PDA

View Full Version : LIZ, Pilot House Cruiser

fhagan
11-09-2000, 11:11 AM
Boatbuilder magazine has an article by a Tom Lathrop regarding a 24' pilot house cruiser he designed. It has pretty nice lines, and looks like a project I might want to consider (especially if I could modify it to about 22', which looks like it could be done.)

The article didn't have any contact information for Tom, and the only email address I got on a search turned out to be invalid. Anyone know Tom? Is he selling plans for LIZ?

Clif Thompson
11-09-2000, 12:04 PM
Tom posts here frequently. I suspect that he will respond to you if you post an email for him to respond to.

Tom Lathrop
11-09-2000, 03:37 PM
Mr Hagan, Is that the right name?

I originally designed LIZ as a 22' convertible cruiser. The length was increased to get the accomodations that we wanted. Changing the length from 24' to 22' on this boat is as simple as reducing the station spacing. Of course the interior and displacement will have to be reworked. Since only one dimension would be changed, the displacement would only decrease by about 8.3%.

I am trying to get a NA friend to work up the plans on his Autoyacht program but, as of now, they are not available. Perhaps I can do them, but it is not something that I would particularly enjoy.

Hi Clif, I didn't know you were lurking about.

Frank Hagan
11-09-2000, 11:32 PM
Thanks for replying! I finally changed my username (I could check that off the "To Do" list if I had ever finished it ...)

I enjoyed the article, and was intrigued by LIZ. It must be rewarding to have the hull perform so close to your expectations. I suspect you'll quite a few inquiries about plans for her. I don't know what the policies are here regarding posting when the plans or lines are available, but if you are making a list of email addresses of interested parties, add mine to it - fhagan@vcnet.com.

The details on designer her were fascinating, especially the model hull tests, but I have to admit its far more than I would attempt to do (too much math, you know?)