PDA

View Full Version : Non-controversy becomes a controversy. Poetry Readings in the White House

pefjr
05-14-2011, 10:44 AM
Now this non controversy will be debated on the Monday night O'Reilly show with Jon Stewart, the bilge's favorite news anchor. This ought a be good.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/yblog_thecutline/how-fox-news-fueled-this-weeks-common-non-controversy.

I am not comfortable in Jon's corner, so I am deserting him in this fight. This time I believe that Fox News and Palin are right and Jon has stepped in the s%^t. It's called a non controversy because the left would like it to disappear.

http://dailycaller.com/2011/05/09/burn-a-bush-michelle-obama-invites-rapper-common-to-a-poetry-reading/

Tom Montgomery
05-14-2011, 11:01 AM
O'Reilly debating Stewart? A professional blowhard versus a professional comedian. The gravitas in the room will be overwhelming!

Appropriate for the level of seriousness of the issue to be debated.

Curtism
05-14-2011, 11:04 AM
Thanks for the heads up. I'll make it a point to sit through one of Billo's shows 'cuz he and Stewart are both pretty sharp guys and they've had some interesting exchanges in the past. I'm betting Jon holds his own, as usual.

It will be interesting to see the spike in O'Reilly's ratings.

(Did you check with pd to see if this was on his list of topics that we should be discussing here at the bilge?) ;)

Paul Pless
05-14-2011, 11:07 AM
Now this non controversy will be debated on the Monday night O'Reilly show with Jon Stewart, the bilge's favorite news anchor. This ought a be good.WTF?!

You know that anything The Daily Show, is the province of Norm to post. . .

Tom Montgomery
05-14-2011, 11:20 AM

Yep. And that, of course, it what it is all about.

Sort of reminiscent of the old Jerry Falwell/Al Sharpton dog-and-pony show.

pefjr
05-14-2011, 11:33 AM
WTF?!

You know that anything The Daily Show, is the province of Norm to post. . .Norm provides us with one sided news and an occasional token. I provide non controversial, low brow, up coming notices of interest. I doubt anyone on the left shows up. Issue not serious enough.

Y Bar Ranch
05-14-2011, 11:37 AM
Did somebody quote one of our limericks in the Oval Office? I'm out of the loop on this one.

perldog007
05-14-2011, 12:14 PM
Thanks for the heads up. I'll make it a point to sit through one of Billo's shows 'cuz he and Stewart are both pretty sharp guys and they've had some interesting exchanges in the past. I'm betting Jon holds his own, as usual.

(Did you check with pd to see if this was on his list of topics that we should be discussing here at the bilge?) ;)

No, but I'm okay with it as it's obviously more significant than the flooding along the Mississippi, Wildfires in Texas, Unrest in the Middle East, The economy ( U.S. and world ), food shortages and related unrest, and Bristol Palin. Carry on.

perldog007
05-14-2011, 12:18 PM
WTF?!

You know that anything The Daily Show, is the province of Norm to post. . .

Danged Skippy, Truly ASTOUNDING, and so on and so forth. BUT bud gets a waiver because he's talking about O'reilly. I always thought that Norman only gets FOX NEWS second hand according to most of his past postings. Lately he did say that he occasionally watches. I need to see the long form certification on that claim due to my own bias. :D

S.V. Airlie
05-14-2011, 12:29 PM
Is this all because the First Lady was not invited to the Royal wedding?..

bobbys
05-14-2011, 12:31 PM
I should like to see how Jon defends cop killing and racism..

The libs here seem to only be able to play a moral equivalency card.

I did notice they went in a heated Frenzy to look up Sarah Palin.

Its obvious SP is a front runner in their eyes .

Funny i would never even have thought SP had anything to to with what despicable characters are invited to the white house.

Guess the Police Union was thrown under the Rap buzz.

Wonder what our libs here would have to say if some one discouraged Blacks marrying Whites.

wardd
05-14-2011, 12:35 PM

billo isn't sharp just a liar

it's easy to sound sharp when you make chit up

http://mediamatters.org/research/201105120024

perldog007
05-14-2011, 12:43 PM

What did he lie to you about wardd?

wardd
05-14-2011, 12:46 PM
What did he lie to you about wardd?

you're kidding, right?

perldog007
05-14-2011, 12:49 PM
Not only is she a front runner in the tortured imaginations of the commies and such, BUT she's a real threat. On this controversy she said she wasn't anti-rap AND stated that she knew the lyrics to "rapper's delight' by heart. Any Marxists who survived this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eOauZ4KcSIs

Will likely meet the great Stalin in the sky after Sarah lays her version on them. Freedom!!!! :D

perldog007
05-14-2011, 12:49 PM
you're kidding, right?

