a damn yankee

... but you repeat yourself

BrianW
05-19-2011, 11:05 AM
a damn yankee

The Motor City Madman. :D

David G
05-19-2011, 11:07 AM
A drug-addled fool who's decided to become political (while still remaining profoundly ignorant) in his old age.

Phillip Allen
05-19-2011, 11:11 AM
A drug-addled fool who's decided to become political (while still remaining profoundly ignorant) in his old age.

wow! it sure is easy to tell who doesn't agree with/is afraid of his politics :)

Phillip Allen
05-19-2011, 11:12 AM
He's been vividly anti-drug and anti-alcohol throughout his career.

it looks like either Donn or David is 180 degrees out of phase with the truth...which is it? :)

Paul Pless
05-19-2011, 11:12 AM
A drug-addled foolYou can say a lot of things about Ted, but to describe him as either a dope fiend or an boozer would be completely untrue. He famously does not drink or do drugs, nor has he ever. . .
who's decided to become political He's been involved in a number of political issues for as long as I can remember. He supports Native American claims to their property rights and heritage, he's pro hunting and fishing, pro-gun, anti-dope, and he's an environmentalist. . .

LeeG
05-19-2011, 11:13 AM
I don't think he picks up after himself

pefjr
05-19-2011, 11:16 AM
Duh, not another gun thread.:rolleyes:

Phillip Allen
05-19-2011, 11:17 AM
You can say a lot of things about Ted, but to describe him as either a dope fiend or an boozer would be completely untrue. He famously does not drink or do drugs, nor has he ever. . .He's been involved in a number of political issues for as long as I can remember. He supports Native American claims to their property rights and heritage, he's pro hunting and fishing, pro-gun, anti-dope, and he's an environmentalist. . .
a damned old GREENIE??? He MUST be a DemocratIC!!!

Breakaway
05-19-2011, 11:17 AM
Yeah...Ted dont do drugs. Sex is his addiction, by his own admission.

He's quite the hunter, angler, outdorsman and a very outspoken political radio show host. I'm sure you could google a webcast if you cared for a taste.

Kevin

Paul Pless
05-19-2011, 11:21 AM
He MUST be a DemocratIC!!!not a democrat

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LXUI5hAxFYI&feature=fvst

David G
05-19-2011, 11:23 AM
He's been vividly anti-drug and anti-alcohol throughout his career.

It's entirely possible that I am completely incorrect about the drugs. I've never followed his career... just made an assumption based upon his field of work and his addled current thinking. Perhaps he was just born stupid?

Of course... since he's a public figure who's speaking out, 'vividly' as you say, about these issues... and a Republican... it's entirely possible that we'll later discover that the anti-drug talk was just a front, ala Larry Craig (just one example amongst many) and the 'family values/anti-gay' rhetoric.

But for now... I'll gladly recant my 'drug' comment, based upon your testimony... pending further developments <G> So... for now... make that a "sex-addled... etc."

Phillip Allen
05-19-2011, 11:26 AM
that guy is a nut! How could I have EVER have questioned David's superior intellect and wisdom???

:)

Paul Pless
05-19-2011, 11:34 AM
How could I have EVER have . . .

:)How could you have not know who he is?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wv5HJkp5sY0&feature=related

David G
05-19-2011, 11:37 AM
that guy is a nut! How could I have EVER have questioned David's superior intellect and wisdom???

:)

Yes... I was immediately flooded with PM's wondering the same thing. I honestly can't imagine LOL

Phillip Allen
05-19-2011, 11:39 AM
Okay, okay, I sorta knew who he is...a bandie in some once famous band who is a proponent of the 2nd amendment... I really haven't kept up with him and don't know much more than what I've said in this post...

We've apparently been at the same places at the same time but I never (knowingly) met or talked with him

wizbang 13
05-19-2011, 11:40 AM
Hang on there David G , Ya make sex addiction (cat scratch feva) sound like a BAD thing?

BrianY
05-19-2011, 11:40 AM
Isn't funny how many conservative like to mock actors, musicians and artists when they speak with a liberal bias on political topics as being 'unqualified", "ignorant" and other such things, but they take actors, musicians and artists who speak with a conservative bias on political topics very seriously...

