PDA

View Full Version : jcsoh

Paul Pless
05-13-2011, 01:09 PM
i miss that bastard

Phillip Allen
05-13-2011, 01:12 PM
he's a lot like a Toyota car...his accelerator gets stuck and then it's too late.
Other than that I like him

Canoez
05-13-2011, 01:19 PM
He's off scraping varnish on Tidbit getting her ready to get in the water....

Peerie Maa
05-13-2011, 01:19 PM
BWAAAAAAAA HA HA HA HA

There, feel better?

Phillip Allen
05-13-2011, 01:24 PM
BWAAAAAAAA HA HA HA HA

There, feel better?

I like REAL sugar in my tea

Canoez
05-13-2011, 01:25 PM
BWAAAAAAAA HA HA HA HA

There, feel better?

I think to make him feel truly better would require that statement with a picture of someone pointing at the recipient of the, "BWAAAAAAAA HA HA HA HA"

Peerie Maa
05-13-2011, 01:42 PM
I think to make him feel truly better would require that statement with a picture of someone pointing at the recipient of the, "BWAAAAAAAA HA HA HA HA"

Hey, I know I'm good, but even I can't do miracles ;)

bobbys
05-13-2011, 01:46 PM
I hope Joe is doing well with his real estate and girl friend and is getting ready to enjoy his boat this season!

Phillip Allen
05-13-2011, 01:47 PM
I think he had to do some important repairs first...

cs
05-13-2011, 01:47 PM
Is he permantly banned or did he just outgrow us?

Chad

S.V. Airlie
05-13-2011, 01:49 PM
Has anyone been permanently banned?

cs
05-13-2011, 01:50 PM
Don't have a clue, except for maybe this one guy a long time ago. I've never been on of the banned so I don't know the ins and outs.

Chad

S.V. Airlie
05-13-2011, 01:54 PM
"Permanent" is a long time Chad....

pefjr
05-13-2011, 01:54 PM
Where's Allison?

S.V. Airlie
05-13-2011, 01:55 PM
pef..she bowed out under her own steam. I think she went to Israel...She was detained at the border...

Bob Adams
05-13-2011, 02:45 PM

Chad

I dunno. I think he was granted a temporary reprive to pay respects to Chuck, then gone again.

Phillip Allen
05-13-2011, 02:48 PM
pef..she bowed out under her own steam. I think she went to Israel...She was detained at the border...

What?

S.V. Airlie
05-13-2011, 02:51 PM
Phillip..how you missed her animosity toward Israel, I don't know.

Phillip Allen
05-13-2011, 02:53 PM
Phillip..how you missed her animosity toward Israel, I don't know.

I didn't read a lot of what she posted...

Domesticated_Mr. Know It All
05-13-2011, 03:40 PM
I miss Joe too.
When he was good, he was real good.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ajZJdcg6JMA&feature=related

elf
05-13-2011, 04:42 PM
Joe's getting the boat in, almost there. Moved to a new YC - more woodys, fewer clorox bottles. Working out. Selling RE.

Robbie 2
05-13-2011, 04:49 PM
Yes...........it would be good to see and hear from JCSOH again.

hokiefan
05-13-2011, 04:52 PM
I miss Joe too.
When he was good, he was real good.

And when he was bad, he was pretty bad!

He was funny. Sometimes even outrageous.

In real life, we wouldn't be friends. But not enemies either. He'd piss me off, but make me laugh at the same time. Yeah, he's real, with a few warts.

Cheers,

Bobby

purri
05-13-2011, 05:02 PM
She's still building.

StevenBauer
05-13-2011, 05:18 PM
Joe's ban is for 6 months this time. I'm not sure what Mark got. I think they went out together. Greg Leber is the only one I know of that got a permanent ban on his first offense. The three or four subsequent permanent bans are kind of justified by the "don't come back from a ban under a new screenname" rule. I personally never saw anything from him that justified a permanent ban.

Steven

botebum
05-13-2011, 05:21 PM
Joe appears to be just fine, enjoying life and keeping busy.

I'm happy for him. He deserves it.

Doug

johnw
05-13-2011, 05:25 PM
I do wish he could control his temper. Joe was a hoot most of the time. I never minded Mark, but never found his post terribly interesting.