No, I'm interested. What did he lie to you about?

bobbys
05-14-2011, 12:50 PM
What did he lie to you about wardd?.

You have to understand Jon Steward cannot lie.

If caught its Comedy.

If the Democrats tell him to hit with hard news he is a legitimate commentator.

Not entirely sure why their best commentators are on the comedy channel, Suppose they figure thats where they will find their base.

bobbys
05-14-2011, 12:51 PM
No, I'm interested. What did he lie to you about?.

O come on give him time he is Google ing media matters , It takes time

S.V. Airlie
05-14-2011, 12:53 PM
Not google, confer with his handlers...

wardd
05-14-2011, 12:59 PM
Not google, confer with his handlers...

yea, i gotta confer with sva so no one can understand what i say

wardd
05-14-2011, 01:03 PM
Yesterday we presented a highlight reel showing all the times people on Fox News had claimed that you could go to prison if you don't buy government-mandated health insurance. We made this reel because on Tuesday night's edition of "The O'Reilly Factor," host Bill O'Reilly said, "We researched to find out if anybody on Fox News had ever said you're going to jail if you don't buy health insurance. Nobody's ever said it."

Last night O'Reilly responded to all the criticism he'd received for his apparent falsehood. He acknowledged his mistake and sincerely apologized for misleading his viewers. PSYCH! No, of course not. What he actually did was dig in and continue to defend the lie.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/04/16/bill-oreilly-defends-lie_n_540672.html

wardd
05-14-2011, 01:09 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AC8BBIwrbLU

S.V. Airlie
05-14-2011, 01:14 PM
yea, i gotta confer with sva so no one can understand what i say I don't expect you to understand anything.It is beyond your ablilities...

wardd
05-14-2011, 01:16 PM
I don't expect you to understand anything.It is beyond your ablilities...

i envy you, your intelligence and way with words

bobbys
05-14-2011, 01:16 PM
Hey, Warrd Fuggatabout posting links.

In real life you would have to actually communicate on your own.

perldog007
05-14-2011, 01:17 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AC8BBIwrbLU

I believe that FOX did say that during the "Affordable" HCA scrap, but on your video so did ABC. Next?

pefjr
05-14-2011, 01:54 PM

Yes, it sure is wward.
Hillary simply cannot tell the truth. Here's her scorecard:
Admitted Lies
Chelsea was jogging around the Trade Center on Sept. 11, 2001. (She was in bed watching it on TV.)
Hillary was named after Sir Edmund Hillary. (She admitted she was wrong. He climbed Mt. Everest five years after her birth.)
She was under sniper fire in Bosnia. (A girl presented her with flowers at the foot of the ramp.)
She learned in The Wall Street Journal how to make a killing in the futures market. (It didn't cover the market back then.)
http://ads.forbes.com/RealMedia/ads/adstream_lx.ads/realclearpolitics.com/story/186356658/Block/OasDefault_v5/default/empty.gif/52713275496b334f7a6b7741424d7351? (http://ads.forbes.com/RealMedia/ads/click_lx.ads/realclearpolitics.com/story/186356658/Block/OasDefault_v5/default/empty.gif/52713275496b334f7a6b7741424d7351)
Whoppers She Won't Confess To
She didn't know about the FALN pardons.
She didn't know that her brothers were being paid to get pardons that Clinton granted.
Taking the White House gifts was a clerical error.
She didn't know that her staff would fire the travel office staff after she told them to do so.
She didn't know that the Peter Paul fundraiser in Hollywood in 2000 cost $700,000 more than she reported it had.
She opposed NAFTA at the time.
She was instrumental in the Irish peace process.
She urged Bill to intervene in Rwanda.
She played a role in the '90s economic recovery.
The billing records showed up on their own.
She thought Bill was innocent when the Monica scandal broke.
She was always a Yankees fan.
She had nothing to do with the New Square Hasidic pardons (after they voted for her 1,400-12 and she attended a meeting at the White House about the pardons).
She negotiated for the release of refugees in Macedonia (who were released the day before she got there).
With a record like that, is it any wonder that we suspect her of being less than honest and straightforward?