Phillip Allen
05-19-2011, 11:43 AM
Isn't funny how many conservative like to mock actors, musicians and artists when they speak with a liberal bias on political topics as being 'unqualified", "ignorant" and other such things, but they take actors, musicians and artists who speak with a conservative bias on political topics very seriously...

have you noticed? both extremes do EXACTLY the same things!

David G
05-19-2011, 11:48 AM
Hang on there David G , Ya make sex addiction (cat scratch feva) sound like a BAD thing?

I can tell you for certain - from having grown up in the 60's & 70's - that lots and lotsa love with sweet and enthusiastic partners is NOT a bad thing. (But being addicted to ANY thing is not good)

Paul Pless
05-19-2011, 11:51 AM
both extremes do EXACTLY the same things!Philip, you do know that you are one of the extremes, right?

just want to make sure you're not being self delusional in your self righteousness. . .

David G
05-19-2011, 11:51 AM
have you noticed? both extremes do EXACTLY the same things!

Very true. I commented now about Nugent because his name came up... but do you remember back when Jane Fonda was pulling similarly stupid, ignorant, over-the-top numbskullery back in Vietnam War days? I was very much against our involvement over there, but cringed at some of the stuff she said/did! But... I don't want to pull a p'dog and deflect the discussion of the facts about THIS topic by ringing in vaguely related topics.

So....... Back to Ted. Who is he. Why does he matter? What parts of what issues has he got correct? Incorrect? (I assume that he's not 100% right or wrong).

Phillip Allen
05-19-2011, 11:52 AM
I can tell you for certain - from having grown up in the 60's & 70's - that lots and lotsa love with sweet and enthusiastic partners is NOT a bad thing. (But being addicted to ANY thing is not good)

so... you made a semantical comment about another semantical comment?

Paul Pless
05-19-2011, 11:53 AM
Very true. I commented now about Nugent because his name came up... but do you remember back when Jane Fonda was pulling equally stupid, ignorant, over-the-top numbskullery back in Vietnam War days? I was very much against our involvement over there, but cringed at some of the stuff she said/did!so twice in forty years you've felt compelled to bash a celebrity for their political stance:D

Phillip Allen
05-19-2011, 11:53 AM
Philip, you do know that you are one of the extremes, right?

just want to make sure you're not being self delusional in your self righteousness. . .

I consider myself an extreme centrist... taking hits from both of the more popular extremes

TimH
05-19-2011, 11:54 AM
Ted is a god in Michigan :)

If you have a problem with that I have a message for ya :)

Paul Pless
05-19-2011, 11:55 AM
I consider myself an extreme centrist... taking hits from both of the more popular extremeslet me give you a hint here bud, Norman considers himself to be a centrist as well, that ought to speak volumes to both of you :D

TimH
05-19-2011, 11:55 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0c3d7QgZr7g

Paul Pless
05-19-2011, 11:57 AM
Ted is a god in Michigan :)

If you have a problem with that I have a message for ya :)He's pretty well thought of in Alabama too.:D

He often toured the South with Lynyrd Skynyrd.

Phillip Allen
05-19-2011, 11:57 AM
let me give you a hint here bud, Norman considers himself to be a centrist as well, that ought to speak volumes to both of you :D

Norman and I are the same guy, just different people... it's simple!

David G
05-19-2011, 12:05 PM
so... you made a semantical comment about another semantical comment?

Try again, if you would... in English this time?

bobbys
05-19-2011, 12:05 PM
Ted really "schooled" Piers the other night

David G
05-19-2011, 12:07 PM
so twice in forty years you've felt compelled to bash a celebrity for their political stance:D

I'm sorry, but you seem to have abandoned your usual skills of incisive and insightful thinking <G> I've bashed all sorts of public figures over the years. I've even touched up Norman and bobbys... and that's as close to celebrity as we get around these parts, eh?