Lew Barrett
05-13-2011, 05:29 PM
Joe is hilarious. Very funny guy. The board is less without him.
I'm ok with TD. I'm ok with everyone. My personal ignore button is all I really need, but I understand that there are visitors who come and presume the tone of the board is set by the loudest /rudest voices and that some policing is required. I'm eager to get Joe back on board.

Concordia...41
05-13-2011, 05:36 PM
IIRC this last time, Joe "took one for the team" in his version anyway - and Mark did get banned...

S.V. Airlie
05-13-2011, 05:41 PM
Margo..What Team? Perhaps I don't want to know but if you know, I'm curious..

johnw
05-13-2011, 05:45 PM
IIRC this last time, Joe "took one for the team" in his version anyway - and Mark did get banned...
Guess I'm not on the team. Posting Mark's facebook page struck me as an invasion of his privacy, since he chooses not to post under his name here. Getting Mark banned is neither difficult nor admirable. Mind you, I mock Mark now and then for claiming to be so manly when he's afraid of so many things, but I don't see much harm in him. Joe lets people get under his skin, and he shouldn't.

cathouse willy
05-13-2011, 05:49 PM
Sorry to rain on the I love Joe parade.but in imho Joe is a self centered manipulative bully. I don't miss him at all.

botebum
05-13-2011, 05:52 PM
Not many people missed you either.
Many of us didn't even notice until you returned.

Doug

S.V. Airlie
05-13-2011, 05:52 PM
Joe is Irish and with being Irish, he has an Irish temper...He is oneof the first formites I sailed with along with Matt J and Steven Bauer. We got along famously although Joe had a tendency to get lost in the dinghy headng back to Uncas

botebum
05-13-2011, 05:55 PM
We got along famously although Joe had a tendency to get lost in the dinghy heading back to UncasI believe he was more concerned about the cargo at that point if it's the trip I'm thinking of.

Doug

McMike
05-13-2011, 05:56 PM
Joe is Irish and with being Irish, he has an Irish temper...He is oneof the first formites I sailed with along with Matt J and Steven Bauer. We got along famously although Joe had a tendency to get lost in the dinghy headng back to Uncas

Irish ain't got nothin to do with it. I'm Polish and I have an Irish temper . . .

S.V. Airlie
05-13-2011, 05:57 PM
I believe he was more concerned about the cargo at that point if it's the trip I'm thinking of.

Doug He gave the cargo to Scott. At that time he needed "brownie " points..:) And I sense the trip you are thinking about was referring to a bottle of rum that he stole from me!

botebum
05-13-2011, 05:59 PM
The rum trip was the one I was thinking about.

Doug

S.V. Airlie
05-13-2011, 06:05 PM
The rum was supposedly for Scott. He supposedly liked Goslings and I invited him to a "do" aboard Airlie. He never showed though..The rum was easy pickings for Joe..

bobbys
05-13-2011, 06:28 PM
Margo..What Team? Perhaps I don't want to know but if you know, I'm curious...

The B team...:d

Peter Malcolm Jardine
05-13-2011, 07:10 PM
Joe will be back, oh yes, he will be back.

Nanoose
05-13-2011, 07:17 PM
I miss him too.

I'm not sure it's a temper issue as much as a pride issue - Joe has to win.
But I could be wrong.
I was wrong once before....a long, long time ago.....I remember it well....

Glen Longino
05-13-2011, 07:26 PM
"I was wrong once before..."

I'll never believe that!:)

Nanoose
05-13-2011, 07:30 PM
Ahh...that's just cuz ya luv me sooo much, Glen. :)

johnw
05-13-2011, 07:34 PM
"I was wrong once before..."

I'll never believe that!:)
It was that time she thought she was wrong, but it turned out really she was right, so she was wrong about being wrong. Sorry, did I get lost in the dinghy?

Nanoose
05-13-2011, 07:56 PM
john's right ;)

brad9798
05-13-2011, 08:02 PM
Unlike MOST of the clowns ... phony fools ... FAKES on this forum, JCSOH is one of the good guys ... I MISS Joe!

bobbys
05-13-2011, 08:02 PM
Joe seemed to be upset with Tyler, Ok i can see getting mad but he should have been booted for posting his face book page.

If I remember he also posted some ones photo album.

Things like that are not called for and people are hesitant to post things here ..