I'll update that if you want some more wward, like the brother of the Republican nominee was instrumental in the theft of the White House. But it won't matter, the left has this great talent to ignore lies if the person telling the lie is of a lefty persuasion.

wardd
05-14-2011, 02:02 PM
i don't give much credence to her either, but this thread isn't about her

Tom Montgomery
05-14-2011, 03:24 PM
Right. It's about Sarah Palin.

perldog007
05-14-2011, 04:02 PM

Yes it is. When Palin says "Don't Retreat, Reload' and publishes a "target" graphic it's newsworthy and controversial (http://forum.woodenboat.com/showthread.php?124933-Arizona-Congresswoman-Giffords-Shot-Today) to the left.

The white house invites Common to a poetry reading and it's a nontroversey, FOX FAILS as FAUX NEWS (http://forum.woodenboat.com/showthread.php?130948-Fox-Fails-Faux-News-nontroversies-and-Jon-Stewart)for reporting on people who object, etc.

Pure spin all around. It's not a nontroversey to the NJ Staties, and should be controversial towards people who object to racism given statements attributed to the socially conscious rapper concerning dating/marriage of white women.

I'm fine with the man being invited to the WH and believe that if people object that's their right and privilege. If some support it, and some object that's a controversy. Trivial? to some.

wardd
05-14-2011, 04:59 PM
Yes it is. When Palin says "Don't Retreat, Reload' and publishes a "target" graphic it's newsworthy and controversial (http://forum.woodenboat.com/showthread.php?124933-Arizona-Congresswoman-Giffords-Shot-Today) to the left.

The white house invites Common to a poetry reading and it's a nontroversey, FOX FAILS as FAUX NEWS (http://forum.woodenboat.com/showthread.php?130948-Fox-Fails-Faux-News-nontroversies-and-Jon-Stewart)for reporting on people who object, etc.

Pure spin all around. It's not a nontroversey to the NJ Staties, and should be controversial towards people who object to racism given statements attributed to the socially conscious rapper concerning dating/marriage of white women.

I'm fine with the man being invited to the WH and believe that if people object that's their right and privilege. If some support it, and some object that's a controversy. Trivial? to some.

weren't most of the people objecting fox newsers?

never a slow news day at fox, just make stuff up, pdog will believe it

Tom Montgomery
05-14-2011, 05:45 PM

Yes it is.

Ahhh....

How I enjoy being correct.

perldog007
05-14-2011, 06:18 PM
weren't most of the people objecting fox newsers?

Don't bother watching fox, just make stuff up, i will believe it ftfy :d

perldog007
05-14-2011, 06:19 PM
Ahhh....

How I enjoy being correct.

Keep trying, you're bound to be correct some of the time :D

Curtism
05-16-2011, 07:27 PM
Vote on Bill O'Reilly.com on "who won the shoot out".

perldog007
05-16-2011, 08:23 PM
I'm probably one of the few who watched it, O'reilly got owned IMO. Arguably he went down the wrong road and Stewart was waiting and well prepared. Stooopid I says, Stewart did his homework and it paid.

mariner2k
05-16-2011, 08:44 PM
Got to agree with P-dog. Stewart took the round. O'reilly was his usual self. I didn,t stick around to see the poll results. Probably predictable. If wrong I'd be surprised. OReiily called the rapper a cop killing sympathizer which I thought was his usual spin. That would lead one to believe that he, and even the president condoned cop killing. I don't see where that is true. Where Stewart expalined that they may have been wrongly convicted. Maybe yes, maybe no. There is a huge difference.

perldog007
05-16-2011, 09:11 PM
What I heard Stewart say was that in his opinion, after looking at the issue, was that Common thought they were wrongly convicted. I think O'reilly's only chance was to support the notion that it was politically controversial and point to other partisan controversies and try to find one from the left that Stewart didn't lampoon. IMO the answer is that the flap was a political one, not a moral one. O'reilly tried to make it a morality thing and he fumbled .

I also don't think the First Lady's poetry tastes are an issue for contention. Bigger things to worry about. Stewart did well, O'reilly, not so much. YMMV.

pefjr
05-16-2011, 10:45 PM
They both won, interesting chat so they both won some viewers. The Prez. lost and by having the issue talked about on both shows and Stewart involving himself, Michelle lost and The Prez will lose some political points. It's another in a long line of questionable contacts he must shy away from, unless he likes to live dangerously(politically). No one mentioned racism, but it is there, underlying the issue on both sides. Why Stewart took the issue on is a mystery, he doesn't need more viewers, and he is keeping the issue alive and putting it out and making it more visible.