David G
05-19-2011, 12:09 PM
I consider myself an extreme centrist... taking hits from both of the more popular extremes

Paul... that bit of probing exposed some important information that will help with the diagnosis. Delusion is a good first hypothesis! <G>

bobbys
05-19-2011, 12:18 PM
I'm sorry, but you seem to have abandoned your usual skills of incisive and insightful thinking <G> I've bashed all sorts of public figures over the years. I've even touched up Norman and bobbys... and that's as close to celebrity as we get around these parts, eh?.

Tis true you have taken me to the proverbial cleaners a few times but you cannot stifle my Rock and Roll!

David G
05-19-2011, 12:25 PM

Tis true you have taken me to the proverbial cleaners a few times but you cannot stifle my Rock and Roll!

Don't make me laugh with that Rock & Roll story! I bet you're more like Boy George with tar-smeared jeans <G>

Ted Hoppe
05-19-2011, 12:37 PM
An 8 track tape rock star is still fighting with John Lennon ideology.

One thing for sure, the trailer park following who listens to him do not even realize the great white rhino hunter left them years ago at 50 paces.

Ted Hoppe
05-19-2011, 12:47 PM
By the way, this proud American was a draft dodger...

"He claims that 30 days before his draft board physical, he disavowed personal hygiene. The last ten days he ingested nothing but junk food and Pepsi, and with a week to go until the physical, he stopped using the bathroom altogether. When the big day came, he had been living in excrement-caked and urine-stained pants. Always the hero, however, Nugent reassured the Free Press, But if I would have gone over there, Id have been killed, or Id have killed all the Hippies in the foxholes. I would have killed everybody."

switters
05-19-2011, 12:48 PM
Good one Phillip, the Palin bait was getting stale and not spinning well anymore.

Chris Coose
05-19-2011, 12:50 PM
[QUOTE=Norman Bernstein;2992928
To me, that puts him in the class of clowns like Glen Beck and Rush Limbaugh.[/QUOTE]

"Clowns" infers he dresses up to make his way in the parade. This guy does not put on a costume. He's just ugly naturally. Thought his music sucked too.

TimH
05-19-2011, 01:00 PM

"He claims that 30 days before his draft board physical, he disavowed personal hygiene. The last ten days he ingested nothing but junk food and Pepsi, and with a week to go until the physical, he stopped using the bathroom altogether. When the big day came, he had been living in excrement-caked and urine-stained pants. Always the hero, however, Nugent reassured the Free Press, “But if I would have gone over there, I’d have been killed, or I’d have killed all the Hippies in the foxholes. I would have killed everybody.”"

Well he only likes to shoot things that dont shoot back.

I do find him very entertaining though and I like his music.

Phillip Allen
05-19-2011, 01:00 PM
Good one Phillip, the Palin bait was getting stale and not spinning well anymore.

thanks... it just occurred to me on a whim...it sure separates folks into their armored/blinkered ideologies pretty quick

PhaseLockedLoop
05-19-2011, 01:08 PM
I cringed, as well. She did more damage to the peace movement than any aid she might have provided.... but that tends to be true of extremists for ANY cause, left or right.

If you're right about the damage, it's because nobody listened to what she actually said. And don't give me that crap about "extremists." She talked, while the people she criticized killed few million people. So who's extreme?

Phillip Allen
05-19-2011, 01:10 PM
If you're right about the damage, it's because nobody listened to what she actually said. And don't give me that crap about "extremists." She talked, while the people she criticized killed few million people. So who's extreme?

I didn't realize several million were killed by US forces... ?

bobbys
05-19-2011, 01:24 PM

"He claims that 30 days before his draft board physical, he disavowed personal hygiene. The last ten days he ingested nothing but junk food and Pepsi, and with a week to go until the physical, he stopped using the bathroom altogether. When the big day came, he had been living in excrement-caked and urine-stained pants. Always the hero, however, Nugent reassured the Free Press, But if I would have gone over there, Id have been killed, or Id have killed all the Hippies in the foxholes. I would have killed everybody.".

Yesterday we had some lib forum members criticize another forum member and label him a moral coward and he was just working as a contractor.

Now today you tell us Ted was a bum..

Those same Forum members would hail ted as a hero but the conundrum arises he criticized President Obama.

Now you raced to Google him as a Draft Dodger..