Phillip Allen
05-13-2011, 11:19 PM
The rum trip was the one I was thinking about.

Doug
that wasn't Uncas

Phillip Allen
05-13-2011, 11:23 PM
I miss him too.

I'm not sure it's a temper issue as much as a pride issue - Joe has to win.
But I could be wrong.
I was wrong once before....a long, long time ago.....I remember it well....

that's what got me on his banned list...he really pi**ed me off and so I returned the favor and it embarrassed him...he can't stand that. I've indicated I valued his friendship but he can't get over it... prolly because it was too easy for me...all I needed to to was make him mad...that is way too easy

Chris Coose
05-14-2011, 06:03 AM

Chad

Early to mid June.

perldog007
05-14-2011, 06:16 AM
Joe seemed to be upset with Tyler, Ok i can see getting mad but he should have been booted for posting his face book page.

If I remember he also posted some ones photo album.

Things like that are not called for and people are hesitant to post things here ..

He did mention the name of his "Foodies" deli but decline to give the location then went all wild west offended when somebody ( mark? ) posted th phone book listing and address for the enterprise.

Duncan Gibbs
05-14-2011, 07:43 AM
His 'Dove' resto thread was the reason I found this place. He loved an audience then, but he's a little shy online now methinks.

willmarsh3
05-14-2011, 08:18 AM
I'd like to see him come back. I enjoyed videos like the one posted here.

pefjr
05-14-2011, 08:31 AM
Yes, Joe coming back would help the lefties here. I have noticed since Joe has been gone, that the competition level is out of whack. The left has suffered some losses on the political battle front, and the right is getting out of hand. His weapon, BA HA HA yadda yadda is the big gun missing. The sooner he returns the better the odds for the left. The left needs that 2 to one advantage in members plus Joe's big gun to stay on top of the right and keep them civil. Plus he took some risk and took some bannings for the team( he said) and sacrificed his membership for the good of all, so we owe him a big welcome back.

McMike
05-14-2011, 08:40 AM
The left needs that 2 to one advantage in members

Not really. But like other Conservatives here and in the spotlight you know that if you keep saying it will be true . . . .

The real story; reasonable people have grown tired of trying to have you understand the difference between the simplicity of theory and the complexity of execution. Reasonable people have gotten tired of listening to morally bankrupt individuals shout and sputter their beliefs on the right as well as listening to the broken record emotional basket cases on the left.

pefjr
05-14-2011, 09:14 AM
the simplicity of theory and the complexity of execution. I have my own theories about you and mine are backed up with some facts. But this theory is about Joe, now run along and hold your sermon on another 'more reasonable' thread.

McMike
05-14-2011, 10:11 AM
I have my own theories about you and mine are backed up with some facts.

I'm sure you do but the same statement you quoted would apply to your theories about me as they would also apply to my theories about you. One of them being that you're just as internally conflicted as I am and it shows in our/your external projections.

So sermon? . . . I don't know, maybe I'm just trying it on you to see how it looks on me. But no need to take it personally Pefjr, I'm just some broken guy in CT trying to make it out of this life with some semblance of dignity. It doesn't look like its working but I'm going to keep trying . . . "Still I rise".

pefjr
05-14-2011, 10:47 AM
I'm sure you do but the same statement you quoted would apply to your theories about me as they would also apply to my theories about you. One of them being that you're just as internally conflicted as I am and it shows in our/your external projections.

So sermon? . . . I don't know, maybe I'm just trying it on you to see how it looks on me. But no need to take it personally Pefjr, I'm just some broken guy in CT trying to make it out of this life with some semblance of dignity. It doesn't look like its working but I'm going to keep trying . . . "Still I rise".You'll make it ..with ease.

Glen Longino
05-14-2011, 01:04 PM
Yes, Joe coming back would help the lefties here. I have noticed since Joe has been gone, that the competition level is out of whack. The left has suffered some losses on the political battle front, and the right is getting out of hand. His weapon, BA HA HA yadda yadda is the big gun missing. The sooner he returns the better the odds for the left. The left needs that 2 to one advantage in members plus Joe's big gun to stay on top of the right and keep them civil. Plus he took some risk and took some bannings for the team( he said) and sacrificed his membership for the good of all, so we owe him a big welcome back.

