PDA

View Full Version : The Terminator terminates

The Bigfella
05-10-2011, 01:33 AM
Arnie and Maria have split after 25 years.

He'll be back....

Bob Cleek
05-10-2011, 02:05 AM
No kidding? I suppose there was never any hope for their marriage anyhow, him being a Republican and she a Kennedy Democrat. Ah-nold the Terminator with his Democratiic "Skeleton in the Closet," as they called her. Too bad. Spent some time with him when he was just a kid in the body building game. Nice guy and very bright. California's had worse governors, that's for sure.

WX
05-10-2011, 02:41 AM
Like Raygun?

ramillett
05-10-2011, 02:47 AM
Like Raygun?

I lived threw it :) Some of the better times :)

TomF
05-10-2011, 06:34 AM
I always admired Arni . Bought his body building book when I was a teenager. I was in to bodybuilding back then. Wish I would have stuck with it. Arnold achieved the American dream. Sad news about the marriage.It is sad news about the marriage - I'm sorry for it, for both of them.

As you say, Arnold achieved the American dream. I wonder how he feels about it, considering. When there've been so many sacrifices to make it "there," you'd best like it "there" once you've arrived.

LeeG
05-10-2011, 07:02 AM
25yrs is long enough

George Ray
05-10-2011, 07:55 AM
Hopefully in 25 years they have grown up while growing apart and will each go with their lives being happy and doing good things.

Ian McColgin
05-10-2011, 07:57 AM
From the International Business Times

May 10, 2011 8:42 AM EDT

After 25 years of marriage, Arnold Schwarzenegger and Maria Shriver have split up, they said in a joint statement.

"This has been a time of great personal and professional transition for each of us. After a great deal of thought, reflection, discussion, and prayer, we came to this decision together," reads the statement. "At this time, we are living apart, while we work on the future of our relationship. We are continuing to parent our four children together. They are the light at the center of both of our lives."

In their statement they added, "We consider this a private matter and neither we nor any of our friends or family will have further comment."

Andrew Craig-Bennett
05-10-2011, 08:33 AM
No kidding? I suppose there was never any hope for their marriage anyhow, him being a Republican and she a Kennedy Democrat. Ah-nold the Terminator with his Democratiic "Skeleton in the Closet," as they called her. Too bad. Spent some time with him when he was just a kid in the body building game. Nice guy and very bright. California's had worse governors, that's for sure.

Bob - when using the adjective "Kennedy" to modify the noun "Shriver" it is not necessary to add the term "Democrat".

Anyway, Arnie is probably a RINO...

Paul Pless
05-10-2011, 08:33 AM
Bob - when using the adjective "Kennedy" to modify the noun "Shriver" it is not necessary to add the term "Democrat".lmao!!!

Ian McColgin
05-10-2011, 10:06 AM
When they were engaged and Ted expressed some reservations about Arnold's Republicanism, Maria said, "Uncle Teddy, don't think of him as a Republican. Think of him as a strong man who can crush you."

My California relations point out that having grown up in Austria, Schwartzenager's political values are not consistent with modern rightwing "conservative" Republicanism and he actually made a reasonably middle of the road work with people governor. And Kennedy family political values are considerably more conservative than the frothing righties would ever admit. No major fights at family dinners.

andrewe
05-10-2011, 01:14 PM
Always interesting to see people critising personal relations, what do you know? Good look Ian.

bobbys
05-10-2011, 01:34 PM
Arnold came here to do Kindergarten cop.

He rode the bus.

He went to the local high schools graduation and spoke.

Everyone that met him or worked with him agree he is a great guy.

My friends that do bodybuilding all wanted to meet him and he gave tips on his lunch hour.

To bad about the breakup of a family, Only there business.

yzer
05-10-2011, 04:02 PM
Celebrity divorce doesn't interest me in the slightest. Big deal.

Schwarzenegger was one of the worst governors to plague California for the past 60 years, the worst being his bumbling, ineffectual, idiotic Democratic predecessor: Grey Davis.

Too many Democrats give Schwarzenegger a pass because he married into the Shriver/Kennedy clan. Democrats have their own oligarchy. Oligarchy transcends any ideology except vested interests. That's one of the reasons why I said goodbye to a a life-long affiliation with the Democratic party: Clinton was in the White House and Davis was governor. I'm registered as non-partisan now.

Schwarzenegger's plan to break Sacramento gridlock by using the initiative process was a complete failure as were his attempts to pass a timely budget. The one thing Arnie succeeding in doing was helping his Southern California business buddies steal what water remains in the Sacramento/San Joaquin watershed for future developer interests and to irrigate corporate agriculture in the semi-arid Central Valley.

You may want to delude yourself into thinking Schwarzenegger was a RINO but this boy was big business all the way. They way he managed to take the future of the largest estuary on west coast from the people of California turn it into a corporate asset is nothing less than appalling. He had some help from Feinstein who somehow managed to keep most of her environmental cred.