Every time some one comes up like Dick Cheney the libs froth at the mouth to tell us how they dodged the draft,
Then the next day we are told all War is Evil and "hero's run from it.

You libs need to get your stories straight..

Course we know its simple everything changes depending on the moment.

PhaseLockedLoop
05-19-2011, 01:26 PM
Leave your cares behind
Come with us and find
The pleasures of a journey to the center of the mind

(CHORUS)
Come along if you care
Come along if you dare
Take a ride to the land inside of your mind

Beyond the seas of thought
Beyond the realm of what
Across the streams of hopes and dreams
Where things are really not

But please realize
Youll probably be surprised
For it's the land unknown to man
Where fantasy is fact
So if you can, please understand
You might not come back

(CHORUS)

How happy life could be
If all of mankind
Would take the time to journey to the center of the mind
Would take the time to journey to the center of the mind
Center of the mind, the mind, the mind, the mind....

I saw Ted and the Amboy Dukes do that tune several times at Detroit's Grandee Ballroom in '67 and '68. It was a gathering place for the local heads; the walls were covered with those moving images you get when you drip food coloring on opaque projectors, and three-quarters of the room was strobe-lit. Folks went there to get their LSD and stagger around the floor, zoned out. As for the song, the lyrics were routed through a slow-revolving speaker system for that woowoo phased sound. They had Fender Twin Reverbs stacked four high across most of the stage, 25 of them, and they were all maxed out--you could hardly hear the "music," you just felt it bore directly into your spine.

I'll tell you this: if Ted was anti-drug, there wasn't a soul in the place (or at the time) who knew it.

Paul Pless
05-19-2011, 01:27 PM
You libs need to get your stories straight.not possible

Ted Hoppe
05-19-2011, 01:34 PM

Yesterday we had some lib forum members criticize another forum member and label him a moral coward and he was just working as a contractor.

Now today you tell us Ted was a bum..
Now you raced to Google him as a Draft Dodger..

Every time some one comes up like Dick Cheney the libs froth at the mouth to tell us how they dodged the draft,
Then the next day we are told all War is Evil and "hero's run from it.

Course we know its simple everything changes depending on the moment.

Your right about taking these two heroes...
Cheney and Nugent are similar. Both like to shoot big game. One shoots lawyers and the other tied up prefattened animals released in shooting parks. Given a chance, they both chose to get others shot while claiming to be brave.

perldog007
05-19-2011, 03:24 PM

LIE!!! WTH! OMG!! TRULY ASTOUNDING - Uncle Ted has been a long time advocate against drug use. Uncle Ted ain't the profoundly ignorant one in this post.

David G
05-19-2011, 03:28 PM
LIE!!! WTH! OMG!! TRULY ASTOUNDING - Uncle Ted has been a long time advocate against drug use. Uncle Ted ain't the profoundly ignorant one in this post.

p'dog - every so often I'll post without reading the whole thread. And, so often, it comes back to bite me. Does that ever happen to you?

perldog007
05-19-2011, 04:06 PM
p'dog - every so often I'll post without reading the whole thread. And, so often, it comes back to bite me. Does that ever happen to you?

Not like that but I took up for Sam Sam once and stepped in it so bad that I had to burn my Dr. Dentons :D

perldog007
05-19-2011, 04:14 PM
??? .

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=TED+NUGENT&aq=f

htom
05-19-2011, 04:42 PM
http://www.tednugent.com/

perldog007
05-19-2011, 09:05 PM
And he kills his dinner instead of contracting the job out to a Con-Agra slaughterhouse like us mere wimps.

Phillip Allen
05-19-2011, 09:07 PM
And he kills his dinner instead of contracting the job out to a Con-Agra slaughterhouse like us mere wimps.

do you hire a hit-man too? :)

perldog007
05-19-2011, 09:11 PM
do you hire a hit-man too? :)

I'm mostly a mere wimp. Have harvested some of my own, but mostly contract it out. :(

Phillip Allen
05-19-2011, 09:13 PM
I have butchered my own but I'm a bit lazy about doing it very often

PhaseLockedLoop
05-20-2011, 09:16 AM
I didn't realize several million were killed by US forces... ?