A three-legged possum holds a "2 to one advantage" over the Troglodyte Right and you know it, Bud.
Hey, whatever happened to your claims of nonpartisanship?

pefjr
05-14-2011, 01:30 PM
A three-legged possum holds a "2 to one advantage" over the Troglodyte Right and you know it, Bud.
Hey, whatever happened to your claims of nonpartisanship?Don't mis-interpret that. I never said that I don't appreciate the political games played on WBF. I find the comedy amusing and sometimes feel the urge to report on the humor of it all. For instance I have the urge to point out to the readers that your post has the stench of rotten ad hominey, but fits the mold of the continuous goings on between the witty and the uh ....texas wannabe liberal comedians. I will give you a little credit for trying hard though. I would give you more credit IF(I know that's a huge if ) you could say something funny without the smell of those old and stale over fried grits.

perldog007
05-14-2011, 01:33 PM
Hey, whatever happened to your claims of nonpartisanship?

In the bilge? Yes. Last election? Must have been a one legged possum. :D

George Jung
05-14-2011, 01:33 PM
Doggone it, pard -

I do believe you tickled a nerve or sumptin....

perldog007
05-14-2011, 01:42 PM
T'ain't no nerve and it weren't a tickle, but you's on the right track. ;)

George Jung
05-14-2011, 01:45 PM
I had initially pointed that JR's way -

but you're on the same track, as well.

I'm gonna go over here to the corner (pizza and beer) and just watch.

BTW, I'd say - it's a nod to ol' Joe just how controversial he is, still raising a stink 3 months into a ban. Now that's something.

perldog007
05-14-2011, 01:48 PM
He and ljb5 "welcomed me" to the bilge. Can't say that I miss him but opinions are like strawberries or something :D

S.V. Airlie
05-14-2011, 01:53 PM
Look folks I like Joe..I certainly don't have an issue with him Many here are calling for a recall. I do not care who it is but if one
"does the crime, one does the time." I say, let the banning continue until he is allowed back. By changing the rules, one only will run into issues further down the line. The Admin said six months..Okay, six months is six months, deal with it..There is no parole...So, I'm an ass. Call it tough love if that helps...

Glen Longino
05-14-2011, 02:06 PM
Look folks I like Joe..I certainly don't have an issue with him Many here are calling for a recall. I do not care who it is but if one
"does the crime, one does the time." I say, let the banning continue until he is allowed back. By changing the rules, one only will run into issues further down the line. The Admin said six months..Okay, six months is six months, deal with it..There is no parole...So, I'm an ass. Call it tough love if that helps...

I agree! You're an ass!:D
Just kidding dammit!
I agree that Joe should do his time! I'm sure Joe would agree with you too.

Lew Barrett
05-14-2011, 03:11 PM
It makes absolutely no difference what we write here. I shall post an illustrative lyric:

When I was back there in
seminary school
There was a person there
Who put forth the proposition
That you can petition the Lord
with prayer
Petition the Lord with prayer
Petition the Lord with prayer
You cannot petition the Lord
with prayer

George Jung
05-14-2011, 03:17 PM
Well, ye can
but the answer
may be 'no'...

S.V. Airlie
05-14-2011, 03:34 PM
For those nonbelievers regarding Joe being Irish. I'll never forget the time he ran into a Coors distributer and talked him into delivering 2 twelve packs of Coors to Newport,, and the distributer was in CT. Needless to say, the beer showed up but Joe had to pay off Scott... Now that took blarney and you all say he was not Irish enough...LOL

McMike
05-14-2011, 05:48 PM
For those nonbelievers regarding Joe being Irish. I'll never forget the time he ran into a Coors distributer and talked him into delivering 2 twelve packs of Coors to Newport,, and the distributer was in CT. Needless to say, the beer showed up but Joe had to pay off Scott... Now that took blarney and you all say he was not Irish enough...LOL

I'm playing with you so don't go crying about me picking on you but saying Joe has a temper because he's Irish is like saying that I'm stupid because I'm Polish, it's ridiculous, I'm stupid just because.

goodbasil
05-14-2011, 06:01 PM
I always though it was a bit of a pride issue with him as well.

I often wonder about his dog Lucky. He wasn't doing so well last we heard about 6 months ago I think. 6 months is a long time in a dog's life.

