To members of party A, it's just a slip up, to party B members it is an indication of incompatance which should never be forgotten of forgiven.

Move along, nothing to see here.

humm google could not find it.

http://www.google.com/search?aq=f&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8&q=incompatance#hl=en&pwst=1&sa=X&ei=LB7eTcHPBqX20gHHsa2fCg&ved=0CCsQvgUoAA&q=incompatance&nfpr=1&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.&fp=c74ec1905ee18c02&biw=810&bih=418

;)

S.V. Airlie
05-26-2011, 06:49 AM
Damn, this is just stupid. Why do some people really care if he put the wrong date in the register? It's not like it is an historic document..Well, skip that comment, it may become one..:)

Bob Adams
05-26-2011, 08:13 AM
humm google could not find it.

http://www.google.com/search?aq=f&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8&q=incompatance#hl=en&pwst=1&sa=X&ei=LB7eTcHPBqX20gHHsa2fCg&ved=0CCsQvgUoAA&q=incompatance&nfpr=1&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.&fp=c74ec1905ee18c02&biw=810&bih=418

;)

Oh boy, now I've gone and done it, misspelled incompetence. Since I am more of a moderate, I guess I get to enjoy abuse from both sides!;)

bobbys
05-26-2011, 09:32 AM
this might be the Stupidest thing I have ever read on the Internets. But its good you Recognize the war as Unnecessary, so Thank You for the Apology.

OK BobbyS I have got 3 posts in a row with all my Speeling Correct so do I get a Gold star?.

I might post a pic in the spring time thread for you if i can find one that will not get me booted, A lot of peeps are still jealousy i wuz BROTM and is looking for any reason to report me to the proper authorities!