What, you thought they slipped on banana peels?

Phillip Allen
05-20-2011, 09:40 AM
What, you thought they slipped on banana peels?

how many did the North kill or the VC? How about the French?

Mrleft8
05-20-2011, 10:31 AM
Ted Nugent is a mediocre guitar player, psychopath.

PhaseLockedLoop
05-20-2011, 11:11 AM
how many did the North kill or the VC? How about the French?

The French? I dunno. Jane wouldn't have had much effect on that anyway. Without the US, there'd have been no further war, after the French were whipped, so there'd be 2-3 million more Indo-Chineese without us, whoever actually killed them. And there'd be 50-odd thousand Americans alive too, and hundreds of thousands of American troops wouldn't have suffered disgusting wounds and ruined lives.

But to try to answer your question, I've never seen a breakdown. I can only guess. As for the NVA, I doubt they killed a couple hundred thousand. They didn't bomb the South, because we were doing it. They didn't bomb the North, because there was no significant rebellion there. The NLF of course didn't bomb anyone, but they accounted for lots of deaths. NVA and NLF together killed 50-odd thousand of us (ALL of whom would have lived, if we'd stopped killing), perhaps as many ARVIN, though the latter were usually accused of not doing much fighting.

My point, originally, was to slap aside the notion that Jane Fonda and others like her were "extremists". The extremists were the lying, crazed US leaders and the people who thoughtlessly assumed that the impossible things they were being told must somehow be true, and that those against the war were logic-chopping extremists.

Major thread drift. Sorry.

Gerarddm
05-20-2011, 01:02 PM
Cat Scratch Fever!

cs
05-20-2011, 02:41 PM
Duh, not another gun thread.:rolleyes:

Probably more of a bow thread. Ted preaches a lot about "the mythical flight of the arrow." To him it is spiritual, a sense of becoming one with the arrow. Ted prefers to hunt big game with his bow.

No need to cover the drug issue, it has already been covered here, or the lack thereof.

Ted is a great showman. One of the best concerts I ever went to was a Ted Nugent concert. The man puts on an amazing show.

Yeah Ted leans a bit to the right, about like the Titanic hit an ice cube. But he is an avid enviormentlist.

You can say what you want about him being a "medicore" guitar player, but really the man can shred with the best.

And Ted ain't dumb, he is a lot smarter than what you may think.

I personaly think that he may be insane. It's all in the eyes.

http://www.washingtoncitypaper.com/blogs/citydesk/files/2010/08/1280410190-ted-nugent.jpg

Chad

pefjr
05-20-2011, 03:15 PM
Probably more of a bow thread. Ted preaches a lot about "the mythical flight of the arrow." To him it is spiritual, a sense of becoming one with the arrow. Ted prefers to hunt big game with his bow.

I was referring to his stance on the 2nd. Which hasn't come up yet, and hopefully it won't. I do some small game bow hunting and appreciate a lot about TN. His music is not my flavor. I have a BIL that worships the ground this guy walks on and is on his security team when he comes to LV, so I hear too much about how great he is. My BIL's greatest possession is a guitar he got TN to sign his name on. He thinks it's worth thousands of dollars. I haven't told him the guitar is a cheap $79 wal-mart special and will never be worth even that much. But I have to listen to him because he is bigger than I am. I think TN is a bit crazy too, but no fan has ever left his show early or unhappy with his performance.

perldog007
05-20-2011, 03:17 PM
I was referring to his stance on the 2nd. Which hasn't come up yet, and hopefully it won't. I do some small game bow hunting and appreciate a lot about TN. His music is not my flavor. I have a BIL that worships the ground this guy walks on and is on his security team when he comes to LV, so I hear too much about how great he is. My BIL's greatest possession is a guitar he got TN to sign his name on. He thinks it's worth thousands of dollars. I haven't told him the guitar is a cheap $79 wal-mart special and will never be worth even that much. But I have to listen to him because he is bigger than I am. I think TN is a bit crazy too, but no fan has ever left his show early or unhappy with his performance.

TN is bigger than you too, so you have to listen to him. Now drop all the Che loving anti-self defense hoplophobia. Uncle Ted says so :D