Bobby of Tulsa
05-14-2011, 06:03 PM
I'm playing with you so don't go crying about me picking on you but saying Joe has a temper because he's Irish is like saying that I'm stupid because I'm Polish, it's ridiculous, I'm stupid just because.
I don't care what the ancient mariner says, you ain't stupid, as for Joe, If I was under fire I would hope to have him watch my back. I think he would stand his ground and not run.

McMike
05-14-2011, 06:06 PM
. . . as for Joe, If I was under fire I would hope to have him watch my back. I think he would stand his ground and not run.

This I agree with.

bobbys
05-14-2011, 06:12 PM
Can't do the time dunno do the crime!

Bobby of Tulsa
05-14-2011, 06:21 PM
Can't do the time dunno do the crime!

I think maybe Joe is no more guilty than some that are posting on this thread. If you are a partaker of their sins you are just as guilty. Like say, a bikini thread. Rules are rules, Right?

George Jung
05-14-2011, 06:24 PM
That's a stretch.

Certainly there are some types of pics that can nail ya, but for the most part, it's 'do you play well with others'.

bobbys
05-14-2011, 06:26 PM
I think maybe Joe is no more guilty than some that are posting on this thread. If you are a partaker of their sins you are just as guilty. Like say, a bikini thread. Rules are rules, Right?.

I never look at that Bikini thread!.

Honest!

Phillip Allen
05-14-2011, 06:38 PM
I had initially pointed that JR's way -

but you're on the same track, as well.

I'm gonna go over here to the corner (pizza and beer) and just watch.

BTW, I'd say - it's a nod to ol' Joe just how controversial he is, still raising a stink 3 months into a ban. Now that's something.

I guess it's pretty hard to argue with that!

Phillip Allen
05-14-2011, 06:42 PM
I don't care what the ancient mariner says, you ain't stupid, as for Joe, If I was under fire I would hope to have him watch my back. I think he would stand his ground and not run.

I agree...he'd cover your back while cussing at you... but he'd still cover your back. I admire that

pefjr
05-14-2011, 06:44 PM
I rather have Ally cover my back.

Bobby of Tulsa
05-14-2011, 06:49 PM

I never look at that Bikini thread!.

Honest!

Ya Right. :)

bobbys
05-14-2011, 06:51 PM
I don't care what the ancient mariner says, you ain't stupid, as for Joe, If I was under fire I would hope to have him watch my back. I think he would stand his ground and not run..

Doubt Joe would ever be out of the Photographers Shot. In fact he may just push you outta the way to get in front!.

Jus kidding ya Joe you a handsome lad!

Bobby of Tulsa
05-14-2011, 06:54 PM
I agree...he'd cover your back while cussing at you... but he'd still cover your back. I admire that
He don't pussy foot around, He says what he thinks. He doesn't play around with words and then act like he is Mr. Innocent. Jus sayin.

johnw
05-14-2011, 08:25 PM

Yeah, this thread is obviously about you.

pefjr
05-28-2011, 03:18 PM
What did ljb5 do wrong. He has been banned for 3 mos. now? Musta been serious.

Paul Pless
05-28-2011, 03:57 PM
What did ljb5 do wrong. plain old garden variety incompetence. . .

Domesticated_Mr. Know It All
05-28-2011, 04:30 PM
I hope Joe's off sailin today.

botebum
05-28-2011, 04:36 PM
What did ljb5 do wrong. He has been banned for 3 mos. now? Musta been serious.I don't think he's been gone three months. Might have lost that many posts though.

Edit- I just checked and his last activity was three weeks ago.

Doug

pefjr
05-28-2011, 04:53 PM
ljb5 http://forum.woodenboat.com/images/statusicon/user-offline.png
Banned

http://forum.woodenboat.com/images/misc/unknown.gif (http://forum.woodenboat.com/member.php?7700-ljb5)
Garden variety would be a 30 day sentence. Says banned underneath his name.
(http://forum.woodenboat.com/member.php?7700-ljb5)

George Jung
05-28-2011, 04:57 PM
Huh. I missed it.

Have to say I'm surprised - he seemed to have mellowed a bit.

edit: BTW, is it me, or does LJ look like just a shadow of himself?

bobbys
05-28-2011, 05:16 PM
Joe was more interesting then this crop of libs.